/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. general

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv (embed)

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM (embed)

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7 (embed)

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
amk-team.ru/forum/topic/13424-narodnaia-solianka-2016/#entry1079149
youtube.com/watch?v=0fKeYcq8CCI
youtube.com/watch?v=c-vhrv-1Ctg
youtu.be/p5ZpiIxHVi8
youtube.com/watch?v=yvEdaXzKSOY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ra0ozaE-oy0
youtube.com/watch?v=UKQW3SSqAxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
[Gist] Oblivion Lost Remake 2.5.md (embed)
>Joint Pak 2
[Gist] Joint Pak 2.md (embed)

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

previous

First for new soup amk-team.ru/forum/topic/13424-narodnaia-solianka-2016/#entry1079149

I keep getting CTDs in CoC/CoM. The game freezes and the only way to escape is CTRL+ALT+DEL, only to see the "X-RAY Engine 1.6 has stopped working" message. The crashlogs are completely empty.
Does anyone know what the fuck is going on?

suggestions to improve this
this is a second pretense under which to bump the thread aside from the roll chart itself but also serious question

Tried installing CoM with a Steam version of CoP. Will it not work with Steam? I've installed plenty of mods before and this one even has an installer...Misery 2.1.1. Do I need to downgrade the actual Call of Pripyat files before installing and somehow turn off updates for it in Steam?

Basically, it crashes right after loading into the world. I will get a crash dump for you guys in a minute.

CoM is a mod for CoC, CoC is standalone

Well then I mistakenly used the term "CoM".

I got Misery for Call of Pripyat. Installed it. It crashes after loading into the world. Here's the crash dump.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : error handler is invoked!
[error]Function : handler_base
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\xrDebugNew.cpp
[error]Line : 764
[error]Description : application is aborting

So does the new Lost Alpha patch make it a competent game yet or is it still shit?

Also why the fuck didn't they wrap the 1.3003 patch into 1.4? Why the fuck would they hype this for three years and not even release a cumulative patch?

For some reason it's referecing my D drive when I have nothing installed to that drive. Maybe I misdirected the installer or something...

ded

I heard they will release the cumulative patch later this year, it will contain two more maps.

Is there a way to install the LA:DC without the setup exe ?Or do we have to wait for the fixed installer?

D E Z O W A V E

Nvm,just installed the files on a new folder and then copied them to game folder

Well done... well done....

HOWEVER

You will not be able to progress too far in the story due to missing mesh files and other game breaking bugs in this disaster of a release 3 years after the initial disaster of a release.

New patch should have been uploaded yesterday, but someone figured out that Yantar doesn't even work on static lighting and they decided to delay it further.

best mods to go with Misery?

Really?Well fuck me,i wish i could forget the memories of the series and be like the newbies who got the bundle

my dick

Is legendary for SoC any fun or good? I just want good gunplay and ballistics. None of those giant moon pistols with funky recoil like vanilla.

this is why /sg/ is dead

If you're talking about com then just look at the addons page you fucking tard. Stupid questions are what killing sg and no, you can't use more then one weapon pack so fuck off.

Its based on OL 2,2, but with more stuff. OL was quite popular in its days.

Maybe he isn't talking about CoM you stupid fuck.

Ya, cause there are so many addons for cop misery...fuck this general.

He was asking if there WERE any MODS that are compatible with Misery. A simple "No" would have sufficed. I'm not even him but don't blame people like him for a dead general. It's elitist asshats like you who think everyone should be born with knowledge of how these mods and shit work that are driving people away from these threads.

To answer THAT user's question, Pretty sure Misery already comes with Atmosfear and Absolute Nature, it has it's own weapon modifications and such so no there isn't really much that is compatible with it aside from the mods that it already has installed (Absolute Nature and Atmosfear, both which change the atmosphere and graphics of the game).

I may actually be mistaken about AN and AF being included. I'm not sure of their compatibility actually.

