Just got a new daily driver. What does Veeky Forums drive every day?

Just got a new daily driver. What does Veeky Forums drive every day?

You say """"daily""" driver now. Ctfu

>3 months later

>hey Veeky Forums what is my bmw still worth I can't afford the maintenance fuc how do I get to school now

Nice car OP, 540 or 530? I've been contemplating getting one for a project car

it would be pretty hard to lose money on it, It only cost $2800. If I was still in school and it broke I'd probably drive my other car or my bike lol

540i. Interior is super nice, and the v8 sounds much cooler than I expected. If I was doing a fun project car I think I'd opt for one of the smaller makes though.

I thought the consensus was the E39 (and other series of the same gen) were the last actually reliable BMWs?
Anecdotal, but I DD'd an E34 with 400,000km on it for a year driving at least 100km daily, and it always started second crank. Parked outdoors in the winter, no pan or block heater, -30°C. pic related

'94 LHS. The mini-yacht.

It's a stark contrast from my previous DD.

what performance cars are good for daily driving?

None of them

you really seemed to like that truck, what happened?

Nothing, but before I got my truck I had a Toyota Camry Hybrid. Even though it's been almost a year since getting this truck it feels like yesterday.

Mazdaspeed 3.
Nice daily and not too bad on gas.
Gonna keep this car for as long as i can, hopefully get a ws6 trans am when i can afford a second car.

why not? what about a FiST

The thing about daily driving a sporty shitbox is that you'll eventually want to make it sportier which usually means taking away from the overall ride comfort.

Mileage? I've known two guys with MS3 and they both had turbo issues just after 100,00.

My DD.
Drive 130km every day just to goto/return from work.
Owned it close to 8 months and have racked up over 35000k on it.

im contemplating getting a truck as well for a DD, they will keep running right and not let me down for at least 4 years? looking at a new dodge ram 1500 sport crew/quad cab or something comparable from chebby

>old ass high end bitesmywallet
>daily
Hope you have a second car ohpee.

I do, and a motorcycle

nice, old german cars make excellent daily drivers imo, all you need is to buy a clean example and take care of it.

there's a lot of parrots on this board so most people have no idea how easy on the wallet it really is kek.

How much do you drive a year?
Can't speak for dodges, but as far as my eco goes I abuse it much harder than most.
Only issue so far has been a front diff leak caused by a separated gasket (most likely caused by my own abuse)

I want an older truck to DD. I have an early 2000s car now, but I've been feeling a sudden urge to buy a truck even though I have nothing to tow and rarely fill up my trunk. With that in mind I was thinking about a small or medium size truck (if that's a thing). Something like an F150 or Silverado would be too big.

This, except mine is dark green, and has rust.

>that ride hight

That must be a fucking joke. I refuse to believe someone is DDing a 190 like this

They aren't that bad unless you are a retard. Stick to your GM trash or boring corolla or Camry.

yep ridin on bump stops all day senpai, scrapelyfe.

it's on air dingus. i aired it out all the way to make sure the new tires didn't catch, i drive/park at a normal height otherwise.

Either M3 or my Ranger depending on where I'm going or what I'm carrying

>Owned it close to 8 months

why would you buy something new and instantly wipe away a huge chunk of it's value?

is this the truck you're going to die owning?

thank God you didn't finance it, huh?

Because I'm a massive fool and usually trade in every 2 or so years and yea I do finance.
Money has no meaning to me.

>Money has no meaning to me.

yet you drive 80 miles round trip to work everyday

Toyota Tacoma, my dude. They're all over the place where I live. Toyota reliability, truck utility, and also decently comfy and fun to drive.

Doesn't mean shit to me my man, I spend 100$ on gas every week and don't give a fuck.

2007 CTS-V

why is a rich fuck without any to give bothering to go to work?

thats a nice pic user, looks really clean
10/10 would drive

My commute is like 25 miles a week.

2013 Mustang GT

Because muh salary allows the expense of buying a new vehicle every few years while not giving a fuck about the payments.
Also what else would I do with my time, I'm actually a workaholic and need to fill that void.

Not sure what I'll trade this thing in for next year.
Seriously considering importing one of those x-class trucks into Canada though as they look pretty nice, that or ill finally go full homo and get a raptor.

i drive 500 miles a week, maybe 16,000 miles a year just for school, add another 4k-6k for pleasure.

That's not bad my man, are you looking for a long-term/life truck or just something to abuse and trade?

either or, I drove a 1500 recently, i really enjoyed the ride height and the view i got for driving. lots of retards where i drive (busiest highway in ontario canada) so it was amazing to see so much over other cars

i dont want to abuse it as a DD, but thats what happens to every DD anyways, i'd need it for 4 years minimum, without any issues, after that it'd be a bonus for me to have around

>salary allows the expense of buying a new vehicle every few years

but why are you financing?

you're fucking stupid for asking such a question, financing is always the better option, money is dirt cheap, it is stupid not to finance

Nice cars. I've had a few. I have a 530i e39 right now. Not the easiest cars to wrench on. Typical BMW over engineering. Fresh air duct work going to everything. Engine compartments are sealed up like a Mormon girl's panties. Avoid overheating and replace your fan clutch and water pump before it goes bad. Make sure your electric fan is working properly. Do your trans service. Don't let your oil coolers or p/s pump reservoir leak all over everything. I love the smooth acceleration and handling and love the sporty looks. I hate wrenching on them though.

