Auto detailing general

Is this stuff any good...Also any discussion about detailing welcomed.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/c3phKEK
youtu.be/93MmQhNwqxk,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's alright but I prefer this one.

I dont know anything about the wash wax combos. I know alot of washes have wax in them though. I like to apply a nice wet wax spray so idk if it would be overkill.

Can someone tell me just how good teflon sealants or ceramic sealants are? I was at a recent car show and some local car autodetailer had setup a tent. They offered your typical detailing services but they also did a wax and sealant job that claimed it would stay on your car for a year. Now they wanted like $500 for the job, but it sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

This shit isn't worth the pricetag, doesn't foam up very well and dries way too quickly. Gold Class car wash is much better.

Ceramic Sealant is legit brah

O N R
N N
R N O

Yeah it's good i bought it at my local vatozone gets rid of all the dirt and makes my car look super clean

Got this in an xmas kit with ultimate quik wax and detailer. Works really nice, suds up real good. The quick wax was good when i first applied it at the beginning of the month, but i think it had burned off because water doesn't bead like it used to initially.

I use this stuff. Not super sudsy which I like, rinses off clean and leaves the car beading up well so I don't have to hand wax so often.

this is good shit, and easy to buff off as well. leaves a brilliant luster

Keep the bottle out of the sun.
I get halfway through a bottle before it just spontaneously cracks.

Prefer CG shampoo over Meguiars, but of course there's not a big difference between decent shampoos anyway.

I refuse to get on that wagon. I don't and cannot see any reason why adams polish/cg/ammo is any better than a "mid ranged" big name wash. FUCK maybe even some budget stuff can compete. I assume its much more concentrated than normal washes for the prices they ask...then again its not much more so maybe they are just asking more because "premium brand"

I see. Well i don't plan on using this as a full on wax, ever since I used the kit I got into detailing videos and the like.

I agree with you, most of their videos was "buy our product to do this task".

Cg foams up a bit better.
That's the only difference I notice

Forgot my pic like a faggot

>tfw live in Commiefornia
>tfw drought
>tfw have to use the waterless wash and wax spray combos and a shitload of microfiber towels
Works well, but takes about 45 minutes to an hour to do an entire car, and is tiring on the arms.

>tfw live in arizona
>tfw live in middle of the desert
>tfw I can and do spray down my car with copious amounts of water every week when I wash it

enjoy your radioactive beaches and stuck up bitches, cali cuck

You act like I want to live in this shithole. I'm only here for work.

The worst part about California, is that's it's so beautiful, at least from the foothills and up. If the valley and below would break off and sink into the ocean, that'd be great.

It just seems to good to be true.

We're in a fucking drought. Every time you wash your car like that you accelerate us to having laws that will force you to wash your car with nothing but hope

>doesn't foam up very well and dries way too quickly
Works fine for me. Foams up juuuuuust right and as long as I'm not in the sun then it stays wet.

After some Youtubing, it sounds like its type of stronger sealant that you don't have to apply as often as you would wax. But I think $500 is BS when a kit goes for $90 a.co/c3phKEK

youtu.be/93MmQhNwqxk, vid I watched explaining ceramic coating.

not a soap, but i love ONR.

Did you miss the part where it takes hours or days of preparation before it can be applied?
People don't work for free you know.

I know that. I'd rather DIY it and learn something out of it than pay $500. I have a Fiesta anyways so it's not like i'll be upset if I fucked up somewhere.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU CLEAN WINDOWS? NO MATTER WHAT I DO, THERE IS FUCKING STREAKS EVERYWHERE AND IT FOGS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER REEEEEEEEEEEE

Well what are your methods? Personally I use a microfiber towel and auto glass cleaner.

Rain-X wash and wax
plus
Meguiar's NXT

I mean in reality you could just buy a soap "booster" from them and add it to your cheap soap. I mean you would probably use -one cap since you already have soap in your bucket. Most car detailing shit is a novelty and literally for the most nit picky of owners. Nobody else really buys them since like 95 percent of people would just go to a car wash and have some guys just speed clean it or just not clean it at all. How much could they actually be raking in? Most people cant even treat 50k cars nice and I'm here babying a 21k crossover

>firestone tires
Fucking disgusting.

I think the other guy needs to use an interior glass cleaner see turtle wax dash and glass and he can use that spray ammonia free one on the outsiside. Leaves me crystal clear

This foams up well. Turtle ICE wash is good too, but expensive and hard to find.

Windows are a motherfucker to clean.