I made a rather bugfree compilation for CoC, good starter pack for newfags that we see in every thread asking for coc mods or oldfags that want well balanced gameplay. Compilation includes:
- autumnal winds with tweaked a bit weather
- structures redux
- weapongoulash (removed non vanilla ammo guns) with my own tweaks like decreased max fire distance, damages etc.
- npcs now shoot accurately
- better more realistic weapon distribution, no monolith fags running with only makaroni nor bandit rookies with grozas
- smurth's dynamic hud + ceano hud w/o minimap, ammo count
- living zone
- dan's desolation with halved down spawn time
- deadly anomalies
- rare, more expensive and balanced a bit artifacts
- immersive fast travel
- some tweaks of mine like: you always get stash location for completing task so it's easier to get toolkits

Anyone interested? Where sholud I upload it, the file is 2.3GB

Remove fast travel and I might be interested. I suppose I could just not use it. Does Living Zone provide any actual depth to the game? I've heard about it a couple of times, seems to add routine and schedule to NPCs so they appear more human like. My biggest gripe with Call of Chernobyl is it seems so damn lacking in content and story/quests. Is there anything that makes CoC actually feel cohesive, intertwined, and alive? Rather than this huge desolate sandbox?

He asked best mods idiot. Were and best are two different words. If English is not your primary language then consider this a learning experience.

If he asked for mods then why are you referring him to Call of Chernobyl's add ons page when he was clearly implying he wanted mods that are compatible with Misery? Get out of here with your stupid semantics argument you shit lord.

You may not use immersive fast travel that is only available by talking to traders and cost some roubles. Living zone is nice addon, stalkers actually explore, change their locations, campture new bases it's similar to warfare but you can't control it and you never know who you will find each time you change level.

Also I added working relations tab, you will see increase of goodwill after completing tasks.

the fact that you got show triggered over a such a simple question really show how much of a sperg you are. "fuck this general" is right

No, just fuck people like user quoted in your post. STALKER already has a small enough community why the fuck are we going to run people off by being angsty sperglords?

Use Google Drive or Mega.

Reinstalled CoP and Misery, ran as administrator. Ran with DX9, STILL getting crash on load into world. I give up on Misery, apparently just not compatible with my PC or something...disappointing. Seemed like a really nice conversion.

Here's a crash log. Seems to be the same as before.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : error handler is invoked!
[error]Function : handler_base
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\xrDebugNew.cpp
[error]Line : 764
[error]Description : application is aborting

stack trace:

0023:69737365 dxgi.dll

With my internet connection it will take 7h to upload it. Later I will share the link

Is there a Multiplayer community within any of the STALKER games, at all? I never got to enjoy the multiplayer aspects back in the mid 2000s.

Go to your game folder. Look for fsgame and change game_data so both are true.

Is there any way to fix slow mouse movement in menus in SoC? I have my sensitivity blasted up but looting and the pause menu is like 3x slower. Feels terrible

Done that, still crashes.

Wait, did you unpack the zip/rar archive first? As in: download it, extract to desktop, then use the installer.

Just finished playing through vanilla CoP after SoC and I'm ready to start modding. Are there any other mods I should be running in conjunction with CoC besides Arsenal Overhaul and Doctor X? Any damage mods that make damage more realistic in addition to Master level? Any good graphic mods? In vanilla the game only seems really alive when it's stormy and pitch dark.

Yes. I'm pretty computer literate, I've been installing mods since I was like 11, I'm 26. I've used the installer, I've put it in the proper folder. I'm running it with the proper version of STALKER. The only thing I can think to do now is completely uninstall the game, wipe registry, delete app_data that may have saved to documents or any remnants of the game that may remain, which I am trying now.

If this doesn't work, fuck it, Misery isn't worth the hassle. I'm pretty sure some other mods were lingering in my files or something even after an uninstall of the game. Trying after a wipe now.

I use warfighter and dans monster mod for damage. You can edit the bloodsucker file so that they are invisible again.

Play CS

Why are you skipping Clear Sky? There is an increased weapon damage mod for CoC that works pretty damn well, head shots are definite one hit kills with it, and it has different intensities you can install (from weak to strong). Graphic mods, not too sure about. I used a reshader to make my game look to my liking in CoC. I don't think Absolute Nature or Atmosfear are compatible with CoC yet. Hadn't really looked into it.

Always install with a clean version. You don't put the files in the stalker directory. Just run the installer from desktop after unzipping it.

I know that, I was saying when I ran the installer I directed it to the correct path. Come on man, I'm not retarded. I appreciate you trying to help though.

