>focus ST is 3k off this month in my area 22k truecar with recaro seats
>dodge stealership has a 3500 trade in for any car
>could trade in shit miata for a v8: 27k

What should I do

what do I do?

Is the Challenger a 6spd?

Why challenger instead of charger?

Fuck off welfare queen

I CAN JUST IGNORE THE PAY RAISE AND GET A NEW CAR FOR NO INCREASE IN COSTS TO MY AVERAGE LIFESTYLE. INSURANCE WOULD STAY THE SAME AS I WOULD SELL MY OTHER CAR AS WELL AND ONLY PAY FOR ONE. IT IS ALMOST REASONABLE. I'VE ONLY DRIVEN SECOND HAND CARS AND WOULD LIKE TO SAY I'VE HAD ONE UNMOLESTED CAR IN MY LIFE

>Stupid military kid buying a muscle car/boiracer

kill yourself you walking stereotype

It will still go up quite a bit if you're trading an old shitter for a new sports car

Calm down autism. Don't be mad I earn my neet bux.

Dad-tier. I know they're more practical I just love the old school styling of the challenger.

Yes!

>Yes!
Since the Challenger is a 6spd I'd say get that. Nothing beats the feel of a powerslide. Trail brake oversteer is fun, but it's just not the same.

USAA is still quoting me a 110 for this with full coverage and I'm currently paying 120ish with both of my cars currently (96 Miata / 2004 Rav4)

>I explain it wouldn't burden me financially
>"KYS RETARD"
You jelly?

If it's not R/T save your money.

He said it's a 6spd and V8, how would that not be an R/T?

dont ever say I would buy a muscle car that wasn't v8.

Just can't decide between the two. Hopefully someone with the car could chime in.

I'd just bank the money and buy something real nice when you ets.
But thats me.

No one is jelly of a queer

How much of a loser do you have to be to join the modern peacetime US military. Judging from your use of faggot anime pics in every one of your posts, you're probably some shit-tier chair force MOS too.

Do you live on base, OP? If so, save your money and just take an uber when you need to go offbase.

If you insist on one of those or the other, go with a manuel Focus - you shouldn't go too wrong. A Dodge anything is going to fall apart after 3 years. Pieces of junk.

Whoa boys calm down I didn't read the whole thread. Anyways the challenger turns like a fucking boat. I just got a charger and it's an 8 speed I fuckin love it. No reason to get a focus

>ets
I'm about to palace chase here in the next year in a half. guards had a standing 20k bonus for my job 5 years now. Not saying thats gonna pay for it but I definitely have a good standing with Raytheon and radiance. Not saying I'm leaning on that but honestly kinda leaning on it.

I see an awful lot of dodge vehicles still on the road that dispute that fact

get the fast one. You will thank me later

Get a crown vic and invest your money. Lots of fun can be had with a crown vic.

>i just got a pay raise! quick! let me spend all of it!
stay poor, faggot

Nope, I've been off base a while now. You driven either not testing your credibility just wondering.

You drive both? Is the charger better in your opinion?

Sounds like you guys got disqualified at meps, it's ok bro, the chair force took care of me and I take care of it. It's only a Mongolian motion picture forum. You don't have to get upset.

I've driven both. I do not own a challenger. I did work at a dodge dealership in the last 10 years though and the challenger is just so God damn wide. Big fan of my charger I'd gladly answer any questions you might have but I'm a bit of a novice really

I got a 6 month emergency fund and I'm saving 10% of all paychecks in my TSP that's been trending 7-11% returns for the past 4 years. Seriously if you have investment strategies I want to know I would like boocoo buxs .

>3500 for any trade in
That means they jack up the price by a corresponding amount. If you can't put enough down to finance it for 48 months or less your can't afford it.

You sound young and dumb like guys in the military so go ahead and be underwater on a shitbox?

What's the honest to god cost of both of them with a V8 real talk? I understand there's dealship incentives and regional incentives but my inner jew tells me invoice aint invoice

I dont understand people. I'm an E3, living in a higher end apartment, bought a brand new taco, just got a classic project, paying off student debt, just bought an engagement ring, and other bills, and im doing well financially. You have to be a moron to not be able to live off of a military paycheck.

I say go for the challenger. God knows I want one... but my project will keep me busy

So personally I buy my cars with less than 20k miles and certified pre owned cause I'm not paying 20% to drive it off the lot fresh. And it would depend on the region of course like you mentioned. I don't have true cost compared to sticker info on hand but a small amount of research will get you what you need. I just bought my charger in the last 3 months

Thank you for your service. I was thinking a Tacoma but after driving the miata for a while now. I just want something more peppy but I don't want a blown out c6. What car btw?

>You jelly?
This is Veeky Forums, the answer to that is a resounding "yes", the more these people sperg out about something the more jealous they are.

If I were you... I'd get a used 335i coupe and then begin the descent into super sleeper status

If somebody told me I'd sign my free will away to get yelled at, slapped and potentially shot at daily for a couple of years for objectively shit pay and the bonus was next to zero living expenses and a medium size golden egg when/if I get out alive, you bet your sweet ass I'd immediately buy the most reasonable dream car I could. Realistically now that list of cars totals to Challenger, Mustang, Corvette, WRX and FoRS. 30yo with one of these isn't impressive but 24yo with one is (without dad money)

The challenger and charger are really, really fat cars and you can feel it while driving them.

That's not to say that they're slow - just boat-like.Very comfy cruisers though, for sure.

The Focus ST will be cheaper (than the V8 versions of the dodge bruisers) and feel faster than the V6 versions of those pony cars. However, it's going to be less comfortable when driving longer distances and a rougher overall ride.

You know for a fact that you don't make enough to run and own this thing unless your getting shit cheap insurance. Get a fucking economy car. I know you want to look cool and shit but you will burn holes in your pockets during the weekends and when you drive home for leave.

Keep your shitbox, use your "new car money" to max out your contribution limit into a roth ira and put a significant portion of the rest into etfs
Or embrace the military stereotype and spend most of your money on a vehicle because it is burning a hole in your savings account

don't buy anything by FCA, you'll regret it once you put some miles on it

>why a car that handles slightly better, is faster, slightly cheaper, and wayyyy better looking?

>get $400 pay raise
>buy a Chrysler
Stop living check to check and have some standards holy shit man.

how is dying for Greater Israel going buddy?

ST owner here. Just be careful with the torque steer if you get the ST.

>gets a pay raise
>first thing he thinks of is buying a car he can JUST afford

Wow, really made me think.

You'll have way more fun in the ST

cant speak to the other one but you absolutely will never regret buying the FoRS

torque steer sucks dick. fwd is fine on an anemic commuter econo shitbox, but sucks on anything sporty.

Challenger will get your more pussy and stoplight clutch-dump-offs

Focus ST will get you more fun in the twisties and autist weeb friends

While I don't have an R/T, I do have a Hellcat Challenger. I love the comfy ride mixed in with a powerful engine, but I wouldn't buy anything less than a scat pack. If you get anything other than the v8 the Challenger it feels challenged. Scat packs are a great buy, you get some performance parts along with the 6.4 hemi. It also looks amazing.

5 hp and less than 10 lbs of torque is hardly faster. And it's wider and turns like a fucking boat. Not to mention that fake chrome gas door looks absurd. I'll take the chargers handling and space inside over that boat turning challenger any old day. But that's my opinion

Honestly shit posting aside. Whatever makes you happier. If you are in the military your days may be numbered so make those happy ones. If the Challenger makes you happier get that if the focus is more your fancy, get that. Honestly mate, mad respect for being in military (if you aren't just some catfish faggot) and hope you figure out what makes you happy