Why is this board so obsessed with manuals?

Why is this board so obsessed with manuals?

That cock has good taste

Fuck off lardass

Dubs confirm your chicken will die someday.

To make someone feel like their 100hp shitbox is more enjoyable than a 400HP+ Auti

For the same reason that it's obsessed with sub par vehicles: memes

I can't speak for the board, but I find it's the increased control. You directly control more of what's happening with the car. "Driving" is better suited to MTs because you're manually *driving* the wheels. All you practically do in an AT is steer and not much else. It gets boring.

Outside of those personal feelings; MT gearboxes are mechanically simpler than AT, tend to be more durable, and cheaper to maintain in the long run. For a wide range of older models, there's a noticeable increase in fuel efficiency for in MT cars (though this is admittedly dependent on the driver's habits). And don't forget, understanding the fundamentals of clutching and shifting only widens your potential pool of operable vehicles. As a driver with knowledge of MT driving, you can still drive AT, and the same concept can be applied to motorcycles, larger trucks, tractors, etc. It doesn't work the other way around.

Manuals are obsolete in cars and is only needed in motorcycles.

>this chicken has more driving experience and has driven more cars than 90% of Veeky Forums

really makes you think

Why are city people obsessed with autotragic?
oh right because they live in a fucking city and their opinion doesn't matter.

Driving Manual is the real driving experience, it connects you to your car and you FEEL it. You become the car. It's something a numale who don't understand the joy in being in control just doesn't get.

fuck you nigga we run the board now

It's just fun

Someone sounds butthurt over the fact that automanuals are superior to all.

because half this board thinks they're dagumi whipping it around the corner in their 1200 dollar manual shitbox civic

Manual is uncut pussy

Because Veeky Forums consists of:

>16-18 year old Americans and Europeans that think manual transmission will make their shit cars feel like super cars.
>Americans that think they are cool because they are different than the rest

Anyone that has driven a manual vs an automatic will know that the automatic is vastly superior.

reminder that steering feel and overall car responsiveness is more important in determining driving experience than whether or not you wiggle a stick while you drive

>I don't need to refute a position if I belittle it!
I've been driving manuals for a decade and my first qualifier for a car is that it's a manual transmission still.
I've also converted many people who were autocucks over to the manual side.

Car "enthusiasts" who like automatic are generally enthusiastic about the normie appeal of cars. Typical boomer stuff.
Car enthusiasts who like manual are generally enthusiasts about the driving appeal of cars. Typical nonwhite teenager stuff.

autofags btfo?

What's the story behind this chicken?

I'm 35. I learned to drive manual cars when I was taking my license because manual is the standard in my country.

I had that same idiotic idea about automatics not being "real" cars and everyone that drove them were idiots.

That was until I drove my first automatic and I realized how much I was missing. It made driving actually enjoyable and fun.

I will say yes because you replied to my comment and i have bias.

I can't stand autos. They never know what I want.
Especially a bad auto, like a 90's mercedes. when an auto holds gears too long, down shifts rough and unnecessarily, I'd rather take any other car.

Are DSGs are as fun as a manual? Thinking of getting a Golf GTI as my next car and thinking manual or flappy paddle.

of course not. they also weigh more

I drove an automaticfor 6 years, got a manual and I will never buy auto again.

Now pick up those goalposts and start running.

pick whichever you like best.

More and more carmakers are dropping manual, and for good reason. In a few years the only way youll be able to drive manual is with old cars, especially in America