is your state based?

>no ugly af front licence plate
>no regulations for air quality
>catalytic converters are optional
>zero inspections
>no laws or truly enforced ordinance on how loud your vehicle can be
>literally anything is street legal
>virtually no limit on modifications
>tasteful mix of EVERY generation of car ever (every car manufacturer was once or still is in Michigan)
>cheap shitboxes are plentiful
>75mph highway speeds
>snow for HEKTIK WOT
>beautiful summer coastal lake side cruising

based Northern Michigan

>catalytic converters are optional
But you're wrong, because removing your catalytic converter is regulated at the federal level so they're never optional. Are you going to get caught for it? Unlikely. But it's certainly not optional.

No inspections or testing in Michigan

therefore getting caught without one is impossible

any UP fags here?

I love seeing hate between states

This is amazing and with time will be remembered and passed on

Michigan: where even DeLoreans rust like Mazdas.

Montana
>no front license plates
>no emissions testing
>no inspections
>80mph highways
>mountain passes
>almost no traffic police in rural areas
>lots of classic cars

Just don't take it to a dealership, I dunno how they would react. Most likely not give a fuck.

I work at stealership on the lube rack we don't give a fuck about exhaust.

>most old stuff has rusted away or is hidden away
>expensive no-fault insurance
>no stancefags because the roads are so bad

front plates are the biggest cuck you can have happen to your car.

Minnesota
>pretty lax all around
>only things they are dicks about is underglow
Good thing it's not 2001 anymore

>be Ohio
>insured roads
>no auto insurance needed
>30% tax in hotels

>no regulations for air quality

>zero inspections

>bunch of manchildren driving loud polluting shitboxes all over the place
>winter lasts 6 months and 300" of snow, summer never gets over 70F

Yeah truly "based." Shame because the UP is gorgeous but it's ruined by trumpfags

>literally anything is street legal

I live in California....
...... fuck.

>no auto insurance needed

>no laws or truly enforced ordinance on how loud your vehicle can be
Can't post a picture for excessive noise. But basically what OP is doing here is glorify third world circumstances.

>all these commies itt

lmaoing in my freedomobile

You've never lived in Michigan. None of that is true.

>freedomobile
You mean cheetomobile, you tubby nigga.

I live next door in Wisconsin, and that is absolutely true about the UP.

fuck any state with road salt.

RUST
MY
SHIT
UP

Meanwhile in Michigan.

Meanwhile in Michigan.

>Illinois
There are no positives.
Stay away.

Meanwhile in Michigan.

>not living in based rural soil

anything with insurance and registration is legal. Ive done drifts in my trans am and had cops compliment me on them

>be kansas
>only inspection needed if purchased out of state, after that no more
>no front license plates
>catalytic converters not required by state

It's pretty chill.

Here. It sucks ass if you're a car enthusiast not into trucks/off-roading.

>roads are complete ass
>speed limits almost entirely 55
>cars only usable for 3-4 months a year if you don't want them looking like
>coal rolling, lifted bro-dozers everywhere

too bad all we got are shitty flat/straight roads

Surprisingly there are 20 states that are flatter than Kansas.

Fuck outta my state, Shillaryfag

PA is pretty shit. All the downsides of Michigan without the laid back attitude. There's also the construction that happens on the same stretches of road every summer that seemingly does nothing. At least we have plenty of twisty touges

WRONG

>snow for HEKTIK WOT

Spoken like the true mid-michigan cowfucker from Ithaca or Lake Orion you undoubtedly are, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT SNOW.

>pic related
>"Welcome to da yoop, eh, now you gonna die- sorry"

Mid michigan is confirmed garbage but anything is better than ohio

I got my state inspection for my straight piped Z28 at a dealer, they didn't give a fuck.

