Does anyone have a dashcam?

Does anyone have a dashcam?

Does it enhance your life in any way?

Do you upload recorded footage on to the Internet?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/a4q5f
amazon.com/V1-Dashboard-Recorder-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B00X528FNE/ref=zg_bs_3248689011_1/142-5559057-5949417?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HKXY6PTPYSA4P80CEV5N
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15523000/#q15523000
rate-driver.com/wi/501wvv
youtube.com/watch?v=zqgbpMgs50g
m.androidcentral.com/how-connect-usb-flash-storage-device-your-android-phone
youtube.com/watch?v=tyXDtS9hvHw
youtu.be/bcN4xlzXHvU
youtube.com/watch?v=KxCghE6Zm-c
youtube.com/watch?v=p3hSl7RW-AU
youtu.be/mpjhcLuJcP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My chainsaw got stolen 2 years ago, now I have a front and rear one.

streamable.com/a4q5f

definitely worth
this bitch took half the paint off my bumper and would have injured her 12 year old kid that wasnt wearing a seat belt if i wasnt paying attention. she claimed to not see me. that kid was experiencing his first adrenaline rush. kid saw his short life flash before his eyes. was actually trembling when they opened the door.

then she denied everything and lied out her ass to the insurance companies

i never mentioned to her i have a cam
she was dropped by her insurance and may be facing fraud charges

i live in a hot climate so i opted for a cam without a battery. if you go cheap the batteries have been known to rupture and burn your car down.. mine has a small capacitor was $75 on amazon. a188c

What dash cam model have you got?

This is the real question right here.

WHICH DASHCAM IS BEST?

At my work we see dashcams in about half the cars that come in for service. The trouble is, ALOT of them are absolute crap. Terrible fields of view, terrible quality, bulky and impossible to tuck somewhere unobstructive...

Ideally, I would want something with a wide FOV, slim with an angled lense so it can fit closer to the windshield or actually part of the rear view itself, with a second lens at the rear window.

Wiring can be tucked behind the headliner. Power can be hidden behind the pillar covers and under the headliner aswell, I have no issues with this.
I just want a GOOD solution, that doesn't look like shit.

I have the "Yi Dashcam" that you can get on Amazon, best dashcam I owned so far for the money, only like $50 I think. Quality is great, the app actually works really well. Records in 3 min intervals, I believe it auto-writes over old footage so you don't have to constantly deleted old footage manually. Owned it for a few months, never had an issue or freezing issue. You just go to the app, find what chunk of footage you want to download, and it downloads straight to your phone and you can do whatever you want with it.

and yes it enhanced my life. My brother borrowed my car once and he had a fight with his gf in it and he forgot I had a dashcam installed, so I got to listen to the spicy fight lul.

I'm strongly considering the KDLinks R100, a NEXGADGET camera that's similar but only $60, the Papago Gosafe 268, Street Guardian SG9665GC, and BlackVue DR450-1CH.

Should I avoid any of these?

I'm only sure of the Blackvue and Street Guardian being able to take the heat in my car. It may get up to 120 degrees in there.

>be me
>somehow a magnet to getting cut off in a red sports car
>get a dash cam
>inbred in his wife/sisters truck almost side swipes me as he goes on the shoulder to pass me on an on-ramp
>OH YOU FUCKED UP NOW
>glued to his asshole now
>911 on the phone
>dashcam on
>relay truck model/color, driver appearance, and the fact he's an out of state faggot Texan
>he's on an off ramp lane
>pull up along side on the left (2 lane exit) to get his face on cam
>he cuts across my lane, almost hitting me, and almost clips the exit sign as he crosses over the grass embankment to get back on the interstate
>rear end gets flicked up and now he's driving on his front 2 wheels like a dog doing a hand stand
>ends up regaining control too late, and side swiped the center barrier on the driver side
>inform the dispatch he has some fresh paint transfer on the left side of his car with a barrier
>end up taking the off ramp, and then blasting through to the next on ramp
>get to the other side and hickman is now barreling down the interstate
>giving the dispatch all the info as it happens
>5 minutes later and a cop is coming up an on-ramp and sees the truck and me
>pulls us both over
>I hand the officer my flash card
>he asks if I want to be in court
>tell him the evidence speaks for itself
>continue to work
>a year later I have my flash card back and the texan is in prison for violating his parole (leaving texas) to get weed.
>will be stuck in prison for 5 years

It's my magnum opus dashcam video, I'm trying to get enough footie to make my own comp and get fat cash from ad revenue since it's all my own content.

