/hg/ - Halo General

Colony edition

>The Colony DLC pack for Halo Wars 2 is now available for purchase or for free download to those with the season pass. It contains the following:
- Take command of the mysterious Banished-allied Hunter Leader known as colony and use new unique units to overwhelm your enemies
- New Blitz Card Decks exclusive to Colony
- 3 achievements worth 30 Gamerscore

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/big-team-bonanza

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>New /hg/tage
youtube.com/watch?v=nYBXxSRjMfE&t

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkGtVJVYps
youtube.com/watch?v=NRVz7B2mEWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>current year
>not being made of worms

Spooky

Linda best waifu & unofficial CE co-op buddy

When will they retcon blue team's shitty armor from 5 and give chief back his halo 2/3 look?

Family Picture

I hope we can get this kind of Hunter diversity in the mainline games. I'd love to fight goliaths.

So is the captain one complete colony just like the goliaths?

Nah man, the main games are where no risks ever get taken and where if they change it up even a little bit, thousand of raging autists will descend upon them

343 are cursed to make the same game and suck up to the fans until the end of time.

Better to suck up to the Halo fans than the COD fans for once in 343's run.

Which series are you describing? There's major changes in all the Halo games. People just don't want those changes to be inspired by a competing shooter in order to grab it's audiance.

>biting that bait
And to think these are the people that keep the thread alive overnight.
We really do deserve to die.

The only major unique changes in terms of enemies I can think of are things like skirmishers which were promptly dropped

Halo 4&5 have less covenant enemies to fight than halo 2 did... I thought the games would expand as the hardware got better. Apparently not.

Ass!

They'd make really fun boss fights if they make them huge

Well yeah, under 343 they have downsized.
I thought you/he meant overall

ThEiR bAsE... gOnE.

I was mainly referring to the enemy variety, yea. But I definitely see how someone might have thought I meant the Spartan multiplayer gameplay or something, I should have clarified better.

The new big team maps seem really interesting.
One of them (pic related) is based off of Assault on the Control Room.

Didn't manage to get that Map today, but got two of the other new ones. Any of you lads up for some more BTB this evening? (Monday)

I'd be down for it, I wanna see the new shit

FIRST KILL GETS A FLUFFY TOY

What's Oni's end game?

Oni?

>linda
>not naomi

>the moment you realize Halo has always been anime

Look it's a Promethean

What the fuck is this thing?

The fastest man alive.

So I've never played the series. Is it anything like Marathon? I loved that one

its better than marathon desu.

8 years

8 long years... that's how long it took us to get ODST back.

How come there is no big budget Hollywood halo movie? It's not like I want one just wondering.
Hitman got shitty movie, Max Payne did too and Doom. Haven't watched Assassins creed but heard its bad. And those are just from top of my head.
I feel like Halo could get amazing 3 hour long "boring"(for the casual masses) movie with drawn out detector-cut scenes. Something like Conan.

>How come there is no big budget Hollywood halo movie? It's not like I want one just wondering.
There was going to be for some time back when Halo was in its most popular phase, but Microsoft was not satisfied with any of the studio arrangements/deals. As of now the product is in limbo.

Niel Blomkamp directed the Halo 3 advertisement video called Halo: Arms Race and was set to be the director of the Halo movie, but when talks fell through, he made district 9 instead.
Oddly enough, his second movie, Elysium, has a halo ring in it as the main plot point.

They'd probably fuck it up anyway.

Niel used left-over assets from the Halo movie in District 9 and Elysium

Nightfall and Forward Unto Dawn were made to presumably test the waters prior to this supposed TV series we're meant to be getting from Spielberg, but otherwise, movie attempts for Halo usually flop before they even get off the ground. I'd like to think that a game focused around the events of Halo: CE, or perhaps a re-telling of Halo: Contact Harvest may do well, but it all depends on what 343i want out of the product. They seem much more focused on pushing their own slice of the lore than fleshing out what came before.

Sure. What time?

Where did it go?

>district 9
good movie
i think some dude used an ntw-20 in it

I wonder if he's streaming Halo!

District 9 was great, makes me wonder how it would've ended up if it remained Halo

Probably Battlefront

Why would anyone play that?

It can be fun with a buddy

IT JUST A BETA

the one time ive actually seen it and the multiplayer map refused to load

Between reach falling and master chief going into cryo sleep after halo 3, only 3 months passed.

Seargent Johnson was 78 years old throughout the entire original trilogy.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #304.
The featured map is "Terminal"

>Previous 50 threads
#303 - Custom Warzone #302 - Customized Gamerpics #301 - Easter #300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo
#298 - Scorpio Specs
#297 - /hg/tage
#296 - Main Menu
#295 - Hunter Leader Inbound
#294 - All Systems Critical
#293 - Failure
#292 - Kinsano
#291 - Hayabusa
#290 - I Want to Believe
#289 - Implying
#288 - Re-Write
#287 - Place Your Bets IV
#286 - Exploration
#285 - Warthog Rush
#284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget
#274 - Opinions
#273 - Halo Wars is the only good Halo
#272 - Definitive
#271 - Blitz
#270 - Inauguration
#269 - Also on PC
#268 - Halo Wars
#267 - LOL Cards XD
#266 - Pulse
#265 - An Image for Drones
#264 - 2017
#263 - New Years Eve
#262 - Golden Shee
#261 - Christmas
#260 - 20 Pounds of Pussy and Ass
#259 - Betrayed by the Euros
#258 - Scripting
#257 - Place Your Bets III
#256 - Monitor's Bounty
#255 - Wrath of Balaho

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

Shame there's been no official remake of that map

And John and Cortana only spent a couple weeks together at the most.

holy fuck thats right

Which makes it really weird to me that John was so snippy to his own family about talking about her in Halo 5.