The best method to use, at least in my experience, is to spray half the window with your favorite glass cleaner when it is 80 degree or less outside, and the sun is setting. Use a light mist, and don't overspray. Then wipe up and down, going counterclockwise if needed for an extremely dirty window. Then grab a clean microfiber cloth(NOT the other side of the one you just used,) and wipe again until it is clear. Make sure to cover each area effectively and quickly, otherwise you will leave streaks and smudges.

This is dumb. You want to use vinegar and brown paper towels, like the kind you find in restrooms. Those are a good place to get some. Also check under the sink in there too, usually you can steal everything you need to wash your car from a gas station bathroom.

I currently use chemical goys. Its ph balanced and I got a gallon really cheap on amazon.

I thought Veeky Forums was proud of its weaponized autism.
But the people at forums like Autogeek are better detailing autists than you.

That's probably it, dudes not using a auto-specific cleaner. Ammonia cleaners leave streaks on my glass.

update. The ammonia free one is called sprayway or something. ALSO...im not sure If you can use on interior glass...I assume yes because ammonia free but it has a strong smell so stick to dash and glass. Its much more pleasant and cleans interior glass better than I have ever see interior glass eve get cleaned

a good tip i learned is when you wipe the exterior glass, go side to side. when you clean the interior go up and down. this way when you see streaks you know which side its on.

>ph balanced

you don't even know what that means you nigger

>not knowing acids and bases
Enjoy sucking your bbc

Spray on glass cleaner and wipe off with a soft, clean cloth, then go over with a clean microfiber cloth. Clean cloths are most important when it comes to cleaning windows. If they have any amount of dirt/grime/grease on them they'll leave streaks everywhere.

this.

Why would Veeky Forums be good at detailing? Who details a shitbox?

>just ordered some workhorse microfiber towels.

I don't know why, but I'm kind of excited

>my $20,000 economy car needs only THE BEST pH balanced car wash liquids
>to keep my cheap piece of shit looking FLY

No one cares if your Ford Focus shines - it's a faggotmobile.

Enjoy your asshole being repeatedly destroyed by black cock.

Good luck finding anyone who wants to buy your car with trashed paint

Has anyone tried griots garage? Kind of want to try some of their stuff.

Also who makes the GOAT rim cleaner?

Yeah same here. I ordered the meguiars crystal clear or w.e and a wash mitt. I'm pretty excited to. mfw I FORGOTTT THE GRIT GAURD AND 2ND BUCKET REEEE

this stuff smells amazing

I use eagle one foaming tire and wheel cleaner. It works very well

Anyone know a good leather cleaner/conditioner?

I think its called lexol. If you leather is really bad though get that good stuff and leave it on overnight then wipe off in am

Posted in the last thread, here's a before and after pic

Ill check it out, thanks user.

I also use this with a foam cannon, foams extremely well and it does leave a slight waxy finish. Never use anything else though so I dont have a basis for comparison in terms of the waxy finish from this combo vs the meguiars for example.

Looks great

Having a heated pressure washer really helps

Dude I'm so jelly. That's like industrial strength you must be taking care of a fleet

Good lordy that is a very fine job.

Enterprise ™ truck rental lol.
We deal with some dirty shit man. Like 26' box trucks that were rented out for 3 months and driven 30k miles in that time.

Now that it's summer time it's just bug cake world.

Here's more car (truck) detailing pics.

People trash these trucks. This one was so sticky and gross there was only really one way to clean it

Mexibro took the lead

What's wrong with Firestone? They seem alright to me

>I can and do spray down my car with copious amounts of water every week
If I did that, my neighbors would tell me to cut it out. Everyone is trying to conserve water just in case california has a water crisis meltdown. The feds then order arizona to hand over water. We already have subsiding land from the groundwater levels dropping so much.

>NO MATTER WHAT I DO, THERE IS FUCKING STREAKS EVERYWHERE

That's because you eat a pizza with your bare hands and then clean the windows without washing your hands. Wash your hands first before you clean anything. Otherwise your burger hands spread filthy oils and bacteria on everything.

Wash your hands.

>The ammonia free one is called sprayway or something. ALSO...im not sure If you can use on interior glass..
Sprayway ammonia-free window cleaner works well on interior GLASS but doesn't have antifogging properties. It does eat through greasy film though.

Sprayway says NOT to use it on tinted window films.

