This car meets modern safety regulations just fine...

This car meets modern safety regulations just fine, so what is everyone elses excuse for building mobile bunkers with neck-high beltlines that you can barely see out of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LSYD4a3RzW4
youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can someone explain this?

mood of a certain time period

because engineers are shy and want to have a driving experience like a cave

Honestly, I'd take either. Would be a hard decision to make if I could only have one.

Friend has 2015MY one and I've borrowed it a bit.
It's just the SOHC 1.8 but it doesn't feel that gutless to be honest. The CVT is a little wonky but bearable. If I actually needed a normiemobile, I wouldn't completely be against it.

Because some people want cars with the proportions of traditional cars rather than SUVs. Can't fucking wait for Trump to roll back US safety standards to reasonable levels.

He's already said he won't touch safety. Willing to roll back CAFE standards though.

Not going to happen.
>No one will buy a less safe car.
>Cars still have to meet RoTW standards
>Tidal wave of unsafe Chinese imports
>Undoing regulation will take years so manufacturers will take a wait and see approach.
>Nobody wants it.

The nips really, really liked American car design.
>not posting the Toyord Mustelica

I wish Toyota had had the balls to sell a full size car in the US in the 60's

The safety organizations have tried to paint trucks and SUVs as unsafe death traps for years. Yet they're the best sellers in the industry.

youtu.be/LSYD4a3RzW4

that is CLASSY
but the tail lights look falcon

Was this the first bunkermobile?

Its like American are even more afraid of a nuclear attack than during the Cold War.

Yeah, because the government in return gives them favorable treatment on safety requirements and fuel economy to keep them cheap to manufacture and therefore competitive. SUVs would sell like dog shit if they were manufactured to the same standards as cars and carried a proportional price tag according to how much larger they are. That's why wagons and utes have such a hard time competing with SUVs and pickups. Wagons and utes get treated like cars by government regulations, and SUVs and trucks have it much easier in comparison.

Tbh this is the exact car I point to when I say full size SUVs are retarded

Can anyone redpill me on the '14+ forester xt? I'm really considerin it as a new daily driver.

>250hp
>8.7" clearance
>might look cool with a bull bar, lights, roof rack

Only problem I've seen is the lifting options are very limited. Coilover springs might work, but all I've seen to try are those spacer things. Also looking like a lesbian.

Gonna try to get in and test drive one this week

>crossover
>cvt
kys.

How many lesbians in this thread, honestly

Would anyone buy a brand new 1995 firestone equipped Explorer over its safer 2015 equivalent?
(No)

Shit man, if I had space for a 4Runner I'd do it, but I need to be able to parallel park and still be able to get through snow/over a curb. I don't plan on taking it crawling, but it's the only vehicle made after 2008 that checks most of my boxes. And I'm at the point where I'd rather just buy a car new than look for the perfect 90's 2 door suv and constantly be fixing shit. I'm open to suggestions though.

That being said, I guess the test drive would get me to the final verdict. Any thoughts on the lift though, or are modern suspensions just made to run stock?

>living in a city
there's your first mistake.

>they're the best sellers in the industry.

Volvo XC60

pretty weak correlation tbqh
if anything that shows there was a SUV craze in the early 2000s

Fact is, all the new fatties have to drive, too, and they're certainly not getting a Miata or Twingo

Lemme quit my job real quick so I can move to Maine where I can be one with nature

>this is actually my dream

Buy a 4runner and find a parking lot or garage.

I actually work at a Subaru/Volvo dealership and that's an awful thing to say

I'd lean more to the v60 cross country over the xc60.

Can you maybe help me out? Can I cram a little extra lift in either of these cars? Would you recommend one over the other?

how so? The Volvo is God-tier

I would

the Japs were great at copying good things and making them shit

this virus spread from Japan to China

The funny thing is that your average 1st gen Celica is more rare and worth more than your average 1st gen Mustang.

>fatties can only drive SUVs

fatty here, can still fit into any decent sized car... foreign or domestic. The problem is long trips. I've done 6 hours in a Challenger and 6 hours in a Focus and the Challenger was miles ahead

>lifting a Subie XV

God damn nigga, are you actually GAY?

If you're going to spend that much, buy a used FJ and do whatever you want to it. Subie will probably break and the dashboard will light up like a Christmas tree if you try to mod anything.

>lifting it
there's no point and it will look like shit.
>crossover
gay
>cvt
retarded and gay
>unibody
next level retarded...and gay

it's a car that is already lifted.

You are a gay and should kys asap. Failing that at least return to your containment board, faggot.

Why does the FJ attract so many fags?

Because only the hottest guys drive them. They're like moths to the flame.

Kinda like my dick and ur mum :^)

SUBARU PLEASE MAKE THIS AGAIN AND PUT STI BITS IN I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY

N O M A R K E T
O
M
A
R
K
E
T

The CVT isn't too horrible, the steering is really light, and the interior is laid out practically, save for not having a pause button for anything paired through bluetooth. The stock headlights are pretty good too.

ultimate cuckbox

>said the subaru fanboy
>who is literally gay

jej

FUCK YOU I'LL BUY IT

>CVT
>offroad

My man, you need to end your life right now.

