What does Veeky Forums think of the new Tesla cars?

What does Veeky Forums think of the new Tesla cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSSdMvl8_mY
reddit.com/r/videos/comments/6nmsxj/when_top_gear_tried_its_best_to_stop_tesla_and/
youtube.com/watch?v=JLMxO-VmAlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does the engine make explosions? No? Then I don't care

nigger

Badly made and over priced.

Amazing build quality

Reddit: the car

That's so very like the anons on this board - a blind and irrational dedication to the internal combustion engine. Luddites of the worst sort. "I'm not going to drive some bloody golf caht on the road!" Never mind that it's a fast car that handles great.

It smacks of oil crisis denialism in the 70s - many car magazines and writers were dead set against the very idea of the oil embargo, mostly because it threatened their hobby. Rather than adopt a new word view, dig into some outright lies and people fell for it, hampering on about that they won't even think about driving a car that could be a game changer.

Instead of going on about how you 'won't drive a car built after 1995' why don't you consider that maybe, *just maybe* things can change for the better?

The future of cars, triggers faggots

Shill please go. No one wants your overpriced autocrashing shitboxes here.

There are reasons why people might not want to drive Teslas other than them being electric.

>godawful, soulless interiors
>requires software updates like a fucking iPhone
>by using the autopilot feature you're directly contributing to the demise of driving as a hobby

i saw a model x the otha week
it looked like dogshit. the design and shape of it looked like a downsyndrome autism wheelchair.

>It's the future!™

Ever thought about getting a real job, cunt?

>does the metal eat hay like my horse? No? Then i don't care, i got crops to tend to

How are electric vehicles an improvement from ICE vehicles in the same way that ICE vehicles were to horses?

Horses don't make sweet exhaust notes you dipstick

to be honest, you could have said the same thing for early ICE vehicles.
>that gasoline shit is so dangerous
>i have to crank the engine by hand and it could literally break my wrist as it starts
>there are no gas stations, or very few
>these ICE things are so expensive, horses are cheap
>everyone knows how to tend to horses but these new things nobody knows how they work
etc

Don't get me wrong, I don't actually have a problem with EVs. But I have yet to find one that isn't targeted towards numales and green party voters

that's mostly because the technology is too new, much like early gas cars.

the ktm e bike is ok
I ridden one, its quick still but man would like a 2 stroke bike over it any day.

I honestly love them. I mean they are electric but shit man..they are actually good. I enjoy the fact that they are the rwd sedans I have been waiting for since forever. The issue for me is the price. Its more expensive than base bmw or mercs.

Literally the same poster

Enjoy your no torque at any relevant speed.

This

Is that a pedal?

combustion fags BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=wSSdMvl8_mY

Teslafags are a cult. They always have creepy smiles, they preach their gospel about the EV and how ICE cars are the Devil, and see Elon Musk as a messiah. Not even GTR fanboys, or Honda fanboys, or LS fanboys, etc. are that bad.

HAHAAHA YOU LITERALLY COPYPASTED THIS FROM REDDIT FAGGOT

>reddit.com/r/videos/comments/6nmsxj/when_top_gear_tried_its_best_to_stop_tesla_and/

You can go back now.

we should ban electric cars because my pastor says they use too much gas

Actually most people know about this
Elon Musk is a bit of a interesting dude though. My response to the gtr/Honda etc fanboys not being as bad is because they have nothing to flaunt. At the end of the day a gtr will always be a gtr but Tesla is putting out some next level shit. You don't have to like it...please don't take this as me trying to sway you on anything but you have to admit this guy is making moves in the electric industry

Has anyone on Veeky Forums actually had a face to face interaction with a Tesla owner?

I have actually. Why?

I wrote my own thing but it was deleted like right at the end because my phone refreshed so I just copied it from there and edited it, same fucking thing.

Also how did you even know to look there? Unless you browse the place as well. Here is a hint, so does everyone else here on this site.

I've heard they have crappy build quality, the company has some kind of DRM thing with the software in case you want to do any mods, and they seem really expensive for what you actually get. I'm also butthurt that the rest of us taxpayers have to indirectly subsidize them through the tax credit. So I don't like them.

