/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

late new thread

>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tfy4svIKQL8Qw3UEW06B3dI8NFgMvi1sA-F5oZC9A-w/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FTH builds are for ________.

never played a Dark souls game before and having a hard time deciding if I might like dark souls 3. reviews are just meme-tier jokes about how "ttly hard XXDD" the game is and not about the actual content.
is it a good rpg?

I'd consider playing through DS1 first.

DS1 good but it has it's ups and downs. The first game becomes a fair bit worse after you get the lordvessel, and areas like lost izalith feel downright unfinished, bosses and all. The PvP is fun but unintuative, and while it has depth it has pretty much no width since higher level play is just tapping with a light swing and rolling away plus having a good understanding backstabs and counterbackstabs and counter counter backstabs and so on.

DS3 is a little more ironed out but seems to have "missed the point" of the prior games to a degree. Lots of bosses basically ignore your positioning completely, so you can't space their attacks at all and instead just do nothing but time rolls for 10 minutes against their flurries of anime slashes until they throw you a bone and use their one stupid "just fuck my shit up" move.

thanks, I'll try me some DS1

Yorlin

HEY

Give me a fun build for DaS1

it's not a phase mom/10

youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4

Do you have a bf?

play demons souls or ds1 first

Just rush for the Great Club.

int build, crystal armor titanite catch pole and spells

All right, took me almost the whole day, but here it is.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tfy4svIKQL8Qw3UEW06B3dI8NFgMvi1sA-F5oZC9A-w/edit?usp=sharing

So looking at the numbers, a Sharp-infused weapon will get really shitty (but still existent) scaling from 40 Dex up to 60. On average, you'll be getting something like 1 AR per level, unless it's some shitty weapon like a dagger or whip. But once you hit 60, scaling suddenly jumps up to the neighborhood of 2-3 AR per point of Dex, with varying fall-off curves. Some weapons will start falling off once they reach 70-75 Dex, others will continue to get decent scaling up to 85. But in general, once you get past 85 Dex you're going to be getting diminished returns, down to 1 AR per level or 1 AR per 2-3 levels.

For katanas, I opted to toss in Frayed Blade as well, since it's supposedly the "penultimate" Dex weapon in the game and I had one Slabbed anyways. It actually gets pretty shitty scaling between 40 and 60, but after that it starts getting linear scaling all the way up to 99. Keep in mind, it looks impressive on that chart only because of the extra Dark damage, it becomes much less effective when you factor in split damage.

All of the above numbers were crunched with either 16 Str (base Str on Warrior class), or the base Str requirement of the weapon in question, whichever was higher.

Nth for Black Knight Sword is better than Gael's

wanderer with master key and grab yourself some chopsticks (estoc/tin banishment catalyst)

great work

>is it a good rpg?

These games are action RPGs. DaS3 is closer to your standard ARPG which may or may not be something you want. If you want something new, start with DaS1. If you care about stories in video games start with DaS1.

>all these weapons with the same moveset and weapon art but are just inferior to its clones
fuck DS3

...did you test this at rosaria?
You do know mugenmonkey actually shows accurate AR now, right?

I appreciate the graph

rate my cathedral helicopter build

memehacki does it again

>79.94%

Yes and he's quite a looker if I do say so myself.

You say that as if all the other games aren't like that too
except dark souls 2

>fire infused
for what purpose

>that everything

Yes, I tested all of this at Rosaria's. I don't care that Mugen has the information, I wanted to confirm the numbers myself.

2 fat

Why does Gael always die to Friede's second phase?

>fire-infused

But you'd unironically get more effective AR at Heavy while it can be buffed.

post messy kills

Also, why does morne's look so good on women? Really brings the butt out, like an office skirt. I guess it has it's got that "boyfriend's clothes" appeal to it as well maybe.

Which armor looks the most like a tracksuit?

I want to make a Gael the Slav Knight cosplay

You got something on your face.

