Why does no one talk about this car?

Why does no one talk about this car?

>RWD
>8L V10
>insanely cheap

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/2004-Dodge-Viper-SRT10-/253045651108?hash=item3aeab236a4:g:-msAAOSwpINZZ4xI&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/2000-Dodge-Viper-GTS-/272758163648?hash=item3f81a748c0:g:Gi4AAOSwlXhZZCUU&vxp=mtr
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ndzth3gVRY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but everyone talks about it

>insanely cheap
fucking where

Because nobody who owns one lives to talk about it

You can get a high mileage one for $10k most places.

Show me a single 10k Viper please.

Because it's not insanely cheap, probably. It's still what, $25-$30k for one that's in actually good condition?

25-30k for an 8L v10 is bananas
lambo with the same specs would go for 100k

Starting to go up now. If you want a GTS it's going to be around 40

It has tires unique to the Viper. So extremely rare to find any and expensive. The doors are electronic. This owner said the wires severed from use and had to buy a new upgraded wire harness to avoid any future Dodge tier issues. Do any damage to the body and consider it totaled, the hood probably costs as must as the car. Because of it's shape there will never be any aftermarket.

Because I dont want to fucking die

Vette is already more than I need and it's cheaper.

ebay.com/itm/2004-Dodge-Viper-SRT10-/253045651108?hash=item3aeab236a4:g:-msAAOSwpINZZ4xI&vxp=mtr

ebay.com/itm/2000-Dodge-Viper-GTS-/272758163648?hash=item3f81a748c0:g:Gi4AAOSwlXhZZCUU&vxp=mtr

Rare but they're out there if you're lucky. You can get one in decent condition for ~20-30k, The same as a 200hp 86.

The roadsters have a noodle chassis and actually terrible aerodynamics. Only the hardtops are good for performance. The first generation has shit everything. You basically are only paying for the engine with a complimentary body with wheels.

>Auction
>Reserve not met
>Still days left

You are retarded.

>First one is a bidding at 10k with reserve not met
>Second one is the result of a 19 year old winning a 50k scratch-off ticket

youtube.com/watch?v=2Ndzth3gVRY

>when children dont know about reserves

This is an 18+ site m8. Git out.

Car guys get hooked up with good deals. It wasn't even roadworthy for $10k. He had to put an additional $10k worth of work all by himself. Would've been more if he wasn't a mechanic/body guy.

Literal god machines

It's my dream to own one.

It does look great and has a manly interior, but it's unreliable, expensive to own, unrefined, it actively wants to kill you, and with "only" 400bhp you can get something newer and more affordable.

The 10k Viper is going to be the summer maymay of 2017. I see the writing on the wall already.

They start at about $25k for a decent one which is barely more than most new shitboxes. If you have good credit you'd have no trouble getting a loan below 3% on one.

>responding to this thread in a serious manner proves that you are
>retarded
>underage
>both

Look at the finished auctions then. Shitty ones go for $20k.

The mechanicals on that car weren't that expensive to fix. I don't know why the guy tried to unfuck the body when he'll put it into a wall eventually. It was easily roadworthy when he bought it.

Every underage faggot on this board talks about this thing as if it gives them Veeky Forums cred.

Unless you know of some magical credit union that doesn't consider age of vehicle, you would be very hard pressed to find one that will finance a 20 year old vehicle at 3 percent. That is a lot of risk.

More like 5-7% as a personal loan even with excellent credit.

They aren't going to lean a loan against a 20 year old supercar.

>supercar.

These are hardly that affordable. Neat cars hands down.

For $13k you can buy a 350hp C5 corvette with 50/50 weight distribution and over 25mpg on the highway, basically the same performance.

$20k can get you a Porsche 996, a 400hp Z06 or maybe even a really used C6.

>3%

>50/50 weight distribution

is that supposed to be a selling point?

Lightstream. They'll tell you to fuck off unless you have a very high credit score (mid to high 700s minimum) but they don't give a fuck what car you buy with it.

Lol I did it. 2.5% on an early 90s exotic.

I would never buy one and I agree that the Vette is better. I don't know why it's such a meme car on Veeky Forums.

It's the only alternative to the Corvette, it's absolutely bonkers, yet when it's in GT Class racing it dominates

>massive V10 cast by Lamborghini in a chassis with no roof
>durr doesn't count because I said so

I might be retarded but at least I'm a 25 year old retard.

>Lightstream
it isn't an auto loan though. Lightstream considers it an "asset loan" which means they have a lien on your asset, not the vehicle.

Lightstream is a weird company, the only auto loan company in non-title holding states that will allow you to keep the title, because it's not a car loan.
>t. Works in auto refi

It depends on what sort of loan you get with them, in my case, they have a lien on the vehicle, they have the title.

I have worked with Lightstream a few times. For the loan on something like a viper, that's what it usually is.

They're unlike any lenders I have experienced of the ones I deal with daily.

I'm 25 you stupid nigger and I asked about it because I see dumb fucks on here dropping 30k+ on piece of shit Miata RFs or subarus or type Rs when they could be buying 600bhp v10 God machines for the same price if not less. These start right around $25k for an absolute beautiful condition (2001 with 30k miles, 1994 with 22k miles, etc)

3rd gen Vipers were actually built from the ground up to be roadsters, so the coupes are heavier and not that much stiffer.

