/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ashesofcreation.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't play NovaRO with us!

>and switch to jap locale
this is the only thing keeping me from playing on kMS
I really don't want to swap locales every day.

You can't stop me!

Why would you need to swap locales? I've been using jap locale for about 6 years without issues.

Fair reason too. I tried using applocale for KMS once, and it turned everything to garbage text as you might imagine.

anyone played Kingdom of Loot

So I've been trying to sell some platinum hammers in my personal shop for a week now in mabinogi and just got some pm or message or whatever from someone saying that my hammers couldn't be bought with direct withdraw so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. They go for like a little over 2mil each so I can only sell them in Belvast.

Unless you're using XP or below, you can't launch the korean version of maplestory while on the japanese locale.
Applocale is a ghetto fix and pisses Xigncode off

If anyone is interested in joining our guild in Nova RO, our hometown is archer village (outside of payon dungeon). If no one is there, post your ign and someone online will contact you probably

asses for your breasts, sire

>no dark elf asses

at first you may be wondering

why would Shiranui expose her ass?

but i have the answer

it's not as complicated as you think

you may think "oh its because shes a slut and thats what sluts do"

but that couldn't be farther from the truth

Shiranuis generate a lot of inner heat in their bodies and do not sweat like humans do

they cool their bodies the same way dogs cool theirs, except while dogs cool their bodies through panting, Shiranuis cool their bodies by exposing their asses

their asses contain structures known as arteriovenous anastomoses, which link arteries to veins before the two can meet in capillaries. when it’s hot, these structures dilate, allowing more blood to reach the skin surface in order to cool down

a cool Shiranui is a bare assed Shiranui, so keep that in mind

also, their asses are quite sensitive so please don't slap them on the ass very hard

i'm saying this because i know it has become a hobby of sorts with you humans

Shiranui are not for sexual abuse, thanks for listening

So what's the verdict on Albion?

im going to marry booted marcella

Interesting.

this an oldass copypasta. So old that I even forgot Kunoichi existed in DFO since everyone ditched her after her nerfs.

It's shit.

Care to expand upon that?

It's
S H I T
H
I
T

How do personal shops work in mabinogi?
Do you have to stay put while you're trying to sell or can you just leave your shop somewhere and go do stuff?

browser game tier gameplay for at least 90% of the time, you click on a node/resource and wait while a bar fills up, go to the next node and repeat in circles until the first node respawns
sometimes you find a trash mob to whack with your mobile moba tier gameplay

every 12 eons you run into someone else and battle them for a good 1 second, in which case one of you either outnukes the other because of bad gear/too many members jumping in or you ride away with no chance of the opposition catching up
also its unity so everyone has decompiled the game 100 times and made their own "helper" clients

Have a good day.

You can leave your pet in your place if I remember correctly.

Hot damn, that sounds like a mess. How'd they fuck it up so badly? Hasn't it been in development for the past two years with money steadily trickling in during their "early access" period? You'd think they could have improved some of those features if they were so glaringly awful.

red hot kuno ass
>ft. SD

>"us"

>play Wakfu
>finish battle
>hey, look at all this exp you didn't get because you didn't pay us
>it's like 5x more

And now you know why everyone quit.

I mean, nobody played after the beta because /v/ fucked the NA server so bad they had to wipe it which they never planned to, but when f2p started and people came back, they left again right away cause of that shit.

Whats the difference between RO classic and renewal? Is it those weird classes like tykwondo an gunslinger, or something to do with payon and morroc changing maps?

Inorder to sell stuff in mabinogi, you gotta buy a license from any bank npc in whatever town you are planing to in sell and can only sell there. You also need an item bag, preferably the 8x6 one, from one of the general shops. You then place all the stuff you're trying to sell in that bag and use the license to prepair your shop, like naming and right clicking on your items to set the price. When setting the price do note that selling a stack of items(ex. 10, 10, 5), you are selling them all for that price so you'll have to divide them if you want to sell them individually. Once your shop is up you can't move too far away from it but you can use a pet or buy another item called a Brownie sold by the same bank npc where you get your license from for like 3k and they will watch over your shop while you are away for 24 hours(I think they even continue to sell until you log out if the itemer ran out), using pets don't decrease their pet timers so they are cheaper to use but you can summon any other pets. Either way, you still need to be online to continue selling stuff though.

Once your stuff sells you can close your shop and take your license to the bank npc and deposite your license like an item and you'll then get your gold in your bank and your license then becomes unusable. If your stuff didn't sell after you close your shop, you can keep using that same license until something sells. Another note is that different towns have different limits on how much gold your license can hold and sells tax and such, so you have to check which town is the best place to sell your stuff.

tl;dr It's all bullshit

This will never get stale

keknebbal has super saiyans and classic has actually balanced classes

Nigga, none of these indie devs care about the game once the "early acess" bullshit money start rolling in

That...Damn, that's true isn't it? The only one that comes to mind right away for not fucking over their fans after they got money would be Grinding Gear Games with Path of Exile.
That can't be right, though. There has to be more. It's not like every indie dev decides to slack off as soon as money rolls in.

stalk fmages

>classic has actually balanced classes

Who else got a key for Secret World Legends beta?

>>>pre-re
>most monsters you want to farm are things you kill in one-shot

what a fucking lie

also it lists creators as supreme which is true but says BS are shit? CT WS are great

>no reason to party

EXP and MVP and bigger dungeons
I can agree with BG is shit though, hate that trash

>CT WS are great
Great at what exactly?

