we survived

REEEEEEEEEEEE EVERY FACTION THAT I DON'T PLAY IS BUSTED AND GROSSLY IMBALANCED

gonna try a fire prism rush build wish me luck

>esl tournament ends in a SM mirror
>b-balance is fine eheh

fire prism is broken
in a bad way
good luck!

in the esl tournament monday there were only 2 sm who made it past ro64, grand finals was sm vs ork and every match before that was eldar and orks.

I picked it up from a key site for €33 instead of €60, that helped a lot. It's a pretty fun game, I just wish there was more of it. That's what DLC is for I guess.

Playing dow3 remind me how great dow1 and maybe even dow2 is.

>I'm talking about fucking godlike unit that can end your gen farm/shield gen in a few seconds tells me you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

You are talking about Dark Reaper with 32 true damage from the start? 32 true damage. Range. Units cheaper, faster, more damage. You must be moron , seriously.

>grand finals was sm vs ork

lol

So you're proving my own point

Escalation is a horrible mechanic

Income scaling with unit number is a horrible mechanic

Or eldar players just shit.

yes, the 1 (one) (roman numeral I) SM player who got passed ro32 out of a total two (2) who made it passed the first bracket

i don't know what you want me to tell you, even if all 3 factions were absolutely perfectly 100% theoretically balanced there can still only be 2 players in the grand finals so i guess whatever those two races are must be the best and fuck the other one!!

also anyone who has even .00001% experience with competitive gaming knows early tournament wins don't mean shit

hope you are just trolling and not actually a drooling fucking retard

Is there a real reason to play SM right now?

>tacs lose to avengers no contest 1v1
>have to grind hard to even get grenades
>devastators are crappier lootas that cost hundreds to reinforce
>assaults are 500 a pop
>lackluster elite roster
>poor t2 and t3

At least there's the whirlwind, landspeeder and knight

Because SM are our boys

story was a lot more interesting in DoW2 because of the dialogues given by each squad member
this is "one dimensional" in comparison

>lack of maps
agreed.
>no last stand
last stand was added into dow2 at a FAR later date. It will probably be later for DoW3 as well.
>Poor army painter
it's the same as dow2's, it has more paint options and more pre-set chapters/armies.
It's only missing the memey sectioned armour designs.
>no control settings or rebindable keys
agreed.
>awful pre-alpha placeholder tier menus
what? I think they look cool. better than DoW2's glowing blue borders as if it's some alien tech.
They also function fine for me.

You forgot:
>bugged replay.
>no ability to turn camera 360.

>>have to grind hard to even get grenades

They suck balls. Don't grind for them user.

>Is there a real reason to play SM right now?

The only faction with Flamethrowers.

Grind them in SP

I don't understand why they are doctrine for SM, but Avengers get them for free and their doctrine just makes them even better. On top of their already baseline shields (so they don't drop models) and FoF and higher DPS and cheaper cost... Someone at relic has a hardon for eldar I think.

When the shield drops they evaporate though

Orks > Eldar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SM

Who here bestchapter?

Look at them, look at their gorgeous gold trims.
Worked hard to get level 10 on all of them.
>Currently working on the chaplain, to have the full Terminator experience.

>assaults are 500 a pop
Well they can shit on everything so I don't see any problem

There's a reason why Dawn of War was called Dawn of Eldar, dude.

Yea, but they will win most 1 on 1 engages because the other squad drops models (and thus loses DPS) from the start while the Eldar are not. Also FoF makes it really easy to just disengage and run once the shield starts getting low.

Shield pool being bigger than their health just seems bizarre, should be other way around imo. They don't have to spend any reinforcement cost at all even after taking >50% of their total health in damage.

Yeah I guess so

Reminder to everyone:

Guilliman has called for the Indomitus Crusade.

Literally the first proper crusade the imperium has gone on in a long while.

Tell me that SM being present in every grand final is not a coincidence

Tell me that a grand final being a mirror is a symptom of balance problems like in every other RTS

Grand final doesn't mean shit, I can look through BW and SC2 tournament history even at its most balanced and find plenty of mirrors. What is more important is race representation in the brackets and even more importantly the representation in top8 and top16. SM was the least represented race in Monday's launch ESL tournament by far. Tournaments also mean practically nothing when it's the first day the game has been out, let alone the beta tournament when people had only been playing for a few hours. SM being in both grand finals is a coincidence and if you honestly think that's a symptom of huge balance problems you're insane. There are absolutely balance problems in the game but they are edge cases and definitely not in favor of SM.

