Why does Veeky Forums hate this car so much?

Why does Veeky Forums hate this car so much?

>2door
>RWD
>Manual
>Lightweight
>Affordable.

Yes, it's a little under powered, but all you need to do is throw on a supercharger for a few grand and you're pushing 300HP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G1Tue_zyMQI
youtube.com/watch?v=NSq5Zb5ZNWY
edelbrock.com/automotive/misc/warranty/eforce.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hate the boxer. Supercharge it and kiss your warranty goodbye.

>Yes, it's a little under powered
Slower than a Camry

So the same as any other engine?
Or just enjoy it. I don't see Veeky Forums talking a out how Miatas HAVE to have F/I but the toyobaru must for some reason.

So was the S2000 yet no one bitches about that

Same p/o/o/r faggots circle jerk around twingo.

why would you want to power the thing, it's not meant to be fucking powered because it wouldn't have the handling to make it up.

Veeky Forums hates it because they are mostly a bunch of poors who have to drive the most mundane, souless piles of dogshit.

The Toyabaru is JUST out of reach for some of them, and they are so frustrated and/or asspained that they will never, in their lives, own anything that isn't already rusting. So they lash out, and try to hurt the thing they secretly love, but can never have.

I do. If you don't rev to 9k it may as well be a Civic. What a piece of shit.

I like the 86s, they're one of the best looking cars you can buy new right now IMO. Sure they aren't that fast but they're still pretty fun.

kek

Confirmed for never having driven an S2000. The car is fun as fuck. Or maybe you have no clue what you're doing behind the wheel. I'm gonna bet it's both.

They put Prius tires just to get it to oversteer.

Boxer takes up too much space. That's why you can't turbo it without re tard amounts of effort.

>Supercharge it and kiss your warranty goodbye
So, the same as literally any other new car?

>tfw really want to like it but the 370z exist

the griffon concept is pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=G1Tue_zyMQI

>poors who have to drive the most mundane, souless piles of dogshit
No thanks. I'll keep driving my Lexus and laugh at you every time I blow past your homo meme car.

I got this theory, hear me out.

Basically all cars are going to be hybrids from here on out, by 2020 you will have no choice. So the cars coming out now are the final bows of pure petrol engines and their history. Basically going out with a bang and creating the final homages to the greatest cars of the past century.

The Volvo v60 Polestar is a nod to the swedetanks of the 80s and 90s.
The Hellcat is a nod to over the top muscle cars.
Etc etc

The BRZ is a nod to rice culture. They're not a car, theyre a canvas. When the price drops a little bit the fun will begin. You will see insane engine swaps. You will see bodykits. You will see modified suspension. You will not see any stock brz's by 2025.

Dont look at it for what it is but what it can be. The boxer is just a placeholder.

I don't get why people go nuts over s2000, it was great when came out, I passed on buying one too many times.
Same with em1 and fg fa crap.
Get over it, they are slower then Camry now

you can easily make like, 400 horses with just a nitrous kit and supporting mods hell with modern electronic system you can give it the same power curve as an LS

engine swaps in this day and age are a meme

>Basically all cars are going to be hybrids from here on out, by 2020 you will have no choice. So the cars coming out now are the final bows of pure petrol engines and their history. Basically going out with a bang and creating the final homages to the greatest cars of the past century.

No. I like the Toyobaru and tried to justify it when shopping. But for the same price it's got half the power my car has, less practicality, less features, and slower.

If it didn't have the boxer I would've bought it.

>prius tires
no they didn't

Or just buy literally any other car that make more than 200hp, doesn't have torque dip, and doesn't have Prius tires.

>he paid 30k for a decade old GM sedan

lol

obvious b8

>it's not meant to be fucking powered because it wouldn't have the handling to make it up
Lmao. So if you're telling me if they gave it 250 horsepower, it would just fly off the road?

Uh, what takes too much effort about it?

Have fun with your fwd boat then, what else is RWD at this price point?

Also, Prius tires is a meme, it's a 215/45/17 Michelin Primacy HP summer tire. What's so bad about that?

