Cafe racer hate is retarded

Cafe racer hate is retarded.

I like the style of Harleys and Indians particularly bobbers and and frisco choppers.

I also like something that is fun to ride in the hills.

Cafe racers are the perfect compromise between the two things.

thass cool man you do you

thats not a cafe racer you nerd

are you the same dumb bogan that makes the lowrider threads?

I didn't say it was a cafe racer...

It's just a random image I had saved.

Cafe racers are fucking retarded.
they buy a slow shit bike, ruin its handling and performance then say "look it is better" when they could have just bought a sports bike.
Look at these fuckwits you want to be associated with such advanced autism?
people that do this to bikes should be castrated.

How does it ruin its handling and performance?

They are just taking off ugly fenders and fitting better looking seats.

>Exhaust wrap
Why
>Shitty Chinese fake tan leather seats
Not comfortable
>Shitty handlebars that aren't comfortable
But I hunch my back like a racer!
>Loud pipes on a 300cc
But ma airflow!
>Same paint as every other shitty caferacer
You don't get it man!
>Outdated cheap unreliable bikes
But so vintage and unique!
>Buying shitty gear, open faced scooter helmets etc
It's fashion!

Absolutely revolting. Why wouldn't you want a more reliable, comfortable, better performing motorcycle? Oh cause you want to show the world your a cuck

>Not comfortable
If you want comfort get a camry.

>Same paint as every other shitty caferacer
Mine is going to have art or old fashioned hand done sign writing on the tank.

>Absolutely revolting. Why wouldn't you want a more reliable, comfortable, better performing motorcycle?

I want a bike that looks cool that I can customise.

They lower the bars and ruin any handling the bikes had to begin with, they cut the sub frame off to allow for their retarded seats making it a spaghetti frame, they replace the air filters with pod filters, they carbon wrap the exhausts which does nothing but cause them to rust, they remove all back pressure from the exhaust making their 250cc bikes sputter and fart like pieces of shit and then they act like it made the bike perform better.

They are literally the ricers of the bike world.
"bro my subwoofer adds 50 horsepower"

how's that hi-vis vest working out for you bro

Then just build a decent cafe racer.

There is no better choice of bike than a cafe racer.

>Modern Japanese bikes
100 percent awesome to ride but no fun to customise or make individual.

>Cruisers and choppers
100 percent fun to customise and make individual but not fun to ride in the hills

>Cafe racer
Only 50 percent fun to ride in the hills.
Only 50 percent fun to customise and make individual.
>100 percent perfect compromise.

If your riding for the image you portray as apposed to what's actually best you its time to rethink why your doing so

Kek. I've got a leather rst jacket. No hivis gear.

T. a nobike fag who wants a cafe racer

>No better choice than a cafe racer
Stopped reading there. Want to know how I know you were born 7 weeks early?

What if I like customising vehicles and making them look different as well as riding?

Modern motorcycles always end up looking retarded when people try customise them.

Motorcycles in general are retarded

Just buy a car

>Cafe fags, even worse than harley fags

At least harley cucks dont pretend they have any performance advantage

Explain your reasoning.

Then customize your shitty bike but don't for a second try and fool anyone that it's good

Rekt

>need for individuality and attention seeking outweighs the need for performance and practicality.

Blatant homosexual behavior.

I don't think Cafe racers do that at all.

Why would I care what anyone else thinks of MY bike?

fuck off motorcycles are the best performance per dollar and IMO any auto enthusiast should have one and know how to ride it

>hey my cb500 is just as uncomfortable as your superbike now! Watch me wobble around a corner on my weak frame, tiny forks and tube tires.

People used to ride those things because they had nothing better

Your modifying it to impress ME. Your making a thread to show ME. Don't act like anything your doing is for yourself.

So is it okay to put a Cafe racer style seat on a cx500?
The stock seat is fucking horrible and waaaay too wide.
Or does changing something like that, even if for comfort reasons make someone a 'poser' or a 'Cafe racer fag'?

What's better then?

Keep in mind one of my main intentions for the cafe racers is to cover it in art.

I don't get why a cafe racer would make you a poser.

How could riding something the majority of people hate because you like it be posing?

How can you tell if the frame has been weakened on a cafe racer?

Bikefagets back to your containment thread

Look for cuts/welds done by the 21 year old hipster owner

Why call it a cafe racer? Both look ok desu senpai.