Sneaky-beaky like.

Thanks Kommando guy, you inspired me.

>Stealth mission in an RTS
Fuck mission 11, fuck Eldar missions in general.

I feel the exact opposite

Fuck ork missions in general

Are you retarded? ASM have 75, more than double, ASM have two jumps, they can get into your farm shield gen and get out, dark reapers are a fucking set up team, dark reapers can't do shit with a worker inside the shield gen, asm make short work of it.

You're not doing yourself any favours with these comparisons, ASM are by far the most broken unit in the game, it's not even fucking close

>do well early and mid game
>decimating fuckers who dont know to run away from the kommando bombs and pushing shield generators
>decide to finish this with my huge army and get to their core
>LOL NOPE opponent brings down 2 elites and a fucking larger army that he has been keeping at his base the entire time
>get completely wiped off the face of the world, and unable to recover from the losses so i lose
great game
this isnt including 2v2 or 3v3 games because every time i try those i also get wiped off the fucking face of the earth by scout/ranger spam
im fuckin mad
stop making this general
game is bad

umm
mission 11 should be space marine...

Well it wasn't.

> ASM are by far the most broken unit in the game, it's not even fucking close

Nah, you just retarded who continues to cry about ASM even tho there a fucking million ways to counter them. I guess i can stop trying to explain you how to play eldar.

> ASM have 75, more than double

72. There no info how many swords gives you true damage.

>escalation
>reskinned demon orks
>warp spiders are your #epic 1337 troop instead of a basic option
>cover is now a designated shitting shield bubble

nice ""game"" 3tards

at least it wasn't cnc4

thanks you too

whats the point in devastators?

Orks melee them.

SM melee them.

Only for the Eldar MU or what?

>ASM are by far the most broken unit in the game

Are there any different mp game modes that isn't moba-lite?

>he had a bigger and stronger army than me even though i had the entire map under my control and developed
gee there sure are a lotta hackers in this game from what i am reading on /dowg/, i wonder why i haven't run into any yet

sounds to me like you didn't bother to control the map after wiping his army, sat doing nothing and let him rebuild his entire army multiple times, and mismicroed and misplayed the last battle and had a bad engagement

that's not the game's fault

Not yet.
They said, more game modes will come in the future.
Probably as free dlc if i remember right.

Eldar is the worst, they will get FoF banshee'd and raped with plasma grenades so they can't set up.

To make devs work you need to peel for them. Use scout grenades, doctrine grenades, drop pods, banner, tie up their melee with your asm, position them somewhere melee can't get to them easily. Every second they are alive they are doing tons of damage. Even just one squad can make a huge difference in a fight with the damage output, and even if it can't get damage off his presence is a huge threat the other opponent has to deal with using his own grenades, melee units, and other tools that he can't use in the rest of the fight.

Usually I skip them in the earlygame because they are not worth the investment in doctrine chapel at the start when you need to get as many asm as possible but they can be pretty rapey in the right circumstances, just gotta get a good engage. You only need 1 or 2 to make a big difference.

>sounds to me like you didn't bother to control the map after wiping his army, sat doing nothing and let him rebuild his entire army multiple times, and mismicroed and misplayed the last battle and had a bad engagement

Shit. I've noticed people doing this a lot in multiple RTS games. Some people forget to take advantage of repelling an enemy to gain more ground.

it's very common noob mistake in rts, people are afraid to be aggressive and don't realize when they have the momentum. once you get ahead you need to stay ahead, but a lot of new players like to play passive, defensively, don't move out and take the map over even after winning a fight, because they are scared or not confident in their skills.

>lose 2v2
>"you guys lost coz you are dog shit"
>"1 v 1 me then"
>"no thanks"

classic.

Anyone know where to get a cheap key?

idk bout cheap but i picked mine off gmg for 45

cdkeys has it for around €30

Why is it that GW insists on making SM numbers abysmal? Though TacMarines are underpowered here, in virtually every media (save dow2, but even there they have big numbers when you take in consideration squad sizes) they are treated as cannon fodder, not as walking tanks. Seriously, they could either reduce squad sizes or at least increase their numbers lore wise (not IG sized, but seriously even a billion space marines would look small compared to the estimated high trillions - low quadrillions Guardsmen). To make it at least seem realistic, they don't need to actually roflstomp entire armies by themselves. But the way they are squishy in DoW1, 3 and even the TT is pathetic

But then again, with recent numbers for the battle of Cadia GW has showed that they have 0 sense of scale...

