>2017
>not seizing the opportunity to drive a L-head before it becomes illegal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jSR-QFq7yQ
google.com/amp/www.hotrod.com/articles/how-you-can-build-a-stout-537hp-street-440/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is America outlawing things again?

>muh environment
>muh chillins
>muh emmishons

>unironically clinging to obsolete technology because lul guise it's not illegal yet

Forgot to say, obsolete and objectively inferior

You sound just like a teslafag. You'll probably cheer when the "obsolete and objectively inferior" practice of driving is outlawed. >teslacucks on twitter literally defending this

>stop preserving historic artifacts, they're like so outdated you guise, I mean come oooon, it's 2017!
Flatheads haven't been installed in new production vehicles for over 50 years now, and retroactively banning historic items is just absolutely retarded.

>Muh minimalism

What a hideous interior

Exactly that the kind of buyer that treats a car as an appliance would expect. Disgusting.

>stop preserving historic artifacts
nice strawman, I was just criticizing the idea of driving them instead of a current car
>and retroactively banning historic items
pretty sure you're banned from driving them if not to a show :^)
maybe I will, once self-driving vehicles become better drivers than ourselves. And Teslas and other EVs haven't made ICE cars obsolete yet. Lithium based cars are likely to become obsolete before the combustion engine is.
>tfw no mr fusion under the hood of my car

could be worse tbqh

>I was just criticizing the idea of driving them instead of a current car
Nobody daily drives a flathead.

OP seemed to advocate doing so

also enjoy your 21 MPG

>No pleb daily drives a flathead.
FTFY
>implying that's bad
>that little blue chub
top kek

>>implying that's bad
the average modern shitbox gets better economy with more comfort and performance

>california = america

stop posting

>reddit spacing
>implying it's a california only issue

F you. I prefer F heads.

Literally only redditors fall for the reddit spacing meme, kys

>t. redditor

>posting an anime pic in an attempt to fit in with le quirky anime forum xd!
>t. redditor

would be acceptable if it wasn't for that god awful tacky plastic

>pretty sure you're banned from driving them if not to a show :^)
Only if they have vintage/Historical plates, at least where I live. Get normal plates instead and you can daily drive your T-bucket or '37 Cord or Olds Curved Dash all fucking day if you want.

Why do people get those plates? Can you get normal plates after you already have the historical ones? Does it have to pass modern emission standards?

>le try hard reddit policeman
time to go back

>being this butthurt
>projecting

Insurance purposes, usually. Cheaper to insure if you legally can only drive it X miles a year and only to/from car shows, and often a requirement for the specific types of insurance people put on irreplaceable classic cars.

Why are teslafags pro immigration while they believe the robots will take all the jobs in 5 years time?

Because they believe everything they are told

pretty much

>wanting to drive old shitty tech

lol

cant wait for ICE in general to be banned from the roads alongside with outdated manual input required cars

>banning
You can't back vehicles that already existence as road legal in America. It's called grandfathering

except you can easily ban vehicles that produce emissions from public roads

If you built a k code 1966 mustang today, you legally couldn't sell it to the public for road legal use. It doesn't conform to current legislation.

Yet you can sell register them for road use in America. See my point?

Except you still can't. They're still grandfathered

not when you ban them from the roads you dumb fucks

already been done in Paris where every car older than 1997 is illegal to be on the streets during the weekdays

nothing to do with new cars holy shit

Well America isnt as cucked.

Paris isn't America. There's a benefit to certain freedoms, and it could easily be beaten in us courts. It's the same reason I can buy a M16a3 from a private party and own it legally even though it's illegal to purchase brand new

yeah

here your car that is newer than 1992 and the gubmit doesnt like it will just be taken from you and destroyed

muh freedumbs

you are retarded

grandfather law is irrelevant in this discussion

>yurop
kek

>here your car that is newer than 1992 and the gubmit doesnt like it will just be taken from you and destroyed
We have this thing called the 4th amendment in America. It means that I'm protected from searches and seizures of my person, papers and effects unless I've gone through due process of law.

>grandfather law is irrelevant in this discussion
It's completely relevant to this discussion. It's there reason your argument doesn't stand.

nope

you are just stupid as hell

not surprising since thats been youre long standing tradition

somehow if you ban something it cant be banned because you said so

somehow search warrants dont exist either

>somehow search warrants dont exist either
Search warrants are due process of the law you dingus.

And for banning that technology, it's not banned. You could make an L head car today, which is the topic of this thread, but it would have to meet modern standards.

You are arguing that you wouldn't be legal, it would be. No one is stopping you, it just needs to meet current legislation.

And to go further towards the main argument of this thread, you can drive previously manufactured vehicles with Flathead engines. My buddy has a 39 Ford with a Flathead and he drives it daily

Im arguing that you can ban whatever you want to

if the government decided to ban the sale of ICE and only allow self driving electric cars on the road then yeah it would be illegal

goddamn

>kit kat kuck's buddy has seized the opportunity
based

Wrong board, frogposter, /b/ is to the left of here.

I daily drive a 1966 Imperial; drum brakes, points, and all. My fuel economy is between 12 and 16 MPG, but that's minimal in comparison to the fact that I love what I drive and that it serves every function I need.

that's gay, but i expect nothing less from france

I found a fucking stash of 40s coupes with flathead 6s, should i try and cop?

