Is AC in a shitbox overrated?

is AC in a shitbox overrated?

No. It gets stupid hot in my Miata otherwise. Also,

>turn on a/c
>throw car into 5th
>cruise control
Feels good man

Depends on where you live, if your summers are hot as shit, fuck no it's not overrated

replying to an actual retard

aw fuck i did it too

Yes, just roll the windows down instead.

AC drains power from the engine, reducing horsepower and mpg. Same with power steering.

If your car has working AC and power steering, you don't belong here.

If you asked me when I lived in Colorado I would say yes it's overrated. I live in florida now and I'd rather die than have to have no a/c in the summer.

Yeah, you try owning a car in Arizona with no AC

I have removed most of the shit from my car.
abs
cruise
ac
auto belts
working on converting to manual steering

>If your car was made in the last 30 years and is stock, you don't belong here.

If you do not ride a motorcycle (the most enthusiast oriented auto ever) you do not belong here. PS- my bike doesn't have ac

Spoken like a true neet

Why?

It still gets hot in a shitbox.

My car is black so It gets hot enough to kill a baby in there, A/C doesn't affect power that much. Can still merge onto the 75mph highway pretty quick

>he has headlights

The AC is connected to the accessory belt, removing it from the belt will reduce friction allowing your engine to use the power elsewhere. Just turning off the AC won't affect power too much.

Total bullshit. It's taking away 1 horsepower at most. Unless you drive a 10hp gokart it makes no difference

That's horseshit, in 4 cylinder cars it's very noticeable

Most AC pumps have electromagnetic clutches or are variable displacement so turning it off just turns it into a freewheeling belt guide and will save fuel/hp

In an automobile, the A/C system will use around 5 horsepower (4 kW)

Also, that's just the compressor. If your running the blower at high speeds, it will increase current draw from the alternator, which increases the parasitic power loss.

AC also adds heat to pretty much everything, so there will be an increase in parasitic power loss from cooling fans, at low speeds.

>having a car