What would it take to get one of these into the US?

What would it take to get one of these into the US?
I want to drop one of these into a Thunderbird

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8
accufabracing.com/accufab-mustang
foxnews.com/auto/2017/03/28/2006-ford-gt-sets-standing-mile-speed-record-at-293-6-mph.html
sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/sloppy-builds/colorado
youtube.com/watch?v=gOqwooshRxA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

About 2500 U.S. just to buy it then finding a company willing to stuff it in a shipping carton which varies. This is all for moot if you live in an emissions area. The few times I've seen it done has been very high end builds so bring your checkbook.

You do realize we have the LS right?

He's trying to be a special snowflake and have something unique. He doesn't care that a NA LS makes as much power as a turbo Barra, costs & weighs less, and has a bigger aftermarket and more power potential.

The LS series of engines is the bacon of the automotive world.

"DUDE YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE THIS BURGER AWESOME? BACON"

"DUDE YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE THIS SALAD AWESOME? BACON"

"DUDE YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE THIS SUNDAE AWESOME? BACON"

Yes we get it. It's a cheap and good motor, but I'm sick of tasting nothing but bacon. I'd like something else for a change.

LS swaps are boring now and I blame Forza for it.

>NA LS makes as much power as a turbo Barra, costs & weighs less, and has a bigger aftermarket and more power potential.
Fucking hell I love LS motors
>ls swaps are boring
>has probably never even driven an LS car or a car with more than 120hp
>self admittedly plays video games
I bet you ride the bus too lol
>ls swaps are boring!
You've probably never even seen an LS swapped car irl, fucking lol

Actually I work at a European auto shop and have two cars and a bike. The only one less than 250hp is the bike. One of these vehicles has been motor swapped.

I dislike Forza and don't even have an Xbox but most of the retards crowing about LS swapping everything have also done it in Forza.

You are the single most useless trip on this board, please continue to experience exactly one of the flavors the automotive world has to offer.

>I dislike Forza and don't even have an Xbox but most of the retards crowing about LS swapping everything have also done it in Forza.
I wouldn't know, I don't play games.
I've done it IRL though.
>exactly one of the flavors
You mean like my other 6 cars which all have different motors?

>More power potential
Hardly these days there are a lot of Barras pushing 1200 Bhp these days and even a few pushing 2000 and when destroked are actually amazingly fast revving. The LS is an amazingly versatile engine but I'm sick of you fan boys saying it's the be all and end all, see both sides of the coin you faggot.

Also OP if you do get one get a better power steering pump cause that'll bite the dust as quick as you bought it.

Stock LQ4s (junk yard motor) are pushing 1200hp tho lol

youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8

I read this like 5 times just to make myself feel proud to be an American even more with each read.

God bless the LS motor. What an amazing engine.

What in the fuck is the video game meme coming from?

The LS motor is a fucking meme in of itself because it's a god damn amazing engine. That's it. It's popular because of that and that only, not because of some game wtf?

>small asf
>lightweight asf for what it is
>big fucking displacement
>big fucking torque
>powerband linear asf
>DID I MENTION SMALL AND LIGHTWEIGHT

And how the hell does a game make engine swaps popular?

just get a Cleveland ffs.

OP here
I'd rather keep it a ford motor
I don't want a coyote motor because that would be too easy and I'm not sure about its reliability along with the v6 ecoboost

The ford barra would be something special and when built right, its completely bullet proof. I'm not looking to make 1000hp, the max I would want is maybe 600, I want this car to be easily drivable on the street.

Nobody cares lol

turn that assessment on yourself, friendo

Push rods push gods. Long live the push rod.

>muh LShit

lmao, friendly reminder it's inferior to the modular

accufabracing.com/accufab-mustang

foxnews.com/auto/2017/03/28/2006-ford-gt-sets-standing-mile-speed-record-at-293-6-mph.html

>vocal GM fangirls nowhere to be found after this post

testing trip codes

There's a guy with a 4.8 LS block destroked but otherwise stock bottom end running like 1500hp at ten grand in a fox body.

Fuck off, queer. Sonnys racing motors push 2500hp and could probably hit that speed if someone wanted to.

That's a lot of projection there tripfag.
Try taking the dog knot of your asshole next time.

