How many times did it take YOU to get your license?

How many times did it take YOU to get your license?

Just one

Too many

One

one, I'm not a spastic retard like most of Veeky Forums

Once, did a burnout in my test and all but I guess the lady liked the cut of my jib because apparently she was a real ballbuster

One time on all four

three

4 fails fuck me. have it at least now

Are you, by any chance, Greek?

1 but I did the test in an automatic.

didn't even start driving a manual car until after 8 years of having my license

Nope , from Holland

one :3

Twice, only because I was "too close to the line" when backing into a parking spot, the guy said I did everything else perfectly though

First time with 2 minor faults out of the 15 allowed.

Whack

First time with one minor, I did an emergency stop and forgot to check my blind spots when I moved off again

once

Once, did it in an automatic to save me the trouble then immediately got to practicing manual after I passed.

Car test:
>1st attemp hit curb
>2nd attempt randomly stopped in middle of junction
>3rd attempt forgot to bring my paper work, couldnt do test
>got it on 4th attempt

Motorcycle test
>1st attempt hit a cone
>2nd attempt stopped in a roundabout
>3rd attempt crashed it but still passed (???)

I've phoned them up and they said I got a license so I'm just going to keep quiet about it and ride, I guess the examiner made a mistake in the paperwork after the test.

fucking nailed it [spoiler]on my second try[/spoiler]

Just one.

But I was driving without a license for three years prior. The only reason I got my license was because the judge ordered me to get it or lose my driving privileges forever.

2 times total, one in home country and one in the USA.

I'm assuming it's harder to pass outside of the US? Or are you all dumb. Or maybe I'm the dumb one because it's never really occurred to me that you could attempt a test without taking a course.

Just one, was scared shitless though. But once I started driving I calmed down and did pretty good.

Once.

>mfw my friend failed to the same woman 4 times and said i'd never pass with her.
He sucks at driving.

Just one but I think I was pretty lucky:
>drive the test w/ dad's work car
>a shitty semi van
>turns like a tank (compared to other cars at least)
>the transmission broke a day before test
>the whole shitbox screeched like a motherfucker during the test
>at one point the dashboard went blank and speedometer just died
>shifting gears was painfully hard
>forgot second gear on while doing an uphill start
>on top of all the instructors breath smelled like death
>can't do small talk due to his yellow teeth w/ plaque on them
Otherwise I did fine and he didn't even mention the screeching.

were the other 2 given to you?

Just one. Shit was easy. I had been driving on and off since age 12 so the fear wasn't really real. In my stupid state they give you a learner permit simply for reaching an age with zero tests, then you have to wait a year and take a two week course, a written test, and a driving test with a cop

Wow so you really only had a shred of a fuck to give and the court system forced you to give it up? Brutal

How was this even legal? How could the instructor avert dangerous situations if anything were to happen?

>How many times did it take YOU to get your license?
One.

If you're european and failed the driving exam, you shouldn't be driving at all.

If you're burger and failed the driving exam, you're clinically retarded.

Once because I'm not a pussy faggot

>Wow so you really only had a shred of a fuck to give and the court system forced you to give it up? Brutal

Not really. Since I was the only one in my immediate family with a car, I had to drive license free to get ahead in life. The risk was nearly nonexistent since I had to succeed no mater what.

Got caught three times. The last time it was by campus PD, and they let me slide just because they liked my Z32.

All of them

One for car license.
One for truck license.
One for semi-trailer license.

Only women fail at it Imo.

>only women fail at it
That's because they don't put any effort into it, if they actually cared and applied real effort into it they would pass the first fucking time

One try theoretical, two tries practical because I was let out of a side street without the "necessary" hand signals the first time.

passed theoretical test in germany first time, failed driving test 15 minutes before the end of it 45 mins into the test because i didnt stop at a white line at a stop sign and i did that because of all the cars parked on the street. next driving test lasted 15 mins passed but 300 dollars poorer

one for car, one for bike
same for permits on both, nailed them first try
also, I never took driver's ed, and took the course for my bike because that was easier than having someone ride dick to ass with me for the bike test.

AM came with A1, T came with BE

>I never took driver's ed
how could you be able to get the license then? how do the instructors know you're posessing the knowledge that's needed to be a proper driver?

twice. first time I had an instructor known as "failing Gail" (or "failin' gail" who was a crotchety black lady that loved taking young white guys down a few pegs by failing them. second time I had someone who wasn't a total bitch.

Once

how fucking British are you

How is what he said specifically "British"?

once, if it takes you more times then you're a scrub

Haha ik deed het in 2 keer dood u zelf

I took driver's ed at 15 and didn't have to take any test

1 (1) time

once

but heres the thing people think just because it took them one try, it means they think they are a top tier driver lol

I'm still trying to pass my written!

one

making one mistake on a german driving test is enough to fail you literally have to follow everything of speed limit is 30kmh you do 30kmh not use a turn signal while turning or changing lanes? fail

Once

The trick is to learn the driver's manual inside and out, look up something if you're not sure of its meaning, and practice it IRL

and you have to parallel park in the german driving test and drive on autobahn

Two

I had a lady who was in a pissy mood and was yelling at me for every little thing during the test. At one point she said the test was over and we're going back to the DMV, despite that we weren't half way through

Second time I took it I had a very sweet lady who was much nicer and didn't stress me to the point of wanting to punch someone.

two. i ran a yellow light my first time

>ran a yellow light

implying that's not legal

This. People who fail a few times are always better drivers as a result, at least in my country.