>t. hillary

>captcha
based pusy poster captcha

>not LS swapping that bitch

wrong site normalfag, faceberg is down the hall and to the left

Why would I downgrade from a 440 big block?

>downgrade

Your point is true, but that's a different argument than what was originally discussed

An ls is a downgrade from a big block Mopar.

Because a 60s 440 big block is a piece of shit.

>An ls is a downgrade from a big block Mopar.
but it isn't
an LS isn't simply a SBC
it will deliver better performance, better economy and weigh less

>more power
>less weight
>more efficient

Im not even a fan of the LS but its not a downgrade

you're either an idiot ricer or a gm fag

samefag

for fucks sake, if you''re going a modern engine route with a classic at least get a brand correct engine, 5.7 liter hemis are available at virtually every pick a part or junkyard, and will keep a mopar a mopar as well as be as good as if not better than an LS

or you could get a 600+hp all aluminum crate engine and not have a piece of shit in your car

You can do the same thing for a hemi. The benefit is that everything bolts up.

Either way, there's no replacement for displacement. At that price to swap, you can just put aluminum heads on the 440 with a modern cam and btfo both motors

lol an aluminium Hemi block is more than a complete LS engine

and no youre not getting 300 more hp from a 440 with just heads and a cam

plus it will still be a front heavy pig

big blocks are garbage

>The benefit is that everything bolts up.
Is there really so much backwards compatibility?
>Either way, there's no replacement for displacement. At that price to swap, you can just put aluminum heads on the 440 with a modern cam and btfo both motors
pretty sure a modern 426 HEMI will be better than the big block 440

Factory was 350 HP; I can tweak it a bit for more power and will do so when I rebuild it.

Why would I want to sacrifice originality when I have plenty of power? Plus, a competent transmission. If I were to swap in an LS motor, I'd also have to change over the trans as wrll.

His big block currently is about 9.5-10:1 compression. Some modern big flow heads, with an aggressive cam and the assorted valve train would easily get you to over 500, yet would also produce a mountain of low end torque.

You don't want to rev the motor up to get going on a 5400lb vehicle, you'd get smoked off the line by pretty much anything.

>talking about weight in a fuckhuge cruiser that weighs over 2 tons and is big enough to carry an emergency smart car in the trunk next to the spare tire

Yeah I'm fairly certain Mopar transmissions are all the same bell housing pattern. Pretty neat when consider that a modern hemi swap is easy.

Fucking sucks as a ford guy. I can name 5 different patterns off the top of my head.

>426 HEMI
>not a Viper V10
youtube.com/watch?v=0jSR-QFq7yQ

more like 270-ish hp I bet

>orginality

how many LS swapped Imperials have you seen?

making things good takes effort just because it requires more work doesnt make it a downgrade

yeah you really need to rev it huh

and yeah nah on those power numbers too

less weight would improve the car in every way

>Peak torque at 4200rpm
That's pretty high in the rev range

Also don't you have a truck of peace to be dodging? Consider doing some research before talking about American engines

google.com/amp/www.hotrod.com/articles/how-you-can-build-a-stout-537hp-street-440/amp/

>That's pretty high in the rev range
way to miss his point, that torque curve is almost flat

>wanting the world's worst sounding V10 in your car
They actually went out of their way to imitate the V8 burble with the Dodge V10 through uneven firing intervals, and all they've accomplished is making it sound catastrophically broken.

the engine you posted makes peak torque and power at a higher rpm (and less of it)

and my point is that its pretty damn flat from beginning to end

and yeah sure once you rebuild the entire thing you can make 500hp

>less than 50hp/liter

nothing wrong with the sound of a viper senpaitachi

>t. dogfucker

>yuppies actually pay 60k for this

They have a fuckload of diesels in France, they're trying to prevent the city slickers from getting lung cancer just from breathing.

this literally worsened my depression to look at

ill do a V8 burnout on your grave techfag

In my state if you have a plate matching the year your car was manufactured, you never have to renew the registration EVER AGAIN!

Only catch? You can only legally drive the vehicle to/from a car show and in parades. It's a difficult choice. You can also go for a historical plate... same restrictions but you have to renew it every 10 years. Not worth that IMO

I literally can't wait to fucking die

>yuppies
You mean millennials user, millennials

>In my state if you have a plate matching the year your car was manufactured, you never have to renew the registration EVER AGAIN!
How does that work? You need an old plate that was on any car?

Kek

But I have. Not as impressive as you would think though. Sounds good though.

>But I have.
then you're not a cuck I guess

L heads becoming illegal? Must have missed that.

I got it, but I don't think anyone else did.

Called about insuring the old jeep with hagerty, but there are too many restrictions, probably just go with regular insurance.

>millenials
>affording a $60k luxury car
>affording any new production car
thanks to generations past, millenials have worse job prospects than their parents
it's retarded gen Xers that are buying Tesla's, not millenials

oh muh hp per liter, jesus christ go back to car throttle

The oldest millenials are 37 already user

Correct.
Any plate from a car 25+ years old. They made year specific plates till 1984. After that you're good if the registration sticker matches the year the car was made.

So you have to find someone with spare plates from the year basically?

>t. underagefag

Yuppies exist today, they just don't work at Wall Street, they work as an "artist" and use daddy's money

Not at all. He just said to drive one before it's illegal. Learn2read.

Sexy got any more of the whole engine or head?

I've never even seen an F-head my engines teacher just showed us a few diagrams as part of apprentice training.