FAQ: pastebin.com/vRytNg3E

Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/fNkbYfc6

Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Just Released
DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released
Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints

Heartful Maman - MILF Eroge
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2232471

>Upcoming Games

Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - To be released 28th July 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
RPG - by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Modern Setting - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

>Mangagamer Most Requested Titles Survey Results
Rance Series (1st)
Evenicle (9th)
Daiteikoku (19th)

>Upcoming Events
Drawfag Weekend - Kanami Weekend starting May 6th
Veeky Forums League 8 - Starting June 9th

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(Japan)
alice.xfu.jp/wiki/wiki.cgi/rance6?page=����饯����
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=957
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=960
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater.php?creater=20996
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=17413
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=18207
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=21168
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The Apostle MALICE would be proud.

I aint reading all dat shit

is the latest rance out in english and link me to dl or else

its almost like there is a pastebin

m8 ur ded thread doesn't have the luxury of not spoon feeding.

Either you do it or your thread dies. simple.

archfiend arunaru in next dhr mod?

Hopefully not

If he wins you get the nameshit end.

When X is translated in 2043 you're not getting a copy you know

Is that a threat?

K, good riddance.

I can read moonrunes

But you can't read characters' real names. You need aru.

I never minded aru because of his name choices, which are generally as valid as anything else, even if I'm already used to the ones we often use here. A I'm also okay with he translating things like Toushin and galmonster names as it's expected in an official translation, even thought I also prefer the way we used them here.

The only thing that bothered me about Aru and nameshit, was how, at least when he was back posting here, Aru would pass his translation of name as the objectively better / correct translation when it's just a question of personal choices.

This week there should be no Staff Diary blog post because of GW. Hopefully next week Orion is on it. Been over three months since the last time he was in.

They probably have him chained up in the basement, forced to draw CGs 24 hours a day so Rance X can release on schedule

he's chained up in Kamilla's sex dungeon

I'm off. Stay alive.

So the wiki suggests that for Rance VI, the levels play a larger role in damage calculation than stats. Does anyone know the actual formulas that back this up?

90s were weird

010's were weirder.

Not really.

Would mg give somebody problems if they did interface patch for X when it comes out?

Does anyone get in trouble for interface patches? Interface patches as the worst. Whenever I try looking for games by tags on VNDB, the translation completed picks up interface patches as well as actual full translations.

Anyone else know much about modding?
There was talk about setting a trigger for Advance On v2 to play in FFA, and I'm wondering if that means you could replace music files to play tracks from older games if you replace the music files.

What does GW stand for?

Would a strapping young 27 year old eroge artist not just fuck Kamilla repeatedly instead of working if he was trapped in Kamilla's sex dungeon?

Golden Week, a series of holidays oin Japan.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(Japan)

>even in 90s animu style Shizuka is still the hottest
How does she do it?

I don't agree with you there.

it's not his choice

According to Japanese wikia physical and magical damage formulas are:
物理ダメージ:攻撃力 * スキルの威力 * (100 - 防御力) / 100
魔法ダメージ:魔法力 * スキルの威力 * (100 - 魔抵力) / 100

Damage = Magic or attack power * skill power * (100 - magic resistance or defense) / 100

And the formula for attack and magic power are:

HP,攻撃力,魔法力:基礎値 * 増加率^レベル + H(オナニー)回数
増加率はどのキャラでもLv35までは1.1、以降は1.05らしい。

= (Base value * (grow rate ^ level)) + times you had sex with the chara

grow rate is apparently near 1.1 for all characters up to level 35, and then it starts getting smaller

The table 基礎値とパラメータ対応表 show the magic/attack value for level 1 to 30 and with base value 1 to 30.

alice.xfu.jp/wiki/wiki.cgi/rance6?page=����饯����

* value for level 1 to 50

If she's glued to the floor, it's not really her choice either.

