/og/ - ORTHODOX GENERAL

Mass Baptisms in the Philippines

romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/philippines-february-3-2016-99-baptized-in-mass-baptism-into-orthodoxy/

workersectingreece.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/december-2015-new-orthodox-baptisms-in-philippines-two-filipino-protestant-bishops-four-pastors-and-their-flock/

romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/september-26-2015-mass-baptism-in-kiamba-philippines-187-former-philippine-independent-catholic-church-members-baptized-orthodox-christians/

workersectingreece.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/december-2015-new-orthodox-baptisms-in-philippines-two-filipino-protestant-bishops-four-pastors-and-their-flock/

romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/philippines-february-3-2016-99-baptized-in-mass-baptism-into-orthodoxy/

Orthodox hymns
Aramaic: youtube.com/watch?v=9nJP-4JzMhQ
Greek: youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs
Spanish: youtube.com/watch?v=xc91xrGtaKo
Serbian: youtube.com/watch?v=DUCF4ZXpIuU
Bulgarian: youtube.com/watch?v=3wm4RlnnaOU
French: youtube.com/watch?v=GI92g8JWwn8
Arabic: youtube.com/watch?v=Y8r5r4R2yuE
English: youtube.com/watch?v=LUjtgV6OPBM
German: youtube.com/watch?v=2bYq1BqHURs
Chinese: youtube.com/watch?v=PS1uf0oQCg4
Russian: youtube.com/watch?v=hQAgrCuKwPc
Romanian: youtube.com/watch?v=M-rgQve74BI
Ethiopian: youtube.com/watch?v=G0KYlvZ46Zk

Threads should be about specific topics, and the creation of "general" threads is discouraged.

>should
>discouraged
Not a rule violation. And it's actually more than most OP's have to offer.

I'll allow it, since most Christian threads here turn into a shitflinging contest by other denominations or atheists just looking to raise opinions no one would listen to IRL.

Besides, Orthodoxies are actually tolerable since they talk about history and the fundamentals that shaped their church.

How do i get involved in the local orthodox churches in my area? Theyre mostly ukrainian and romanian but i have no idea if there will be a language barrier since i only speak english although i have majority ukrainian heritage.

What country do you live in?

I am a Jordanian American Eastern Orthodox Christian. And I believe in God. God Bless.

Christ is in our midst!

bump

>going from Nataliya to this.
Absolutely disgusting.

Oh, you believe in God? You do well.

Even the devil believes in God!

>b-but muh sola fide

Most of those things Luther is greentexting aren't even part of the Orthodox doctrine and worship.

Why can no Orthodox explain what the gospel is, from the bible?

Why can no Orthodox explain what salvation is, from the bible?

>But my absolute and complete ignorance of the book of James.

>"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. Luke 19:10

This is not the Orthodox explanation. The Gospel is salvation, but it is application of the teaching towards the light of the Father. Jesus finds the lost ones and seeks to save them.

The Gospel is the truth about Christ and what he gives to humanity.

Salvation is Theosis.

What the hell are you talking about. All things the Father has, the Son has.

>t. you don't need works!

>What the hell are you talking about. All things the Father has, the Son has

user asked why Orthodox apparently can't answer what the Gospels or salvation are. What is important is that Jesus will bring to us to Gospel and our salvation, and what these mean.

>"I do not speak on my own authority. The Father who has sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it" John 12:49

Jesus tells us that everything He is, everything He has, every teaching He teaches, is in fact the Father's, for the Father.

Remember kids, faith and works are like peanut butter cups covered in chocolate

Peanut butter alone is insufficient?

See? No comprehensible explanation of either the gospel or salvation.

It's just Roman Catholic Lite. Join our church instead of theirs, and do what our priests tell you to do, not theirs.

For what? Salvation? Of course not. How much clearer could Paul be?

Ephesians 2
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

not of works,

lest anyone should boast.

No, but the idea that faith in God should line up with our works in God.

You can work towards more faith. You can have faith that your works are success.

>See? No comprehensible explanation of either the gospel or salvation.
This is why God alone will bring you to where you need to go. There is a reason why people are giving you unsatisfactory definitions of the Gospels and salvation. They are not meant to be defined fully by people, but experienced. Take the gospel and apply it.

>It's just Roman Catholic Lite. Join our church instead of theirs, and do what our priests tell you to do, not theirs.

The posts are not to advocate Orthodox church or Catholic church. God is more important that what church you want to associate with.

And therefore with *alone*, without works, is insufficient.

Those are both quite succinct and comprehensible.

Not the gospels.

I asked you what the gospel is, and what salvation is. You have no idea what they are, and assume I'm as ignorant as you are.

>The Gospel is the truth about Christ and what he gives to humanity.

>Salvation is Theosis.

They are in fact neither.

In Eastern Orthodoxy deification (theosis) is a transformative process whose goal is likeness to or union with God. As a process of transformation, theosis is brought about by the effects of katharsis (purification of mind and body) and theoria ('illumination' with the 'vision' of God).

This is why you are lost.

You know what the Gospels are and what salvation is.