I just made it into the lab in the dark valley

How the fuck do I kill the flying fire orb?
I keep unloading magazines into it, I tried throwing four grenades into the room it's in too, nothing seems to work
And from time to time I just burst up into flames and die

Yeah it was files lingering probably in the bin each time I'd reinstall. Wiped clean, it's working now. Time for a grimdark experience in the Zone involving lots of drugs and alcohol. Immersion already seems pretty intense within the first few seconds. No light? This is gonna be crazy. I know I'm going to have to buy a headlamp at some point, I think that will be my first purchase.

use shotgun with buckshots or try to shoot it in the middle, grenades will also do if you can predict poltergiest movement

night vision, head lamp will get you in trouble.

I'll be awaiting it patiently, I was just about to start a new run. Good modding, Stalker.

I'm trying to shoot in the middle but I don't think I'm doing it right, I fried 300 rounds of AK ammo into it without having it die or react in some other way, there doesn't seem to be any feedback when I hit but maybe I'm just not hitting at all

Predicting where it will be is difficult because I'm not sure I know where it IS, but when I throw grenades in what I think is it's path they don't seem to scratch it either

Jesus fuck THIS is how the Zone should be. I like this even if I haven't made it to a single objective point or even 150 meters past the starting point yet. God damn, unforgiving isn't it.

Also, don't think I have night vision yet. Doesn't seem to be working. Playing as Recon class though, I Don't think the gasmask I have comes with NVGs.

There are items lying around in X18 that make this fight very easy. You either missed them or used them prematurely.

I think we might have been talking about two different fire orbs, I just found a second one in a room deeper into the lab, where the documents are

The first one I just ended up running past, maybe that's what I was supposed to do

>where the documents are

That's the one I had in mind.

is that misery 1 or 2?

Give me some decent songs to add to the radio, lads.

potato pc, KB2670838
general reatardation, pebkac error

>For some reason it's referecing my D drive
that is an internal reference, ignore it.

unpack with 7zip, reinstall and run as admin

youtube.com/watch?v=0fKeYcq8CCI

youtube.com/watch?v=c-vhrv-1Ctg

I never thought I'd see a band come out of Ukraine and do well on a major label.

youtu.be/p5ZpiIxHVi8

youtube.com/watch?v=yvEdaXzKSOY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ra0ozaE-oy0
youtube.com/watch?v=UKQW3SSqAxw

What's the point of hunting and cooking food in CoM if you lose a big chunk of health eating it and selling it doesn't give you shit?

Wait untill you're starving after a trip and already hurt, go nuts with the food and then get an upper from the doc, saves the non-radiated stuff for when you need it.
Personally i like hunting and collecting the food/pretending to be the local chef.

Thanks, user. Is there a way to restore health by sleeping?
And is it just me or is Desolation included in CoM? Sometimes the Zone feels too empty desu.

Misery 2.1.1 for Call of Pripyat, not Call of Misery for CoC. Zero NVGs to be found so far, gonna have to keep checking traders. Beard doesn't even have any.

Definitely seems like Misery is going to be tough to get through. The basic fire pit is somewhat expensive in the first place and then to buy canned goods for 2k each at only maybe 300 calories seems like it's going to get really really expensive. I'm also expecting the basic fire pit is a one time use thing. Really liking the changes it's brought to STALKER though, feels a lot more detrimental when you die or are in a firefight, or even just exploring. I'm super cautious now compared to before. And honestly, I know people hate this comparison, but firefights in this almost remind me of Escape from Tarkov, except less realistic in a sense. They carry the same weight though it seems. While looting bodies you really have to be on your guard or absolutely sure the area is clear because it can seriously fuck you. Same goes for eating, healing, etc as opposed to vanilla Stalker where you can eat and just keep running. No longer. Fuck, this is good.

Already figured it out, I think Atmosfear left some bits and pieces behind. Uninstalling the game didn't really do anything as far as deleting all of the files so I had to manually go in and wipe my CoP folder.

They dont call it Misery for nothing, user. As for the sleeping thing, i'd imagine you can tweak some files for that, but i wouldent know.
Although you can upgrade some suits to have a regen factor which should cover up those bites the food takes from you over time.

>band name is JINJER
>not a single red head to be found

those giraffe leggings are getting me hot as fuck though.

Yeah how am I supposed to survive without starving when the only available food to eat in the beginning is severely radiated and I don't really have a suit to protect me? Do I become a fucking chimney and just smoke my ass off to counter the hunger and radiation after I eat a hefty portion of radiated psuedo-dog?

