ITT : Features that should be standard on all cars

Post images or ideas of things that you would like to see as a standard feature on all cars.

>cup/container holder in front of an A/C vent

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9eplEBb4m5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Not just slamming your drink behind the rear passenger seat so it can warm up but definitely not come loose during driving.

Fuck it, I'll risk the flame war.

Anyone else think parking brake levers are gay as fuck?

It feels like yanking a rock hard dick up in the air every time you want to park up. Buttons are superior.

Can't put my finger on it, but this image bothers me a little.

I think a roll cage should be standard to reinforce the roof. Hopefully that way they can make cars with smaller pillars and decrease blind spots

I'm used to reverse being to the left of first, so seeing a smaller shift pattern with reverse where 6th is on my car bothers me

Discount alien shifter is bothersome

anti glare mirrors are a godsend

That's just a chode though

>Stop on an uphill
>Try to engage handbrake
>seat heating comes on
>try again, doors lock
>finally engaged it
>see gap in traffic, go for it
>can't find button again, miss the gap

Guaranteed Replies

People actually need their handbrake to take off on a hill? lmao

>he uses the clutch to hold himself on a hill

Enjoy replacing it every 10,000 miles

Every 4 door with Sedan styling should open up like this in the back.

>just get a hatchback

No. They are ugly cuck mobiles. I want a car that looks like a traditional Sedan but opens up fully for easier storage.

Honda should have done with this with '18 Accord.

So you think I sit there clutching it instead of having my foot on the brake? Thats a pretty retarded thing to think

We should really make everything electronic controlledby this point. Parking brakes, service brakes, throttle, windows, ignition, steering, transmission, engine, everything is electronic at this point. There's really zero contract between the driver and anything in the car now

I want to see you taking off on a hill in a car with no torque at low rpm's while stacy stopped 5cm behind you

Skoda stole that from RR, but seriously this should be standard.

>want to impress the gyaldem
>can't properly drift bcuz 1.2 Corsa with VXR badges
>go screaming round corner, press handbrake button
>car comes to a screeching halt
Yeah nah, fuck your electronic cuckbrake

>is stopped
>isn't in neutral with handbrake on
*fails driving test*

Cars like this probably have hill assist..

dude... why don't you just use the brakes?

Because you're supposed to have the handbrake on. It's a safety thing as well, if some mong rear-ends you you stay put instead of slamming into the car in front

Read

Pretty easy to do actually for anyone who has decent coordination of clutch & throttle... or there's easy mode where you let Stacy keep you from rolling back more than 5 cm.

>Because you're supposed to have the handbrake on
You must be british, I hear they teach yall to do that at driving school and during your exam.

>Hatchbacks with removable rear seats.
Don't have more than one passenger? No need to lug around 200-300lbs of extra weight. Better acceleration, better fuel economy, and more cargo room.

>mudguards
>window ventshade things so you can have fresh air when it's raining

Which sucks, if you're in the inside of a turn and you can't see shit unless you creep forward a bit you have to keep pressing the button again at the right moment, timing that is easier with a handbrake you can slip a little

That is called a hill start, you learn that at any driving school in Europe, if your clutch isn't fucked you'll be able to do it no handbrake required.

That would be Stacy's fault anyway, proper safety distances, she didn't maintain.

I have yet to drive a car that can't keep itself from falling backwards by slipping the clutch at idle the short lapse of time you employ changing the right foot from the brake to the accelerator.

I totally get his point, that is a fear I have to, but fuck me I just got my license last month and don't have a car to drive daily, so yeah I get it. But if you been driving for a while, everyday..I really don't get why you're having that problem, get an automatic, they're comfier if you're in the city anyway.

You'll fuck your clutch like that, not everyone has big enough feet to hill toe the gas pedal or the skill to switch from the brake to the gas pedal quickly. Veeky Forumstists can, but not the asian granny in front of you. And if you're european you should know it will be your fault if she's standing still. Road cars should be made so that even unskilled drivers can drive them properly.

Yep. In pretty much every country where people mostly drive manuals you're taught that way
You can do it without the handbrake obviously, but why would you hold yourself on the footbrake at a stop? It's more effort and presents more of a safety hazard.

Nice wearing your clutch unnecessarily. Have you ever tried it with a heavy load or trailer. If you want to do it without handbrake, either heel toe the gas or press the accelerator before the car can gain any momentum.

