Whats a point against only ising EV's

Why shouldnt we get rid of gas powered cars?

>"Let's go on a trip from north to south Europe in our tesla"
>"I did that with my parents who still had one of those disgusting petrol cars, we drove 2 days"
>drive 20 days, spend 70% of your day charging, 20% waiting for a charging spot
At the very least we should get hydrogen powered cars before writing off ices, industrial and logistic vehicles will keep running on diesel for decades

>roadtrip

Accounts for 0.5% of lifetime vehicle mileage.

Where do you think the electricity comes from?...
thats right, coal fired power stations.
And how much spare power do you think most countries have?
thats right, none.
If everyone drove an electric car that just means more coal power stations to power the cars and i get a feeling that as dirty as petrol is it is still cleaner than burning brown coal....

Or do leftist idiots actually think the entire world runs on solar power and there is an unlimited supply of energy or something?

Seriously America uses 115% of it's power meaning they have to import power from other countries and that is without every single car on the road there being electric....
and you just want everyone to start driving an electric car?

Get real m8.

>leftist idiots

How can anyone poor be anything but leftist?

Well said, acts why I got into diesel mechanics. Freight ain't going anywhere

Something about not going to college for a degree in gender studies.

But it's literally being against your own interests?

It so much more efficient on all levels, form extraction, refining, distribution that running electric on coal is still cleaner than regular gas/diesel engine.

And way more expensive. Taxpayers.

No, it's not lol.
You think coal power stations burn cleaner than gas fire power stations?
because they don't...

it costs too much bring back coal

Ok... but clean energy does exist and climate change's effects are beginning to take hold. Maybe we should focus on developing more efficient machines with greater range rather than continue to fuck the only known reliable source of life in the ass.

I know this isn't /pol/ but I've been skeptical of the reports that liberal science has published for decades. Don't believe everything that hits the cover magazines.

>dat skoda
hhhhnnnnggggg!!!!!

Should just listen to what science tells.

I mean most people here are not educated because they come from lower income families, what makes them competent to question any kind of scientific research results?

>liberal science

Is that a phrase with two wrong words like "military intelligence"? Do you actually mean science reporting? Because science isn't political, it's either sound or not.

stop shilling you fucking idiot
your wording makes it more than obvious

Yeah man, the WSJ has people shilling on here.

Cheers, The Illuminati.

I'm slav, I don't shill. I just say what I feel is correct.

Oil companies created a successful disinfo campaign to protect their interests. You are the product of oil jew propaganda and have become confused and partially retarded.

EVs are expensive and have shitty range and take too long to recharge, so aren't really useful for anything but short trips within a city. Most of Veeky Forums is too poor to afford a daily EV and a gasoline fun car so rather than accept it, they choose to irrationally hate it.

It's an exaggerated example. Unless range or charging becomes much better long drives will take much longer. My trip to my weekend home is 700km, which would be what, at least charging once? My car can do it without refuelling once. Even if I had to, it would only take a few minutes

reminder that you're arguing on current battery technology which is basically guaranteed to improve. Both in terms of overall range and in terms of charge speed.

i would be surprised if a 300 mile range $24k Ev with ten minute 100% charge time didn't hit the market before 2025

you could at least argue on something that has merit, like production waste or soul-less-ness

>thats right, coal fired power stations.
coal's basically going extinct in the usa. big power players are moving to natural gas as fast as they fucking can and it's really hard to argue against that. natural gas is so much easier to work with on large power plant scales

*tips fedora*

An enthusiast's spirited driving session will drain the battery quickly and leave them stranded. The batteries also have cooling issues currently.

Because liquid fueled vehicles are essential in any kind of situation where the power grid goes offline, and in particular, in insurrection, which is the real reason why governments are trying to end them, and thus why you need them.

>evs are bad because the gubbmint is gunna getcha
this is dumb even for /pol/

It's the same principle as the right to bear arms. Cars and trucks ought to be considered bearable arms anyway because you're not going to doing any appreciable damage to a modern military force without them, and by the way, they kill more people than guns. Bankers and politicians are afraid of vehicles that can't be remotely disabled and can go off road and travel over 100 miles before getting fuel at some hidden location. You're not going to be putting up any kind of a fight in a tesla product, anywhere, ever.

EV's aren't bad by themselves, but banning gas is.

except you can set up some solar panels and juice your car up literally anywhere. it won't be quick but if we're talking civil war with the government, if anything gas production is a more fragile sequence than just getting electricity