Redpill me on the f150

Redpill me on the f150.

Looking to buy an 86/91 next month as a first vehicle.

The 351 is a pretty terrible motor, I'm not a fan after dealing with it.
The truck itself is fine though.

This is the worst body style. Get the previous gen or the next gen. They look a lot better.

>351
>bad

what a dumb dogfcuker

im not buying a 300k mile rust bucket from the 70s
and
>next gen

>hurr durr because it's old it's automatically rusty
late 60s and early 70s are the best f150.

this is what i meant by next gen.

The '97 F-150 is a piece of shit OP, don't do it.

Go for a '94, they are pretty cool.

i dont have the money to shell out for some old fart car collector in cali's pristine f150, or the money to pay for rare 40 year old parts

do it. theyre damn reliable. the 351 is a dog, though. your best bet is getting a 300 with a 4spd.
you have to take the recommendations on Veeky Forums with a grain of salt because all the faggots here are busriders or Miata owners. at least that's what Veeky Forums has become...

Ford 300 I6 engines have been known to last up to 300,000 miles with no major issues. They produce gobs of low-end torque, including an impressive 265 ft.-lbs. of torque in some instances. That has made the Ford 300 I6, particularly the versions with a forged crank and high-flow exhaust manifold, a popular choice for heavy-duty commercial trucks.

Why are you forcing you're faggot redpill me faggotry on Veeky Forums

The phrase, "Redpill me" is common terminology on Veeky Forums. It is used when an user is curious of other anons' true thoughts on a subject.

good trucks. rust like crazy. will have been abused most likely. Expect to have to go through bushings bearings and races on the ttb front. Shock as well. Along with lots of other soft parts and common wear. Most get lousy fuel mileage. all the available motors are very reliable and can make decent power but will be sluggish stock Especially with an auto. All can be greatly improved. 300 i6, 302, 351 can be upgraded significantly. go on any of the ford truck forums for info every part has been discussed in depth. And fullsizebronco.com is a wealth of knowledge as well.

you can literally buy every part from lmctruck. they're not rare at all.

Holy shit that's a min version of my truck

get a ranger instead

>Ford 300 I6 engines
hnnng

300 I6 a best

i want a 70's F150 with 300-6 / 4-SPEED so bad

Did ford make a diesel worth a shit in the 80s/90s?

Honestly, my brother's lasted to about 285,000 miles. Had the v8, he probably forgot to change the oil....
One of the ugliest trucks ever.

83-87(?) 6.9 idi, non turbo and fairly low power stock but good potential, and used in everything from pickups to busses
88-94.5 7.3 idi, basically a bored out 6.9.
95-03ish 7.3 powerstroke, direct injected, really good potential too but pricy
They're all pretty good engines.
Hope this helps

The I6 in my 90 F-150 never gave me any trouble. May want to be wary of early E40D transmissions, mine had torque converter shudder and was slipping bad in second gear.

I have the 96 with the i6. I have 150kish on the odometer and its not missing a beat. I would make sure to get that engine over the v8. Parts are dirt cheap for these trucks and they are really easy to work on.