>+times you had sex with the chara

Doesn't that already feed into the base value? Does this mean that it adds an extra point to the multiplier on top of that? Also, how does this work for characters you can't have sex with? Does visiting Starlevel count?

>Whenever I try looking for games by tags on VNDB, the translation completed picks up interface patches as well as actual full translations.
Do you really need vndb for translated titles? It's not like there are thousands of them. I'm pretty sure there's a list with everything translated by genres.

what's stopping Zeth from just running a train on her

It's easiest to search for what I'm interested in by tags, though invariably all the ones that score highest on the tags I like are untranslated

I try to do searches by tags like "other gameplay elements" and "high sexual content". When I keep getting results like Ikusa Megami Verita and Himegari Dungeon Meister being in English and translated, it really, really pisses me off when the only translation is an interface patch. I'm not sure if there are other lists that get as granular as VNDB does.

I'm assuming the spell stops her from reforming her invincibility field. Also, Rance was able to get Satella off without Chaos, so I'm fairly certain that penetrative sex would work even if she had her invincibility field.

The fact that trains don't exist.

Why don't they run a tank on her?

The invinicibility field is explicitly stated to not work against dicking.

I can't wait for male Kalar to be taken down by an army of Kunoichi taking on his dick.

that's not the kind of train I meant user

I mean if she's sealed why wouldn't the men of Zeth just rape the shit out of her every day, what's stopping them.

it's not like she'll ever appear again in another game and rance doesnt even remember she exists so it's hardly relevant what happens to her from a meta perspective

The dungeon is infested with Stone Guardians and other high level monsters.

Most of the kunoichis assassination techniques are through poison, which was already established to not work on demons. Besides, I doubt they could convince him to fuck anyway.

What if they dressed up as maid Kunoichi?

She's sealed in a high-security dungeon that is usually inaccessible to more or less anyone, and even then said dungeon is also filled with monsters like Stone Guardians. Not a place any random dude can enter, even if they somehow found out that Camilla was there (which is a national secret) and were somehow able to enter.

Well, the game is a little inconsistent about power levels. For example, right at the beginning, a whole group of those slave warriors have problems taking on a single squid monster. Later on, a disorganized group of civilian rioters poses an actual threat to your party

The poison still wouldn't work and they'd be stuck as his eternal apostle servants.

>an actual threat to your party
What? Those were extremely weak enemies.

I meant fuck him to exhaustion. Same as Ithere's honorable death, except more time fucking.

>thinking kamilla won't be in X
Aurora will probably find out where she is and report it back to Kayblis in exchange for some bullshit on how she can revive Sieg

A dozen weak slaves are weaker than hundreds of rioters
Who would have thought?

They weren't when I first encountered them. They were certainly stronger than the squids at any rate

>hundreds
Are you sure? Each individual group seemed to be no more than 20 max. And of course, they're untrained and shit

Does that mean that Sill is a strong slave?

Here it says it just add one point to attack/magic/hp.

Base value is something else. They're values specific for each character and weapon, and are also increased by those consumable items (normal and poison), can be increased by a few equitable items, and also by special events.

基礎値表 This table show the base values for each character, the last 4 with the + sign is the base value for each chara with their best weapon and armor (but without those weapon upgrades).

Oh, nevermind, it's just a formula for calculating the stat that's already displayed to the player. I guess the wiki was full of shit, then.

The slaves are untrained as well and they did mobilize large numbers.

Sill is ridiciously strong for a slave

Sill, however, is not very strong for someone that has sex with Rance and performs manual labor all the time. Rance's level drops between games because he's a lazy bastard. What's Sill's excuse?

Sill doesn't get to do aynthing that would prevent her level dropping either.

She does everything that Rance is too lazy to do. Which is pretty much everything. And yet somehow, his level usually starts higher than hers.

Sill serves Rance. If Rance decides to waste his money on trying to convince a woman to let him fuck her, you better believe that Sill isn't going to kill any monsters and will be tailgating the girl, finding out her favourite clothes, family members, exploitable weaknesses. Whenever Rance isn't adventuring, neither is Sill.