They aren't 2000-mile life supreme benchracing semislicks.

>facts are bait because they hurt my feelings

lol

Apply yourselves shills.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree with the sentiment, but comparing used cars to new cars isn't a fair comparison at all, an old sportscar will almost always be significantly faster than a brand new car at the same price point. The people who buy brand new do so because they want a brand new car without some fat dudes ass sweat already impregnated in the seats, not because they want the best value.

No but the thing is meant to handle, youtube.com/watch?v=NSq5Zb5ZNWY go to the end, it beats out dodge memes
>outside the US
>probably wants the tires to be fatter
you're actually retarded.

You still didn't explain your previous statement, which is incredibly stupid.

You aren't going to be getting a powerband anywhere close to a 5+ liter V8 in a 2.0L 4-cylinder with a nitrous kit and supporting mods, and if you actually think that you're fucking retarded. Post dyno sheet and source and I'll eat my words.

Stop responding to blatant shitposting

It's not shitposting. S2K literally feels like a slammed Civic if you're not molesting the engine.

>he can't tell the difference between a FWD coupe and a RWD roadster.

Do you even have a license? Get the fuck out of here.

>Beats Dodge memes
>Only if Randy Pobst is driving

Come on man.

which one?
if it's the handling, 205>250 in terms of handling, you need to know how to compensate.
otherwise the prius tires aren't the american prius tires, and they're meant to be S K I N N Y

>muh 0-60, muh quarter mile
I highly doubt you even do drag racing the s2000 and the 86/brz weren't meant for that if a camry is faster around a track and gives great driving pleasure then I'll agree with you

it looks like shit.

dude if you fucking spin out a trillion times it's not going to make a bit of difference.
no u

And yet you still gave him those delicious (you)s

> Supercharge it and kiss your warranty goodbye.

edelbrock.com/automotive/misc/warranty/eforce.shtml

This changed my mind about getting a new BR-Z. If I get it i'll be having the supercharger installed on day 1 lol

There's a reason why they put Randy in the BRZ and Miata while the Hellcat got the random driver that wasn't even wearing a helmet or taking it seriously. So you little weabos wouldn't get your pantsu in a twist.

>i don't know what I am talking about
lol

>post dyno sheet
how about you start educating yourself on how progressive nitrous systems work instead? I cannot find an specific example that applies to the frs but every single progressive nitrous system with a correct tune can replica whatever powerband you want, pic related a v6 mustang with a progressive tune, it's not peaky because the nitrous isn't a single stage one

all you would need to do is inject the specific amount of air, fuel and nitrous all across the rev range,to match the power delivery of pretty much any n/a stock LS engine

seriously, are you fucking new or what?

Well how about they not use those gay tires and give it more power like literally everyone is fucking asking for?

keep projecting prez/o/

Full circle ladies and gentlemen.

Goddamn that looks like ass.

I love looking at my LS2 Dyno after seeing V6 and i4 dynos. It's like the Mona Lisa to modern art.

>If you don't rev to 9k it may as well be a Civic
then rev it to 9k you fucking loser

>I was talking to the cts-v cuckold all along
that explains why you are so retarded

Power is the first thing I look at in a car.

I can never justify spending all that money on a car with the power level of any random 4cyl, but needs premium fuel and takes to boost poorly.

Guess again tard

>thinks power is only useful for literal drag racing
>what is effortlessly accelerating from a stoplight
>what is hauling ass on the freeway

Answer: Things an 86 can't do.

top kek, is this really you Prez/poo/?

>Power is the first thing I look at in a car.

yea, because you're really going to be able to use all of that 400 hp on public streets!

It's about having the power on demand. I don't want a car I put too the floor and wait 5 seconds to accelerate to the speed I want. I already have a 192hp shitbox that performs about the same in a straight line, and I floor it maybe 20 times a day waiting for power.

ITT: bus riders talk about cars they've never driven

No. Just another butthurt weeb losing arguments. As I said earlier in the thread. I would have considered a Toyobaru if it didn't have a boxer.

