Why aren't you driving a passat Veeky Forums?

why aren't you driving a passat Veeky Forums?

Because the Accord is superior

my mom had one just like the one in that pic
it was nice to drive and very practical but man was it a fucking money pit
literally every month something broke, each time it was something bigger than the last
kinda turned me off of german cars, can't really see myself ever getting one unless it's an old diesel Rabbit pickup or Mercedes wagon

I did once, a 2001 5-speed V6. it was the sedan version tho

it was decently quick, comfy, and the backseat had plenty of room to bang my qt classmate after we got out of theatre appreciation. the only drawback was that it burned oil like hell and I was always starving for gas

then I got hit by a drunk driver, and it was totaled. to be honest, I still miss that thing sometimes

I almost bought a Passat, but it was a manual, and was in fairly poor condition, so I got this Golf instead

VWs and german cars in general are for idiots that want to seem like car guise but cant even change their own brakes because brembos got too many pistons

Because mine's wishbone bushings are worn out. Want to buy it? It's a 1.8t with a Triptronic and I only backed my truck into it once!

Can you say the same about current model?

Yeah

Because Golf

Why does Veeky Forums talk shit about vw all the time. They actually make a decent hatch compared to most.

VW's best was never as good as Honda or Mazda's best, despite its superior engines.

>VW
I prefer driving reliable cars

literally only this year mazda is good

Would you rather have a 323F or a Golf III?

Dirty rumenian/gypsy car

Will have employee discount soon, and soon they claimed that they will sell hybrids at the same price as gasoline cars.

At 1.9L/100KM I would buy the passat gte in a fucking heartbeat

such as?

>Passat

almost looks like an impala

>VAG

>the only drawback was that it burned oil like hell and I was always starving for gas

based PSA

checked and keked

My first car (and best car ive owned) was a 1998 passat v6 5mt sedan with 218k miles. Drove it to 238k miles. Only put $350 in parts/ oil changes during that time. To this day I still look out for a lowish miles b5 v6 manual passat

Because I drive a Ferrari.

God I wish we got these in North America.

Around here Passat's are for retarded plebs drowning in debt, thinking they are driving an Audi, always drive with foglights on and hold the wheel at 12 O' clock.

Therefore I would buy the Skoda version instead so that other road users would have confidence in my ability to not kill them.

I do, I own a 2016 Passat diesel

That's a Mazda6 in the front and an impala in the back.

Sounds like a type of mullet

because my brother and my uncle both drive one and I hate them both

i hate those fucking pleb wagons with a passion
every goddamn 20 something year old retard drives these around making obnoxious diesel noises and thinking they are hot shit
i wish that each and every of those abominations were crushed
this car and the 1.9 tdi engine in general has kind of ruined polish car scene because everyone buys a3/a4/passat/golf/leon/ibiza/octavia with knockoff bbs and shot suspension and treats it like it was a skyline or something jesus christ

the worst thing is that they are fairly reliable, dont rust and get decent mileage

i hate vaggots

'I couldn't afford an A4', the car.

But its better than an A4 in most ways.

>dont rust

This is the only reason to buy a vagmobile from the 90s.

A fucking VAG from the last 15 years will probably rust into the ground before an Audi 80 from the fucking late 80s.

The one with a w8 engine is already old and not powerful enough. No new versions with 8 cylinders. A car needs to have an 8 cylinder engine.

Because I drive a SAAB instead.

uggo af

Customer at shop had a W8 4motion with a stick. Thing was honestly pretty cool, except the money needed to maintain it.

Dieselgate

fucking based, could only be more based if it was an aero

because i don't want to drive the only piece of shits worse than GM

this, why the fuck would I subject myself to driving something as boring as a VW.

That W8 was sweet tho
Flat plane crank just like in the Voodoo

I do. It pisses me off but I still love it. I completely get why people don't drive them, though. I have to do the transmission fluid later this week, you think I'm excited to do that?

I was really tempted to pick up a manual W8 wagon I saw for sale, but apparently the W8 eats cam gears and it's an expensive job to fix.

Damn shame, a 300hp wagon would be fun as hell.

You did good. They break all the fucking time.

literally nobody cares

this
fuck these crooks man

Because they all have blown engines or bad trannies

>Saab
>not boring

Maybe in the 80s.

because i don't know how to work on cars

All VAG V and W engines seem to eat cams

t. Non-SAAB owner

i'm not a filthy polack

Why have I never seen this colour before

But I do?
>R36 VR6 AWD

Cause my government hasn't cucked us into small fuckin cars tbqh

>2016 Passat
>nearly 5m long
>small car

>same hp as a 1.6 econobox
>3 speed auto so it's slow as hell
>horrible turning radius so you have to stop and do a 3-point turn in the middle of a race
>b-but it's got a bigger footprint and more chrome

I am :^)

Wow, they managed to make that piece of shit to look decent and all
They stretched its production so much that people still associate Passat with shitbox here in Uruguay
Leave it to the Mercosur auto industry to keep making a model a decade after it was phased out in its original country

had a 2005 3bg 1.9tdi a few years ago. pretty good car. used 5l/100km only problem was the comfort module got wet and corroded all the time (thanks vw for placing it at the most retarded location ever)

I daily one. I like it. And that's about as much as can be said about the 1.8t b5.

Aside from rear suspension, I think they're exactly the same car.

Manual or auto?
>can't find a fucking triple square in any brick and mortar. Have to wait a week to have on shipped to me.
Fuck german fastener autism.

The A4 is more cramped inside.

>Why aren't you driving a turd?

Because they're literally shit?

It's the same thing here user... You do have a point!

my dad had a first gen passat when i was a little kid, looked exactly like this one

gave me lots of memories

then my dad sold it for a few pennies because it was an old car

and the new owner trashed it in a few weeks

Engine sludge.