/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Flubber edition

This is a general for the discussion of the Nintendo consoles and games released on it
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/

>Important News
「!」The New 2DS XL has been announced for a July release: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-reveals-new-2ds-xl-out-in-july/
「!」Helix announced as the newest fighter for ARMs: mynintendonews.com/2017/04/28/helix-announced-as-new-arms-fighter/
「!」Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga spotted in the eShop metadata: nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/rumour_mario_and_luigi_superstar_saga_dx_partnering_up_for_3ds_eshop
「!」More details coming on the newly dubbed Battle Sports Mekuru: nintendoeverything.com/project-mekuru-given-new-name-battle-sports-mekuru-trailer-more-news-may-8/
「!」Capcom reiterates that they're developing games for the Switch: mynintendonews.com/2017/04/28/capcom-reconfirms-nintendo-switch-development-commitment/
「!」Genyo Takeda, father of the Punch-Out and Startropics series, isn't fully leaving Nintendo: nintendoeverything.com/genyo-takeda-isnt-fully-stepping-away-from-nintendo/
「!」Elliot Quest finally approaches its release: nintendoeverything.com/elliot-quest-finally-launches-on-3ds-in-may/

>Upcoming Releases
Japan - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
North America - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
Europe and Australia- nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL vs 2DS Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/j3qx2
youtube.com/watch?v=mUCV_MNgKPE
nintendoeverything.com/rumor-full-title-for-mario-luigi-superstar-saga-on-3ds-is-mario-luigi-superstar-saga-bowsers-minions/
nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-deluxe-sells-459000-copies-in-the-us-on-launch-day-fastest-selling-mario-kart-game/
twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/859129816271867905
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62637702
zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

happening

Arms just looks so fucking stupid and I can't get past it. I'm that person who can't love the hunchback even though I'm certain he's a genuinely lovely person, and I'm really sorry for it.

Do you like fighting games?

I dunno if I would consider Arms a fighting game personally.

What makes you think that, other than "it's by Nintendo xD"?

Can you get stars next to your name in MK8D like in 7/Wii?

They're not my favorites but yes. And I can definitely see Arms has the depth to offer from that fighting game standpoint. Like I said, I'm being a superficial cunt here - I don't like the style, the concept, any of the characters or designs, but nonetheless Arms seems like it has really strong gameplay.

Well yeah, it's a fighting game in the same way that Pokken is, it meets the bare minimum requirements but I wouldn't really consider it a "real one."

It's really more of an arena brawler, but then again we consider For Honor a fighting game, so I guess it's only fair?

Camera position isn't a genre, sorry fuccboi

No but genre conventions are apart of it.

fucking when

I guess SF4 isn't a fighting game if played with that one mode on the 3DS.

So, when Nintendo inevitably refreshes the switch, what do you think they'll change/add? Really, it could only be the hardware inside, right?

NES Remix 2 requires rainbow stars in every single level to unlock the final level. Is it really worth the pain and suffering?

The only remodels that have ever added much to a Nintendo console is the DSi, so I wouldn't count on it.

I wish M&L SSS DX was for Switch, it would be dope to have it with local co-op

never ever

it's time

I doubt there will be much change, just added stuff like mismatched joycon pieces. What we can expect at least is some quality control improvements covering heat, warping, frailty, etc.

But I don't think they'll advertise it. Players will just have to look for the "v1.2" on the back after the system was already bought or something.

HOPEFULLY if the console does badly enough they'll change their mind on the paid online debacle.

They'll probably only make small changes like how it was for the PSP. Stuff like screen and battery changes (either to save money for a price drop or a minor improvement in quality/battery life).

See the price of bitcoin lately?

Remember when we started bitcoin to NX challenge in august?

Anyone else play Snake Pass on the Switch? Framerate issues sucked ass, but pretty fun game. Great for the platform - FPS issues aside, again. It is short as piss, though. Think they'll make another one with more content?

Real /nintyg/ discord here:

discord.gg/j3qx2

Stop trying to harvest my email

mamma mia

Why does everyone float in xcx?

Any chance of another Fatal Frame on Switch?

babt is that really you?

No its gor.

Pity bump.

Wasn't it supposed to be $2,000 real dollars by now?

Also this is the real Official Unofficial 任天堂 discord. discord.gg/bTUwdjC

Are we getting Yokai Watch 3 here?

I'm hoping so, they just announced the third version for Yokai Watch 2.

Oh shit, I was planning on replaying 2. Probably not even worth it at this point

The theme is so great
I've had the melody stuck in my head all day
youtube.com/watch?v=mUCV_MNgKPE

>tfw E3 soon

ye is good

fuck off

Do you guys use a screen protector on the Switch?
I absolutely hate applying them.

Nope. Same issue, they're a pain in the ass to apply.

>my FE Fates Special Edition auction went up to 120€
Looks like I'll get that Switch real soon.

Post your favorite course, least favorite course and favorite racer.

>favorite course
Elecrodrome

>least favorite course
Rainbow road wii u

>favorite racer
Either shy guy or luigi

And yes, I am a faggot that likes -8

how is mk8d online connection/serers on the switch?