Housework and shit doesn't count as combat, which she'd basically need to do to not lose levels.

>will be tailgating the girl, finding out her favourite clothes, family members, exploitable weaknesses
Are you describing Sill or Lia?

What are the chances of 01, 03, Quest or IX getting translations any time soon?

Sill. I don't think Lia would be as accommodating if he told her that he was interested in having sexual intercourse with whatever new widow is on the market, so he needed to know what to do to get in her pants willingly if possible.

01 and/or Quest hae a good chance, 03 and IX is unlikely to be translated soon.

bad

Oh, you were describing Rance trying to find info on a girl. It seemed as if you were making it out as if Sill was doing this of her own volition in a quest for revenge or something.

Anyway, I can see Rance sending out Sill (or Athena) to do jobs for money when he doesn't feel like questing, but I don't know if they've ever shown him as doing this

Cooking and buying basic necessities doesn't provide with levels, otherwise all civillians would be at their level cap.

Does that mean that Freonscesca was killing Kyan Kyans for her food?

Will she be the Senhime-like girl to not get impregnated by Rance?

Maybe. It depends on how big will her role be in X. Probably not imo.

>role in X
I hope she doesn't take up too much time, was bored by her even back in Quest

Not a day goes by without Shade getting nostalgic about his time at Alicesoft on his twitter. I wish he could just come back.

I'm assuming that he's only remembering the good times, because I can't imagine he was having fun composing for AliveZ and other stinkers.

AliveZ was composed by DragonAttack. I'm pretty sure it was his last game with Alicesoft too, so maybe it was so shit it killed him.
Even the bad games Shade composed for had amazing soundtracks though (see TT3), so I assume he must have some fond memories of those times even so.

I'll have to listen to TTIII's soundtrack then. I've only ever heard the final boss theme from Arunaru's final boss theme compilation video on his youtube account. I remember once hearing about a composer that didn't speak a word of English but was working on early movies with sound and he worked his heart out to create great soundtracks. Only years later did he know enough English to be able to watch the movies and he was disappointed that all the movies he had worked on were shit outside of his soundtracks. That's the type of feeling that I'd think that Shade would have for some of the inferior Alicesoft works.

Works by shade:
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=957
Works by dragon attack:
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=960

And the current 3 composers on Alicesoft:
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater.php?creater=20996
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=17413
erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=18207

By the way, Tsuma migui 3 and Heartfull Maman's OSTs were outsourced to ALVINE.

erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/creater_allgame.php?creater=21168

I wonder why their on house composers were so busy at considering they didn't release many games in 2016..

Who are their current inhouse composers?

PK turtles, DJ C++. Minatsu L.

If I remember correctly, DJ C++ was the composer of Rance 01 and Rance 03. What did PK turtles and Minatsu L. compose?

Can't you access the links I posted there? it has the list of games they participated in.

Huh, I'm used to not being able to access those links. I'm glad they work right now.

So, uh, what's this DHR mod about anyways?

Advance On v2 was already in the music files so it was easy. The thing I'm worried about is how auto-looping works for music files.

Also, I posted version 1.0.4 last night for those of you who didn't read the whole thread. Download in the same spot in the pastebin.

Long term, it aims to be a Kichikuou Rance remake in the Sengoku Rance engine. At the moment, all is is Free For All with every faction/nation in the series.

That sounds fun, thanks user. Definitely going to take a look at it.

To give an example, pic shows who composed each Rance 9 track, which had all 3.

Well that workload wasn't distributed evenly at all.

I can imagine someone getting bored of a lot of characters with no personality in Rance Quest, but I didn't think that Arms would be one of them.

Wait is this a hentai, a video game or both?

The opening is from an OVA, the thread is about a eroge video game series.

>responding to frogposters

I thought that the OP would draw unwanted attention. I figure I might as well let them know the very minimum necessary to appease their curiosity and leave.