Yup. 2 Tesla owners always show up at the local cars and coffee

no thanks i like driving

I reversed searched it, because i did not think you were eloquent enough to have made it yourself.

Whats funny is Telsa gets tons a government money and actually make strides with it. Gm and all the bailout flunkies are still struggling to make appealing conservative vehicles.
>Chevy : still making sub par cars/ decent trucks but not as good as toyota
>Ford : Still making subpar trucks / decent trucks but not as good as toyota
>dodge/Chrysler/jeep : don't even bother

and here we have a pretty youthful company literally stepping over companies that are literally as well known as coca cola

correction
The volt/bolt are the only real attempts at making moves. I actually like those two.

So you think Reddit is? I guess we all have our secrets

And they were so abrasive they turned you off an entire company?

Fags with usernames tend to put more effort into their imaginary internet points. You're awfully defensive, kid.

I wouldn't mind one as an A to B vehicle.

I have to be at work by 6am. Along with an hour commute there and an hour and a half commute back, it would be a great vehicle to set on autopilot and either get a quick nap, or maybe check/send out some work email.

I bet they could be pretty fun, but that wouldn't be how I'd use it. electric + auto-pilot for work, ICE for fun.

There are too many cars on the road, along with a robust industry behind them to be completely phased out. You would just see more of them on the road, driven by the average consumer. Enthusiasts would still have their ICE machines, at worst, being only utilized on the weekends.

No. Contrary to what you read here most of them are tolerable if not normal. I would even argue most conventional normie car guys are much more abrasive than Tesla owners. Forget about modern muscle car guys...they are literally the fucking worst, they seriously are not joking about mustang owners.

Uhh yeah they do ever heard a horse fart ?

Tesla will be bankrupt in 5 years. Screenshot this.

I've got nothing against the company, they just don't sell anything I'm interested in buying

The owners I've met were stereotypical of the high end car crowd

One of the guys is a younger (mid-20's) rich arabic d-bag who's father is a senior chemist with GSK. He also owns a GT-R that he's run into the fucking ground.

Other guy is an older white dude, retired engineer from IBM, always fun to talk to, hangs out with a bunch of other old guys who always bring their 'Vettes

I find that hard to believe, most Veeky Forums posters make north of $100k a year so I assume most of them regularly talk to Tesla owners while doing networking and whatnot, and have come up with a correct judgment of them, sounds like your case is an outlier

probably not. You know the government actually gives them money right? More like in 5 years the government will start using teslas as fleet cars.

>taking a bland generic Tesla to car show

Car's & Coffee isn't what I would call a "car show"

C&C is basically a shitbox show, except for the random rich loser that shows everyone up by bringing an expensive car

Where is this figure from? 100k a year seems like a lot from the job/what you drive threads. I would day a median income of 55-90k..but whatever that's not the topic.
Most ev car people are big nerds about mpg and stuff. Tesla makes a decent performing car which appeals to car folks. I enjoy to what I call car show walk and literally talk to everyone with something interesting...most muscle car dudes..like the said the modern ones are pretentious and think they have something special. Mind you this is ok because I understand the passion behind it but shit man...there is literally no reason why you have to
>brap your engine so everyone can hear it regardless if they want to
>rolling burnouts
>calling everyone with a muscle car out
>throwing a shitfit when you don't win best in show
>throwing a shitfit when someone doesn't know what they have
anyways I'm sure there are humble guys out there but it seems that all I have encountered at shows are jerks.

ev dudes come off as pretentious because the nature of it

>I find that hard to believe, most Veeky Forums posters make north of $100k a year
Why do you still post here heartbreaker, we all know you're the most fucking retarded tripfag here

Why didn't they use the same car twice? Oh right, the battery died.

LMAO im draggin the average down for sure

do you know how much money it takes to run a combustion drag car? funny cars usually get ran a few times before something breaks. Each run probably costs more to run than a normal car does in years.

You're not implying people would outright LIE on an anonymous imageboard are you? Why would anonymous people lie, what do they have to gain?

>people being dishonest on Veeky Forums

>He's laughing with another girl.
>and playing
>with another heart.