I usually get the person at the store to apply them for me.

Should I get a Switch or a 3DSXL? I need a handheld for commuting. Switch is just so expensive and for single player games in the first year it only has Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey. Not interested in indie shovelware. 3DS has hundreds of games, is 50% cheaper, but it's 240p gaming and looks like a toy

Are random ranked races online in MK8D capped at 150cc or do they at some point become 200cc?

>favorite course
Music Park

>least favorite course
Bone Dry Dunes

>favorite racer
Metal Mario (fite me)

There's a lot of good indie games and some third parties though.

>>>favorite course
Big Blue

>>least favorite course
Not sure, I didn't like the highway one when I was bad at the game but now it's fine.

>>favorite racer
King Boo

nintendoeverything.com/rumor-full-title-for-mario-luigi-superstar-saga-on-3ds-is-mario-luigi-superstar-saga-bowsers-minions/

Yes I can't wait for my Minions x Nintendo crossover.

nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-deluxe-sells-459000-copies-in-the-us-on-launch-day-fastest-selling-mario-kart-game/

aside from senran kagura is there any fap worthy game on 3DS (even untranslated)?

toushin toshi?

Wow bitcoin 3x the price.

You're not babt man, just let go.

And your not Randall but you continue to fuck dogs

What ever happened to /mk8g/? Why did we end up being merged with /nintyg/?

>spent 3 full minutes clicking on street signs
I'm not a fucking robot piss off

It died. My understanding of it is people play MK8 on /v/ over the weekends so there's really no need for a full time general.

Should have bought mkx

Best character + kart combo for 200cc?

I'm trying to 3 star everything

Just get the 3DS. You said yourself that it has hundreds of games and is cheaper. That it "looks like a toy" is some pretty retarded reasoning to not buy it.

How about it is for babies?

I hope so

>not playing ARMS and Splatoon over spotty 4G tethered wifi

personally i'd just get a switch for home dock use and spend my train rides shitposting and reading stuff, but if you really super mega absolutely 64 need gaming on the go then the 3DS is for you

Has anyone tried Team Kirby Clash Deluxe?(The free Kirby RPG in the eshop) I've been playing for a couple of days, and it's pretty fun.

I came in here to se discussions of great 3ds games

I got disappointed and are now leaving again.

is the joke that there are no good 3ds games?
you may be right

I guess i could act clever now and say that it was indeed the joke. But i'm honestly just not having fun with my n3dsXL, and are looking for inspiration. I purchased it mainly for the latest pokemon game, but i got bored after an hour ish.

Well what have you played besides Pokemon?

Well i pushed my self trough Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World. It had some interesting level design sometimes, but nothing big.
I'm currently playing Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time, but haven't been playing in a month. I barely got out of the tutorial zone.

twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/859129816271867905 damn

holy fuck /v/ has been absolute shit for a month. i stay away from console war garbage btu god damn sonyggers are literal fucking CANCER

jesus fucking christ

what are they doing now?

spamming the fucking board with there weebshit persona trash STILL

but p5 is a good game

>game
i guess vns count as games on /v/ when sony does it

stop falseflagging

you forgot your name Gor

>tfw playing smg2 for the first time
>tfw finding it legitimately difficult and frustrating in places

feels bad man

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62637702

Is there a MK8D tournament that people play in during the week, or is it dead outside of weekends?

It's this dead all the time, in fact it was revived just now, we tried doing MK8 weekends in the past but people didn't join.

Damn, that sucks. It was a lot of fun back when I played on the wii u, I was hoping the switch would've brought a bit of life back into it.

I mean, that was for MK8, it's possible we can organize a tourney for next week if we are still alive and MK /v/eekends don't predate us anyway.

the 2DS XL actually looks pretty great, like as a thing you can hold and be seen with. It reminds me of the days of the DSi when Nintendo actually gave a shit about good design.

it's a challenging game user, don't feel bad

But DS Lite, DSi and not XL 3DS have a very similar design.

DS Lite and DSi, yeah. The DSi is a refinement on what was already a very good design. The o3DS, on the other hand...
>completely different sillhouette
>two-tone color scheme
>somehow simultaneously cramped and bulky

The only thing I really liked about the o3DS was the jeweltone, and even that was marred by those awful colors. Cerulean and grape-drank.

This 2DSXL on the other hand is a delight to look at. The color options, the way the screen utilizes almost all of the available real estate. The only thing I'm disappointed in is how the power button is back in that same awful position as the n3DSXL, right where it can get bumped.

You shouldn't look at surface-level mechanics to describe a game.

>large case of characters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses
>fast, reflex-based gameplay that demands quick thinking and good timing to react and counter to your enemy's moves
>matches barely last more than a minute or two

>large case of characters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses

This is such a broad description, how do you even associate that with fighting games as a genre convention?

After Mario general died last month I've been in the v pool ever since.

Hope this place grows soon.

I'm surprised that general took off for a while actually, but you're always welcome.

for
wut
purpose

zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

DLC Pack 1 detailed. Also Dual Audio added to the game.

>tfw a new M&L remake's a brewing