>Oklahoma
>no road salt
>no road sand
>no state preparation for any kind of icy/snowy weather despite it happening literally every winter
>have to bring in plows from other states
>roads and bridges are falling apart from lack of funding
>construction zones last 2 years because of lack of funding
>bro-dozers
>illegals with no insurance
>if a car is handling like it's being controlled by the driver's feet there's a 50/50 chance the driver has (native tribe here) plates or is legitimately asleep
>extremely uptight highway patrol due to OKC being the crossroads of the country and a major hub for drug/human trafficking
>college towns are slightly better in terms of road quality but packed with Asian exchange students and sorority girls wrecking their bimmers/Porsches/G-Wagens left and right
>entire state collectively shits the bed and forgets how to drive the moment a dusting of snow hits the ground
Could be worse desu, the gas is cheap and no one uses state highways anymore thanks to the interstate, so they're usually empty and well maintained/curvy

Don't forget the shit water and air quality because lolscottpruitt

>California
>strong car culture (and bike culture) despite opposition from liberals
>good weather so nothing rusts
>lots of twisty roads
>stupid emissions laws but ways to get around it
>lots of classics, ranging from 32 Fords to 240Zs

Basically this place is perfect except for the asshole liberals who come up with retarded laws.

This shit is only based if you live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and don't even have a notion of traffic.

Once you move to more populated areas you start understanding why those laws exist.

I'm fine with people commuting on converted tractor, back home, but I don't want to sit in traffic for half a hour behind some retard in his dirty diesel fumes spewing death machine.

You forgot about any and all front window tint being illigal and no fault insurance. Not to mention the potholes and rust.

always boggles my mind how strong the car culture is yet the government is totally against it.

arizonas car culture is alright i guess

>Florida
>Flat
>Strong car culture
>Nothing rusts so lots of cool old cars
>No inspections
>No front plates
>Very few fun driving roads
Give and take, I guess.

Hey Kansas /bro/, what county?

Where in WI?
Also
>summer under 70
>bad

ever go to road America?

The ONLY good thing to ever come out of Meatchicken is an empty bus.

Anyone from vermont? got fun roads?

>he can't deal with heat
This summer has been fucking chilly, bro.

yeah, i was looking at an alfa spider earlier but then I remembered i couldnt use it at all for like 5 months because of winter.

anyway, where you at? i'm living in hancock right now.

>Illinois

Honestly, as long as you stay away from Nigcago, it's pretty good. Once you get about an hour out from the city in any direction, it's not so bad. The streets are mostly good, and there's a lot of land to do whatever you want to do.

Are the roads at least of decent quality/smoothness? Moving soon from Oklahoma and the daily commute here makes me want to go blow up the state senate.

Alabama has all of this...
- 75 mph limit (we have 70)
- snow
+ zero rust so you can ride your RWD rod on summer tires all year if you so desire.

And we don't have the shitty roads that MI does (I used to live in Flint for several years; Detroit was even worse). Also there is almost no "car culture" in AL apart from donks and military ppl stationed here. I remember lots of clapped-out J- and W-body cars in MI.

Wisfag here too

illannoy is literally chimpcago and cornfields.

>North Dakota
Speeding tickets do not exist

I love cold

Don't forget the soy

not the guy you were replying to, but im J/o/hnson county. OP specifically.

Here in maine there's no emissions laws so everybody's got a straight pipe on their vehicle and the government doesn't care, I know one guy who's got a chevy Silverado that he's gotten up to 150 on the highway hauling a trailer and it passes inspection every time (turns out chevy Silverados make great sleepers, especially the diesels)

Fuck Michigan yo I've been looking on Craigslist for cool Japanese cars for months now and literally everything is rusted to shit, riced out, and crazy overpriced... all I want is an integra type r or an Impreza rs REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Cheap mustangs tho...

>suddenly, a wild tinworm appears
>living in a flyover state
>being proud of this
> not living in the desert and ripoing up dunes

Currently in West Florida, but moving to South Carolina soon for college. What can I expect? Is it true that there are real mountain roads without any traffic or police?

Shit that's nothing.
Try living right on the beach. It starts snowing in November and doesn't stop until the lake freezes over...

>Texas
>Everyone drives at least 15 over the limit
>Traffic for no reason

every state with no front license plates has more people on meth, with the exception of oklahoma because its oklahoma

Recently moved from Michigan to Oregon, here is a mostly unbiased review of my experience.