How is it projection?
I'm not a bus rider lol

>this performance garage completely independent from GM could probably beat it if they tried in the first place
thats a great defense for GM

>sonny
not a GM LS engine, dumbass

>vocal GM fangirls STILL nowhere to be found

You should be riding the bus with the kind of driving you do.

>LS swap
>Ford
It would be cheaper to do the falcon swap, but you're just going to parrot shit you hear on Veeky Forums.

shame he didn't kill himself

Not him, but a TT methanol 5.4 has just about as much to do with ford as sonnys does with GM.

it wouldve done this board a lot of good desu

DESU if anyone needs to off themselves it's Alphonse.

>a ford block and heads stop being ford because some parts are modified
its a Ford engine, sonny are not GM LS engines

All tripfags need to off themselves

The turbo Barra blows a stock ls out of the water
An na ls cannot compete with a Barra at all
And the turbo Barra has far greater potential as a starting point
You are fucking clueless

>barra310t
>420hp stock, piss easy 600hp with bolt ons

Ls1 makes 300hp, ls3 makes the same power but is na and needs 10k in work to go anywhere whereas the Barra is good to go with more power from the factory

Just go find a 2.7l ecoboost out of an f150 and enjoy 325hp stock with plenty of potential, and more than likely improved weight balance.

Why would you bother? You could grab a Vortec 4200 from a Chevy trailblazer, toss a turbo on it and achieve the same result. Pic related. 4.2L Vortec I6 with a turbo in the engine bay of a 1969 Camaro.

>LS1 is the only LS engine

A fucking LS3 made 430hp in stock factory trim. There is a performance LS3 that makes 525hp that GM sells.

LS1 is not even a good LS motor, I'd rather have an LQ4 or LM7, those are both iron block truck engines that you can get for like 300 bucks.
wtf are you talking about 10k in work lol LQ4 with a headers cam and tune is already well into 400hp for like 1000 bucks total including the price of the engine, stay retarded and uninformed
lol stay mad losers, I'll enjoy my LS swapped car
I'm one of the few people on the board that actually does anything, stay btfo

dogfucker

THIS
Why you you want this Aussie piece of scrap when you can have the far superior Atlas engine?

>has no counterargument
>I know, I'll just call him a dogfucker
lmfao look at this fuckin retard having a meltdown loooool

>paperweight with no relevant motorsport record
>far superior

as usual, GM fangirls are delusional

Here is the deal.

You take one (1) turbo barra motor. You add new injectors, dual fuel pumps and an e85 tune.

Boom you have 700hp.

It has litterally been documented on youtube how fucking easy it is to make power out of these motors

lol the dogfucker got triggered

>projecting
lmfao look at this dude

That's well and fucking good, but it isn't any more difficult on an LS. There are literally videos on YouTube about how easy it is.

dogfucker lol

MCM drones pls go

Source on the girl?

Lmao was just about to post this

Fuck off mrcrummy you loser

Which ls comes from factory with a turbo and internals strong enough to handle it?

>its a dogfucker gets triggered episode

>Australian Ford cucks assmad about their inferior technology shitposted enough to officially get OP to fall for their forced meme

Ford has cooperated with GM on numerous occasions in the past. There is no reason that any car should not be equipped with an LS engine. No excuses

Why can't gm beat a Ford turbo 6 at le mans then?
If pushrod shit is so superior then there should be literally no excuse

see go ahead, post an LS engine running the quarter in five or doing the fastest mile at over 290mph

Have you guys tried not shitposting and weighing the pros and cons of importing an engine vs grabbing a junkyard engine?

Stock LQ4 is good to around 1200hp stock everything except a cam and valve springs
Stock head gaskets, stock head bolts, stock pistons, stock crank, stock heads, stock intake

there are no pros and cons, all is subjective, if you like an engine, do whatever you need to get it

benchracing is an ironic meme but GM autists actually take it serious

>being a fanboy of a fucking engine

jesus christ

Have you ever tried not letting your inferiority complex taking charge of every decision in your life, forcing you to only have "objectively the best" so you don't feel like such a complete fucking piece of shit loser, so instead you can actually enjoy things instead of being hate filled and never able to enjoy things?