The snowballing in mp is fucking ridiculous.

well GW does it because Space Marines are what sell. It's no small wonder that in the tabletop game Space Marines get tons of stuff for free in stupid formations and what not. To the point where if you aren't running the skyhammer formation for free drop pods, or the decurion for free razorbacks, you're doing it wrong. It's practically a running gag in the community that space marines are the best horde army.

The only units that feel at least partially as elite as how space marines are in the lore are the custodes, and to a lesser extent, the grey knights.

Our only hope is that 8th edition will fix some of this, but I doubt that. Space Marines still sell and GW is still the seller.

Yeah, I know, that's why I don't even hope that they will eventually un-Mary Sue them. But hey, having significantly more of them would make it a bit more credible, no? It doesn't even need to be outright stated, just some clues for lore fans. Make them big enough to actually be able to cover more than 10 lightly contested star systems (and with Guard support!), although still small enough to be only the spearhead. Seriously, the calcs which give them barely a million (if that) are just nonsensical for the scale. That, or reduce the Tyranids, Orks and IG, because 1/10th of their current size would still overwhelm the likes of Eldar, Tau and SMs (don't know the numbers for the Necrons) and keep their horde status.

Those who just want something badass are not going to look into it anyway... For them the Guard is just "without number" and the SMs are "enough". And for fucks sake, tone the Orks down. How can a species be even more numberless than the Guard and still be able to, lorewise, have more or less the physical prowess of the already overpowered Space Marines? Those are small changes that casuals wouldn't even notice... In fact they don't even know about that lol

My guess is they just don't know maths. In the battle of Cadia they describe like twenty Guard regiments as if that was a horde number. I don't know exactly how many Guardsmen that is, but for a planet that exports them for a living, in the literal apocalypse, that is just not even close enough.

wtf mission 13 ramps up to insanity

I ran into a wall on this mission and haven't tried it a second time yet. Eldar seem way too fucking expensive to cope with this wave shit.

Easily the most artistic race in the setting.

tryin' it again
looks like there's 3 small groups in the invisible smoke areas, and then the 2 larger groups you rescue, and 2 or 3 resource caches around the map that you should get before killing the 2nd base

S C O U T S

Go full Raptors nigger mine and sniper their asses

could we atleast keep a 40k video game general for other shit

Veeky Forums sucks balls

>How can a species be even more numberless than the Guard and still be able to, lorewise, have more or less the physical prowess of the already overpowered Space Marines?
Why can't they? It's the lore, they can do whatever they want, humanity is supposed to be fucked on all fronts in 40k anyways, the whole point is that Space Marines are the only fighting force they have capable of standing up to any of the xenos or daemons and there is nowhere near enough of them go around.

>In the battle of Cadia they describe like twenty Guard regiments as if that was a horde number. I don't know exactly how many Guardsmen that is, but for a planet that exports them for a living, in the literal apocalypse, that is just not even close enough.

I don't know where you read that or how big a Guard regiment is but they called back every Cadian regiment back to Cadia to defend it which is cited at 850 million troops, that's quite a lot.

shame, whfb has a friendly general for all games over there
probably because they're so tiny

>Why can't they?
Because logic. Take one soldier who is described to be able to rip through entire armies, multiply him by a bazillion and you have the galaxy overran in less than a century.

Ork thematic is that they are supposed to be strong (not the strongest), resilient, warlike and fearless, but precarious in lots of regards, relying on literal meme magic. Take that away from them and there's no reason they should ever lose a battle.

>infighting
Literally never happens on a relevant scale during major Waaaghs!.

>humanity is supposed to be fucked on all fronts in 40k anyways

No. They are supposed to be OVERSTRETCHED, not "losing every fight they get into". Armageddon wouldn't be possible if Orks were that stronger.
Despite memes, the IG is a very organized and capable fighting force, with massive firepower at their disposal. They just don't care about human loss (and they don't need to).

>the whole point is that Space Marines are the only fighting force
Where are you getting that from...? The bulk of the fighting is done by the Imperial Guard, quite capable of standing on their feet, thank you. Space Marines are supposed to turn the tide against most armies, losing only because of numbers (and because they can't be everywhere), except for the occasional Daemon Lord or particularly powerful Eldar, for which they have even more specialized units, like Grey Knights and Deathwatch. Not to "fight as equals". That's what a spearhead is.