Oregon cons:
>Front plate state (my car is still Michigan registered so none for me)
>Sniffer test every 2 years (really easy to pass, but still)
>Can't pump your own gas (what the fuck??)
>The high altitude sucks precious power from my 105 bhp 7A-FE (mostly a personal problem)

Oregon pros:
>Road salt is illegal (HUGE pro)
>No rust, most roads are in good condition
>Easy to import JDM cars being on west coast
>AWD is cheap and plentiful

>nothing rusts

kek

Live in Indiana
>Rural highways in north are in a sea of corn
>Urban interstates near Indianapolis and Chiraq that give you that city vibe while you're doing 90 on a 4 lane
>twisties in south of state
>literally can go to a beach in the north on lake michigan, climb a sand dune, drive 2 hours south and get an amazing prime rib in a "city", then drive straight down to twistie land and fuck cute grills in a college town then watch bobby knight throw a chair.

Based state desu

how many rads does one need to ghoulify a car?

>as many regulations as Africa
>calling this "based"
>America will always stay a 3th world country besides some states like California or NYC

No, Florida sucks
>Rains non stop during summer
>Boomers everywhere
>No mountains or Twisties to toe-gay
>Cars are rusted to shit thanks to humidity and shitty weather all year round
>Most classics for sale are overpriced boomer mobiles or niggered out donks with 24"-26” rims and gaudy paintjobs
>Everyone drives like moron, myself included
Being a Florida fag is suffering, also stop banning me mods I'm not a shitposter

About three winter's worth.

Hence why we have some ridiculously high premiums. No fault also contributes to that.

no thats seat belt's

Sounds like Illinois except for the coastal driving. We do have the MS River though, and that can be quite nice.

I spend alot of time in Florida. Can confirm Floridafags are the shittiest drivers ever.

AL
>no front plates
>no tests
>no inspections
>no snow
>everyone has tinted windows
>can go 10 over limit around cops
>fun roads everywhere
>muscle cars everywhere
>everyone wants to race

Still leaving ASAP

KY
Nobody cares about anything.

>All these Michiganders
>never any meet

then make one.
>find location
>pick day
>tell everyone

Make one. Just don't pick a shit place in Detroit.

KY steals trips
>west of the state is flatter, gently rolling
>center of the state is where everyone shoots up cheap heroin
>east of the state is the hills leading into the mountains where everyone shoots up cheaper heroin

I want to get out of here

Live in the western ky hills region, nice roads around here. I got out a few years ago, it's not much better elsewhere. Would like a summer home in the sticks around carabelle Florida though, would be nice.

The only car culture is lifted trucks. Montgomery used to have a decent car culture then most of those guys moved away or grew out of it and it became a teen cringe fest. At least Atlanta isn't far away...

I go down towards Owensboro 2-3 times a year, it's so much nicer than central KY. Heroin's become such a big deal here, ,the local paper ran something last week saying that as of 2016, you are more likely to OD than you are to die in a car crash. Starting to get the rumblings of gang violence where there's too many dealers so they're offing each other in mini turf wars, and the police don't really give a shit. Makes me want to move up to bumfuck pacific northwest, just to get away from it all.

There are emission laws based on county. In towns like Portland/Westbrook, they do test but in central and Northern towns they dont.

Also, soon we won't have to need front license plates and there wont be tolls on the highway except coming into the state.

My wife and I get up to Owensboro a few times a year as that's where her dad lives. It is very nice, they fixed the downtown river area up really nice since I ran cross county races around the area in high school. We live in Paducah and it's not super nice but OK compared to the country. Have a friend in Paintsville that complains about the druggies but don't get out to central/eastern ky much. Louisville or Lexington once a year or so but that's it.

I live in south-east michigan
Any front window tint illegal (although 35% is not really enforced)
Salt everywhere
Worst roads in the united states
Pic related car insurance monthly

I'm in Lex. I got fucking shot at back in Feb, two dealers had a fight over who had first dibs on my shopping center and they started shooting at each other, in front of my store. Cars are cheap here at least, and it's not too far off to go swipe up old peoples barn cars/projects from Appalachia.

Saw a 300zx a while back that had been parked for 20~ years, no real rust, 46k miles, $1800. I wanted it so badly.

>Montgomery used to have a decent car culture

In 2006, yeah. It's so rare to see another modded sport compact around here these days.

if you're paying more than 100$ a month for a vehicle in Michigan you're underage b&

You don't have to have Cats in SC.. lol because WE AINT GOT NO INSPECTIONS BABY!

>be from 3rd world shitskin country
>literally all those things except for no front license plate and snow apply to me
>also add can give cops $5usd as bribe if you get caught speeding or running red lights

I guess michigan is third world shit hole tier, not sure how that makes you based