You can run 10's in a Hellcat all day long and drive home.

>the technology is too new
Electric vehicles are almost 200 years old.

Who cares. Its not like the avg hellcat owner can actually drive that car under every condition.

this

LiPo batteries are barely two decades old
and only now are they getting comparable range to gas engines

I ain't got any proofs but a club I'm with is invited to a Tesla dealership for a private tour and some q&a I think. Is there anything really worth asking them that hasn't been asked before? It's car enthusiasts talking to car enthusiasts so they're more honest about things. A rep already told us the 3 is like a Civic and most will be around $50k with options.

Who cares about a Tesla's drag time when it only does it once?

Dude didn't you see my last post. Top tier drag cars don't make countless runs either. Its just the nature of it.

We aren't talking about top tier drag cars. We're talking about normal daily drivers.

the hellcat is a shit daily driver though. What is your argument user? This site is for 18 year olds.

707hp in a Mercedes chassis is a bad DD? Huh, I would think the car with the gigantic LCD screen that you can't turn off and sub 200 miles of range then takes hours to recharge would be a worse DD.

Daily driver is to Veeky Forums as "desktop OS" is to /g/

Veeky Forums: A bunch of spergs saying that their favorite is/isn't one because they need/don't need to carry five people, a dog, and 800lbs of shit from costco once a week while spending less than $50 on gas a month because they are fucking poor
/g/: a bunch of spergs saying their favorite is/isn't one because they need/don't need microsoft office for highschool and play/don't play world of warcraft

"Daily driver" is relative to your daily drive.

No, it's because musk is a green party voting numale himself, aka a giant manchild.

>dude wouldn't it be kewl if we went to mars lmao
>white americans: *starving*
>black africans: *starving even harder*
>dude mars colonies lmao, we could even do science every now and then but mostly i think it would be cool if people lived on mars
>most of the earth's surface: *uninhabited and underutilized*
>spaceX is a priority for me
>the human race: *ridden with strife and suffering*
>and so is reducing carbon dioxide emissions because i care about the environment!
>[overfishing and destructive logging in the background]
>[mines that supply tesla production literally destroying the earth]
>once we stop farting out so much carbon dioxide this planet will last forever haha

so basically you're all
>why spend money up there when we have so many problems down here

Do you realize how many miles 200 is? Probably not. Your hellcat gets like what? 10mpg? Also not to mention fuel costs for avg cars is like 1,000.00 per year and I think electricity costs like 11 cents per kilowatt . Yeah ill take the rolling ipad.

What would you rather have, massive problems down here and a few fiberglass domes with hipsters in them on mars, or less problems down here and actual scientists continuing to work on the ISS when they need low gravity for experiments?

I got raped in a Tesla

Sounds like you have it all figured out, now you just need to make a billion dollars, start a handful of companies to accomplish your vision, and follow through. Or just whine about what other people are doing your whole life while accomplishing nothing, your choice.

Also I find it sad that he thinks mars is a "backup plan", like he expects the earth to go kaput forever and be worse at supporting life than a rock without a functioning magnetosphere or breathable atmosphere.

Maybe that wouldn't be a certain future if he would stop sourcing shit from strip mining and offshore drilling to make his copper/plastic-laden shitboxes and solar powered factories.

something to realize is that there have always been and will always be problems down here, and diversification is important, as is industrializing the solar system in general.
Another thing to realize is that even if all that effort you consider wasteful was spent down here it wouldn't even make a dent, since problems down here are endemic and don't get fixed by more money

teslas are the future whether you want to accept it or not. self driving electric cars. thats fucking awesome. anyone driving around in whatever the equivalent of a hellcat is in 20 years will look like a hillbilly moron. maybe not out in backwoods arkansas, but everyone anywhere that matters will be getting zipped around in their teslas without so much as touching a gas pedal or steering wheel. embrace it or be left behind.

We're still not at the model T equivalent point for electric. Gm is probably going to get there first with the bolt volt line.

