/CCG/ - Classic Car General

/CCG/ - Classic Car General

Cornbinder edition.

Bring your classic and lets all get rust and gasoline in our eyes together.

PREVIOUS THREAD: >Cars are considered classic at 25 years old

>Everybody has their own taste, enter if it's of age or rarity

>Post your classic, your work on it, and get advice

>Any and all discussion about classics welcome

>Any and all classics welcome regardless of nationality

>Rust is a bitch, and not for the faint of heart; tread lightly

>You will inevitably spend twice your budget, no exceptions

Yes! Binders! Have 1 now, used to have 2! GettinG another soon! Pic is what body style my current one is, but mine is way more rough. It's got the I6 and 3 speed manual on the column. It's a 64 C1100. Factory 4wd with a divorced transfercase and Dana 60s underneath.

>finally get a free weekend to start working on new project truck
>current project breaks down on the way there and needs to be towed home

I guess if it's been sitting for 40 years, sitting a few more weeks wont hurt it.

That farm looks beautiful. Perfect back drop for pictures.

Just got it running right yesterday, front end aligned today. Had a bit of rust clogging the petcock at the bottom of the tank.

Fun trucks, but even with the front end right it's all over the place over 45mph. Probably the mud tires on it. They're old, the thing is from Alaska. Lived all its life up there on dirt roads.

also I want those half moon hubcaps

This truck belonged to my great grandfather, he bought it new in 1952. We even found the original bill of sale while cleaning out my grandmother's house after she died. Last plated in 1974 and it's just been sitting there on the farm ever since. I got the ownership transferred over to me and I'm hoping to slowly get it up and running again.

It's a great backdrop for pictures, I took some of his old Model A before it got sold a few years back. Makes me wish I lived out there.

>CCG, manouvers under the cover of night edition

Stripped, primed, ready for paint. Satin black for now, would like them to be powder coated matte black eventually. She just turned 25 in February,

are you going to make a ghetto booth or just paint it out in the open?

Welp, my gf went back to Houston to look for a job today. Might be the right time to break up, not sure we were ever perfect for each other, but we've had a lot of fun. Hate to think someday I might be nobody to her... don't forget to like and subscribe to my blog

Veeky Forums related, I replaced the sparkies and plug wires on my sweptline but the miss is still there. If anything it's worse, I can feel it a tiny bit when first shifting into 2nd, whereas before it was only when shifting into 3rd (under the greatest load). Tomorrow I'll try new cap and rotor and see if that fixes it. If not I probably have to hunt for a vacuum leak, lash the valves etc. Maybe electronic ignition.

Also we went to a wedding in Dallas this weekend and I test drove a CJ5 I found on CL. Super fun. Apparently I'm not completely shit at driving stick, the clutch in my truck must just be trash.

>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old

So my 91 civic is a classic? Okay.

Has it received a few simple mods?

>ed6 hatch
>not at instant classic

literally started the tuner craze and jdm popularity

Gotta rant. I picked up the 53 on Saturday, and the days before hand the guy was talking about all the work he had done to it (including new brake shoes and wheel cylinder that week), how there was no rust, and the locks worked.

Come today, get it up on the lift; LF brake doesn't work at all, RF shoes are destroyed, and the rears, though good, are clearly dated. Also found rusted bottom of the door, and other areas. Still have yet to get the locks to work.

But, I changed the oil, ordered new brake parts, and cut off the exhaust, so I've got that going.

I'm starting to wonder if its worth the time and money to fix this car up... mechanically its sound, but it needs a lot of minor things, interior/body work... And even if i fix everything up, it's a car that I can only drive at 55mph...

If you where not willing to work with it why'd you buy it?

Got told by one of the mechanics that works at the place I dropped my falcon off at that he saw that they got the blinkers to work when he walked past it, but it still need to be tested buy the owner etcs, finally happy to get some news on it.

to drive it

think he meant if he wasn't willing to deal with mechanic problems, why'd he get it

Paint it satin or matt black, paint the wheels gloss red, paint the bumpers silver.

Easy mode.

Who are you talking to?

>tfw your Veeky Forums bros don't read your blog
this is a difficult time for me fellas, I have to do the dishes myself for the first time in 4 years...

>tfw the dude selling that pontiac 400 motor locally sells it out from under you. Dunno what I'm going to do now since literally no one around me has one for sale and no crate motors exist.

Out in the open, no time to make a booth, I have places to go! I'm pretty good with a can of paint. Ppl always have me spray their cars or trucks. This is what the rear looked like prior.

Timing advanced too much? Maybe it can't retard it enough when under load. A vacuum leak wouldn't necessarily make it miss, but have a stupid high idle.
Also sorry about your girl :( I miss my girl from 4 years ago, the one that got away.

I know, easy mode... but i was hoping to have something a bit classier.... granted its gonna have plywood door pannels and rattle can paint...