You can't tell the difference between the question "What are the Gospels?" and "What is the gospel of Jesus Christ"?

What's lost about that? It's done physically with the Eucharist, and spiritually through constant prayer. Perfect Theosis is achieved with the Second Coming.

>And therefore with *alone*, without works, is insufficient.

You need to know what you are saying here.

You are saying that what Jesus did is not enough.

Yes, you are a pagan, and lost.

If you would like to become a Christian, we can talk about that instead.

I'm saying faith without works is worthless. Can you be party to Christ's gift without deep contrition? Can you have deep contrition if you don't express it in things like fasting and works (and weeping, if you are fortunate enough to receive that gift)?

You are a Muslim, and lost.

If you would like to become a Christian, we can talk about that instead.

It is the same question with a loop hole. It is almost like you want to try and corner someone so you can call them stupid because they don't understand your question.

Though, that is not your intention? Either way, questions you have are best answered by yourself and your direct relationship to God.

Don't rely on people who sit behind their computer all day to answer questions you have to answer for yourself.

Yes, I know that's what you're saying. I also know it's bullshit.

Do you experience deep contrition when people give you Christmas presents too?

John 8:7And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."

>calling Pagans lost, in 2016, makes Christianity look bad

>calling Muslims lost in 2016, makes Christianity look bad

I'm a born again Christian, because I have been born again.

You have placed your faith in the rites and rituals of your church to save you.

I don't have a question.

I have a test.

You failed.

The truth doesn't care about your feelings.

Not unless the present itself is contrition

I have placed my faith in God. The mysteries of the Church are gifts given by God as medicine.

Show me in the bible where contrition is a part of salvation.

You have placed an entire church between you and God, and as a result, your faith in your church prevents you from knowing the living God.

You think you're eating him.

Of course it does.

2 Corinthians 7:10

As well as the story of the Publican and the Pharisee.

The story of the Publican and the Pharisee.

It doesn't, actually. It's objectively true no matter how you "feel" about it.

It does. What you are doing is "feeling" your opinion being the truth alone, then saying "it is not how you feel about it"

Basically, what you are calling out against is what you are doing, but we all do this sometimes

The Church is literally the Body of God, it says so right in the Bible.

>You think you're eating him.
Well, he said himself, his flesh is *literally* food, and his blood is *literally* drink, and if you do not eat his flesh and drink his blood, you will not inherit eternal life.

The publican was justified under the law for throwing himself at the mercy of the court, not saved. The parable is that the self-righteous hypocrite, while appearing pleasing to God, is the opposite.

The truth would be the truth if neither of us were born.

In these two posts, notice how both are one their one side;

>The mysteries of the Church are gifts given by God as medicine
_
>You have placed an entire church between you and God, and as a result, your faith in your church prevents you from knowing the living God.

There is a mystery of the church which have the Spirit alive within them, yet there is also churches which serve as walls where the individual must cultivate the Spirit within themselves.

It does, yes.

Does it say the Roman Catholic Church? Does it say the Eastern Orthodox Church?

Or could it perhaps mean the collection of all people from all times who are born again, who are the body of Christ, regardless of what religion they subscribe to?

Jesus' church is not the Roman Catholic Church or the Eastern Orthodox Church; both of those belong to the devil.

>The publican was justified under the law
Being justified under the law beings following the Mosaic Law, there is no evidence the Publican did that, he worked for the pagan occupiers and extorted money from the Jewish people

False.

>dwight.jpg

Spiritual food. Spiritual drink. Which you, as an anti-spiritual person cannot comprehend.

Jesus is very clear on this in verse 63 of John 6, so just keep reading.

It's His Spirit we must have within ourselves, not His physical flesh and His physical blood. That is just your church's pagan blasphemies and abominations.

Anyone without the Holy Spirit within them has no part in the Kingdom of God.

The Orthodox Church is the original one, the specific nomenclature is a later development.

Yes, he was guilty, filthy, and depraved, and instead of offering excuses or pretending he was not, he was honest and begged for mercy instead.

Only God's grace and mercy saves people; that pharisee was a filthy sinner and would not admit it, even though to our eyes he would be an extremely devout and pious religious man.

Nope.

Ephesians 2
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

And the Publican was full of contrition. He didn't just say, "Yeah, so, y'know, I sin and stuff, but I know you'll already forgive me, so thanks for all that."

"Spiritual" does not mean "figurative" in the Bible. Whereas "truly" unequivocally means "literally" as opposed to "figuratively". This is not truly as a translation of "amen" in other context (which can mean "indeed" or used to add emphasis), it's a translation of the word used for "literally" in contrast with "figuratively".

"Spiritually," nowhere, in the Bible, means figuratively.

I'm not saying figurative.

I'm saying real absolute spiritual food and real absolute spiritual drink, which is the indwelling presence of the real absolute Holy Spirit of God.

When Jesus gave his disciples the Holy Spirit to live in them, he breathed into their mouths.

He did not carve off chunks of himself and tap a vein for them to drink.

If you want to be justified under the law, I suggest you plead guilty too.

