Work Vehicles

To those of you who drive a work vehicle or work related, what do you drive?

I drive this propane powered beast 5 days a week.

I drive a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. I work for a non-emergency medical transport service.

This

and this

Bike patrol/bike trail maintenance/signage/first aid and all the stuff that comes with working in a large bike arena

The UPS guys that drop stuff off at our office are good dudes. I like them a lot more than the FedEx guys and the mailman

I find people are generally pretty nice and i like the people at the regular commercial stops I do.

Do you enjoy tailgating people 2 inches behind them?

The engine blew up, it wasn't maintained

Waiting on a 2017 GMC 3500 SLE Duramax. Tow, plow package, dual alternators.

Hey! Another UPS bro! I still work the twilight shift though. Becoming just a cover driver takes so long at my SoCal hub that I'm thinking of moving.

For a public park or state Forest right?

I am infinitely jealous that you get paid to ride an ATV

Base model 2017 Ford F250 gas

>courier
how often do you consider killing yourself?

>full benefits
>$30 an hour
>pension waiting for op when he retires

I highly doubt he wants to kill himself

I drive this too. I love it desu. Comfy, high seating position, and good power for a van.

i work in a warehouse so i deal with couriers every day, they are all obviously suicidal
almost as much as i am because i work in a fucking warehouse

I work at a ups store. Does your center still have any of the 5 speed shitbox trucks? Didnt those have chevy vortecs? And who does your maintenance?

Was driving this for work until the transmission tailshaft bearing disintegrated in ohio and now I drive my 2010 pontiac vibe.

Still waiting on my engine to be built and dropped in so I can go back to being luxocomfed.

Opinions on the Transit?

I don't fly a desk.

Pretty much pic related.
Nice as faurk compared to Duke and fpl trucks. Also the rear tires have a inflate function it's pretty dope.

2015 BWM 518d

I'm a livery driver, I mostly pick up people from airports to hotels and viceversa. Pay is good for that I do, driving a comfy big car back and forth on the highway. People don't bother you 95% of the times, customers are mostly old men. Drove a 2013 Ford Fusion before I got promoted to the "premier" service division.

>"I want to drive the war rig."

How many UPS drivers do you see though? In the US we have $35/hr. top rate. Tons of vacation. 100% coverage health plans that extends to family all for free. All while being protected by the most powerful union in the country.
The guys who drive tractor trailers are suicidal though, but they make well over six figures.

These 3, tractor more than the others.

My Aircraft refueler truck, pair (one for 100LL Avgas & one for Jet-A) of '04 Chevy Kodiaks each with an 8.1 Vortec Gas engine.

I'm a landscaper at a hotel.

I drive one of these.

I drove a diesel 5 cylinder Mercedes Sprinter I believe it was a 2014 model all through 2016 it was okay. Dear FBI tomorrow I will be at Lloyd Center I will beat my meat in the potted plants.

fuck, i want one so bad. How much did you end up paying for it?

How did you get your position? Did you have to do shit-tier UPS jobs before being a driver and getting that kind of compensation?

I'm not a driver yet, but the short answer is yes. Before you become a driver you gotta work the shit jobs.
The best way to get in is to apply for driver helper position during peak season. A few weeks before Thanksgiving they start posting help wanted ads. Get chummy with a few of the drivers and ask them about recommending you for a part time hire.
Then work in the hub for a few years (how long depends on where you are located) and you can start cover driving. Do well in that, and you can get a full time route. By the time you make it to cover driver, you will have gotten several decent raises, and saved plenty of dough thanks to the benefits. All union employees get the same health benefits with vacation increasing over time.

FBI here. See you in NE.

My company has two of the last generation of Transits. Boring and slow, but easy to drive and comfy enough for longer trips. Engines are bulletproof.

In a single day I can drive-

GMC 3500 dually van
GMC HD pickup
FORD F350
STEWART and STEVENSON LMTV
ROSENBAUER engine
PIERCE 110 foot aerial ladder
GMC s10 turd mobile
KAWASAKI atvs.

I drive a little 27 ton. It's fun. So few options it doesn't even have a cigarette lighter power outlet. The ride is rough because of the short wheelbase. So bad that the other drivers (that are all older than me) would rather let me have it while they use 50 ton trucks with 53 foot beds. Fine with me.

This bad boy

Good in the snow, not as fun as a CV. Wish they made AWD coupes for us given that a lot of departments don't do transports. But I realize that's not realistic or necessary for a northeast US city.

MAN, DAF, Mercedes, Renault tractor units.
Sprinter vans and other smaller merc vans.
Refrigerated rigids, curtain siders, box 7.5 - 24 tonne.
Shit like that.

