Has Jaguar lately became a fucking joke?

Has Jaguar lately became a fucking joke?

>copy paste cars in the best german tradition
>meh interiors and exteriors
>they claim that their cars are super lightweight because muh ingenium engines and light steels and shit and yet they manage to release a little crossover with a base weight of almost 1800 kg
>the same happened with the XE and F-pace
>out of the world prices (the new E-pace can reach up to 67.000€)
>third world electrical problems and assistance

Should the English just stick with producing McLaren, Range/Land Rover and Lotus instead of producing mediocre shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>luxury cars are heavy
Woooooow wtf
The xe weighs nearly the same as a comparably equipped 3 series. Fully loaded with 6 cyl engines they're both around 3700lbs.
Looks are subjective, i like jags.
Adding options racks up the price on any car, which is why they're options.

New car new problems, wait for update/refresh like your parents should've told you

Tldr get fucked op, ftype is da best

Jag made the F-Type. That gets them eternal respect. Their sedans aren't very competitive IMO, but it seems the crossovers are on fire, not that I'm interested personally.

>Jaguar keeps their traditional styling and sticks to their roots
>Everyone hates it
>"Muh old man's car"
>"Muh old fashioned"
>"Not 'sporty' enough, not interested"

>Jaguar starts absolutely hemorrhaging sales to BMW, Mercedes, Audi
>Everyone shits on them

>"Alright fine, screw this, we're gonna make modern looking sportier executive cars like BMW etc."

>Massive success
>Jaguar rebounding
>Cars becoming much much more popular than the S-Type or old stagnating XJ ever were.

>"Hurr you guys why did Jaguar sell out"
>"Muh copy-paste German manufacturer"
>"Why did Jag sell out and start making exciting sporty modern cars people actually want to buy like BMW? This sucks"
>"Boohoo Jags aren't contrarian patrician choices anymore they're becoming popular with NORMIES REEEEEEEEEE"

fuck my ass, that's a good-looking car.
I'll take a V6S manual rwd in BRG please santa

Patrician taste my friend

The E-Pace weights like a bigger category car, how is this normal?

The E-Pace should be comparable to an audi Q3, BMW X1, Mercedes GLA, Fiat 500X, Jeep Renegade, etc.. but it manages to weight 200 kg MORE.

And we're talking about the base fwd model.

>jaguar fanboys will defend this

The Range Rover is very popular in Britain. LandRover accidentally hit on a winning formula where people want a very large but luxury SUV style car. It just happens that the Range Rover was originally wrapped up in an off-roader body so people still expect that from it.

Jaguar can make a new car to buy into this and not be held back by their offroading roots.

Suddenly it makes perfect sense that a luxury brand like Jaguar would make an SUV. The people who idolise the Range Rover will eat it up.

So who cares how heavy it is. Who cares that it can't go offroad. They realised with the Range Rover that people don't want that shit, they just want a big luxury car.

Who cares what it weighs? None of us will buy it. "Muh luxury SUV" and status symbol middle class mummies will eat it up and it will put money in Jag's pocket to design us more cool cars like the F-type.

You realize that Jaguar is run by the POOINLOOs over at Tata, yes?

Yep. They want a car big enough to fit little Charles's rugby kit and Fenella's horse riding kit that feels safe in the mean streets of Esher while daddy takes the Range Rover away on business (golf/coke and prostitutes) trips at the weekend. For that demographic it's perfect

>Volvo XC60 D4 AWD 1.896kg
>Jaguar E-Pace D180 AWD Auto 1.843 kg
>Range Rover Velar D180 1.829kg
>Land Rover Discovery Sport TD4 AWD Auto 1.785kg
>Jaguar F-Pace 2.0D 180cv AWD Auto 1.775kg
>Audi Q5 2.0 TDI 190cv Quattro S Tronic 1.770kg
>Mercedes Benz GLC 220 d 4Matic 1.770kg
>Mercedes Benz GLC 220 d Coupe 4Matic 1.770kg
>BMW X3 xDrive20d 1750kg
>Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.2 diesel Q4 1.659kg

AYY LMAO

That piece of shit weighs more than crossovers one segment bigger

Another German wannabe.

Jaguar lost its identity.

See
Germans are incapable of styling a car this beautifully. Nobody notices a BMW, Mercedes, Audi or VW when they fly by, but people notice Jags.

>1 car represents all the Jaguar lineup

That's not how it works.