That's what i used to do before i was rolling in late game dough. It's pretty idiotic if you think about it, giving your lungs regular cancer to counter the radioactive cancer, but the smokes are probably the most OP thing in Misery atm.
Either way, if you relax and take your time to do things carefully, you'll be fine in the end.

It makes sense though, a cigarette is always nice after a meal. I guess I'll stick to doing this for the early game.

So should I invest in the basic fire pit early on and waste large sums of rubles on charcoal just to stave off hunger? I guess I really don't have any other option right now, do I?

Another thing though: Am I EVER going to find any more Mauser rounds? Or am I eventually just going to have to resort to using shitty weapons I find on corpses?

Multi-fuel cooker is the way to go imo, it's fairly light for what it is and the only place i needed to do cooking was back at base.
Plus the basic sets that take charcoal are single use only.
Oh and from what i can tell sausages have the best money/calorie ratio.
I never used the Mauser, nor have i seen any NPC's using it thus far, the Mosin would be a much better choice.
For more general tips, knowing stash locations even if you dont have them marked on your PDA is extremely useful, and early on there's a hell of a profit to be made in selling ammunition you wont use.

Im playing SoC and im looking for strelok's stash in the underground tunnels at agroprom,
I can see a dead bandit with a galil in a long hallway with electricity around,
is there a way to get it or is it just there to fucking mock me?

It loops around, from what i can remember. You're supposed to be going a diffrent path though.
Watch out for the Bloodsucker

Yeah I am trying to sell any and everything I won't need immediately. Just bought some sausages actually because I definitely agree, more bang(ers) for your buck, pun intended. I would love to know stash locations but seeking them out online feels like cheating. I'll keep an eye out for the multi-fuel cooker. I just purchased the basic fire pit so I am a little bummed it's a one-use thing. 3k rubles each time you need to cook one meal is a bit ridiculous...

By the way I am playing on Call of Pripyat Misery not CoC. I started with the Assault class, only gun I was given is the STG44. Every rifle I have found on a body thus far is damn near broken, so this is going to be a hell of a time...I think I have like 10 bullets for my STG44 left. Picked us a AS-VAL I am going to try and make use of instead, it's in "ok" condition.

I looped around when i wrote the last post, it kills me from both sides before i can get near the corpse,
on the plus shide i got a good amount of artifacts

Is Lurk worth trying out if I'm too lazy to go find a 1.004 version of Stalker?

I'll post it hopefully in this thread after I wake up(in about 13h since i'm from eastern EU), will leave PC running all night to upload it

Im playing it right now and its pretty fun, but i dident get far into SoC vanilla so idk if i can give you much

use the drag and drop patches in the OP

I did, it crashed immediately, and there's some image amongst all the goddamn clutter saying that no fixes work for 1.005

It is a bit gay, yes, but having all the odds against you just makes it more satisfying to shove them up the mod author's ass when you're strolling around with an exo and PKM, later on.
I havent played regular Misery in like a year now, and if you were expecting to get any gun in above 40% condition without buying it or repairing it then i'm afraid you're shit out of luck.
But yeah, just keep a stiff upper lip and you'll be hanging with the best of em' in no time.

then you fucked up something.

why are you on 1.0005 anyways? most copies of SoC come as 1.0006

I'm on whatever is the latest on Steam

>it crashed immediately

post the log

I played it, didn't really like it to be honest. I prefer Vanilla STALKER with AO and some graphics updates honestly.

I never expect to pick up a weapon in good condition in any version of STALKER but so far every gun has been in the red, damn near broken. I guess I'll just have to keep doing jobs for people and keeping my eyes out for artifacts to sell. I have always just felt like things in STALKER are ridiculously over priced. It's absurd sometimes.

Also, how the fuck did I just sleep for 6 hours and LOSE stamina? I don't understand that? It dropped my stamina from 2/3s to about 1/4, nearly gone...I had just eaten beforehand too. Is this a bug of some kind?

Arsenal overhaul?

Sleeping reduces stamina, it's a pretty dumb mechanic, just make sure never to eat before bed.

So sleeping is a broken mechanic in this game and I should never do it then? lol.

Nope, you'll get sleeping deprivation if you dont.
Just gotta be strategic about it.