Motor Oil

Have you prayed to our synthetic god today Veeky Forums?

10w-40 semi synthetic shitbucket club here

MOEBILL JUAN

why the fuck did you go with semi-synthetic and not one or the other? fucking oil-mixing degenerate

5w 40 feels a little thick in the subtropic winters.
>Cold idle 5kg/cm2
>Warm idle 2kg/cm2

Shit my pants when I saw it hit the no pressure needle the other day. Turns out it was a loose ground.

My goddamn heart, man, I almost crashed pulling over.

5W30 fully synthetic here,

Using Mobil Jewaan ESP

I normally use 5w30 but my cousin is telling me to use 10w40 because of a little lifter tick

I use 0w40

Mobil1 0w-40 Europeen

5w-40 Redline and probably going to go to 5w-50 soon.

Just a question.
It's time to change the oil (already did 10k on it). I have the option to continue using Castrol Magnatec or change over to Total Quartz.
Getting it filled with Selenia Pure Energy is a no go, since the shop I go to doesn't have it.
What do?
Oil is 5w-30 fully synthetic for dpf/start-stop.

Oil is oil mate, the only difference is additive - even then it's just a matter of changing the oil at specified distance/times.

15W-40
Mineral oil

Filthy synthlovers

Yeah, I know. But engines usually tend to like a specific oil(s).
I guess I'll stick to Castrol, since people usually say Fiat engines like it.

Should i switch motor oils depending on summer heat and winter cold.

I just did a simple test, I cut open my used oil filter and after dissembling it, I dragged a strong magnet across the filtering material, IT WAS FULL OF METAL PARTICLES! Figured out later that the particles where from me sawing the metallic filter housing.

5w-30 napa full synthetic going for 7.5k miles between changes. burns about 1.5 quarts between changes and i top it off with some old castrol 10w-40 non synthetic.

I hope this is bait......

wouldn't it be the other way round?

I would use a thinner oil for lifter tick because lifter tick usually mean the lifter isn't filled with oil

Thicker oil reduce engine noise

Yep and thinner oil is easier to move in cold weather

5W-30 fully synthetic LL spec and all that jazz
mixed with some weird additive that gives me those sweet extra km/L.

Same here

Its a diesel shitbox and the oil is dirt cheap, like ~15€ for 5 liters. Only in winter I kinda wish for slightly lighter grade oil.

Is that... fudge?

I think it was that someone poured windshield washer fluid into the oil fill port

Did my car's first oil change last month, 2800 miles on the break-in conventional and then now so far 1500 on the semi synthetic 5w20 the dealer recommended.
>3 mpg increase from conv to semi synth
May go all in and when I do my winter oil change in Nov go up to full synthetic 0w20. Car recommends 5w20 but winters get cold. I'd only be running the 0w20 from November to April or so.

Is it OK to use 5w-30 in my Focus? Manual says 5w-20 but it's expensive in my 3rd world shithole. It doesn't get very cold here (-5c max) neither very hot (35c max)

0w-20 full synthetic.

semi-synthetic = conventional in USA

yes it's fine

only use factory OEM motor oil

We also have semi-synthetic you dumb dumb

>not using the best motor oil in the world
It's true, no one on Veeky Forums actually drives.

>do an oil change on my old shitbox
>full synthetic
>realize I just blew twice the amount of money on an old shitbox
Next time I'm getting conventional

>Not using the most overpriced motor oil in the world
ftfy, famalam.

Group III oils aren't really synthetics, and in other countries it is illegal to call them synthetics.

ITT: Poor fags who dont stabilize and enrich thier oil with siberian white tiger oil. Made from the ground up and pressed body fat of the rare white tiger. Purified with the heat of a volcano lava pit fed fresh female virgins daily, refined by 1000 passes through a quantum mesh molecular restructuring filter process.

Dont hate yourself and your car. Love yourself enough to be the Tiger.

I would, but doesn't that stuff come out of the bottle already dark as shit?

Yep, and its not you nigger.

You can get some with out the purple color.
Also it's good for like 15,000 miles, so just check your odometer.

Cool, I'll check it out then. My car's due in the next 500 miles. I'll change it out within 50 or so.

I only use Motorcraft in my Ford.

>Royal Purple shill
>On MY Veeky Forums
Fuck off outta here, shillster.

Running 5W-20 Castrol high mileage synthetic in my little 2.2 four cylinder. Changing it every 3000-3500 miles. She purrs like a kitten.

What's the best oil filter money can buy? I have used damned near every brand there is and can't really tell if they're any better or worse than one another.

Would it be acceptable to buy cheap filters and just replace them more often?

Also PROTIP

WAL-MART has the best prices on motor oil by far.

>thinking I'm samefagging

>shilling
>facts
Pick one.

Rate my oil lads, just bought this bottle for £6 in teso

shit

>British shit

10/10

samefag

>changing synthetic every 3K miles
Autism.

10/10

This. If you change synthetic before 7500 miles you're just throwing money away

10/10 tbqh lad, former castrol employee here also

Recommend using factory filters, especially if you're driving an Asian vehicle

When I can do it for

Damn right.
Wish they sold my god in normal stores though.

Why is there titanium in it?

"Destroys your engine so you don't have to!"

Mobil 1 0W20 lego

Anyone else using 5w-30 in place of ow-20 meme lubricant prescribed by the manufacturer?

Then what do you call mineral oil?

Its cheap as dirt

conventional oil. But only in USA are oil salesmen are allowed to call mineral-based oils "semi-synthetic"

10w40 Castrol Edge high mileage here