Tip of the Day

Did you know that aqueous sodium silicate can be used to replace the oil in your engine? It's a water-based, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly alternative to petroleum-based lubricants.

It has been proven to last for the entire life of an engine, even in high-mileage applications.

It's endorsed by the US Government as a way to reduce your vehicle's greenhouse emissions.

Other urls found in this thread:

scienceforums.com/topic/19324-a-terrible-use-for-sodium-silicate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>scienceforums.com/topic/19324-a-terrible-use-for-sodium-silicate/

Does this really work??? I got a feeling it's a trick

DO NOT DO THIS IT WILL KILL THE ENGINE

>It's endorsed by the US Government as a way to reduce your vehicle's greenhouse emissions
this is actually true, or at least it was

Really? Wtf why would someone do this?

Nothing I said is wrong.

Really? Sounds badass

guys i did this 3 days ago and now im in the hospital. the doctor said they found mustard gas in my lungs

LOL no this shit will polymerization and fuck your engine

Whats mutard gas?

So it'll fuse two able cards to make a more powerful or useful one?

Might as well just tell them to pour sand in their engine, OP. Or to delete their system32 folder. Or recharge their iPhone using a microwave oven.

>Or recharge their iPhone using a microwave oven.
That actually works though. They did a study

To prevent the car from ever being driven again as part of a government program for killing the used car market so everyone has to buy new cars...or no cars.

Very likely to see a repeat of this when electric car mass production ramps up, because governments do NOT want you to drive cars that don't rely on the grid for energy. Those cars are too useful in an insurrection.

Nigga that's the shit they used to kill the engines of the cars that were traded in for cash for clunkers

or simply because there is very less taxes on used vehicles and it doesn't promote economic growth

Ill do it right after i delete system32

See guys, this'll work fine.

Without oil the government can't go into the middle east creating wars and overthrowing government to instill their proxies

makes a good protein shake too

i just had my 2nd gla

I hope you're glass was good.

like ketchup gas but yellow

HMMMMMMMM

>Wtf why would someone do this?
When cars for clunkers are bought, the gov't uses sodium silicate in the engine to kill it. Then they can dispose of the car to the junkers for recycling. The gov't doesn't want or need to spend a zillion hours taking things apart just to make sure the clunker they bought ends up on the road again. So they pour in sodium silicate into the fluid openings and run the car. The End.

Did you know that used motor oil is full of vitamin C and tastes great, and could easily replace orange juice?

i deleted my system32 folder and I lost 20 pounds in the first week. I have never felt better.

a-user? are you ok?

He ain't lying

I did this to my engine (40% silicate, 60% conventional engine oil), and now its the most quiet it has ever been

Is this the same idea as running warm soapy water through your engine while doing an oil change to clean things out?

i never heard of this idea, ever. Please write a book.

>It has been proven to last for the entire life of an engine,

Seems like sodium silicate is the ideal substance to pour into someone's gas tank. Cheap and easy and it doesn't take much.

>sodium silicate
Where do I buy it? Don't say online. Doesn't seem to be at the usual retail stores.

Watching a video of them doing that almost made me cry, the car was screaming for mercy but only received more pain

Yes, the entire short life of the engine

this stuff's great, I use it in everything. I like putting a little bit of moly grease in there (about 60/40) and running it as my gear oil, too. doesn't work as good for ATF, though.

This. Any Dane will tell you that Norwegians are the most trustworthy people in the world. He knows what he's talking about.

>this stuff's great, I use it in everything.
It's a great fuel additive.

I used to live next to a dealership in Anchorage Alaska when this was happening. They would put a weight on the pedal and rape the rev limiter until it seized. Some would run for a long time making horrible noises and chuffing smoke out of the oil cap like a locomotive. I vowed to never buy a brand new car because of what they did.

Makes a great brake cleaner too

>Watching a video of them doing that almost made me cry, the car was screaming for mercy but only received more pain

>Some would run for a long time making horrible noises
>chuffing smoke out of the oil cap like a locomotive

Those engines just didn't want to die. While others gave up right away. Do you know if the engines with the stoutest hearts and desire to live were the toyota straight 6? Or some other engine known for its durability like an iron duke?