It usually takes around 10-20 years of working as a package handler before you can land a driving job. IF you land a driving job, UPS starts you off with $15an hour and will slowly increase that pay for 3 years then youll get full pay scale. Keep in mind you will be the bottom tier guy and will have to take all the shitty, in the hood routes.

I'm a valet, so I driver everyone's car.

See
It's god-tier btw, we had it for two years now. Besides the MAF sensor, no other issue. It's 4-cylinder only (EU), but the strongest engine (meaning biggest turbo). It's awesome.

That's not a BMW but a Ford m8.

>It's god-tier btw
Oh and it's the 2.2L EU version. I would not buy the 2L new one. Packed up our van with 1.5T weight, and there was a serious wind in Italy. Well, needless to say, it struggled pretty much uphill.

We had a 2.4L Transit before, shit was cash. Strong as fuck.

I would also recommend checking out the Hyundai H250, it has a 2.5L stronk engine.
Then again I am talking about EU, if you are in the US, just get the Transit.

2014 Kenworth T880W. 550hp Cummins, 18 speed 4 axle. I went to this from a 2001 International 9100i 3 axle with a 10 speed and 370hp lol.

is it automatic?

PA-44 Piper seminole. Has 2 lycoming 360ci 4cyl motors that make 180hp @2700 rpms

no. 3 pedals

hmm... do you also post on /g/ ?

No, I don't.

I drive a F-250 and do HVAC, it's like the middle one without the rooftop lights. 180k miles and the Ford runs a little rough.

With a different company, had a Sierra 2500 with 341k miles and ran fantastic.

I drive an electric forklift.

I have driven a RHD vehicle about 3x the distance I have driven a LHD vehicle

What's with the flag? Are you also the Follow Me guy?

VW Crafter CR35

I work for Alliance Healthcare delivering to pharmacies. I drive between 200-300 miles a day.

I don't mind this van desu. Has a 70mph speed limit on it, but it's comfy and has an AUX input so I'm happy.

I don't drive a work vehicle at the moment, but I used to drive this. A lot of back and forth between plants. We also had a small fleet of F250s, but I had the medical supplies for when the line workers hurt themselves.

A neighboring department had an LS1 Camaro at one time, but it was mostly for show. They got rid of it about 10 years ago because nobody wanted to spend 12 hours a day with all of their gear couped up in it.

Brush fire unit for a fire department?

All going to plan, one of these soon.

This thread is about what you drive at work not what you take to get to work

The company I'm applying with gives free transports for it's employee's so I'll ride and drive them...

Pic related. Its probably the second nicest veh ive ever been assigned. The 14 charger i had was a little more comfortable.

Landini multifarm 75, 2001

Honda trx 350

Honda xr 125

Drove Mercedes sprinter and that thing was fun as fuck. Had a turbo and everything. Sequential gear selection too. Was a comfy ride.

user, all vans have turbos ...
But never buy one. The old ones rot like hell, and the new ones have engine/DPF troubles.

>tfw I can drive this absolute turd of a vehicle better than my own car

Freightliner M2
>2 axle box truck for pick ups
>3 axle tanker for deliveries

how much does that pay?

woohoo

>Mercedes sprinter
My nigga. Took one of those through the twisties last year

its not about the money, its about the benefits and PTO.

this threads tickles the 5 year old in me that wanted to drive big vehicles. No one here works with these?

i drive pic related.

i learned not to feel bad for people with disabilitys because they are pieces of shit just like any other person. legally blind people piss me off because they always expect to be picked up at the front door their location. sometimes its impossible to do so. like picking them up from a heavy traffic area where i can not park at all.

this job sucks either way. 15.50$ a hour is not enough. a lot of people at my carrier quit and went to go work for UBER instead. they always have a lack of drivers and most customers think this a a car service which is not

but it does pay good but its a hard job when your new. I took a janitor job and drive pick ups all day for usps

Not with CSX but yeah, it kinda sucks.

>no cigarette lighter.
Damn. Now that you say it, I have never seen a vehicle without it.

I had to use a similar service in my town after an injury. It was always really bitchy old people riding. Now I understand why these guys drove so recklessly, they were so tired of the riders they wanted to kill them both.

the only reason i do this is because of the money. like most of us we do things because we have to not because we want to. i work the night shift no its not too bad. the only headache is dealing with afternoon rush hour. i do overtime sometimes which is sunday. yesterday i had some dickhead brake check me because i "cut him off". the truth is when people see my trying to merge they speed up so they dont get stuck behind me because nobody wants to drive behind the bus. taxi drivers are POS too.

My dad also does this. He drives a late model Ford Escape. How do you like the job?

Used to drive this Dodge 4500...

Never left me stranded for 3 years that I drove it... 5 days a week.

Even when the tranny died, I still drove it to the tranny shop, just couldn't go over 50km/h

>america
>50 km/h

What state has 519 Area code again?