I ordered the parts for the brakes. So once those are fixed, gas tank is hooked up, and the glass is replaced, maybe it'll just be cheap shit. I'm thinking some rust killer on the rust, and try to fiberglass over it. I can't weld, so i wondering how to fix the fender corner..

Fiberglass or bondo if you must. Although I'd find a fab shop that could do it for you, the welding that is.

Howdy y'all how ya doing?

kys my man. This isn't your blog. Even kkk wouldn't post that blatant of a blog post

Is this a classic car?

Is it you that's the homosexual furry, or is that someone else?

I guess as long as it's just the bumpers it shouldn't be a big deal. I would be worried about getting dust and plant material stuck in the wet paint.

I'll take somewhat Veeky Forums-related blogposts over the rampant shitposting that's infested the rest of the board desu.

It was a blog post with a couple of sentences to make it Veeky Forums related. He just wants validation

Go up to michigan and buy one mate
a guy in whittemore has them

Pretty good, I sold the Acura yesterday and am picking up an abarth this weekend

Usually there is a little, but wet sanding and spot treating takes care of that. Keep in mind it's just a work truck too

tbf you're right, but there was clearly more Veeky Forums related stuff than blog. I've been trying to solve the miss with this motor for like a week, it's making me nuts

Gonna install a battery kill switch in the dash of my Fury because it's got some kind of intermittent draw. I've seen some fancy wiring diagrams that disconnect the alternator before killing the circuit, but I think I'm just gonna run battery cables directly from the negative terminal to the switch

Good luck with the miss and the girl man

Thinking about buying this.
Don't know anything about it other than it runs great, and it's obviously a 70-72 long bed. I really hope it's a 300 six because that's what I'm in the market for. If it's a good deal I'll go take a look at it but it is over half an hour away.
Only listed for a grand, thinking I'd offer 800 but still happily take it for 1000. Thoughts?

is it just a block or does it need rebuilt? I'm on a budget of $4,000 and I don't think I'll be able to afford the machine work if it hasn't been done already or enough for the parts to build it.

Does this count?

I responded to you about the miss. See
Good luck.

Currently have some 27x15 dry rotted tires. Should I spend the money now to get some good white walls while I continue to fix up the car but could mess them up, or get a new set of 24x15s for 100 bucks And just get the white walls after the car is finished.

Just worried the 24s will look way to small on the car?

Half an hour? Damn thats far.... shit, if it runs, drives, and stops, and the corners arent gone, 1k is a steal.

Of get the white walls. It would look bad ass. They are easy to take care of. I have white letter tires on my truck and there is a cleaner that brings them back to life.

Course it does. What's in it?

>half an hour
>far
I drove 3 hours to check out a car last month. Didn't even get it

dont buy new tires until youre ready for them. Tires have a shelf life so if your project drags on for years youre just throwing away money, and like you said you can fuck up the tires by accident. I bought new tires for my project car and a month later I accidentally caught a trash can on fire in my garage. Walked in and saw a burning trash can and a couple tread blocks on one of my tires were on fire.

Built 350 engine with the Turbo 350 transmission. Some other small mods, but mostly stock. Still has shit brakes, shit suspension, and the interior is in a constant state of being worked on. It's got a Berlinetta trim package but instead of the shit factory 305 it's got a built 350 instead.

I like the wheels on it. American racing?

Just worried cause ill be doing body work while they're on. Figured some cheapos to drive it on for now.

I was hoping. I went 3.5 hours to get the 53. 1.5 hours to look at a car the guy was lying about

Yup.

So $100 tires it is. The ones on it currently are from the 50s... So dry rotted is an understatement.

I've gone much further for cars than that before, except I've known exactly what they're like when I have lol.
I was just wondering if that'd be a good deal. Gonna try and call the guy and get more info

Shit...some GMT400s are classics now.
Love mine to death, think it's the greatest truck in the world. Hard to tell myself it's a classic though

Machine work should not cost you anywhere near 4k, I just sent in a bad 400 and it cost me 500$
Rebuild kits from ames performance or summit cost like 700$.
Just be smart about your money 4k should be able to get you far.

Are you going to be driving the car at all? Maybe it's my experience in a shitty town but used tire places don't do warranty here and I've had ones that stopped holding air within a month. I don't replace tires that hold air anymore unless I'm getting new ones

Just found out it's a '70 with a 360 and an automatic.
I want a 300 so bad but this seems difficult to pass up. My sister has a lifted '76 with a 360 that just threw a rod right through the block and it's getting a fresh 390 soon, so it's hard not to associate the 360 with that lol

You should be able to rebuild a pontiac 400 for way less than 4K.

You don't want a 300 man. Trust me.

I do. All I own is V8s and I want a badass sounding, reliable straight six that was put in trucks for over 30 years. I'm a Chevy guy through and through but I adore the 300 just from what I know about it. Have you been one of the very few to have issues or what don't you like about it?

Poor little 92 is old.

Mine is also a 92. Fresh 350 though. Hard to believe that was 25 years ago.