>seppos unironically think you should heel toe or have to jump between the brake and accelerator just to do a hill start
kek

>Yep. In pretty much every country where people mostly drive manuals you're taught that way

I got mine this year, they didn't teach me that way, in fact the instructor took me to a steep ass hill to teach me hill start, and the examiner also took me to a steep ass hill and made me stop and start it again.
>but why would you hold yourself on the footbrake at a stop? It's more effort and presents more of a safety hazard.

You could argue it presents a safety hazard to use the handbrake as a crutch also, which is better depends on the person you ask. I was taught one way so your way looks dangerous to me because, what if I lose control of the car when I release the handbrake, but then again like I said above, I'm a new driver and don't have the car to drive daily and train this shit.

>what if I lose control of the car when I release the handbrake
If you can't keep the car under control with one hand on the steering wheel, you shouldn't be allowed to drive a manual. Plus your hand is already on the handbrake, just pull it again if you fuck up, a lot less movement than braking with your foot in this case.

no fuck you brake vapor will kill me without it. I need to be able to control the emergency brake.

for most modern compacts then I agree. could make it less difficult to put things in when rear seats are down.

>again like I said above, I'm a new driver and don't have the car to drive daily and train this shit

>i just got my license last month
>im gonna tell you what car to drive

>using handbrake at the red light with stacy 5cm from your bumper

Cupholder delete
Touchscreen delete
Electric steering delete
Hydraulic steering
4 zone climate control
Gated shifter

>It's more effort and presents more of a safety hazard.
It's really not. Only britfags seem to think this, it must be part of their driving training. It takes less than a second to switch your brake foot to your clutch foot and apply the throttle, and you might roll back a few inches but anybody that's not kissing your bumper like a moron isn't in any danger. It's easier and makes more sense to keep the speed controls with the feet and leave the steering and shifting to the hands.

i'm not the guy who said that, but i honestly dont know why theres so many people that think using the handbrake on hills makes you a bitch
its easier and its better for the car, name one disadvantage

IDK hydro electric would be better than straight hydro. I'm saying this as someone with hydraulic steering.

>manual transmission
>6 gear + overdrive
>VVT/VVL
>forged internals
>DOHC
>variable length intake runners
>individual throttle bodies
>5 digit redline
>torsen differential
>FR/MR/RR drivetrain
>50/50 weight distribution
>sup 800kg weight
>doubble whishbone suspension
>bucket seats
>funktional aero
>bucket seats
>windshield

Nor did I when I just got my license, but controlling your car with one hand and being confident in that is the first thing you should practise when given the chance, even when you're in an automatic

>have to step outside in order to extract it
>open/close door too fast the umbrella shoots out
>water collects in the door when inserting wet umbrella
>

how old are you?

>hat, but i honestly dont know why theres so many people that think using the handbrake on hills makes you a bitch

no one is saying it makes him a bitch, it just takes you out of controlling the car, any extra steps means there's more there to fuck up. why would you want to make it more complicated than it has to be?

like i said, whether its more dangerous or not, that depends on the driver

nothing's as great as having your soda heated up

>what are small engines

My car has 93 Nm and I live in a city full of hills.
I don´t torture my clutch.

how does using an additional way to control your car give you less control of the car

Actually it increases control, as you can release the brake as the clutch engages

>Mr standard
I'll pass. rr standard can become a thing again though for economy. I don't have a problem with ff as long as it's light. also I'd rather cruise control over over drive.

More steps, but simpler, the only thing you have to time right is releasing the clutch and handbrake. Otherwise you have to time moving your foot and giving the right amount of gas with releasing the clutch

>have to step outside in order to extract it
true
>open/close door too fast the umbrella shoots out
never happened, it's seated not just put there, you need to actually push it like a button to release it
>water collects in the door when inserting wet umbrella
There are drainage canals that drain the water outside.

Watch this
It's hillariously retarded because it's skoda india
youtube.com/watch?v=9eplEBb4m5E

Nor do I, slight uphills in an unloaded car is easy and can be done with just slipping the clutch, but try it on a dirt mountainroad while pulling a trailer. The smell will be delightfull and you'll more likely spin out your rwd or fwd

The overdrive is to get the revs down while cruisng on a highway, since alway hanging at high rpm isn´t silent or efficient.
cruise controll just keeps your speed constant.