So long as you stick to highway/city use the 1500 is great stock.
If your planning on abusing it off-road then you'll need a lift as the front end drags due to dodges hotrod stance.

Dealerships give me great trade ins. One day I also hope to find something I intend to keep.

98 ford taurus
just like this pic except the mirrors are black and the driver side door is smashed
and rust everywhere

yeah im definitely not going off roading, not an interest of mine lol

itll just be a commute car, with the off helpfulness of moving things

>money is dirt cheap, it is stupid not to finance

but you already have the money

Id go with either a Chevy or dodge then.
Dodge makes a great truck at the higher trim levels, I personally just hate the knob shifter so I've never bought one.

Wow man I forgot about the Taco, I was thinking all about Ford Rangers because my uncle used to have one or maybe a Chevy Colorado. I know my other uncle is a long time Toyota mechanic so I'll ask him for some help. Thanks for the rec.

I think you misunderstand using money and using money wisely. You can be the richest man in the world and still care about small investments or projects because they all add up.

Financing a car allows you to save spending a large lump sum of cash in exchange for regular payments with interest.

i still DD my 490.000km 2004 E60.
it is a good car

This. "Don't Finance" is sound advice for people who are shit with money and don't understand payments or interest rates and can't make a sizable downpayment. It's generally good advice, but only for people whose eyes glaze over when you try explaining liquid assets and income and portfolio diversification.

I drive a 03 540i wagon Msport. I'll give you a hint on this car. Be very watchful of the timing chain guides. Check your tensioners every now and then and every other oil change I check the pan for any signs. It's preventative maintenance. One the guides go, it's an 800 dollar deal to do it yourself (3k for some guy to do it for you)

The car is pretty damn reliable. That's the only major issue I had with mine.

E39's are great, I miss mine

My E60 is solid as well though, excellent cars aside from the v8 models

Great car, just ensure that the cooling system is okay and maybe do preventitive maintenance: water pump, hoses etc.

>110k miles and counting
Need new control arm bushings and wheel bearings... but I'll just buy another shitbox instead.

They won't fail you until beyond the end of time. Especially 00-06 chebby trucks.

150k, a ton of thrashing, handling modifications, and insanely grippy tires. This thing goes through hell

'95 MX-5 w/ 230k miles.

How many fuel pumps and how much oil did it take?

Just don't buy into the "Use only premium gas" meme.

>what does Veeky Forums drive every day?
Pic related

>better corrode my engine so I can save $2

83k kilometers
The turbo issues are generally more common in tuned mazdaspeeds but yeah they dont last forever.
Im keeping mine pretty stock and with low mileage hopefully it doesnt blow up too soon lol.
Still if it comes down to it i can replace a turbo

>t. only drives shitboxes
don't listen to this if you put shit gas in a bmw you get noticeable knocks and pings

2006 Corolla with a built and tuned 1ZZ-FE.

4.5:1 6 speed swap, ksport brakes and coilovers.

TRD front and rear strut braces, TRD sway bar, Megan Racing H-frame brace.

Makes about 180 HP right now. Need to do some more motor work.

Handles like a monster on tight roads.

'85 Fiero 2M4

'83 Porsche 944. Don't even ask how much work I've done to keep this thing running.

A car known for front wheel drive, reliability, and being the most stolen vehicle.

How much work haven't you done?

>corolla
>handles like a monster on tight roads
[citation needed]

my corolla would probably out handle my gf's supra.
great momentum cars, but not that great for drifting despite what the internet has told me

uh why do people steal 4 door accords? I thought people stole type rs and shit.

Because a fuckton of them have been made in the past 30 years; steal one and make money off parts, then steal the one across the parking lot and sell again.

This since I just sold my Acura. Going to be buying an abarth soon.

Looks a bit familiar. Here's my DD.

One word of advice, lose the M badge up front. Otherwise looks super clean!

so basically im gonna have to start making a 90 mile round trip for school everyday

currently driving an 08 camry, wondering if its worth sacrificing the extra space comfort and trading it in for something slightly better on gas like a corolla or a civic or something

GS-R

not worth it, the bigger car will be more comfy but itll also be far safer than that tiny compact

h-how's my car desu..?

that's beautiful user, do you leave it parked in street at night? ever worry about dindu's stealing it? this is what deters me from buying/fixing up a CRX or integra

Or you end up driving it like a sporty shitbox and kill it.

Has happened with all my fun cars.

my dad drove one of these
said his ass hurt since theres no air seats, but it was fun
the air seats are a pain sometimes too since you can fly high up in the air

Nice broken suspension

Supra confirmed for pigfat barges

are e90 any good?
found 2 2006 320d manual ones for 5700 euro
only problem is they are at around 200k km
If they have taken care of it should I do it as a first car? Will it break even if I do regular maintenance and take care of it? Is it unreliable or is it just expensive only when things do break? Keep in mind parts cost less where im from (Albania) but still I wouldnt want it to break every once in a while.