Electric 3 Series

lol. Teslafags BTFO.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a10239489/bmw-electric-3-series-rumor/

But how much will it cost? We've seen GM's attempt at a Model 3 priced electric car and it isn't doing so well

What manufacturers don't realise is that people WANT to be seen in an electric car, it's a statement. Driving a Tesla does exactly that, meanwhile to normies an electric 3 series is just another 3 series and not a Tesla so why should they care?

Says it will compete directly with the Model 3 on cost.

getting 250 miles out of an ev without having a dedicated chassis designed for it = expensive fuckin ev

It's going to have either terrible range or cost 3x as much as the Model 3 at the same range.

I've seen a lot of those small BMW electric cars. I wouldn't doubt a 3 series would sell bad desu.

Yeah but those Intel processor cars have the image of being electric, a regular 3 series doesn't have that Tron reject look

>Says it will compete directly with the Model 3 on cost.
A gasoline 3 series barely does that without adding the cost of cells

Care to elaborate on the differences on chassis?

No. That's just the Hollywoon indoctrination in the US you cuck

>Brand > quality, price or anything else that matters

We buy stuff for ourselves. Not to fill the voids in our souls and heads that can only be satisfied by others because we haven't got an identity of our own. That's all you :)

Just wait till the Audi is ready bro

basically if you take a gas car chassis and shove batteries into it you won't get much range out of that, see any ev which is an ev version of a gas car.

however if you design the thing from scratch to be an ev with a giant battery tray down below then you can get way more batteries in there. See chevy bolt

BMW is going to make no money on it then. Or they are over charging the fuck out of normies driving normal 3 series.

The Bolt is a great car. The main problem is that it is only for sale in limited states at the moment.

A fucking LEAF 2.0 is coming out in 2018/19. It will have a 200 mile range at least.

The regular 3 series costs about the same as a model 3, and this one will have 50 extra miles of range. That said, tesla has more status value than bmw so their core buyers will stay put

>The regular 3 series costs about the same as a model 3, and this one will have 50 extra miles of range.
yeah, bmw is either going to sell this at a bit loss or it's going to cost like 45k

They already make a Hybrid version so it's not much of a stretch to go full electric

>Or they are over charging the fuck out of normies driving normal 3 series
BMW sticker price is easily 10 grand over invoice. They'll be making profit similar to Jaguar/Land Rover with the electric version (2-3 grand a car). The reason you can lease a "$50,000" BMW for 385 a month is because it doesn't actually cost 50k.

>t. work at a dealership

You be got that add backwards.
People who drive a tesla don't give a fuck it's electric. They want a status symbol, and a high end electric sports car is the best "look at me" mobile available at the moment.
People that want electric cars will buy them when traditional auto manufacturers start building them AND when the charging infrastructure has been establishes AND when the technology has been proven to be reliable.

Only contrarian faggots buy tesla.

People that want electric cars will buy Tesla because they are the only company that takes electric cars seriously.
The other manufacturers are making shit versions of a Tesla and pretending they take EVs seriously.
Tesla has to sell a fuckton of cars before the other carmakers stop mailing it in with bullshit like the nissan leaf

And the US is the only market that matters

>People who drive a tesla don't give a fuck it's electric
You have no idea...

>Zero MPG

That's a very short range.

They're status symbols, but for a special kind of person who feels they're morally superior by driving a giant 5000lbs luxobarge sitting on a mountain of lithium while living their consumer whore life styles

