What is the absolute best episode of Top Gear, and why?

What is the absolute best episode of Top Gear, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JGRXIDf9yTg
youtube.com/watch?v=i0n4U3lNFyA
youtube.com/watch?v=et3_j9HSc2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=aqc3msQCWnM
youtube.com/watch?v=I7g08nwEmyY
youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't remember... Shit was only entertaining when you were

the one where clarkson wa sno longer on it.
hes an insufferable faggot

the last one, they got slapped so damned hard they managed to not make annoying television for once.

He's mad

Any of the cheap car challenges. There's honesty in there that you can't script beforehand.

peugeot drivers
or the one when they drove across africa

Africa special

The one with the music and MTV edits and praising mediocre Fordboxes because Clarkson's dad had one.

The £100 car challenge to Manchester and back again. Included the duel between the 996.2 GT3RS v 360 CS. Best episode imo chaps.

youtube.com/watch?v=JGRXIDf9yTg

Douchebaggery itt

The "Communist Car" episode. It only appeals to us who grew up in the cold war.
They used to have it up, but the cunts at BBC took it down.
Just an outtake:

youtube.com/watch?v=i0n4U3lNFyA

British Leyland was pretty good, but as for all-around best I might have to say the Africa station wagon special

>It only appeals to us who grew up in the cold war.
Untrue, soviet sattellite here, born in 1997 and that is my favourite episode aswell.

Vietnam was mint.

from non-specials, shitbox rallycross that's cheaper than golf

from specials, i guess vietnam was the best one

Im a young Canadian and love that episode

britcar 24 hour at silverstone

And the tractor episode that led up to it. Those were both brilliant.

When they visit the US and do that cheap car challenge and drive across the south while making fun of the americans and their lifestyle

Le scripted stone throwing attack. At least the argies actually threw stones.

It's a close tie between the Vietnam Special and the Bolivia special. I love seeing the boys out of their element, even if bits of it are scripted as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=et3_j9HSc2Q

thats the one

This.
The africa special was god-tier. I own a blue 2003 WRX like the one hammond drove minus the toilet seat hoodscoop of course

africa was great.
"last night it got a bit out of hand at the camp..."

seconding this
both Africa specials were comfy as fuck
also the Burma special was pretty good

lol look at this teslafag having a meltdown

youtube.com/watch?v=aqc3msQCWnM

The episode where they are in a 24 hour race with some BMW.

The second Africa special got a bit stupid in the second half with the Stig's African cousin and so on. Stig's cousins were never funny, never.

The one where they buy used lorries,make Geoff their electric car,or when Jeremy Clarkson makes the p-45.

Older episodes are a bit dimmer in my memory but the German episode of the Grand Tour was probably the best one I think

All challenge episodes were good imo

wtf I've never seen this!

For me the Polar Special. They fucking make it to the north pole in a Hilux filled with cheese, canned meat and alcohol. No one had ever driven there before

Enjoy.

Cheers cunts

It's on TPB mate.

I remember this. That poor fucking citroen. I've always had a soft spot for those models and the ds'.

Man that showed how third world the US really is haha

Well they pretty much tried to make it look shitty in that special by going through some very poor redneck areas, when they did any other episodes in the USA you could see that the country is very nice.

>in that special by going through some very poor redneck areas

Don't give me that shit dude, I have lived in the US. You have maybe ten cities, and the rest is very poor redneck areas.

>What is the absolute best episode of Top Gear
Robin Reliant Space Shuttle.
>and why?
Robin Reliant Space Shuttle.

The one where they lie about the Tesla breaking down only to be called out by musk about how they can monitor the car remotely and saw it was working fine.
>Mop here
>Motor enthusiasts

ahahhaa

Any of the specials are good, watching panamerican specual right now. Have 22 seasons on repeat, watched so much while the wife was pregnant, now our daughter goes to sleep to it.

Season 7 episode 2 I think I like. The one with the remote controlled cars and when Jeremy races the two climbers up the mountain and then the climbers base-jump off has excellent dramatic music.

I like how it's scripted, but done up in a mockumentary kind of way

>watch Bolivia special
>James to Hammond: please don't leave me
The feels

10000 quid supercar challenge I never laughed so hard at television in my life

The big rig challenge (you Brits call them lorries) was equally as funny where they all got in big tractor trailers and did a series of challenges, and it was even more hysterical later on when I actually became a truck driver

"Where's your cargo?"

"I don't know, is that bad?"

yeah dude, definitely...

Easily Series 19, Episode 3
It's just entertaining and interesting.

This or the reliant robin space shuttle episode.

That explosion at the end had me dying.

India special was pretty great
>opens Jaguar hood
>"right, I should point out the bits that will go wrong."
>flails arms all over engine bay

Pretty scripted though.

>that obviously played shocked look on James' face

>Man that showed how third world the US really is haha
The USA does have poor areas. It has rich areas but you can't get into them without permission. Some areas in the USA (whole towns only for those that own property there) have enforceable laws that outsiders cannot stay overnight.

>only to be called out by musk about how they can monitor the car remotely
Yeah, Musk and everyone else can also listen in thru the microphones built into the cars too. Your agreement allows them to collect data on the car's usage and that data is part of the users in the car.

>Maserati is making a bad sound
>Engine very suddenly comes flying out of the exhaust in little bits

The 1500 dollar porsche challenge where one of the cars runs out of coolant every quarter mile is pretty funny.

I also liked the vietnam special, that or the north pole one.

It's a scripted show, as are most shows, even "reality" tv.

>you have maybe 10 cities
Did you visit Hawaii or something and mistake it for the lower 48?

Best episode ever. I cannot find the full version anywhere.

i enjoy it when clarkson has a legitimate laugh. he does his leaning back and forth thing with his whole body

>that episode where Jeremy gave his car to hurricane Katrina victims, and they tried to sue him because it had incorrect badging

The cars for teenagers challenge, best special is easily Vietnam.

>hire 100 000 interns to listen to vegan farts through a microphone all day

>"that part of the country doesn't represent us" argument

I was a little bit everywhere, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, North Carolina, Illinois, Maryland, District of Columbia

>Part of the south
>Everywhere
Okay, yuropoor.

I'm a millennial burger and that's one of my favorite episodes.

When they rode motorcycles in Vietnam.

Mostly because May rode the beloved c50 but also because it showed them out of their usual element.

the reliant robin one
youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

the episode where they made fun of peugeot drivers and basically all the specials

>the special that was so shit they even poked fun at how shit it was in a later episode was pretty great
poor taste man

Except the spent the episode shitting on the cars instead of showing their interesting and usual design features.

That's why I like Jay Leno more than Top Gear.

It's not like we were going to think they were communists if they actually gave the cars an honest review.