/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #492

''You can never escape the lighthouse here'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12662425
strawpoll.me/12662462

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/4237053
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900079718
i.4cdn.org/v/1493667120642.png
youtube.com/watch?v=9zpRz8OICuk
youtube.com/watch?v=N5kKenry2kU
youtube.com/watch?v=F4XadtBzQS0
youtube.com/watch?v=4prwQ6NFGaU
membership.square-enix.com/register
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Max will never tie Victoria up
>Max will never humiliate her and take pictures of it
>Max will never mount her face and ride it
>Max will never put on a strap-on and fuck Victoria
>Max and Victoria will never cuddle afterwards

Life is unfair ;_;

Getting close to 500!

It's a shame all the artists have gone so we probably won't get any commemoration ;_;

I'll talk to QTori and see if she can do something for us

Max is #1

Pricefield.

I agree

Go back to your cell Jefferson

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Chasefield > Pricefield

archiveofourown.org/works/4237053

I asked molli a while back and she said she'd try to do a sketch for old times sake.

I'm glad she's willing to come back after all the bullying if just for a little bit.

Marshfield > Pricefield >>>>>>> Grahamfield >>> Chasefield

Chaseprice > Amberprice > Pricefield > Chasefield >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything with Kate, whom fanfiction writers cannot capture in any way, in personality.

Kate's a dull character, anyway.

chasescott >>>>>>>>>> everything

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max and Chloe agree too, which is all that matters.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

PRICEFIELD 4EVER

Great work user.

I have never seen anybody with taste as shit as yours.

I heavily recommend you kys

All I did was put some panels together and clear off Max's face (and move Chloe's writing to the border of the photo)
The original artist did all the real work!

Hella love is a lotta love

I hope the 500th thread is fun and full of awesome stuff.
But I don't know what we do after that. Kind of the only thing to look forward to right now, but maybe by some miracle we will get news by then.

Roadtrip! ....kind of.

Have you guys played What Remains Of Edith Finch?

It's similar in its narrative focus, and how it uses interactivity to tell a story.

I've read of that too. Maybe I'll play.

There's also this free exploration game that looks like a little Gone Home/Life is Strange homage, stylistically: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900079718

i.4cdn.org/v/1493667120642.png

what the fugg are you doing?

You're a dull cunt mate. Oh how much I hate you Victoria shitters from bottom of my heart... If I had a nuke it would go for y'all that's for sure

That must just be someone leaving it in the background or that left it on for the main menu loop/music.

Now now. Most Victoria fans are fine.
It's the Bay shitters that deserve all our scorn.
They will post whatever to cause disarray and arguments.

I just want to talk about Pricefield, the future of them and other characters, and cutepost in peace.

/tv/ is bullying us again

Meh. Took a quick glance.
Trolling, bayting ("The story's not good if Chloe lives"), and insulting. Even some decent posts about how the game was nice for some people or expanded their interests.
Not nearly as bad as the crap usually posting on /v/.

I agree with the one user, should just have Ashly be Chloe. Same for Hannah as Max. May not look the closest but you're not going to be able to find better voices.
I'll never get my wish of the two girls from the Priceless duo being casted.

Refreshed and read that thread a little more. Disgusting.
Yet another helpful reminder to to stray out of /lisg/ when you want to discuss LiS.

What Remains Of Edith Finch is much more interactive than Gone Home, really. It's a set, unfolding story like Life is Strange, but it uses interactive mechanics to a greater extent, and to an extent that the interactive mechanics are inextricable to the story; it's more, ludologically, a "game" than Gone Home.

It's definitely more accessible to people who aren't adjusted to the interactive drama, with an adventure conceit, "genre". It's a little more gimmicky, though.

I personally felt more for Gone Home than Edith Finch, however.

/tv/ is as dumb, misogynistic, and uncultured as /v/; they're just a little more literate.

It's not a set*

I liked the game and the thread. You should be able to handle stupid shit like this.

I wonder how these sorts of things are made. Looks like a mixture of painting and Photoshop. I know nothing about art.

Looks entirely digital, with a bit of texture for the spray effect.

Nice. Wish I could do something like that.

Anyway goodnight friends.

Sleep well.

don't die now /lisg/

Don't tell me what to do, hipster!

Victoria is a bitch
I'm glad Jefferson killed her

NO BULLY!

If Victoria was kidnapped she got rescued by the police and was safely tucked away in the hospital.

Pirates are never lost...only adrift in a sea of adventure.

Hey /lisg/,

My name is Mark Jefferson, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are illiterate simpletons who spend every second of their posting hand drawn and computer generated illustrations of sultry lesbians instead of capturing the loss of innocence with a photographic lens. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever taken the shot?

I mean, I guess it's posting the same images over and over again to make-up for your own ugly visages and lonely lives, but /lisg/ takes it to a whole new level. This is even worse than the “art” prisoners chisel in the yard.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I hooked up with a popular hot chick less than half my age. What have you done besides sacrifice a town for someone's girlfriend? I also convinced a teenage nut case and his blackhearted father to bankroll my sociopathic art projects and used their attorneys to get me off with a light sentence. (Numerous cell mates captured me in a moment of desperation. Shit was so RAPE.)

