Litre to HP ratio

Any engine that gets less than 100 HP per litre is a piece of fucking shit scrap metal only worth its weight in iron.

Why don't people from a certain country get this?

>Why don't people from a certain country get this?
Because hp/l only matters in countries with draconian displacement laws

Lol I get that reference

>8l engine, 300hp kek. Lawnmower tier

What's more annoying is that people who obsess over old muscle crap love to cite their horsepower gross ...
>yeah, this baby made 390 horses fiddy years ago and it still does now
... when by modern methods it's barely 250 hp.

>country taxed drivers based on their vehicle emissions
>large displacement engines got rekt
>manufacturers opt for smaller engines and turbocharging
>YOU SEE, MORE POWA, LESS EMISSIONS
>country changes laws and taxes power output instead

Dohohooo, you dont need that. Your more powerful car was a lot more expensive at the dealer than a base model? Seems like you have money to spend, here are some higher taxes, goyim.

t. european caliphate

Or you know, you could tax on the value of the vehicle.

Because you can't get a fuckton of low end torque out of a small block.

Wouldnt HP/kg matter more, because power to weight is more important than power to volume? Aero can counteract a large volume but it's much harder to trim weight

Except that we don't tax power. The displacement tax dates back a century when large engines were in fact an utter luxury, and they merely split it up into shares of displacement and emissions in the meantime.

>dumb and fat american has no clue about anything

>modern methods
you're retarded if you think that horsepower "methods" have changed, or that factory HP claims on old cars were higher rather than lower

stick to benchracing

###ERROR, SENSE NOT DETECTED###

What the fuck are you on about? Cars are taxed by emissions only. Road tax by weight (most countries) or accident statistics (Germany). But not by power.
If that was even what you meant

And who decides the value of a vehicle? Is it going to be written down in some retarded outdated government catalogue? Will trim and condition factor in? Do you really have to make things more complicated than they already are?

>reality check: the taxation that makes the most sense is by GVWR and emissions
>not because of climate change but because smoggy urban air will actually shorten lives

They actually were higher, but not by that much.
Free reply limit 1 per shitposter

>Who determines the value of the vehicle
You and the seller, in America we call this purchase price, and follow standard methods of depreciation.

For instance if you buy a car worth 5k, you're taxed on that amount.

>I don't know what I am talking about

A smaller engine is lighter too bro..

But it do. But that is a separate tax altogether. Austria for example has you pay your regular 20% tax when buying, and an additional tax (NOVA) depending on the power output.

Then, when calculating monthly tax and insurance, they have a complex matrix accounting for:

>date of first registration
>power output
>if the owner is 23y/o+
>if there are more people operating the vehicle
>if the owner had an accident prior
>if the owner likes bleu cheese
>if the owner shaves his pubes on tuesday
>if the owner gets out of bed in the morning with his right or left leg first
etc.
Shit is tragic to be honest, plenty of people bend the law by registering their car in germany where the vehicle taxation is more lax.

which country?
I've only owned euro and jap cars and all of them are less than 100 hp/l

>accident statistics (Germany)
Literally what the fuck are you talking about? That's what insurance rates are for, it has nothing to do with taxes.

>implying that system isn't retarded as hell and prone to exploits

200 hp/l and better than 1:1 power to weight or its scrap

Yeah it is. I've bought my last 4 vehicles for 500 dollars.

Sucks to suck.

Jesus Christ. Did you guys vote all that in?

>insurance rates
Yes indeed, I cocked up. My bad, it's late

Daily ride one like a car, I dare you.

>services every 2000 miles
>engine rebuilds every 40000 miles

why would the engine need rebuilt so much? its not a 2 stroke.

So why are you proposing systems you know are broken?

>not by that much
Cobra jet: 75hp underrate
GTO Ram Air 400:45hp underrate
GSX 455 stage 1: 60hp underrate
Olds 455 W-30: 70hp underrate
one of the old Corvettes was similarly underrated
>1971
literally retarded

Because of its 60293:1 compression and 23034 rpm.

Because I'm taxed enough already. And I don't want extra taxes imposed upon me that I have no say in

pretty much

really says a lot about the industry when all they make is inefficient garbage

those old engines are overrated since they used gross

let's not pretend the gross to net horsepower loss is the same as the amount of underrating they did

its easily a 20-25% drop in most cases

they didnt underrate hardly any engines

>they didn't underrate hardly any engines
>listed engines on like 90% of the muscle cars during those times
>a gross to net change is at max 30hp on nearly all of these engines
sure thing

naw m8 3 bhp per ci is where its at

yeah nah

a "330hp"350 made 275hp
a "271hp" 289 made like 200
a "425hp" 426 made more like 350

those old engines are dogs

>they're dogs
delusional

how am I wrong

>inb4 if you mod them

untill you tarbo it
then all the plumbing makes its the same size and weight as a larger displacement engine
>moves less than 400 kg
>higher average rpm just to move anything
>assplodes only a few km later
this is the real issue

Yeah, but it could be different material or have more openings and cooling channels to make it more porous. A balloon has more volume than a brick but it doesn't make it lighter.