First off if it NEEDS to be an old bike enhancing performance should be priority.

A new fork means new steering head bearings, new wheels, new brakes and all around better handling. Combined with new rear shocks this will most likely cost as much as the whole bike (if it isnt a piece of shit).

A more effective way of creating something with a simular look would be using a 90s "standard" like the cb1000, zephyr 750 or xjr1300 and give it moderate upgrades before starting with "style".

Because it will have fenders removed or shortened with a cowl seat and smaller mirrors.

What bike

zephyr750 can be made to look cool.

You can make everything "look" cool, it should run well before that though.

Early 80's cb500 I think.

I don't care about racing.

I just want a bike that's funny to ride on a twisty road but also looks cool and customised.

You wont have much fun on twisties with an 70s or 80s bike, thats the point, even the sports bikes of that era are rather unstable. You want a smooth ride do some upgrades.

What's the difference between them and a new bike beside having a carby and less electronics?

Your clueless mate. Your not going to have fun in twisties on a old 80s Honda

Only 35 years of r&d.

You can have fun in the twisties in an 80's civic by just adding some nice coilovers and big sway bars.

I doubt the bikes are that bad.

About everything suspension and bearings wise.

Bikes of that era like to shimmy and shake a lot and you will never build any confidence to enhance your skills as a rider on such a thing.

So not bike general, since everyone but op seems to hate cafe racers, what are your thoughts on bobblers?

Don't ask Veeky Forums about any bike that's not a sportbike or a dual sport. Somehow people of the worst taste congregate here.

>>Modern Japanese bikes
>100 percent awesome to ride but no fun to customise or make individual.

t. nobike

It costs more money than tacking ebay shit to your CB200s forks, cutting off the subframe, and gluing on the arm from a sofa, but you get what you pay for

I don't get them. You ruin a bike's overall capability for looks, but you don't even go the rest of the way and stick a REALLY big engine in it and make it go fast

You just stick an old style V-twin with 50hp in, that might make 80hp in a fine state of tune

American style cruisers a shit.

>You ruin a bike's overall capability for looks
Not all bikes are meant to be knee droppers. Cruisers are meant for comfy highway driving. Like the Challenger, something else Veeky Forums doesn't understand because "hurr it can't corner leik a race car".

I think bobbers are cool

Cruisers are meant for comfy highway driving but a great deal of them absolutely fucking suck at that. Huh? Harley davidson actually acknowledges this and makes separate "touring" models that are actually comfy, and not "comfortable" like blasting down the interstate on your yamaha decepticon 09 triple without a windscreen.

It's for image and image alone. That's HD's business model.

When people make bikes that are just supposed to be comfy and practical, they turn out actually having decent handling because you *need* decent handling to not scrape and crash when you swerve to dodge an obstacle. They also turn out having trunks, not low to the ground bags that take the rest of your limited lean angle and shove it up your ass.

The idea isn't that much different between a bobber and a cafe.

You sound like an idiot.

I don't think anyone buys a Harley because it's practical, especially considering its luxury model pricing. In fact I don't think anyone buys a bike because it's practical, because it's not. Don't even try to feed me /dbt/'s denial about that point, everyone recognizes the limits of bikes.

We buy bikes because we just thoroughly enjoy riding. If somebody enjoys being shaken apart by a V Twin sitting in a $20k Harley then more power to them. I know I won't be found doing that.

What do you guys think of voodoo vintage?

>Bikes aren't practical

t. american

I go grocery shopping at costco once a month and bring my dog and my wife's three kids, and sit in traffic the whole time while cops pull people over for doing 31 in a 30 and shoot bikers for lane splitting. A bike just isn't practical!

what is the name of this bike? already reverse google'd it but got a bunch of lewd pictures

yamaha mt07
ugly bike IMO

appriciate it
like it because it has potiential for improvment

Cafe Racers made sense when motorcycles had like what, 15HP and guys wanted to feel like racers. Why embrace bikes with a history and name that implies you're a poser? You said it yourself that you're just doing it for looks.
Just buy a modern bike that'll handle and perform infinitely better with no modifications.

>Being so retarded that you can't even google something.

Depends on how the bike's built wouldn't it? People could buy a stock triumph or guzzi and have the look they want.
Doesn't change the larping fags though

Just chiming in to say that OP is a huge fag.