It's mostly gonna be a Sunday driver or date night car while I work on it. Currently cant lock it up sooo...

Interior shot of the green beast

Not everyone is a power and 1/4 mile time simpleton like you

I had a slant 6 in a little dart... my friend had a straight 6 in his 59 ford. We tried to drag race once... we never made the highway speed limit. 6s are reliable, but it's gonna be hard to keep up with traffic.

Plus a 360 is hardly better lol. There comes a point where slow is just slow and it doesn't matter how much slower something is. Until you get into can't-even-make-it-to-70 territory. Slow is part of the charm of these old trucks.

>Badass sounding
Unless you built the fuck out of it, it won't sound badass. And if you build the fuck out of it, it won't be reliable.

They're reliable engines, but god damn man, you don't need to be a speed fiend to be underwhelmed. Mine ran 22.9 @ 59mph at bandimere.

That's painful. 360 would be a better motor.

Meh, I personally love the sound of the 300 totally straight piped and maybe with the right headers. I'm just getting an old Ford to cruise around in anyhow, I have a different truck for actually getting used and going places with

I feel that my man. Personally, I'm not a fan after 3 years of this motor. American vehicles deserve a V8 in my book

I've always been of the same mindset but have made an exception for the 300. It'd be cool for me to have a straight six that's bigger than one of my V8s too lol

Nice, one of my pics made OP.

Buy my 69 1100.

That's my 53 Flathead! Maxs out at 65... maybe...

Haha, mine is getting a fresh 350 as of right now. Picked one up for $150 with 94K miles on it. Motor is mint. Went through the whole thing and it's super clean. Yours got a 5 speed?

Good deal. I bought my truck with a 7k mile Goodwrench crate motor. And nah it's got a 700R4 and seeing as it's my daily it's preferable for me.

Here's a picture of the old guy. It's a short bed, since that isn't apparent in the photo.

Anyone here used an ozone generator to remove stench from old vehicles? I bought one on amazon and just set it up in the SS. I'll give a report when it's done.

Nice GM crates are always good. Jealous of the 7K miles though. And looks like your cab mounts are getting weak. I just replaced mine!

>mfw I should be driving a pristine black model a coupe rn but grandpa sold it just before I was old enough to drive.

I'll likely never be bequeathed anything of value.

I found a craigslist article the other day- "Grandfathers car, passed to father, passed to me. For sale"

56 Rocket 88, black, beautiful. Cocksucker saw nothing but dollar signs.

>tfw my dad had a '69 Trans Am but his fucking brother crashed it
>tfw I'd be driving that trans am today if he hadn't

My grandfather sexually abused me for years causing years of catastrophic emotional and personality failure and turmoil.

But tell us more about your mean horrible grandfather who didn't give you a car. Whiney ass little fagot. Do you expect to be handed cars your whole life you entitled little fuck. Buy your own cars.

Human garbage

Agreed.

Okay you've convinced me.

>be broke with divorced parents
>dad can't keep his hotrod on his property anymore
>not up to date insurance, sitting on flats
>gives it to me
>we get it towed to moms house
>their property management is even stricter
>need it gone ASAP
>no money to get insurance up to date 'cause only 16
>dad didn't want to help out
>mom couldn't afford it, and it was an eyesore for her in the driveway
>had to scrap it

My dad still holds it over my head, but I don't know what he expected me to do with it seeing as how I was still walking to work 3 miles everyday just to help mom with bills.

Thanks, anonymous. I'll wait for the check in the mail.

>waaaaah he touch my peepee
Boo fucking hoo faggot. That was over years ago. I'd have a bad ass car right now if my grandpa wasn't a dick

Yes, they are a life saver. I left seafood in my corvette for 24 hours, baking in the july sun. I was certain I ruined the interior. But 13 hours of ozone and it was completely gone. The interior will smell a little bit stale for a month or so but its not a bad smell and it goes away as if nothing ever happened.

Sweet. I had a mouse nest behind the back seat. Running a 2 hour course today and we'll see how it turns out.

Sucks to suck nigga. He did give me his pickup with less than 50k miles on it so blow me (after you clean up grandpappy's cock of course).

That's just sad. I just wish I had more of grandpa's stuff lying around at this point.

>reeeeeeeeeeee my grandpappie sold something he spent 10s of thousands of dollars on
>reeeeeeeeeeee i expect everything to be given to me

I think what looks like cab sag is just from pic related which is just a different angle of how my truck is in the previous picture.
Could be wrong but vehicles here absolutely don't rust and I believe bad cab mounts are inhibited mainly by rust

Found the faggot. Readings over 1.21 gaywatts.

Too bad your grandpa wasn't attracted to you because you were an ugly little butter face piece of shit. Then you could have blackmailed him for the car.

Ayyyy I have the same little seat console thing in my C10, its breddy good. Was hard to find a decently useful short one since the throw on my reverse is so long towards the seat (4 speed).