Once for car, (but my drivers ed counted as the on road part of the test) once for motorcycle (but I did it on a 100cc Enduro so it was easy as fuck)

3, first time i fucked up, second time the examiner was a cunt, third time i aced it. the 2 fails i still had below average minor faults so i'm ok with that.

dad taught me and I aced the test by not being a dumbfuck.

the guy who rode with me for the test thought I did good enough to get a license I guess.

>implying it's acceptable to do

it is, you're only supposed to stop when you see a yellow if you are able to

One.

A month ago. H-hi.

I did my written first try and my driving first try. I was driving an automatic 2004 Pontiac GTO for the test.she LOVED the red and black leather seats.

Well, I passed my driving and writing test on the first try, in 2006, then I had to renew it in 2012, then I just got it renewed this year.

So, 3 times.

4th comes in 2025.

you need a license to ride a scooter?

A scooter is a motorized vehicle that travels in traffic, is it not?

so is a bicycle, in a manner of speaking
you don't need a license for a scooter under 50cc here

Two fails, got it on the 3rd try

50cc engines may achieve speeds which may kill you from the lack of experience.

I'm european you fucking faggot and I passed the street exam on my third time. I bet you're from one of the cuck western states that let you drive with your mommy then pass an easy exam. I am 100 times that driver you are and will ever hope to be, just to make that clear.
now, regarding the exams here:
>have to sign up with an instructor and do a prerequisite number of hours on his/her car
>after you do the hours and learn to drive you have to pass a written/computer exam with road law questions, first aid, legal cop stuff, safe driving, mechanics
>after you pass the written you're given a date when you have to show up for the street exam with a cop
>you show up with your instructor and then the cop takes you and other candidates in the instructor.s car. cop is next to you in the passenger seat
if you pass with the cop you get your license. you only have one year after you finished driving school to get ur license or else you have to do it again.

in my case, the same fucking cop failed me twice for bullshit reasons because he expected a bribe. he later got fired and I took the exam with another cop and passed no problem.
so, technically, on my third time, morally, on my first because fuck that cop. and fuck you, faggot.

Three tries.
First try failed because the instructor didn't like my legal right on red.
Second try failed because the instructor was a paranoid cunt. I'm not covering for myself here, she was so stressed the moment she got in my car I thought she might have a heart attack... why even work for the DMV if you have some sort of phobia?

In most of the us you don't need a licence if it tops out at 30, and even in the very few states that have no 50cc speed restrictions no good 50cc performance bikes were ever really sold in the USA.

Two

I should have called the first one because I got food poisoning but went for it anyway.

It didnt turn out well.

>It didnt turn out well

please tell

Only once, I drove perfectly except for the parallel parking which almost failed me by itself.

I only got a point knocked off for crossing my arms while making a turn

I could have gotten my license today if the fucking car had been inspected.

How the fuck would the instructor do that shit anyway?

Well It went for a while then I felt that something wants to come out

So I rolled the windows and throw up

And it went all over my Teachers car, Teacher and the other dude said We should stop because I'm in the right condition for driving.

*Not in the right
Fug typos

LMAO blaming the cop cuz you're a shitty driver.

All that shit, the written test, the instuctor hours, and a skills test with an authority present, are extremely fucking standard. The only thing unusual about your experience was how shitty your country is where cops take bribes kek

by using a car made for driving schools with extra set of pedals for the passenger seat (and an extra steering wheel)

>why even work for the DMV if you have some sort of phobia?
Honestly depending on where you live there's a good chance they loved driving before they started working for the DMV.

One too many serious talks with God in the passenger seat of a rusted to shit crown vic blaring tupac while some enlightened individual tries to impress you with how fast they can take turns can do a number on a person's psyche.

>First time with one minor
same. my instructor he said in ~15 years of teaching he had one student who passed with a clean sheet.

i will concede this. there is some luck involved and i know some people who went on to wreck their shitboxes despite being first time passers

how did you manage to hit them? were you travelling at a high speed or something?

Two.

Failed the first time because I went though a stop sign. It was knocked over tho and partially hidden behind bushes.

Yeah sure, for a driving school with knownothings that can afford to spend a hundred grand on fancy priuses with all that bullshit on them.

For a test you should be driving the thing that you'll actually be driving in. Training wheels off fuccboi.

how is a car with an extra set of pedals and perhaps an additional steering wheel 'training wheels'?

two because the battery on my dads volkswagen threw a hissy fit and the brake lights and horn wouldnt work which makes you ineligible

>It was knocked over tho and partially hidden behind bushes.

That's such bs

I got mine on the 2nd try too because the mexican cunt who tested me said "well you drove perfectly but you went 5 mph below the limit in one zone so that automatically disqualifies you"

I didn't really care, knew I'm good and will get it the next time but at the time I was genuinely impressed at how much of a shitbag some people can be.

my drivers test was a 5 minute drive through two stoplights, a stop sign, and a school zone, at 25 MPH.

USA?

yes

Only 2. First time I failed because I accumulated too many small mistakes, like failing to turn on the rear wiper and attempting to start with the parking brake on.