MVP, PVP, WOE, it's better than Bash for VIT checking.

>Bash
ill bash u fookin ead in m8

Just recently found 1mil plat hammers in Dun with the same issue, was curious why it's not sold out until I saw exactly this same issue

wow
rude

Renewal completely changed the game's mechanics for something drastically worse. They also added more WoW-like game mechanics. The classes they added are horribly designed, with each class playing almost exactly like the next and built in such a way that you just end up ignoring your previous 70 levels of class abilities because they are now pointless. They completely ruined the way the game is played and replaced it with a sad mockery. It was so shit that Japanese RO completely remade the game with their own version of renewal instead of using the official renewal trash.

Daily reminder that Albion Online is the superior sandbox mmorpg at this moment

did /dfog/ really die too?

It died a long time ago.

it kept constantly dying overnight last week so mikoposter just stopped making threads

It lives on in our hearts or something like that.

isnt everything pretty much dead?

>tfw no jro based private server
and you wonder why ro is dead here

I love Mikoposter! He's the bee's knees!

i wish i was dead

just because something moves doesnt make it alive

same

At least you're not bugbug. Be thankful.

its a joke image
both pre-re and re have their cons and pros

also yes most monsters you kill for profit (at least on private servers) are shit you can 1shot with mammonite or whatever the fuck explody skill you're interested in suing

this general is the most depressing one i have ever visited

Same.
But I keep going, because I think that it might get better.

Don't you mean ele?

it won't

fuck this general

mmog was a mistake

living is a mistake

time for all of us to play something together

>tfw no fmage gf

because they don't exist
;-;

I don't think I've ever seen more than 5 people in this general play something for more than 2 weeks together

will it get better?

>will it get better?
better than last year

PLAY ELLINIA!

After the wipe.

The whole 2nd Anniversary fiasco literally killed /dfog/. I haven't seen /dfog/'s posting count lower this much ever since the initial launch of OV in DFOG made 80% of the casual shitters quit.

Server for autists

Do some volunteer work in your community. That way, even if it doesn't get any better for you, you'll be able to keep going with the knowledge that you made someone else's life just a little bit better. That you managed to cut down on the collective suffering just a little bit. And who knows, maybe those people will do something to make another persons year a little better. So on and so forth. It's unlikely, and it's a bit childish to think so, but it is what's kept me going for years now. Maybe one day that chain will reach you, user.
I hope things get better. Keep on keeping on.

fpriest will save dfog...

Or, be an organ donor and kill yourself.

PLAY SPIRIT LUNIA WITH ME!

mmos are for autists though why even be here if youre not one

>quote

It's always good to have a fallback option.
;_;

Kys my man

When will the wipe be for ellinia

I heard it was in 4 months.

Tomorrow.

is Wakfu an ERPfest

I hardly see anyone ERPing in Wakfu. They probably don't do it in public and keep it in guild or private chat.

Is the moebros on Rise of Midgard an open Veeky Forums guild or some private clique?

They seem to be pretty pvm active

I love Mikoposter too. She's literally my Goddess!

Its especially true for albion, after beta 1 with its great success they decided to move the pvpers to a whole seperate continent called the outlands while the pvers have free reign on the royal island and access to all but tier 8 resources. Then they nerfed ganking in multiple ways including a reputatuion system that banishes you from the royal island if you kill more than 3 good boys a day for a week, new op mounts and gatherer sets making you all but ungankable, made instanced dungeons up to tier 6 so you dont have to grind in the open world, and an eve online local counter that tells you if there are any pvpers in the current map so you can just leave before they find you.

Albion LITTERALLY sold out to the casual crowd, if you arent in a zerg pvp guild you will be getting minimal, gimped pvp in the open world where you constantly have to monitor how many people you kill, and if your in a zerg guild you will be nothing more than a gathering and tax slave to feed your top 1% metaclub gvg team

>She's literally my Goddess!
heresy

>not liking girl posters
omg (lol)

>/dfog/
>girls

there's only Tessa...

>mikoweebs
>girlposters

mentally ill trannies don't count as girls

>Ashes of Creation:
>ashesofcreation.com
This looks sort of neat. Kikestarter very soon. Not seeing a lot of info on their site. Worth getting excited for?

Anyways, came here to ask you folks what you thought about Chronicles of Elyria. Seems pretty sweet, even if the core aging and dying mechanics are jarring. /v/ said it was a scam but what do they know?

I was interested until they put the kickstarter up and started selling positions of power and in game perks for large amounts of money. Never going to support that shit and it will never be a good game following that model.

As for Ashes I'm interested to see what the kickstarter things will be tomorrow, but even then i doubt it will ever make it to an actual finished product just like every other MMO like it. First testing won't be until next year if you care.

>Worth getting excited for?
>excited
>for a soon to come TM MMO
maybe if you're braindead

ASTA online
we wait u

Honestly, it is pay to win but in the gentlest possible way. The only things that will last through the first life are the titles and that requires a lot of player committment and skill to hang on to. Somebody has to start as King anyways. Wouldn't make a lot of sense for everyone to be a penniless serf at some random point in history for no apparent reason. May as well use it to suck some money out of idiots.
I think what AoC puts on their KS and at what price points will be very telling.
>next year
I've been looking for a new MMO for over a decade now so that's fine.

I choose to believe.

I want to figuratively smash that Miko with the force of a thousand exploding stars.

someone leech me in ellinia please