None of you are art faggots who should kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic related: I'm a bitch.

Hey /lisg/,

My name is Nathan, and I hate every single one of you because I suffer from severe mental illness. All of you are well adjusted, intelligent, internet users who spend every second of their day discussing the social, narrative and moral issues presented in an award winning video game. You are everything good in the world and seeing your success reminds me of my personal failings thereby sending me into a blind rage.

Honestly, have any of you ever gotten an idea of why I call Warren a pussy?

I mean, it’s fun making fun of people because of my own insecurities, but assaulting Graham in a parking lot, let alone threatening a young woman with a gun when she's blackmailing me after I dosed her with date rape drugs, is taking it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Kate's video on Facebook.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot behind my back. I’m pretty much a total violent nutcase so don't do it to my face. I was emotionally abused by my father and discharged from care by a first rate therapist. What do you suffer from, other than feels after playing an emotionally impactful video game? I also get straight A’s because my father donates large sums to the school, and have been friendzoned by a hot mean girl (She never blew me; Shit would've been SO cash).

You are going to be called faggots and told to kill yourselves by assholes like me for most of your life. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me. I'm her bitch.

>My name is Mark Jefferson, and I hate every single one of you.
The feelings mutual, cunt.

Hey /lisg/

My name is Max, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are unfunny, no talent, no-lifes who spend every second of your day looking at pictures of me and Chloe. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any love? I mean, I guess it’s fun to project yourselves into my world because of your own uneventful lives, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than Warren spying on me outside my dorm.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was accepted into an art gallery at the age of 18, and know more about photography than you ever will. What art do you do, other than creepily photoshopping pictures of me? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just schlicked me; Shit was SO WOWZERS).

You are all heterosexuals and should kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic related: It’s me and my bitch

t. evil Max

>deleting oc
>pic related

Wonder no more!
youtube.com/watch?v=9zpRz8OICuk

If you don't have a plan, then you cannot deviate from it and get lost.

Nice. I love the idea of them during a regular storm.
Knowing it's okay and going out to just stand in the rain together. Or pushing the couch to the window, turning off the lights, and cuddling up to watch the clouds roll in.

>I love the idea of them during a regular storm

I love the idea of them in any storm. That's why I put them in a game with one. haha :)

Post yer tunes
Not from the LiS Soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=N5kKenry2kU
youtube.com/watch?v=F4XadtBzQS0
youtube.com/watch?v=4prwQ6NFGaU

A storm which kill less than ten people and failed to destroy more than a few buildings.
The tornadoes which happened in Texas this week were worse.

Yet you still cry about it. Tears, falling like raindrops. haha :)

I want to punch Michel's face!

Not worth the bruises on your knuckles

Sounds comfy. I'd love an image of that.
Reading that description immediately brought Captain Joshi's "Jefferson's House" to my mind. Except that it's Chloe and Max's house now since he's in prison and never getting out.

The more you bully Michel, the longer will be your wait for Season 2.

>implying I want S2

S2 early to mid next year.
/lisg/ may need to take a break during the Summer but as of now we're fine.

Snuggling is always good

I doubt /lisg/ can hold for much longer if we don't start hearing news about the sequel soon. Not even Vampyr will compensate for it.

How many of you got the invite for the market research that will take place in London? It's tomorrow.

>implying you have to compensate when Chloe is this awesome

Wasn't there one for New York as well? I definitely be going to that

>tfw when SFM models looks better than the ones in the actual game

Yes, the one in NY is 5th May.

But did you get the invite from Square Enix? I think you can't go there without it.

I don't think so, can't I just sub in for one of you guys if you have a screenshot of the invite?

As beautiful and awesome as Chloe is, she is frightening when she's angry.
Mostly because it takes a lot to truly get her enraged.

How does one get invited, I thought it was just an application.

Reminder that Max is cute!!!

I think you need to create an account here: membership.square-enix.com/register
And then go on ''Games'' search for Life is Strange and hit the ''Follow'' button, that's how you get invited.

Will this tradition survive Season 2?

That's like reminding everyone that water is wet or that fire is hot. Obvious, yet important.

I wonder if the sequel will incorporate any minor characters from the first game into it.
I'd like to see more of Stella.

>more of Stella
>the girl who wanted Jefferson's S and would do anything to become one of his assistants

why

If anyone, I think S2 will have a link to Rachel. They will avoid mentioning Max and Chloe outside of an Easter Egg or reference.

Jefferson's D*

Because she's cute and I want to see her find stability, happiness, and get away from drugs. Since Frank stops selling that means she loses her supply and that gives her a chance to get a fresh start. Someone who's had a hard life but could turn it around.
Plus she's voiced by Ashly.

G'night /lisg/
>Chloe lightly snoring and Max mumbling about the nice dream she is having

You mean some sort of prequel involving Rachel? That sounds cool but we all know what happened to Rachel so I don't think they will do that.

Good night user.