Wait no, I'm literally retarded nevermind

What is the best weapon to infuse with lightning on a STR/FAI build

something with a good return of investment and doesnt get outscaled too easily

How can anyone say Ds3 bosses are good when every single one is just spamming roll during chain attacks and trading hits with 15 chugs ready to tank through everything til Ng++

Remember in Ds1 when had to actually had to time your rolls and heals? lol no I started with ds3 Abyss Watchers are the best!! :^)

Lothric Knight Greatsword or Dragonslayer Axe, if you don't plan on using weapon buffs.

So I've killed everything but the DS3 final boss (I think) and thinking about snagging the DLC because I don't want the ride to end.

What soul level should I be shooting for?
(currently sl69 since that's what I vaguely remember beating DS1 at and it seemed appropriate given how this game loves copying 1 )

DS1 also had more bosses which were irredeemably bad though

Appropriate level is around level 100

you're expected to be around SL 90 at the end of the game, give or take 10, which is fine for the DLCs. Slab your weapons.

For The Ringed City, that is.
For AoA you should be fine at somewhere around 80.

>he didn't just run for the fog door

He was a good sport I guess, though I'd honestly probably have killed him before then if I weren't using a blood infused barbed sword, which sadly doesn't really prevent greatshield turtles from just running away once they realize they aren't winning.

Can someone please drop me a lothric knight greatsword?

Pontiffs playground just past the bonfire, SL 99, PS4
password is candy

just buy one off of greirat

Anybody got a friend's greatscythe they can drop me on Xbox?

whats irredeemably bad besides bed of chaos triple stray demon?

something fucked up and he hasnt come back

how do you even sin in ds3?

>get summoned as a blue after like an hour of waiting

>host and phantom is embroiled on steps in ringed city

>they're fighting two reds, two Harald Knights, and have like 5 of the fucking lightning hollows running around underfoot

>everyone gets squashed as the reds clap at us

Why are hosts so fucking stupid? Why wouldn't he fucking fall back to the cleared areas? We could have fought on equal grounds. But no, hand them a free win. They didn't even have to attack, just keep us distracted and let the knights kill us.

when you piss off an npc

Either you haven't beaten a boss since sending him off or he died and his ashes are at either Irithyll or grand archives.

do millwood knights make anyone else think of chaos warriors from whfb

>on Xbox
I've got bad news for you son...

Literally just piss off an NPC.

dam I need to do this

Im at irithyll dungeon and havent seen him so probably archives

which Id like a better weapon for hence why im asking for someone to spare me one

someone willing to drop me a follower javelin +10 for +5 gael gs
pc at tower on wall
pass dsg

whats a good amount of stamina to have for a great hammer build?

>be host
>watch blueberries get summoned in
>gesture at them to stay and wait for the invader
>but no, they rush into an area full of mobs
>darkmoon blade Dumbarse has died
>it happens again
>blue sentinel Knobhead has died

If you sent him off to Irithyll his ashes will be in the sewer with the bone centipedes, near where you get emit force from seigward. If you sent him to Grand Archives his ashes will be about midway through grand archives on the roof with the corvians that you have to drop down to.

What did he mean by this?

amazing chest ahead

can also drop souls

So is OnlyAfro really a full on hormones taking trap or is this just the character he plays?

What did Miyazaki mean by this?

Should I just give them my shekels for a PC copy? I've been waiting for it to go back on sale but who knows when that'll be.

A little of column A, a little of column B...
He's playing it up for his viewers because they eat that gay shit up.
But he's also a big gay homo.

Never buy a souls game on PC.

Never take advice from Lucifer.

no steal set...

There's always at least one Steam sale a month. The last DaS3 discount was a few weeks back, so it might be a while. Unless you get lucky with a Bamco publisher sale that is.

I wouldn't recommend buying the same game more than once in any case, even on sale you'll still be paying close to $60 for the full package.

Never take advice from Lucifer.
BUT also never buy a Souls game on PC, because it's chock full of cheating CE users.

>chock full
Bullshit, I've encountered like 2 cheaters in 250 hours.