If you slip your clutch on every uphill, you´ll need to replace it verry soon...

spoken like a true child

>I don't want the carpet to stink

How would the carpet begin to stink by putting a wet umbrella on it?

You would have to expose yourself to the rain in other to get to the car to fetch the umbrella that would be in the passenger's rear door of the opposite side of the driver's side. genius

As I said, that's why I prefer the handbrake for any actual hill, I meant slipping the clutch as in with a normal take off, not riding it all the way

I just use the normal brake and release the clutch fast enough.

Explain that to me, because... you're using the clutch to take off regardless of your foot being on the brakes or having the handbrake engaged, either way your clutch is going to be used, how are you going to wear it out quicker if you're using it regardless???

>How would the carpet begin to stink by putting a wet umbrella on it?
dunno, maybe that's a testament to water quality in india

>You would have to expose yourself to the rain in other to get to the car to fetch the umbrella that would be in the passenger's rear door of the opposite side of the driver's side. genius
That's only a problem in right sided countries, still I dunno why they did not put it in drivers door. Prolly just trying to push it as a limo, so the umbrella is for the executive that decided to buy suberb instead of an S class, if they exist

Because you can give gas in advance, thus a accerating faster and reaching the minimum speed for 1st gear much quicker. You do put more force through the clutch but for less time, so much that the total distance driven while slipping the clutch is shorter

Supposed you have two equal cars, one driven with the handbrake on hill and another without, when you get to 150000km or shortly after you'll install a clutch kit on both of them.

>150.000km
Then you suck at clutching anyway, I've had my volvo since 400.000km, clutch was replaced by the previous owner. Now it's at 750.000km with the same clutch.

>Then you suck at clutching
Like the majority of the population, gee wouldn't you know. I'll admit im not great at it, but few people are.

A major factor is how much you drive in the city.
If you just drive on highways, chances are that your clutch will live longer than your engine since you almost never use it.
If you only drive in the city, your clutch won´t see 200.000km even if you drive carefully.

I work in the same city Iive in during the week, 9km every work day during rush hour. Only in the weekend I drive 200km to my actual home

>If you only drive in the city, your clutch won´t see 200.000km even if you drive carefully.
Yeah, major city here, lots of hills, why the fuck they put red lights at hills, it's like they're asking for it. This is why I want an automatic.

>pick up that can
>huhuhe

can't unsee

What car are you driving where the rear seats are 300lbs dude

modern cars with their shit tier visibility should have backup cameras standard.

Now they do. Soon cars are going to be like those concepts for new airliners. There aren't any windows, but the entire outside is projected through cameras so you have a completely unobstructed view with maximum rigidity.

Pic related

That is ridiculously expensive and will fail at some point.
Also you won´t be able to repai it.

>That is ridiculously expensive
Right now it is, because it's a concept. With enough supply almost everything becomes affordable.
>and will fail at some point
Everything fails at some point
>Also you won't be able to reai it
Nope

>C-pillar that goes almost all the way back to the taillights
>anything even close to a traditional sedan
The traditional sedan died in 2011.

knowing of the maximum rigidity will for sure relax people as they're plunging rapidly towards the ground being able to see it with the unobstructed view

>you need to actually push it like a button to release it

another thing to break

I miss the panther platform
Hands-down the most fun you can have in an automatic

It will always be more expensive than windows and add another critical element to fail to the system.
Repairing it would be only possible when buying it as a spare part.

I have, in fact, done it with 2500 kg in a a trailer.
125k miles, still with the first clutch.

PT Cruiser. Rear seats and hardware weighs 268 lbs total. Luckily it's all quick-release so I never have it in there.

It's called a liftback you dense fuck

>PT Cruiser
but ... why?

You own one so I assume you know how it looks

You're a long way from /b/, froposter. Get lost.

It's a safety hazard if someone rear ends you and you don't have the handbrake on, you'll shoot forward into the car in front. This isn't just about hills, if you're stopped for more than a few seconds you should have your handbrake on and be in neutral.

C.O.F.F.I.N. cars when

I cannot remember the make or model but the car had rear interior lights with an internal battery. You could unclip them from the holders and use them as torches. Fucking lifesaver.

i can't imagine how shit learning to drive would be with a button handbrake. fine now that i've been driving nearly a year, but that sounds like hell

its probably a £10 spring or something. calm your tits. not everything has to be archaic.