>imagine a smug owner of a new tesla walking into registration
>he waves at everyone with a big shit eating grin "hey, how're gas prices treatin you? me? oh, no, i drive a tesla! fully electric!"
>proceeds to the registration counter, laughing at everyone behind him in his head, secure in his thought that he just BTFO everyone
>finally gets asked if he wants a custom plate
>yells at the top of his lungs, as much as his protein starved, vegan body can do: "LOL OIL"
>brief moment of silence
>"i'm sorry sir, that one is taken"
>stunned, unable to comprehend how this can be, he, a tesla driver, not able to get the plate he wants?!
>fixes thick black rim glasses without any glass in them
>"LOL GAS" ...another shit eating grin appears on his face
>"that one is taken too sir... in case you drive a tesla, we've made a list of all the plates that are already taken"
>the woman at the counter hands out a notepad, pages upon pages of any variation of LOL, OIL, GAS, CO2 and whatnot listed on it
>the tesla driver has to admit defeat and just goes with a random number plate
>furiously types an angry instagram post on his way home on the large "not-ipad" dash

Owned

Every teslafag owned by this one plate.
Suck it envirofags. I know which id rather be seen in.

Unsurprisingly they're not very intelligent

given all the rare metals which go into a Tesla, your car is probably still more environmentally friendly

The Ultimate Be Driven To Work Machine

>not driving a 2016 328d touring

Faggots. Everyone knows clean diesel is the way.

yeah, people who drive tesla think its like owning a car when everyone owned horses.

Nevermind that they all have a gas vehicle for not commuting.

The irony is most car fans have a shitbox for commuting and accumulatingmiles while tesla owners have an expensive car for DD and a shit box for when they actually need to drive.

None of them give a shit about performance though so you wont see htem at a track.

Need a tesla plate that says LOL COAL

Not in America anymore thanks to retarded NOx emission laws

Pretty much this. Electro-fags don't want to know anything about batteries or coal/oil powered power plants.

Or the plastic interiors which require plenty of crude oil to make

Yeah, but it's pollution that's far away. ICEs actively pollute the city you live in.

so its fine if its far away

Yeah, just like how borderline slave labour to make all of our shit is fine as long as we don't have to see it

Of courshe. I know it's hypocritical, but you don't care about Africans either.

but far away pollution still fucks our shit up

Shhhh... they don't know that

Yes, but in the globalised world we live in its unavoidable unless you go full self sufficient farming and live as some hermit in the woods.

packaging. motor and associated hardware will take up the hood. so the battery pack is going to eat into the trunk.

Yeah, which is exactly why these self righteous idiots need to stop

I still prefer the pollution and noise in Africa instead of the city I live in :^)

>implying pollution doesn't travel with jet streams across the globe

>Implying your exhaust doesn't produce a more immediate and measurable pollution

Modern cars aren't the shitboxes you're still driving, it'll literally be impossible to gas yourself by idling in a closed garage these days

Meanwhile a handful of ships used to transport your iPhones and anal beads from China pollute more than all of the cars in the world combined

Yeah sure. Please make a personal test of that.

the difference between like 30 miles of range and 250 miles of range in terms of batteries is fucking huge

bmw upkeep is horrid though. I have no idea about telsa though. I mostly know people with converted electric cars.

why are people so obsessed with electric cars when most of the power still comes from coal fire power stations?
i feel like as dirty as petrol is it is still cleaner burning than fucking coal...

Less smog where it matters

A handful of classic cards contribute more towards smog than hundreds of new cars

coal is not the majority of power generation in developed nations. excepting China of course. Those fuckers burn as much coal as the rest of the world combined.

>it has a lot of catching up to do. Tesla has already accumulated several hundred thousand reservations for the Model 3
That's bs, last year f30 3-series sales were 100k only US market

>thanks to good NOx emission laws
fixed

>electric version of its flagship 3-series
>3-series
>its flagship

wut?

We are going to be subtracting the cost of the engine.

>muh kiddies with asthma
Fuck off, NOx benefits the environment. The gasses break down to generate more ozone and add more nitrates to the soil

[citation needed]
also guess who has shit nox regulations? china and greece. check out how their cities are doing

>NOx reacts with volatile organic compounds in the presence of sunlight to form and to destroy ozone
>NOx emissions also cause global cooling through the formation of •OH radicals that destroy methane molecules, countering the effect of greenhouse gases