>because it's chock full of cheating CE users
I don't get it, do console players imagine every PC player is using CE cheats in pvp?

I literally just saw my first one in 300 hours.

He had a big head. That was it.

It's funny how cheaters constantly spout that same bullshit, but every stream tends to encounter them, the threads regularly feature videos of cheaters, and the OP even has cheat tables included in it.

Is the white birch bow good as far as bows go?
Looking for one that scales well off of str.

>summoned as blue
>find invaders
>host BC's me (i think)

>summoned again
>"unable to join session"

end my life

Are faith builds OP now and if not what's the most OP build in PvE? Just want to rush through ng++.

Sunlight SS. Gets around 370 AR on a pure faith build with minimal str/dex iirc and almost ends up in GS territory on a STR/FAI build

It fucking melts bosses in pve with LB/DMB. In pvp, bait people into rolling into you with L-arrow then smack the shit out of them with your sword.

>Looking for one that scales well off of str.
M I L L W O O D
I
L
L
W
O
O
D

going off the previous thread:
Build a dex/int twink by doing the following sequence break:

Start: Banishment Catalyst + Eagle Shield + Power Within
>sorceror with master key.
>New londo then blighttown
>heavy soul arrow, tin banishment catalyst, crimson set
>farm green titanite in blighttown while you're there
>optional: grab power within and eagle shield
>Quelaag is your first boss.

Part 2: Fire+5 Lucerne + Gravelord Sword Dance
>back to firelink
>catacombs, vamos,
>Fire+5 weapon (recommended: Lucerne)
>kill pinwheel, grab seance ring, join gravelord covenant
>back to firelink, grab talisman from chest

Part 3: Great Heavy Soul Arrow + Bellowing Dragoncrest + Dusk Crown + Magic Shield + Previous
>undead burg
>use jump skip to get to lower undead burg
>rescue griggs, buy good sorceries
>back up to regular undead burg
>havel, darkroot basin
>hydra, rescue dusk
>Oolacile ivory catalyst, dusk crown
>Sif is your Second Boss, pinwheel doesn't count
>backtrack up through to the blacksmith
>sen's funhouse
>kill gargoyles for demon titanite

From there it's just a linear curb stomp for the whole game.

Anyone on PS4 assist with an item transfer?

Pyromancy is most OP in PvE. Just use P. Mercury for Midir and dark pyromancy for the demon princes.

A friend of mine has DaS3 on PC. He installed CE just to see how many were cheating.
Something like 70-80% of the people he encountered in multiplayer has stats that didn't match their SL. Duels, invasions, co-op... the vast majority of other players he met had either grossly inflated stats or were more subtle about it, like 50-60 in every stat or some shit.
This, of course, led him to be tempted to inflate his own stats to "get back at them"...
It's a vicious fucking cycle, man.

join a real covenant, bitch boy

So I'm currently at a military school to learn Arabic. In an effort to immerse myself in the language I'd like to watch some decent streamers/uploaders who speak Arabic, preferably Iraqi. Doubtful anyone would know but if you've got a suggestion I'm all ears.

look man I'd rather be invading but there's no power on heaven or earth that will make me farm those knights

>This, of course, led him to be tempted to inflate his own stats to "get back at them"...

It's been my experience that Mustards will use any excuse to justify cheating or so they don't have to admit they are bad/casual.

>inb4 someone starts linking ISIS beheading videos

>the vast majority of other players he met had either grossly inflated stats or were more subtle about it, like 50-60 in every stat or some shit.
Wait, couldn't you use passwords to have your SL120 friend help our your new character?

>This, of course, led him to be tempted to inflate his own stats to "get back at them"...
literally the loser's logic, you get back at them by being better and slapping their shit with longsword +3

>didnt put my request for dagger and winged spear on the list when you had already said you would
user im dissapointed in you

>confirmation bias
Forget it, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. You don't play on PC, so stop pretending you know shit about it.

Looking for a punisher and quicker bow honestly

Millwood is super fun though.

>all this real evidence of cheaters doesn't count because I don't like it