Should I get this dashcam?

amazon.com/V1-Dashboard-Recorder-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B00X528FNE/ref=zg_bs_3248689011_1/142-5559057-5949417?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HKXY6PTPYSA4P80CEV5N

I like how it is discreet, any other recommendations?

What was her story?

I've been considering this one too
Any opinions on this vs an a119?

I've got two A119S, front and rear. Very good quality.

Compared to the A119, it's got a better sensor but records at a lower resolution. Footage looks much better. It's also better at night.

Looks good but
>no non-gps model
I dont want something that could possibly be self incriminating

>gps model
Can't you just turn the GPS function off?

You can get it without GPS. It's a separate part that clips on and replaces the standard mount.

Thinking of getting this one. I think it's an older model, but it's half price and seems to come highly recommended: amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D8YP50A/?tag=ho01f-21

They should have 2 flash card slots, or
internal memory + flash card
So you can give the card to the police and retain a copy for yourself

If you get a microSD to USB adaptor and a USB to whatever your phone uses, you can pull files off it in the car.

she wanted to go left

the police/insurance companies have started using this crazy new shit called email.

you can attach text, images, and even video files to the message. and then send it anywhere in the world instantly!

faggot

I got one. Saved me a few times, especially as a Lyft driver

No I mean what did she tell the insurance/police

>someone in broad fucking daylight wants to make a turn
>the road is long and straight with no blindspots
>apparently slowing down is out of the question when you're going 35MPH

>then she denied everything and lied out her ass to the insurance companies
>i never mentioned to her i have a cam
I haven't got in any accident yet, but I will not mention the cam to anyone but the police officer. I do not want the other car's occupants coming over and taking away my evidence once they know I have it.

>Does anyone have a dashcam?

Archived dashcam thread
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15523000/#q15523000

>Does it enhance your life in any way?

For a few bucks you don't have to worry about someone lying about an accident. Got one after some deranged boomer ran into my parked car and blamed me. Won that battle with the insurance company as he was completely full of shit.

>Do you upload recorded footage on to the Internet?

No, only giga level faggots do that - my daily drive is boring. If you are uploading a vlog about assholes on the road you are probably the asshole.

>Do you upload recorded footage on to the Internet?
Some people do that as a record of isolated incidents or even crimes they spot with their dashcam. If you go browse Rate-Driver, you can see some webm evidence in some posts.

Example: driver trying to run over someone
rate-driver.com/wi/501wvv

Uploading such footage doesn't make you the asshole. But other assholes that regularly like to do asshole things will feel threatened that people can and do upload footage.

Quads may make me get this dash cam

>dat voice
I'd assault him with my vehicle if you know what I mean

>Buick
Well that solves that.

>I am a faggot and like turning into oncoming traffic when they're doing the speed limit

>doesnt post it
nice try cumguzzler

>His phone doesn't accept microSD cards
>His phone doesn't have a USB socket!
>AND HE IMPLIED A PHONE WOULD BE A USB HOST DEVICE
dude dongles lamo

I use this dash cam in my DD. It's alright. The quality is decent up close but at speed or distance it has trouble focusing on license plates. The mount it comes with has literally melted in the sun on me, twice. Their support is solid, though. They sent me new mounts no questions asked. When I get home maybe I can link a sample video for you to peep.

why especially as a Lyft driver? if you're talking about shady passengers, wouldn't a dashcam fail to catch that as they face forward?

you can buy a 2 channel dash cam and just use the second one pointed at the cabin, and I believe there are models out there that have both cameras inside one unit for that very purpose

You were going rather quickly there. Know know, past that "WATCH OUT FOR CHILDREN" SIGN.

I do but haven't needed it yet. If I see something funny I might upload it why not. It does give a sense of security. Unless I cock up, then I'll eat the SD card

I want to get one just for the peace of mind I'll have from being less likely to be fucked over in the event of an accident.

>tfw getting Anker Dashcam, and routing Micro USB cable around trim so cable is hidden except at the top.