>Nobody notices a BMW, Mercedes when they fly by
woah, really made me think

If Jaguar manufactured a shit brick and put a badge on it, and you were to test drive it, you would know that no matter how bad they may seem, a Jag is a Jag.

>Jag is a Jag

a rebadged Ford?

>Ford
>he doesn't know
it's worse, it's pooinloo
oh how the mighty have fallen, the once british empire now ruled by its colonies

>Who cares what it weighs? None of us will buy it. "Muh luxury SUV" and status symbol middle class mummies will eat it up

Confirmed stateside too, if all the housewives I see driving Porsche and BMW SUVs are anything to go by

Jaguar is the only one who claims that it's cars are super light because MUH alien metals and aluminium frames from the moon.

You can't make this shit up.

At this point it does care because the very same happened with the XE being heavier than its rivals...

You BTFO Jag brown shills

Jaguar should get away from tech and just focus on dynamics and luxury. Let the Germans soil themselves with computers all day.

I'd still rather get an XJ than a BMW or Audi. And desu, I don't like the S-classe that much...not as luxurious as everyone memes about.

>not as luxurious as everyone memes about.
because they fucked the interior up with meme gadgets
you don't see that bullshit in a Rolls

They still do alluring design better than anyone else, desu. Even Aston is messing around now.

bitch pls that's citroen tier

U wot m8?

Not him, but I honestly thought that was a citroen before seeing the badge.

I'm "him" and I experienced the same thing.
Check this

This one is similar too although not as strongly

U wot m8?!

there's a family feeling about the 3 :^)

Jaguar is a proud English car manufacturer which is a subsidiary of a street shitter Indian multinational

Veeky Forums

You loved me when I was release.

Why you no more love me?!

You BTFO Jaguar shills

topkek

Don't get me wrong, I love a nice Jag as much as anyone else, but I call 'em as I see 'em. Maybe they hired someone from Citroën or something like that, or maybe they just ripped off Citröen.
>tfw no Xantia Activa V6 btw

>Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.2 diesel Q4 1.659kg
How does Alfa do it?

They take off all the parts that are reliable.

>Has Jaguar lately became a fucking joke?

This is the first time in decades thst Jaguar isn't a joke

nice fucking meme, faggot

Jaguar is the only one that seems to still understand the pantomime aspect of driving.

This. There's a reason people autistically support Jag when all logic says you should dump the brand. I know every car company says it but driving a Jag really is an experience. I have no idea why people keep coming back, it's like a battered housewife with a husband who lays down quality pipe once a month.

>t. I sell F-Types

That car still looks amazing today.

nice citroen you got there mate

U wot m8?!?

THANK YOU

Uhhh, no sweetie, the one providing an experience like no other is Alfa Romeo

Come on now, why would you say that now when it's actually improving? It's not the Lucas days anymore and it hasn't been for sometime.

>even the shape of the hood is similar
top kek Jaguar is ripping the shit out of Citroën now that they retreated from that segment

ayyy the F type headlights look like those

Also that engine has 210 hp, not specified in the quoted post.

Exactly.

Pigfat Jaguar XE has been btfo'd by the Giulia.

Also the English marketing and automotive reviewers are pure cancer, always siding with English cars no matter how shitty and problematics they are.

From what ive read amost all reviewes said the Xe was the new drivers car over the 3 series and they all mention infotainment lag/issues if you dont get the upgraded screen. The ats was best handling but now the xe and giulia are taking the top spot. If only the giulia could not break down every 10 min

>pigfat
It weighs the same as a 3 series, how is that pigfat?

Yeah Jaguar was best when they made two cars only

A high end luxury saloon with a big motor and a luxurious buy sporty GT with a big motor

All these gay 4 cyl tiny cars and SUVs ruined the brand

Based Alfa
FCA is truly the master race

JUST

wow, it's like a new model doesn't have it as easy as stablished leaders of the sector when it just starts
Too many people don't even know what a Giulia is

I'm more interested in those side stories.

Fucking 2mil for a Glickenhaus, a 1700 Evo, and Ferrari getting assblasted by McLaren and Porsche

JUST

But I do, you're one of the few modern cars I legit want

>staged breakdowns by Another Motor Gone
really gets the joggin noggin

>Has Jaguar lately became a fucking joke?
You mean wildly profitable?

>half of jag sales

Alfa fags BTFO!

Well said friendbro

>a rebadged Ford?
Is this a 90s thread?
Nobody told me

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E