>Why are people buying new cars when they could be buying 25 year old supercars that weren't reliable when they were new?

>it actively wants to kill you
that's a plus, though.

>compare it to any actual supercar of its era
>realize its a shitbox with a truck engine
>shitpost on fourchannel

Have you ever sat in 25 year old supercars? They were all shitboxes held together by glue and prayers. The NSX and F1 were really the exceptions

I know a lot of the loans they offer are unsecured and that might be what you're referring too. From my research prior to using them, whether they offer you a secured or unsecured loan depends on the length of your credit history. At the time my history was only a few years old so I have a secured loan.

by replying to the normie, you have given it strength, and effectively enable its shitposting

you are the problem too

Come on man, no one except Veeky Forums considers Viper a supercar.

>hey this car is ok
>nah its shit, compare it to other cars
>HAVE YOU EVEN SAT IN ONE
sort your fucking life out faggot

Normies buy new cars, Veeky Forumstists with no money wonder why people don't buy $20k Vipers

you literally just agreed with that user

are you actually brain damaged?

but you didnt refute the fact that you exhibit normie tendencies and opinions

>"durr this car is shit compared to other 90s supercars"
>actually they were all shit
I don't know maybe I am the retard

>le normie boogeyman
Fuck off to /r9k/

>I don't know maybe I am the retard

thats a step in the right direction

I don't think the NSX was a super car either. it mainly went against low-mid tier ferraris.

first and second gen vipers aren't that fast, like a modern hot hatch is faster around a track

Was just checking out a 288 GTO. Holy shit, what a fucking car.
But possibly held together by glue and prayers.

The mid engine V8 Ferraris? Like the 90s versions of the 458>

please include me in the screencap and mention my reddit username /u/bigolecack

>low-mid tier ferraris
like the mondial?

eh, id say more 360 modena of its time. 458 was comparable to a ZR1.

The 360 is only 2 generations behind the 458

>458 was comparable to a ZR1.

>I WAS RETARDING TO BE PRETENDED!

But you can't just buy a "shitty one" for 20k. You're gonna need to do another 30k restoring the fucking thing, because half that shit they don't make cheap and Chinese. And even then you have like a 2000 Viper that only barely runs. For 50k.

How was that retarded? an NSX was not comparable to a C4 ZR1.

Literally just bought a brand new Viper for like 300 bucks. Such a smooth ride.

2/10

Are you talking about the same thing (performance)?

and it's still bad ass.
I'm not biased.

we*

Being fast isn't measured by track time. What matters is 0-60 and quarter mile time. To be fast around a track you need a good driver. To be fast down a strip, all you need is someone who knows when to shift if needed.

>being fast isn't measured by track time
>cars shouldn't need to perform because in your day to day life you never turn
>the grocery store is at the end of a quarter mile drag strip and you just have to shift gears

just stop

your wrong

Don't think so. a lot of people on Veeky Forums didn't and don't consider the NSX a super car but i guess that depends on your definition.

you may be confused

Definitely not. the debate of whether the NSX is a super car or not has definitely been had here plenty of times.

>debate by bus riders on Veeky Forums

Meanwhile people who drive super cars for a living are content with calling the NSX one

because v8 is better than v10

I've always wanted one just like this from the last episode of Grounded for Life how can I afford one someday Veeky Forums?

There are people IRL content with calling the Viper one too. in fact, it was dubbed "America's first super car".

>LFA
>Carrera GT
>Huracan
>Viper
>R8 V10
>E60 M5

Suck my cock.

It's not that great looking, imo. The C5 Corvette is cheaper and prettier.

Ehhh, C5s just look like a cheap knockoff of an FD RX7. With an aftermarket front bumper they can look pretty damn good, but stock they are very meh.

>people who drive super cars for a living are content with calling the NSX one
nah

I'd be inclined to agree with them, after all Lamborghini did help them out

>Lamborghini did help them out
Yeah, Ferrari helped Fiat out, too (Or was it the other way around?), but their cars still suck.

>I am retarded

The thread

I refuse to acknowledge Grounded for Life

Don't know any Fiat with a Ferrari engine

>t. europoor who can't drive 8 liters of V10 freedom for $20k.

I saw a high mileage 2004 one the other day for....65k.

I dunno about the originals, but I can't see how the new Viper wasn't a legit supercar.

>6 figure price tag
>hand built by SRT
>ordered to your exact specification in any configuration
>bespoke engine used in nothing else (it's not a truck engine anymore you meme loving fucks)
>206mph with basic aero, will out-track a McLaren P1 with the extreme aero package
>bespoke tires made exclusively for the car

I mean it shares window buttons with a Chrysler Pacifica I guess.

oh look, a list of cars that are less reliable and slower and more expensive than the corvette.
try to think before you post next time doofus.

something something people like shitposting

>it's not a truck engine anymore
I don't think it ever was. it was based on the LA engine but was a new cast block.
stop shitposting prezo

Yeah. A lot of owners suffer from Iknowwhatigot-ism.

get fucked retard