Who else knows this feel?

the sign designates that theres a crosswalk ahead

the first time i drove was a little scary too

These are designed for trucks but have a sweet FOV in a normal sized car. Mic quality is eh though.

I had installed a dashcam but I had a problem where it would only toggle its powerstate when I turned the car on. Like I turn car on, cam turns on, I turn car off, and cam stays on... Then I turn car back on and cam turns off, etc. So I removed it to troubleshoot it and I solved the problem, sort of, it was my cigarette lighter's fault but I have no other way to power it.

I don't know how to fix that and I have been too lazy to put it back in. I should do that.

Wish I could hide the wiring, had it set up sweet in my old car, tucked the wiring under the roof liner, in the passenger side pillar, into the dash and coming out from beneath the stereo so the only wiring you could see is where it plugged in to the cig lighter. Can't mount it li9ke that in my new car and it's doing my head in trying to find a way to tuck everything in.

I have a front and rear cam in my daily driver.

Some footage

youtube.com/watch?v=zqgbpMgs50g

Jesus, what the flying fuck is wrong with people in Alabama?

Severe road rage, idiocy, etc.

A side story...

Dude pulled up behind me in a Polaris Slingshot at a red light. I'm in the left lane that becomes the go straight lane. The right lane becomes right turn only. The light turns green but the next light a half block ahead is red. I accelerate slowly because why floor it for 100 feet then slam the brakes for the next light. The Slingshot jerks over into the right lane and floors it past me then jerks over, crossing my lane and promptly slamming his brakes as he enters the left turn lane.
As I pull up next to him he yells over "why da fuck er yew gein so slow?"
I roll down my window and tell him he should wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle.
This really pissed him off.
Hes like "it got seat belts n a steer ing wheel. I aint gotta wear shit, dumbass"
Then the light turned green before I could tell him that his 12000k police-blue HIDs were illegal.

>that guy leafblowing his lawn spazing out
What was his deal?

Who the fuck knows, man.

I laughed, nice music user
And very cool lightning shots!

Is that an NC?

Yep, muh fat shitbox

Turn toward where she came from, not toward where she's going!

>Dude tries to legally pass you because you're driving a little slow
>you speed up and force him behind you
>he gets understandably upset and passes you forcefully

idk user you kinda seem in the wrong in this situation

I'm trying to be accomodating for all phones, user. And it works, it picks it up as an external drive.

m.androidcentral.com/how-connect-usb-flash-storage-device-your-android-phone

Its a neighborhood with a 20 mph limit. I was going 20 because they were riding my ass. Passing is also illegal in the neighborhood.

This.

See

I was at a carpark waiting to pull out but the girl in the spot im front was already reversing so waited to let her go.
She backed straight into my car, "omg sorry bla bla ill fix it" thought everything was cool.
Her and her retard dad basically tell me they are telling the insurance that i rear ended her so that i have to pay and i van basically go fuck myself.
Get a call from insurance saying im in shit for filing a false report. Luky i put a beast of a memory card in the cam and was able to find and send the fottage.

They ended up processing my claim in full, they also found security footage from the car park backing up dash cam footage.

She had to pay for everything and she is black listed from all car insurance companies kek

I bought a Git2 actioncam which also has dashcam functionality like cycle recording, g sensor etc..

generally does beautiful video but on gloomy days it looks questionable

youtube.com/watch?v=tyXDtS9hvHw

But its much entertainment
youtu.be/bcN4xlzXHvU

>1:49
Holy shit

where do you get power for rear cam?

So not long ago someone threw a shopping cart at my driver side door. Is it worth getting 4 dashcams (front, back, 2 sides)? Or is front and back with parking mode good enough?

in some of these situations you where the asshole, if someone wants to overtake you, let them. maybe they have an emergency

faggot

No one wants to listen to your shitty music.

Nope.

Fucksticks use that neighborhood as a high speed cut through to bypass traffic on the main roads. The people who live there are sick of their streets being used as basic bitches racing strips, running over dogs and cats, blowing through stop signs at 40 mph. Fuck them. Fuck anyone who speeds through neighborhoods. When cunts race up to my bumper in neighborhoods, I slow down to the exact speed limit and stop for a full 3 seconds at sto signs. This is where people, their kids, their animals live. Not a side street for you to roleplay Takumi on.

i caught some woman arguing with cops over a illegal left hand turn in manhattan
youtube.com/watch?v=KxCghE6Zm-c

dont mind the date its wrong. it resets on its own everytime to factory original

He probably expected her to stop, and if she did and he went the opposite direction it would have made things worse.