Back when "Killed by the Guardians" had a whole new meaning

you could argue that cortanas behavior would be similar to halseys. since it was a cloned brain, attachment shown isnt from guilt swaying her to save at least one like with kelly or any bias for chief. its the wiring of the brain she came from. halsey has a deep seeded lust for our boy chief

hes autistic

*bias from past events

Why don't we have Achilles yet, /hg/?

that smile is forced you can tell she's sad

Our Leader in a nutshell

>tfw will never relive the glory days of Halo 1 through 3

>halo 3
>glory days

That's okay, halo 6 will bring in the new glory days right?

Halo was at its peak during 3. Prove me wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkGtVJVYps
it hurts

halo 2 was objectively the peak, primarily because there was no other game that even came close on consoles. the moment cod4 came out everything went downhill

When you really think about it H5 is more of a successor to Halo 2 than Halo 3 is.

You realize Halo didn't lose the overall top spot on XBL until MW2, right?

it plateaued with 3 the peak was 2 with live

Oh God this is just depressing seeing how far things have plumetted.
This level of anticipation just isn't there anymore.

Wrong Halo 3 was the peak of the series, when I get home I'm going to post that video of a guy BTFOing that shitty excuse of muh FPS competition that many of the fans like shouting out. Halo 3 expanded on what Halo 2 did putting the community in the forefront. When Halo started appealing to other audiences, that's when it's popularity died. Master Chief, split screen, mp, forge, and art style is just the start of fixing Halo. A lot more needs to be done to get players to become interested in Halo again.

We can't

do you want *those* people back tho?

Theres a few things I really hate about halo 3 (shitty low FOV, slow movement, not being able to see what equipment someone is carrying) but I think it would be silly to deny it's the best halo game. Don't get me wrong, 2 is great as well, but it just falls a little bit short.

I just want Halo to be good again, but no I really don't.

yes but it *went downhill* when cod4 came out

halo 3 from a gameplay standpoint literally didn't change anything from halo 2. all the new features were gimmicks like campaign coop, forge, and replays. there's a reason people got tired of it and moved on to new pastures.

It's like Super Metroid to me, I have my issues with it but I still love it more than any Metroid game and it's still my favorite Metroid after all of them even if it took some things away from Metroid and Metroid 2.

People never got tired of Halo 3, people got tired of Bungie's BS from 2009 and onward. Hell those fuckers are cheating Xbox gamers out of content in Destiny 2.

>pay the same price for the same game as PlayStation gamers do
>receive a lesser product

Thanks bungie!

You ever notice how its only the halo 2 fags who complain about CE and 3 players and generally just make low quality posts

But that's a CE fag user.

Deny it all you want, Halo peaked at Halo 3 and went downhill because Bungie became greedy ass holes who no longer have a fuck about making a good game. But to tell you the truth Halo 1-3 were good because Bungie never had time to finish their true vision for Halo. If you look at Destiny it's a primary example of what Bungie turned into after Halo 3.

You ever notice how it's only the CEcucks and 3babys that are autistic complainers who get triggered over everything

*gave

It truly is

>3 babby trying to drive wedge between true patricians
CElites and H2bros will never ally with you 3 babbies.

CE is my favorite but I also love Halo 3.

Fight me.

Guys this is dumb.
Stop arguing about which decade old game is better. We like all of them.

>that fucking train

Not him but being a guy who started with CE, Halo 2 was the worst Halo game in the original trilogy. From the lackluster and disappointing campaign to the glitchy multiplayer. Halo 2 was only really good for its multiplayer after its patch. Campaign was a disappointment from multiple reasons.
>Arbiter
>dragged out alien politics
>poor level design on Arbiter's camp
>boring missions on Arbiter's side
>terrible boss fights
>terrible ending
I will always be disappointed with Halo 2's campaign like I was for Halo 5's.

>>dragged out alien politics
I bet you think the prequels are bad.

>uprising
>boring

What does /hg/ think of this?

Which ones?

It was

I hope she finds some friends to play with

Here you go you need this

youtube.com/watch?v=NRVz7B2mEWc

I think it's pretty cancerous senpai.

Congrats, Droid.

How anyone can deny that Halo 3 was the peak of the series is beyond me. Halo has never been bigger than it was during 3s lifespan.

The whole finish the fight schebang, the 360 killing it in sales, Xbox Live taking off on the 360, record sales and Halo 3 being the top game. Anyone who denies this just comes off as a bitter shitposter. It's not a question of whether you like the game or not.

its sad she thinks gaming is so male dominated she cant call herself a gamer without adding girl