Op wants vegemite instead of pb&j
Fuck off

We have gone through this before
You are wrong and have zero evidence to back your bullshit up

Sounds sexy, would swap into Merkur XRTi

as a fellow turbo turd owner just mod the stock motor. i seen them hit 9s in the quarter with the 2.3

wtf are you talking about
sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/sloppy-builds/colorado

youtube.com/watch?v=gOqwooshRxA
>re used head gaskets, re used head bolts, 4 rods from another motor, rings from some unknown motor

800hp
Try again

I'm more just talking about the shortest path to a running, driving car, if OP's not dead set on the Barra. But I admittedly skimmed to the bottom, so if OP is set on it, yes he should go for it.

He didn't update the page, he's past 1000 now

>I am too poor for a built engine that is actually reliable so I deserve a medal

I don't understand, what exactly is the dogfucker bragging about?

All true. The LS needs around 100hp more than the Barra just to keep up, because the Barra has monster torque at low revs.

t. Former Barra owner, 600nm, 321rwkw.

>i-it's only 800
>no it's not look at this video
>y-yeah ok fine fuck you dogfucker!
lol
M E L T D O W N

It is fair to say that those who spend time on Veeky Forums are at the lower end of the IQ spectrum, and you, sadly, have shown yourself to be at the lower end of the Veeky Forums spectrum.

>ARGH! ARGH! I Have to prove myself on an automotive board

a ford modular can make over 3000hp on a stock block and run the quarter in 5's, from a benchracing standpoint, it is a better investment, LS is literally subpar

all you did was post a colorado that has to be rebuilt over and over again, what exactly is the point?

The point is the LS is the go-to platform for cheap and easy power

>can't make 3000hp
>can't run the quarter in 5 seconds

>cheap and easy power

lol, how delusional, LS babies literally can only play in the minor leagues

Mihovetz ran a 6.1 with a teksid cobra block, 5.4 heads and stock cobra crank, all of these can be found on ebay for not a lot of money, with some mods you can make 3000 hp and run the quarter in 5's, something literally not possible with an LS

Uh no
That would be JZ engines

>>can't make 3000hp
>>can't run the quarter in 5 seconds
>>cheap and easy power
Those first two criteria have nothing to do with the third though?
If you have a source for 300 dollar 2JZ lemme know I'll grab a few.

Just like mcdonalds is go to for cheap and easy food
gtfo you uncultured swine

>$300 and a weekend meme

I did it though, literally bought a 300 dollar engine off craigslist and dumped it into my car.
It's not hard when you have a grinder and a welder and actually know how to work on a car.
I don't think you have the qualifications though lol

>he thinks a 1000hp engine is powerful

the absolute state of GM fangirls lol

can an aluminium LS even go past 2000hp?

>I don't think you have the qualifications though lol
To fuck dogs? You're right

t. 300hp bus

>I did something
here, have this star, put it in your forehead

What year thunderbird user? Mine is a 64, pic related.

t. assmad LS fangirl mad LS engines can't run 5's

I proved you wrong lol, no star fur you!

I think it's this one . If I were OP I'd also look into the 2.3 Ecoboost, I think people have those running on standalone ECUs now.

>proved you wrong

nope, more than one person is making fun of you, besides, you failed to reply to >fur
sorry, i am not a fucking loser who fuck dogs, spell properly

oh wow the dude saying 1000hp isn't powerful is making fun of me, sheeeeeiiittttttttttttttttt
1000hp is at least four times the power of his bus

>this is the best the dogfucker could come up with when trying to internalize the fact that the LS is shit

lol, agfain, can an aluminium LS even make it past 2000?

Alphonse, you need to join the army or something, it'll make it easier for you to become a cop and give you something productive to do.
Also, my black friend is going to police academy right now, it's so weird that most people who want to be cops are black, I swear it's fucking weird.

>dogfucker avoids the conversation that damaged his butt
>it's the alphonse boogeyman now

lol, he haunts you in your sleep

>start a thread asking a question
>tripfag comes in
>thread turns to shit

Need I say more?

>alphonse becomes cop
>searches for corvettes to pull over all day every day hoping prezo is behind the wheel

my sides

d o g f u c k e r

>dogfucker ragequits

5 SECONDS

NEVER EVER