Convince me not to buy a VY ss commodore on the weekend

Convince me not to buy a VY ss commodore on the weekend.

Can't think of a better value for money car for under 15k personally.

>Convince me not to
Nope

I bought a VZ SV6 and it's fucking great. Do it OP.

Only if you get a manual

Cause you could buy a Holden that matters?

Like last of the Holden based V8's with the 5.7 stroker kit.

Just do it mate. The colours for that era were perfect (especially the CV8Z monaro but that's well out of your price range). If you don't get one with the stock 18" wheels, please convert them back for the love of god.

Sedan only? I'd look at the ute, or if you're lucky, the limited edition SS wagon. Those are fucking cool.

The Purple and the Green they had for the VY were fan-fucking-tastic.

and yeah, this. Don't pull a falcunt and do some shithouse manual conversion.

do it.

mad skidz bro

Fukn do it cunt. You already know it's a good idea.

>20 years old
>still looks modern enough that it could be sold today new

VT are my favourites.

>SV6
laughingbogangirls.jpg

I own a completely stock, base model V6 VY, 2003. 315,000km on it.
I love my car, but the 4 speed auto is shit. The interior is good enough, but it is a lot of plastic.

Also, the VE is just a better car over all.

for the love of fuck make sure it's got an lsd cunt

Buy it, faggot OP. I love chopping bogans in their commos in my turbo import

My VT handled terrible in the hills.

Also when ever I went on an organised mountain run all the import people would laugh at me for having a commodore.

>I own a completely stock, base model V6 VY, 2003. 315,000km on it.
>I love my car, but the 4 speed auto is shit.
I sort of thought if you were going to buy a V6 manual kind of fun car you would get it in manual.

You are a shit cunt.

I am so sick of retard who change tyres for a living with their 5k s13s thinking the lawyer in his brand new clubsport is the one who is bogan.

>15k for such a pile of shit
Please tell me this is this famous Australian shitposting

The base models didn't come in manual.

This is surprisingly true, my friend has a VT Calais and apart from lacking a couple of newer features, the interior and exterior are great for a 20 year old mid range sedan

I should add, that I got it for $1000. I was driving a base model VR before, so it was an obvious upgrade.

>changing tyres for a living
>5k s13
Not even close, I also despise silviacunts
Let's be serious, people who drive clubbies are cashed up bogans or lebos

Make sure you take it for a spin first m8, if there's lifter noise walk away

Good choice, so would a XR6 turbo. Probably a nice BF2 in your price range.

People who change tyres for a living are literally the kinds of people who drive silvias.

Everything will fall to bits on those. And they're all thrashed. I guess you could say the same about a V8 commodore but at least all the plastic and rubber bits won't turn into shreds after a couple weeks of ownership.

The amount of back-end bushings I went through with my BFII falcon. The diff and sway bar link pin bushings went twice in a 20,000km period!

And the rotors, fuck me do they warp. Just a bad idea. Yeah the commodore has a plastic fantastic interior too, but at least it lasts and doesn't fade as quickly.

>15k
you could have an HSV or FPV for that money

execs and s packs came in manual. I got an S pack manual and it's quite fun for a p plater car cos easy skids.

Commodore is a v6
Falcon is a straight 6

That's all you need to know.

>SS
>V6

yeah nice

Really? I thought only the s pack came in manual. I've never seen a manual exec. Did people just not buy them much?

Buying a V6 rwd anything

get one but only if its made before 2016. fucking french cunts make the commys now

Seems like an all round do it.
doing it then, dude wants 9.5k i think i can get it for 8.5k, is purple with 120,000km on the clock.

why wouldn't you just get xr6t

yeh there aren't many but they are out there.
>Did people just not buy them much?
I guess that' was the case. All luxury variets (berlina and calais) were auto only as well as the safety trim(acclaim).

>SS commodore
>V6

fucking idiot

I bought a VE SV6 with 6-Speed manual for French
Is PSA taking over production of that too?

Fg xr6 turbo

for 15k get a modded HSV

No, PSA bought only Opel and Vauxhall. But GM still can buy cars from Opel and rebadge them as Holden tho

So, what exactly is GMs plan for Australia? Just pull out Holden and just fuck off?

>GM
>plan
user they never think ahead

Why do you think they still dont have RHD vettemaro cadillacs?

Then they panick and sell Opel so their foothold in EU/Asia and elsewhere is now shite

Why has every car manufacturer abandoned Australia? Is Toyota like the only one left?

user, they are gone too.

idk our closest neighbors build cars to a shitter standard but are cheaper so they won.

Also our unions ruined our auto industry and Ford fucked it by not exporting the Falcon

ONE FORD

that's why aus ford failed

i blame the unions similar to what they did to the UK/English auto industry

Buy one!
Don't bother with an SV6, just get a SS.

I heard they were just going to rebadge Opals and call them commodores.

>tfw eternally stuck right indicator on a 2004 VZ

>Buying a Holden
Why? Worst cars made here..