It gets 22mpg and has an 18 gallon tank. And 200 miles is not much. Especially when you have to have it charge 12 hours at a time.

i want one for a daily

Problems down here are fixed by efforts that cost money due to the nature of capitalism, not money, but yeah if you spend that money on something else you're also spending our time and physical/intellectual resoruces on that something else.

Also notice he doesn't want the easier target that could be achieved in less time with less resources while developing the tech needed to go all the way to fucking mars - the moon. He wants mars and only mars despite the higher risk of failure, losing contact, etc, hampering further developments and humanity's willingness to even fucking try. Because he is still a child fixated on sci fi stories about people living on mars. His goal is not diversifying our options, scientific progress, off-planet mining, no, none of that. His goal is mars because mars is cool.

Fuck off this site isn't some exclusive club. The reddit meme is as cancerous as reddit is.

This.Why cant anybody understand efficient vehicles are the future. This is how we move forward as a planet. Fuck the naysayers. The thing is most the people are arguing
>muh hellcats
>muhhh sounds
In reality the most pleasurable part of owning a performance car is how it handles.

>Electric cars
>Efficient

youtube.com/watch?v=JLMxO-VmAlU

if you cant admit this is cool...your lying

you are ignorant and I wont even argue with you. Have fun being excessed

transporting one person with a vehicle that seats six is not an efficient use of resources
personal owneship of large vehicles is not efficient either

teslas are not the future of transport, they are the future of luxury for rich and overconsuming fucktards.

the future of transport is taking that electric motor and putting it in a bus and compact electric shuttles that are hailed as taxis

you want speedy, free transport that's entirely under your own control? here are your efficient options:

>feet
>bicycle
>moped
>scooter
>low displacement motorcycle (crotch rockets are awful energy hogs)

>someone doesn't agree with me
>they are ignorant

typical pseudointellect

>Buys new car made out of plastic and lithium
>Charges it via coal fired power plant
>Is stuck up ignorant thinking he's saving the planet

>Also produces thousands of these cars
>some go unsold
>run an industry where people constantly replace their cars with more newly manufactured cars because the logistics of upgrading existing vehicles in place only when necessary without saying fuck you to property rights and treating the public as a corporate flee are, eh...

Efficient! At making money. Sort of.

This would vary to your location. Also my home is solar converted so in my case the sun

thats fucking amazing. this dude just tweeted this shit sitting in traffic one day half joking and is literally making it happen. there are going to be entire chapters devoted to this guy in history books 100 years from now.

The manufacture of those solar panels wasn't very efficient

Nuclear or bust

>handles great
BHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>everything aside from fossil fuels is bad
>fossil fuels are better

dude screw off. Basically what I'm saying is its all about taking positive steps to the future. coal and fossil fuels are infinitely worse than solar panels

>the future of transport is taking that electric motor and putting it in a bus and compact electric shuttles that are hailed as taxis
all in due time. and tesla will be the ones to do it. theyre literally building out the infrastructure to do this as we speak. the model x is only a means to bring in profit to make this shit a reality. a stepping stone, if you will. you cant just thrust a radically new paradigm of transportation on the world, people will reject it. you have to make small, measurable changes, and thats exactly what musk is doing. he's taking us in this direction. can you not see that?

The model S was supposed to be a luxury "senior manager" car. They basically just need a rwd sports electric car that does burnouts. Optional convertible for the ladies, because extra sales can't hurt

I do get what you mean though. Its all about buyer accountability. You need to go with reputable builders

>Elon musk invented the subway but massively overcomplicated

The best part is people still have to walk to and from the limited number of endpoints and the overall carry capacity is doubtlessly less than a proper train, because each car needs its own engine and trunk

Also rates of arrival and departure would be hampered by the elevator system, compared to just getting off the train and walking out of the station

Sasuga Elon Muskchild. At least it's cool! It would make a good shot in a sci-fi movie!

The world already has this paradigm. It's called taking the subway and hailing a taxi. The taxi part is the one that's still fueled by gas.

If musks' goal was actually to hype up the electric motor and get other companies to make EVs, he succeeded, but tesla a fucking shit as something to buy from rather than something to copy.

I hope to see self driving EV fleets in public service in the future but continued consumerism is not the way forward