Jeep is worth more than Fiat Chrysler

>Jeep could be better off without Fiat Chrysler (FCA-IT), according to a note from one Wall Street analyst.

>Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas issued a research note Monday that walks through a sum-of-the-parts analysis that suggests Jeep is worth more than Fiat Chrysler. The analysis puts Jeep's value at 120 percent of Fiat Chrysler's market capitalization.

>The iconic off-road vehicle brand alone could account for nearly half of all Fiat Chrysler's sales by 2018, Jonas said.

>At the moment, Fiat management has not publicly discussed any plans to spin off the brand. However, on an earnings call in April Jonas asked Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne if he would consider spinning off both the Jeep and Ram brands. Marchionne simply said "yes."

>Such a deal might be similar to Fiat's spinoff of its high-end Ferrari brand in late 2015 and early 2016.

yahoo.com/news/jeep-could-worth-more-without-194300130.html

thoughts?

jeep makes nothing but shitboxes, how???

America is a nation of blind nostalgiafags.

Anyone is better off without Fiat.

the brand is iconic, and the wrangler is ironically, one of the last good looking SUV's out there, because it's mostly kept the same design since it's inception. So it's remained untainted by car design trends such as angry faces or 90's blandness.

They are also fairly affordable, with a range of price options. You can still get a shitty patriot for 18k, and a cherokee for 23k

>Fiat splits off Jeep and Chrysler dies
would be poetic, considering thats how AMC died when Renault offered it's chewed up corpse for sale and Chrysler swept in and bought Jeep and Eagle's leftovers and left the rest to rot.

I fucking hate how dealerships can unironically move $75k Wranglers with a bunch of nigger-tier "mods" because some boomer will eventually buy it just so he can feel safer in a half inch of snow

pretty sure boomers are not the audience for those. chads are

why the hell would anyone under the age of 40 finance a car this expensive?

stupidity knows no generation

Fiat BTFO

Is it Chrysler's destiny to be passed around by European automakers like a two bit whore for the rest of eternity? Perhaps they'll change it up and be bought out by Nissan next.

>bought out by Nissan
Oh god, anything but having that huefrog own the company would be better, putting a bullet to it's temple for example

I wish Chrysler wasn't such garbage. It has a cool name and a neat history.

>Whitten Brothers

aayyyyyyyy

>tfw there's only 2 fully American automakers left, and even they have shrunk considerably in the past 10 years
>they could all one day go the way of the British industry, all the formerly british car brands owned by foreign companies

I weep for the industry.

though the idea of Jeep splitting from FCA does make me think.

How would that even work? Like, how does this sort of thing happen? I mean, absorbing a company is easy, but how does a company go about splitting off a branch of itself to go out on it's own?

If that happened, what would jeep be? An American brand again now that it's no longer tied to Fiat? Who would even head such a split?

The idea of a Jeep split creates many questions to me.

>>At the moment, Fiat management has not publicly discussed any plans to spin off the brand. However, on an earnings call in April Jonas asked Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne if he would consider spinning off both the Jeep and Ram brands. Marchionne simply said "yes."

the bigger question is, if Jeep is so valuable, why would FCA ever actually consider splitting it off? Wouldn't that mean it's no longer part of fiat? if Jeep brings in all that dough, why not keep it forever? I mean, selling it is one thing, but allowing it to just up and leave?

How has Ford shrunk? If anything they've gotten bigger
Who gives a shit if Mercury died? It was a cheap rebrand that competed against the Ford offerings

Chrysler's problem is they haven't been courted by the correct foreign investment, look at Volvo and Jaguar/Land Rover have done since being taken over by foreign investors, they've put out solid products that compete effectively with their German counterparts

I would say the "one ford" program was basically a giant cost cutting measure. Not only did they kill mercury, but they stopped doing region specific vehicles and started selling the same 4 cylinder shitboxes everywhere instead. (although they seem to have gone lax on that seeing as how there are certain region specific models again)

I don't know, there's something to be said for a company with a history tied to a specific nation, being run by that nation, and not by an entirely different nation with different goals and different ideas on what makes that company.

call it sentimental nonsense, But I'd rather have an American car company run in America by Americans, than in Italy by Europeans

>I weep for the industry.
Why? Let the best rise to the top and let the feeble die off, the consumers will be better for it. That's capitalism.

It was, there's no arguing that, but it was also the best move possible for Ford, killing Mercury was necessary and having region specific vehicles was more costly than what it was worth
I agree with you, the problem however is that American companies/investors want the ROI turn around at an unrealistic time table, they don't realize it takes time to right a ship and Cerberus was a perfect example of that, they would need a company that understands what they are getting into and what needs to be done, the problem is they have to replace the LX platform as soon as possible, then bring back a compact and mid size offering that isn't complete shit, then they could turn around and sell it after the platform has been on the market for a few years with new ones in development

It's literally impossible to enter the industry anymore because of how high the cost of entry is.

This is why Obama bailed out the auto industry in the first place. because while in theory, sink or swim, let companies lie in the bed they made seems right, in practice it's stupid if you want to preserve the industry, because the harsh truth is if they go, that's it, no more US auto industry.

there hasn't been a brand new American automaker since the early 20th century. literally the entire industry is composed of consolidations and companies that began in the 1910's, and since then they've all died off or merged with each other

and as time goes by, the cost of entry gets higher and higher. in the 20's, as long as it had 4 wheels and an engine there was very little else to worry about, but these days especially, with all the safety equipment, engine, emissions, and general R&D required to create a new vehicle, only a billionaire could ever hope to start a company, (Like Elon Musk did, and even then, Tesla is on shaky ground) and most are not interested in doing so.

to add to this- thats why most new automakers in general, tend to go straight into supercar development. because they can actually sell a car at low volume and at an exorbitant price and stay afloat, without worrying about mass production costs and headaches

If your company makes more than just cars, entry is still very possible. Also the reason honda doesn't need bailouts, ever. But, yknow, americans

>WE ONLY MAKE (THING)
>THAT'S PROOF WE'RE GOOD AT MAKING (THING)
>*gets BTFO by a company that also makes lawnmowers and sewing machines*
>FUCK
>*loses shitloads of money when thing doesn't sell well*
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Apple, for instance, could easily release a car but

>we only make (thing)

to be fair would you seriously want an Apple car

Honestly, what would be different about them from Tesla? Tesla ha proprietary nanny sensors that snitch on you when you get services, I imagine the Apple would probably be streaming real time stats of their cars to their servers so if you tried to lie to the dealer, you'd be fucked

I know that dealership.

People would.

>boomers
>top zozzle

Jeep would be much better off without Fiat or chrysler. it started going downhill the moment chrysler got their hands on it and hasn't stopped.

Only saving grace is that FCA finally caved to the jeep pickup people have been asking for for years since people realized that Comanche used to be a thing

Mercury used to be their performance line

Iacoca was right to buy it.

Chrysler would of died after he left if it wasn't for Jeep.

southerners.. because lack of money, isn't the reason for poverty.

This. People seem to forget that Mitsubishi and Hyundai are car manufacturers SECOND.

jeep is literally the crossover division of fiat chrysler though

>Cerberus
those rapists did unspeakable things to so many great American brands