>youre stuck there
>truck almost hits you for no reason other than their light is green
>other toyota just keeps going for no reason other than their light is green
>people on the sidewalk giving YOU bad looks when they get stopped to let you pass
So this is new york.
Will the whole city just fall apart if there's no traffic guards directing the flow at every intersection and random cops walking down the middle of every road?

Are capacitor types the way to go?

I'm not clear on how big their advantage over batteries. Can someone explain?

>want to get a dash cam
>don't want to have to show footage of me driving like a boy racer with eurobeat on full blast to the insurance company and/or the court

Man, my commutes are pretty boring compared to these. Which is a blessing I suppose. That lightning storm looked nice though.

>trying to play police officer
The only bad driver here is yoy. You need to have your licence revoked.

Lol fuck new york

from my cam on my bike. skip to :40 if you're impatient.

youtube.com/watch?v=p3hSl7RW-AU

That's rare enough to not get dashcams for the sides. The problem of dashcams is that you are not the police. So what if you have video? Who is it? You cannot usually convince the police to access their image database software for your door ding situation.

Well I guess it would have seen their car and license plate. Then I can look it up for 20$ and pay them a visit.

>subaru drivers
Why am I not surprised

america has backward ass traffic laws and nyc makes a great example

>cars and people go at the same time

really monica?

Which one is best
Rexing V1
VIOFO A119
Spytec A119

Because we live in a meme world?

>cars and people go at the same time
Unlike Japan which has major intersection have all cars stop while all pedestrian crossings are full open, the USA is a car-based country with relatively poor (to Japan) mass transit. That's why cars and pedestrians all move in the same direction by taking turns. That way, some cars are always moving.

When I was in Tokyo and to a lesser bit in Osaka, I could get around without a car because the mass transmit was far superior to that in the USA. And zero worries about being mugged at the transit stations unlike in the USA!

Of course, there are some drawbacks. Picture shows an example of how train cars are overloaded by Shinjuku Station (Tokyo) staff physically shoving passengers tight like sardines into each train car. The staff fights hysteresis desperate before each new train comes in on an average of every 2 minutes. People have to be loaded in and doors closed and the train having left the station before the next one can arrive without crashing into the previous train. So a 2 minute separation is a desperately tight schedule on certain lines. Not every line is that tight though.

>what is mute?

Doesnt look like he's doing anything wrong to me user.

The sound is the best part.
>CYKA BLYAT

Batteries often dont work in extreme cold or heat. Batteries also go bad over time. The capacitor solves this issue.

>Yielding right of way when you shouldn't and causing confusion
Yes, that's how this could've gone better.

I'M A MEMER GIRL
IN A MEMER WORLD
MY MEMES ARE SPASTIC
ITS FANTASTIC

I fucking love that channel

The dialogue is top notch
>yew fookin daft cunt

youtu.be/mpjhcLuJcP4

Only dashcam video i have, just driving through a forest on the closest twisty road near me. I also noticed how shit my camera records.

I'm tired of replacing the expensive Li-Ion batteries in the current dashcam. If a capacitor holds enough charge to keep the thing powered up for 10 minutes after I park, or to wake up and start recording if a car hits my car when it is parked (and power is off) then I like the capacitor version.

The worst thing is how bad most video making software fucks the quality up when converting unless you know a bit about bitrate and other fancy settings. Still trying to get the hang of webmconverter making my HD cam not look like ass even with a tiny ass file.

Sauce of those tunes in the beginning? I'm diggin' it man.

Got the Vantrue R2 when it went on sale $150 to $100. What a piece of shit.
Shuts off randomly. Charger got fried. Mount got loose.
Worst investment ever. I'm looking for a new dash cam

macro-blocking artifacts, you need to change the recording format if possible or increase your bitrate, you might be better off dropping the res to 720p while maintaining the same bit rate.

Dash cams are for snitches

I got one of these, records in 1440P 2K Ultra HD, was $349 aud

>the one on the left

dear god no, fuck that one off. it is terrible.

post that shit boy