The penalty is eternal death.

And the Orthodox Church is the one built on that cornerstone. The one Christ sent the Spirit of Truth to guide. The Spirit of Truth didn't just fall asleep for over a thousand years on the job, so you can "discover" him again (but apparently derive many conflicting denominations from him).

He has his flesh is *literally* food, and his blood is *literally* drink. Do you believe that?

If I expected to be justified under the Law, I'd eat Kosher.

It is not. It says it is. It lies.

No denomination that hasn't existed continuously for more than a few hundred years, can claim to be a part of the Church Christ sent the Spirit of Truth to administrate 2000 years ago.

Yes.

Literally.

Spiritual.

Do you understand how spiritual things aren't real to you? Only physical things?

If you'd like, I'll put John 6 into context for you, and maybe it will help you to understand why stopping at "my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed" doesn't mean God wants us to be law breaking cannibals and vampires.

kek

The penalty for not being kosher is to leave town until sundown, then come back.

Correct. No "denomination" has been continuously comprised of 100% of all of the Christians of the world for 2000 years.

sup LARPers

>Do you understand how spiritual things aren't real to you? Only physical things?
If that were the case, I would not be a Christian

Christ says his flesh is *literally* food. As in, not metaphorically food. Do you believe that?

By eating Christ's flesh and blood, we become a part of his Body. That is why the Church is called His Body, because through Communion we become a part. And by becoming a part of his body, our bodies inherit his Resurrection

And according to those like you, there were no Christians for the thousand years before the Reformation, because you say Catholics and Orthodox are not Christians.

I agree with this one, to some degree.

Christ Jesus is not preaching Orthodox church nor is there any sufficient evidence that the Orthodox church is a continuation of the true church established by Jesus Christ Himself.

Church is a good place to start learning, but a lot of the churches exaltations of itself are just that, words, and what the Spirit of Truth teaches is direct revelation, that we don't need the church to be our intermediary between us and the divine, but that everyone has the potential.

Wow.

Okay. You be the law breaking cannibal and vampire, and I'll do what the bible says.

I say the opposite, actually. There have always been Christians from Pentecost 32 AD to the present.

Jesus was preaching the Law.

If you want to be like God by using your knowledge of good and evil, like the devil promised, then continue as you are.

When in your despair you realize that you will never be like God, then you can turn to Him for salvation.

This is not a problem of knowledge; the early Christians knew almost nothing of the New Covenant, but their confession that Jesus is Christ and their knowledge He rose from the dead saved them.

The Bible says that Christ's flesh is literally food, and his blood is literally drink, and if you do not eat it, you shall not inherit eternal life.

Do Orthodox and Catholics count?

>When in your despair you realize that you will never be like God, then you can turn to Him for salvation.
Christ says for us to be perfect, like the Father, and the Psalms say we are to be gods and sons of the Most High (by this is meant Theosis).

I don't even know Orthodoxy existed in the Philippines.

Great yet another bunch of child-molesting whites, this time slavs.

Yes.

It is literally spiritual food. Without it, you will die.

It is literally spiritual drink. Without it, you will die.

And when I say die, I mean spiritual death; the second death; an eternity in a lake of fire.

Literally.

I'm not even going to get into your belief that your "priest" can utter some incantation that transforms ordinary food into human flesh and blood.

It's disgusting.

Why do you think whites are more inclined to molest children?

Orthodox priests are typically married, unless they're monks.

>Do Orthodox and Catholics count?

Not to the Kingdom of God, no. Just a collection of pagans who need to repent and be saved.

So you agree his flesh is literally food, then? As in, you eat it? Because if not, then it's not *literally* food, it's only metaphorically food.

>Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil. Matthew 5:17

>Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'? John 10:34

>For "Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved." Romans 10:13

>But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. Matthew 13:16

Yes. Under the law, which Jesus taught, you have to be perfect to be saved.

Are you perfect under the law?

Then what Christians are you referring to which existed in the thousand years prior to the Reformation?

I don't even follow the Law, Jesus abolished it.

Yes. His Holy Spirit literally enters your body when you confess aloud that Jesus is Lord, believing in your heart God raised Him from the dead.

Do that, and He will LITERALLY be inside of you.

John 6:63
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

It's what happens.

Also just look into Catholic clergy
>Flip Priests
Usual sex scandals: keeps mistresses, is gay and is fucking another priest, uses church money to buy prostitutes, uses church money to support a secret family, Borgia style.
>Western priests sex scandals.
Molested children, molested children everywhere.

1. Jesus fulfilled the law both ways; He perfectly obeyed it, and He paid the full penalty for all of the transgressions of mankind. There is no unpunished sin but for the unpardonable sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

2. Jesus is mocking the pharisees, and the context is "judges".

3. Yes. You must call on His name to be saved.

4. I have seen nobody in this thread but for me with eyes that see and ears that hear.

Everyone who confessed out loud that Jesus is Lord, and believed in their hearts God raised him from the dead are in heaven right now.

Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law.

So your opinion is contrary to his.

Slavs tend to bring sex workers *into* the Philippines.