WS6 Trans Am

Anybody have experience with these? I've heard a lot of conflicting things.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/84T-PIQKSbE
youtube.com/watch?v=1_UQAJbqlRw
youtube.com/watch?v=ChZAt_h46AU
youtube.com/watch?aH3CP-BnR2w&v=STAl5kwpH3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good cars but near impossible to find in decent shape.

They certainly hold their value better than the 4th gen camaros. Other than body panels and small interior differences, they will have exactly the same problems as a 4th gen SS/Z28.

Half the engine is under the firewall. Literally half of it. I love the way f-bodies look but I hate everything else about them. Great engine, shit chassis.

the chassis actually handles really well though. it's just a bitch to work on

Have had one since 03, daily drove it til last year, it's even black. What you wanna know?

Not hard to work on if you want to go faster, cheap to do so as well.

Amazing cars even in an auto

im not a fan of f bodys but ive always liked the ws6, especially with the big intake nostrils

How's maintenance?

Other than the engine blowing up once and tranny grenading itself twice, fucking great

That sounds expensive and difficult to fix

how many times did you cut your knuckles to get to that or are you just a wizard?

How the hell did you do that?

Should I buy this niggas it has a rebuilt title but Looks cheap as fuck

5200 seems a little steep

That's a really low price, even for rebuilt. It must be Automatic. As someone who's drove his cousin's car of the exact same year and model that's an auto, it's not anywhere near as fun as my slow as 90 Vette. I'd never get an auto F body. They're not fun to drive, unless you get a stick.

What the fuck are you talking about? That's half of what they normally cost

Oil and filter changes are easy. Wires are impossible to mix up, plugs are easy to get to except the back on the passengers side which (unless you have long tube headers) is easier to get to from under the car. Basically a non-issue since I usually do them with an oil change and already have the car jacked up.
I wore gloves.

Yeah they are wonderful cars if you like engines blowing up and transmissions literally eating themselves

Yeah, those god damn ls1s sure love blowing up

They sure do.

I was gonna use it as my summer dd and auto is faster in a straight line right? Is it really that shitty should I just get a Miata or mr2 instead?

Faster from a stop, more consistent. Roll race may go to the manual, but depends on the car and driver. I'm sure someone will cry about power loss with an auto but unless you're in a sub 200hp shitbox it really doesn't make much difference. Test drove 5-6 manual and auto cars, the manuals engines all felt more ragged out then the autos. Go for a Mazda if you want about half to a third of the power.

the t56 is marginally faster in all scenarios. you can find 4th gen ls1/t56's for ~4k in decent shape.

STOP THIS.LET THE BLOWING UP MEME LIVE ON.MORE LS1 ENGINES LEFT OVER FOR ME REEEE STOP EXPOSING THE ORDER REEEEEE YOU HAVE EXPOSED US..BEGONEEEE

Nah, I'd rather share the gift with others, let them see the light, everyone should experience this kind of power at least once. I haven't run an ls1 in a couple years anyway, moved on to a 6L truck block.

Trans Ams are the nicest camaros.

I have owned many and they are some of my favorite cars. What would you like to know hun?

oops forgot pic

Been loving mine since '07.

They're considered a collector car in Canada now so you can insure then for $17/yr.

Naturally it means the price of these things used is now $25000. No reason to buy one over a Corvette technically.

My second t/a and the favorite one I owned

underhood

Here you go.
youtu.be/84T-PIQKSbE

I had a LT1 camaro z28, automagic. A close enough car to make a comparison I think. It was honestly pretty comfortable and reasonably reliable. And for the price it was kinda quick. the ws6 has like 60 or 70 more horsepower i think cause ls1.
Things to worry about Ive heard are electronics and rear end is to weak for the power if you want to really romp on it. interior is trash too but who cares

I have never heard of that happening.

F

Scatter shield is good idea

any car over 400 whp used for hard launches should have one

Yup, that dude is lucky. If you watch the second one, part 2, they show it better.

What's going on in there sweetie?

A lot! pretty much full bolt ons, it has a typhoon all aluminum throttle body and intake manifold, 52 pound hour injectors, fuel rails, msd ignition, slp airbox, slp sway bar, 200 throttle body nitrous/meth wet shot (kicks in at 90+% throttle), under drive pulley, 3 plate clutch, ls4 heads, rockers, xtreme rpm cam, 3" straight pipes, other things

bretty gud desu

I really like my Camaro Z28. It's basically the same car.

Get an LS1 car and make sure it's actually an LS1. The heads and block should look very similar, as opposed to contrasting metals that would indicate that someone has put an iron motor (possibly a junkyard 4.8) in.
Expect small things to break, particularly interior things. The little plastic surround on my seat belt buckle (the part that keeps the buckle from sitting on the floor when you're not using the belt) broke last Monday.
The 10 bolt rear is notoriously fragile so if you want to do more than ~350whp I'd find an 8.8, 9", or a 12 bolt to fit the car. All of which can be found new or used, but used will require a mix of patience and digging.
>Rebuilt title
>$5200
Fuck no. That's a $4.5k car at best. Rebuilt titles hurt value.

Fourth gen cameros are a real tragedy. Great cars performance wise but just hideous. Guy I know has one that runs 7s

Mid 90's GM really wasn't trying.
I still think the LS series engines was an accidental success.

I actually like firebirds with fixed light conversions a lot, but there is no saving the camaro visually. Not that I'm one to talk with a foxbody mustang.

You can make them very fast it's just a pain to work on. I've got a 00 T/a and 2 3800s

If there's one thing they can get right it's making a motor

>I actually like firebirds with fixed light conversions a lot
Opinion discarded, never mind

I actually kinda like the fourth gen trans ams. Still they're both garbage compared to the previous gen

>fixed light conversions

Cool!
I am genuinely jealous
As a kid my neighbors dad had a ws6 with some mods and have always had a boner for them.

I vividly remember the first time I wandered into his garage and heard its first cold start with new exhaust bits...

I will own one before I die

you never heard of a 4l60e blowing nor an ls1 failing

youtube.com/watch?v=1_UQAJbqlRw

MS4
S

youtube.com/watch?v=ChZAt_h46AU

LSPOWER
S
P
O
W
E
R

>tfw 3rd and 4th gen camaros are your favorite
I hate the transformers era of Camaros. ZL1 is a fucking monster, but it looks awful.

Yeah I feel like the 5th gen cameros are completely removed from previous gens. Maybe because there's no firebird to go along with it. It just feels weird

youtube.com/watch?aH3CP-BnR2w&v=STAl5kwpH3A

>138,XXX miles later...

LS motor a best

That 370z was pathetic.

Thanks guys! :) I really love all the Firebirds I've owned, the silver ws6 is technically the nicest though, its an 01, rare all black leather interior, just 42,000 miles

all i know is that they are unreliable. check smokingtire on yt

Then you've never owned one. My 99 z28 blew it's tranny twice, and was getting ready to do it again before I sold it. They're fun cars, but not if you want to daily drive it, and not if you don't have money to fix it

I don't like "gaudy" vehicles generally, but the WS6 Trans Am is fucking awesome, so I don't classify it as gaudy. In my eyes, you have 2 options, that or the GTO that replaced it, and the exterior styling of the WS6 blows the GTO out of the water in my opinion.

>twin turbo nissan can't even beat a 20 year old car after he disconnected his nitrous

You couldn't be more right :)