>then all the plumbing makes its the same size and weight as a larger displacement engine

lol

a turbo and plumbing might add 75-100 lbs

something like a 2.3T from a Turbocoupe is still like 100lbs lighter than a 302

"Bro my car weighs 2800 lbs and has 100 hp per litre"

"your honda civic has 160hp, and it weighs over 3/4 of a mustang with less than 1/2 the power"

>Daily reminder that the holy pinnacle of all motorsport cars, F1 cars, use 1.6 litre engines, produce over 900HP, and are unbeatable by anything else.

There is no excuse for shouty, bulky, crappy murican brute forcers that have less than 50hp per litre output. It's ridiculous. Horribly bad. I would be insulted of someone told me to like that shit. 2.5l 400hp. That's a good car.

They would get BTFO in a drag race by the average drag week car

drag racing goes on

No. And even if they did, you'd have to steer at some point. And that's what makes Murican cars useless piles of shit. The few "American" cars that CAN handle a corner aren't American at all for the most part.

> HURR DURR NOISE AND A LOT OF EVERYTHING SO IT DONE BE GOOD NOW

No. This isn't what cars are about, and if you think it is, you're stupidly indoctrinated by a backwards third world culture.

>And even if they did, you'd have to steer at some point.
>Steer
>Drag race
You don't have to do much steering in a drag race. And I highly doubt a formula one car can outdrag a street legal unlimited class car.

Just looked it up, the average F1 car couldn't do more than a high 9 second e/t.

A Dodge demon can BTFO that

daily reminder that f1 cars are slower now that they use V6s(they're catching up fast tho)

Ok, some cars with a 6.2l engine can beat a 1.6l in a short straight line. Well done

Yeah 1.6l V6 engine with TONS of other limitations. It's noticably slower sadly

What happened to
>Daily reminder that the holy pinnacle of all motorsport cars, F1 cars, use 1.6 litre engines, produce over 900HP, and are unbeatable by anything else.

Oh that still goes. But I must admit there are cars without a steering wheel that are solely designed to go very fast for 400 metres that can beat a 1.6l engine. You can have that, I'm generous today :)

>. But I must admit there are cars without a steering wheel that are solely designed to go very fast for 400 metres that can beat a 1.6l engine.
>My point still stands that this car can't be beat even though I just admitted this car just got beat
Sure thing buddy :^)

For the most part, but feel free to focus on a slight exaggeration because you lack solid counter arguments because your cars don't speak for you unlike ours.

My car speaks perfectly for myself desu

>cars without a steering wheel
...do you think drag cars don't have steering wheels?

No, because I've been to the dragstrip many times.

then what were you even saying lol

Any engine that gets less than 1500hp/l is a piece of fucking shit.

I'm more putting holes in that Europeans argument because I have nothing else to do tonight

>see this on tv
>mite b cool to see in person
>go to one in person
>don't put in earplugs for first race
>can't hear for 3 days afterwards
it's so fucking loud it's unbelievable. you actually feel it in your chest every time they run the top fuel cars.

How about just not engaging in continent vs continent garbage?

>because I have nothing else to do tonight

09 Malibu here. How do you guys cope? It's literally the most boring car ever but I know it makes the most sense as a poorfag. I've been dreaming all day about selling it and buying an f body ss camaro though...

oil changes on supersports from the last decade are 3000 miles and service intervals are a lot longer.

no
doesn't have to be turbo

nissan ka24de 2.4l i4
~360lbs with accessories
toyota 1uz-fe 4l v8
~390lbs
i might not be right with the numbers, but i do remember it's about 30lbs heavier for the 1uz, maybe 60

less displacement or overall size doesn't mean it will be lighter

>has no clue what he's talking about

That's why my old 1989 400cc Honda had an 8k mile OCI and the engines were known to exceed 200k with no rebuilds, right?

344 hp/l
>Engine rebuild after 2 hours of use

>unavailable in California
All the way back in 1971. Damn, son.

>waaahhh they tested the engine without a water pump
>meanwhile Germany has their shit hooked up to a fucking life support system to get their HP readings.

There's plenty of videos and dyno charts of stock engines from the 60's and 70's making 450+hp and being smaller than a modern 450hp dohc engine.

I know my 3.6 does.
But it's not American, and doesn't have a tarbo.

911?

>ze german boogeyman!!

you are fucking stupid, just letting you know