>actually accepting having this small a powerband

>muh >=6 cylinders

>I put too the floor and wait 5 seconds to accelerate to the speed I want.

>americans don't know what a manual transmission is

An i4 would've been acceptable. Would have made turbo a viable option. Also possibly better suspension. It had to go MacPherson strut to create space because the engine is so wide.

What the fuck makes a boxer 4 hard to turbo?
*some Americans

except subaru has the same fucking engine in turbocharged form making 300 horses in the levorg and you can have double wishbones with the boxer engine?????

are you retarded?????

>Why does Veeky Forums hate this car so much?
When we heard Toyota were making a sports car in conjunction with Subaru we all assumed it would have the turbocharged engine from a wrx or sti.
It would have been retarded to use an na boxer engine because they're shit.

And then they went and fitted the na boxer engine nobody wanted. Everyone hates it because it's not the car people were excited about. It's just a disappointment.

>pic (unfortunately) unrelated

Not everyone wants to redline everywhere like a high schooler. Blasting up an onramp using half throttle is still fun.

>not everyone knows how to use a transmission

ftfy

High compression. People have blown their engines getting 300hp via boost.

It has the same problem the 370z does, that thing takes boost like garbage too because high compression.

These engines are stressed from the factory and don't have much headroom. If it was a low compression 2.5L it would have sucked less cocks.

>barely 100hp/l
>stressed

lol

So something that has nothing to do with engine layout?

>doesn't like revving the crap out of a car just to make power
>can't drive a manual
literally wat?

The purpose of the transmission is to keep you in the power band you fucking loser

What's wrong with revving? It's a small little coupe, that's what you do.

I don't like how small the power band is, you dumb cunt. That has nothing to do with being good at manual.

I'm talking about actual space available in the engine bay you retards. Even on the WRX/STI Subaru has to put the intercooler on top of the hot fucking engine. There's simply no room for enjoyable wrenching or modding. But what would a bunch of benchracers know.

Even a Miata has more useful power band. I'd take that over an 86 or S2K.

But plenty of front mount STIs exist. A boxer 4 is actually shorter than an i4.

I'm confused. It's just located at higher RPMs. What is bad about that?

>staying in the power band has nothing to do with being good at using a manual
Bus riders need to stop posting

>what are gears

show us stock car that produces peak horsepower for more than 50% of the rev range

go ahead

>intercooler on top of the engine
because the whole engine sits in front of the front axle you dumb autist, something that doesn't happen on the toyobaru

you are fucking retarded lel

You don't need to redline any modern car to merge into traffic you buffoon.

Going VROOM VROOM on the on-ramp isn't as fun as curvy roads. Can't do that in your 4000 lb V8 landbarge.

TRIGGERED

>I was only pretending to be retarded

>says dumb shit
>gets proved wrong
>"ur triggered!"

this is what happens when americans who don't know how to change gears post on Veeky Forums

>Everyone hates it
Wrong.

I quite like it. It's a sporty looking car, that's affordable to buy and drive.

There's clearly less engine space in the Toyobaru.

Because you can get a 3k civic and throw a couple grand at it and beat the shit out of it.

Toyota shill pls leave

>FWD

>You don't need to redline any modern car to merge into traffic you buffoon
Okay. We'll restrict your S2000 to say... 3,500 RPM's and see how it does lol

>Going VROOM VROOM on the on-ramp isn't as fun as curvy roads
Not in my opinion. Plus, most daily driving is straight roads, so...

>Can't do that in your 4000 lb V8 landbarge
Where were you when you learned that modern Mustangs and Camaros can turn?

>affordable.

Just get a mustang GT at that point or a used m3

>used
FRS is 10K in some cases buddy.
>mustang
>proceeds to can't turn

>Plus, most daily driving is straight roads

kek

not all of us live in a shitty flyover state

> modern Mustangs and Camaros can turn?

they can't unless you buy the +50k ones, or mod them

In 15 years I'll buy one off craigslist for $2000, if gasoline cars aren't banned by then.

most of Veeky Forums can't handle a car at the limit