What is the best way to clean an engine compartment without frying all your electricky stuff or getting water in the go-fast parts

That's why I only use it on the outside

Chrisfix just recently made a video on this.

have fun with your swirls, faggot. sometimes i even leave the hose on while i wash

Well shit, I guess its actually pretty good stuff. Too bad I live in AZ where you need to wax your car every week. Fucking dust everywhere and having a black car is aids.

Waterless wash will give LITERALLY no swirls if you LITERALLY follow the instructions, you LITERAL faggot.

>you LITERAL faggot
How do you know he's gay? What evidence do you have?

He's posting on a Cantonese cartoon imageboard.

He probably meant to say "Overly LITERAL faggot" as opposed to "LITERAL faggot".

>Too bad I live in AZ where you need to wax your car every week. Fucking dust everywhere

Use a static dust brush. The brush is also easy to twirl clean if it gets overloaded with dust. No need to re-wash the car, or use detailer spray on the car. Dusting works except for when the dust clings to the sap balls.

While there are lots of suppliers, it's easy for me to type to tell you to go to walmart.com and search for static dust brush. The current one is blue coloured. Swish that lightly across the surface. To clean it, twirl the handle. Hold both palms in front of you verticle with a stick in between them. Now rub your palms back and forth and the stick in between the palms will spin (twirl). Apply that concept to any static dust brush no matter how inconveniently shaped the handle is for twirling. That's all you need to clean them. Minor oils and grime are removed ironically by the dust and dirt particles the dust picks up. The grime and oils stick to the dust and are flung off by the twirling. That indirectly cleans your static dust brush for you. When twirling, be downwind or away from the car or the dust will land on your car again.

I bought one back in the 1990's and it works great today. It only needed to be washed once in all that time. It is also good for dusting the instrument display, dashboard, and other hard surfaces of the interior.

Any tips on a complete newbie on waxing a car for the first time? I get it that you wash it first, but next is a clay bar or is that step only for really bad condition cars?

Use synthetic wax like turtlewax ice or something because it comes off easy and lasts a long time.

post link to set, i can't find it

clean cloths and towels only mother fucker

Assuming you mean the inside, use 99% isopropyl, you can get it cheap by the bucketload and it can't streak because it evaporates.

I see some detailers using non waffle weave or microfiber towels to dry off cars. Are they a meme or are they really the best way to dry off a car?

You can use a cotton towel but make it damp first wont leave scratches but could leave lint. I'm not that annoying about the lint since it will just blow off

I bought myself some cosmetics because the pressure washer will not take the baked-on grit and I dont want to use their brush or go to a mechanical brush car wash.

What I meant to ask was, can I use soap water forn claying or do I need a dedicated lube?

>use 99% isopropyl, you can get it cheap by the bucketload

Where do you get that 99% by the bucket?

Deep crystal is the worst meguiar's product. It works fine but gold class is 10x better and wash and wax is 5x better. It's watered down and it doesn't lubricate (remove dirt without scratching) nearly as well as gold class.

They have to take hours to days to wash and polish your car before applying it, dumbass. Stop speaking out your ass about shit you know nothing about.

>It works fine
>Is worst product.

You do understand its literally the same formula right? The others ones are probably more concentrated with a fancy new color or scent. Wax is in nearly EVERY car wash available today.
For a budget car wash its amazing. You can always add a little more wash if needed. Don't listen to all the hype about washes.
Also lubricity doesn't mean shit if your not actually using a mitt to clean your car. Lubricity only is useful if your one of those guys who just goes straight from dry to scrubbing.ALWAYS soak your car before washing and get rid of problems then.

Meg's Gold is hands down the best car wash soap around.

Meguiar's doesn't make a bad product. Fucking 12 year old summerfags. You don't have to make a bad product to have a worst product. Literally jump off a bridge.

Whats the best object to actually scrub the body panels of my car? Sponge? Mitt? Memecrofiber? Also whats the best method for drying? Chamois? Links would be appreciated

One of those sponges with a scrubby side for shit on your windows, and the microfiber fingers on the other side for softness and dirt trapping.

For drying honestly you need a shitload of microfiber towels that you're willing to throw out after 5-10 uses. Wash between each use with only other microfiber or synthetic fiber clothes. Don't buy the cheapest microfiber towels you can find, they're usually shitty and hold little water. The silicone scrapers help if you can guarantee there's absolutely zero dirt on it which is hard.

If possible, take paved roads to a freeway and go about 80mph for a couple minutes. Touch-free drying.

>have cracked windshield
>need to wash truck
>afraid of washer punching hole through cracked window