What I mean is it won't start slipping and grenade itself like a Nissan CVT. I figured it goes without saying that you should avoid the CVT at all costs, but apparently not.

>inline 6 engine
>cuckbox

It's a barge with zero visibility.

how so?

Plus it's a mallcrawling cuckbox made for womyn to ferry kids around. It's a """luxury""" crossover from the people who vow to stop making gasoline powered cars in less than a decade. That is the ULTIMATE cuck move.

I bet they plan to lay off half their current workforce and replace them with rapefugees.

Dude it's a crossover for women, nothing more. It would be absolutely destroyed after a day of offroading it. This thing is meant to handle the occasional gravel road, that's it.

God forbid something breaks on it, too.

I might be thinking of the XC90 actually.

have you started to interview any bulls yet? did you just put an ad in Craigslist, or are there websites for that sort of thing?

that's a big SUV...
also the V8 is GOAT
>it's a you need a jeep wrangler with a 7" lift and 46" tires to offroad episode
youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI
lol whatever you say dude, people in the Volvo club offroad them all the time with no issues
>God forbid something breaks on it, too.
what did he mean by this?

I've seen them on Craigslist for 6k. They're surprisingly cheap.

It was developed before Geely took over

I'm saying that the XC90 has bad visibility, lrn2read.

>my mallcrawler is offroader too!

is there a reason you're shitposting so hard? are you a eurocuck who can't get good vehicles?

probably a rusty piece of shit with no engine

does Tyrone fuck her in the XC90, while you have to wait outside?

an amerilard talking about good vehicles, now that's rich
do you drive a General Mistake, Fix Or Repair Daily or a Drips Oil, Drops Grease, Everywhere?

Do you drive a Fuckme Inthe Ass Tyrone?

I don't own a XC90 you retard, I'm saying it's bad because you can't see out of it/

>all this projection
top kek
meanwhile Volvo keeps conning the greenfags with their "mild hybrid" marketing bullshit

>probably a rusty piece of suit with no engine
nope, pretty clean actually

I'm the original guy asking about the '14+ foresters.

Jesus fuck, what's with this board. Reason I'm not getting an FJ, wrangler, 4R, or any solid axel pickup is because it would literally only crawl the mall. I told you fucks I'm not going on boulders and shit like that. Snow. Inclines. Response on the gas pedal. I don't give a shit of the tranny had only one gear, let alone CVT. Stay mad that your hobby will literally become Mad Max trying to find parts by 2025 when companies stop catering to heeps that were made 30 years prior. If CVT is what cars in 2017 offer then fuck me if I'll just have to buy one with a CVT.

Yeah, I know the lift spacers are a stupid idea, they'll only raise the body. But god forbid I even ask if there's an alternative.

I'm going to laugh my ass off over the next 10 years watching /org/fags whine that smittybilt and rustys went out of business because they sell to a dying niche.

By the way, your precious 4x4 becomes a mall crawler the second it hits pavement. I don't care if it's slathered in mud, all normies see is a guy who's parents could have afforded to pay him a little more attention.

1,2, and 3 cannot be true at the same time

So will you get a based Volvo XC60?

>CVT
have fun with your glorified forklift

I wouldn't buy any flavor of Ford Exploder.

Just decided I'm walking for the rest of my life to avoid conversations like this

(((((unibody)))))
have fun getting totaled by a sapling, faggot

kek

Volvo designs their cars with the Scandinavian market in mind, you can't get any better than that for snow use. Their AWD systems are God-tier in terms of traction and control.

>tells us he wants something to take off paved roads
>talks about putting a LIFT on a CVT unibody crossover

>then shits on Veeky Forums for recommending proper vehicles that are usable on and off road, and will accept a proper lift and modifications

Fucking faggot, go clean off Tyrone's cock.

I sell Subarus and own one.

Do it. First are fun as fuck.

I have a 3rd Gen outback. It can do offroad to an extent and the visibility is fantastic in it.

The v60 c.f. is a beautiful little car. Probably one of my favorites. XC70 being the top. However speaking out my of functionality the xc60 probably has more potential. But I have never seen a non stock Volvo at my dealership. Subarus are very utilitarian and capable offroaders. Xmode is a great feature and the foresters visibility is insane. The boxer engines have one of the most open bays on the market and it's just an overall excellent car.

Noob here

I like the outback 3.6R, but I don't know jack about a CVT. Is it really as bad as you all say?

How much better is the v60 Cross Country? Are there any comparable wagon-bodies with a little room underneath? XC60 looks a little too luxe

>>talks about putting a LIFT on a CVT unibody crossover
He obviously cares about road salt
ew, twingo interior looks better than that

Subaru's SUV's are basically just bigger versions of their wagons

No??? The Forester is based off the Impreza, and the Outback is on a completely different, larger platform. Always has been.

Get a V10 Tuareg OP

Out of all the SUVs you could suggest, why would you suggest the steaming heap of shit that is the FJ cruiser?

The worst part of owning an offroad vehicle is dealing like people like this.