What I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense, not that they can't do that. If you don't want the setting to, then whatever.

>I don't know where you read that or how big a Guard regiment is but they called back every Cadian regiment back to Cadia to defend it which is cited at 850 million troops, that's quite a lot.

I don't remember the name of the source, but it was widely discussed in 40k forums when I was looking for the outcome of the battle. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to find it.

I found it. Fall of Cadia, a single regiment - Creed's 8th - is holding "the last major fortress", Kars Kraf. Described at 8,000. Which is nothing, really. Especially considering the opposing side has Daemon Primarchs

SUMMON THE ELEC- er, SUMMON THE BATTLE BRATHAS!

Also the "ally, we will stage an attack here" SM announcer worked on Sins of a Solar Empire, if I'm not mistaken. I recognize his voice.

>2 finals so far.

Not statistically significant, user. You should have listened in first year stats.

>reskinned daemon orks
Bloodletters are in the campaign and aren't just reskins.

>cover is now better than DoW2's shit system that barely worked for IG/Orks/Nids and was irrelevant past 15min
Yeah, yeah it is.

what was the magic number, somewhere around 22-30?
i should've paid attention too

>tfw her counsel is refused at every turn

i actually like the mass effect music

Biel-Tan was the craftworld who gave less of a fuck about prophecies.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeee hotkeys

probably because everyone else died

filename

Is DoW2 a good game?

it's dead, don't bother unless you want to play the campaigns

vanilla sucks, boring af, chaos rising campaign is pretty dope, retribution is pretty good too

it's alright
campaign's far more intimate than whatever's in dow3

I'm like 5 missions into the vanilla campaign, and the only thing I really do is crisscross the map, plonking down Avitus in front and then leapfrogging the rest of my squads in front. When I reach the boss character, I plonk down Avitus and the shooty ones in back, and have force commander and any beaty boys tank until I beat the boss character. Is this basically the game, or is there actual strategy involved down the road?

that's the whole vanilla campaign, yeah, be prepared to play the same maps over and over about 10 times each with the same objectives too

chaos rising is much more interesting, requires some strategy, missions are all unique with cool objectives and map design etc

i actually literally just finished it (again) like 10 minutes ago, i am doing my 2x playthrough of retri now

vanilla is an awful slog that never really gets that much more fun, you can stick everyone in terminator armor and a-move it near the end which makes it less tedious but that's about it. if you finish it you can import your save to chaos rising and keep all your items and levels and stats if you want to do that.

>that's the whole vanilla campaign, yeah, be prepared to play the same maps over and over about 10 times each with the same objectives too
>chaos rising is much more interesting, requires some strategy, missions are all unique with cool objectives and map design etc

whelp, you just convinced me to ditch vanilla and start CR instead

>if you finish it you can import your save to chaos rising and keep all your items and levels and stats if you want to do that.

whelp, you just convinced me to renege on that decision and finish vanilla instead

the life of a completionist is a hard one

lol i feel that. i am the same way. you don't miss much if you skip vanilla, it boosts all your characters up to 18 (i think?) in CR, only 2 levels behind the vanilla cap, and there is enough exp that I think you will be able to cap everyone at 30 by the end of CR either way. most of your old gear gets obsolete really quickly, and the only good stuff, your terminator armor, mysteriously breaks for no reason and you can't use it again until halfway through CR when you'll have replaced it already or have better power armor.

i still played vanilla because i am autistic, i kind of regret it now. i am probably making it out to be worse than it is but it's really pretty mediocre. the story is also not very interesting and has pretty much nothing to do with the overarching blood ravens story of CR and Retribution. at least it's short and you can bang it out pretty quickly if you really want to do it.

playable IG when?

I do not understand how this game works. Were can i read about that?
How resources are divided between allies? Who gets them? One who captures point or those who build on it? I can upgrade other people captured points does this mean i get something from them?

Resources are shared

all points are shared

play 1v1 you scrub

Everyone get equal amount and not like everyone eating from same bowl, whoever spend more?
And i only play versus AI, playing verses real people and getting stomping is frustrating.

>playing verses real people and getting stomping is frustrating
That's autism.

It might be but whats your point anyway?

You should seek help.

Everyone on ur team gets income from all points ur team owns.

But each player has a separate pool of resources.

So income is shared, but spending is individual.

Who can help me?
Thank that cleared some things.
I'm also often having bug were keyboard doesn't work and WASD move camera instead and only that move camera, middle mouse button do not and mousing over boarder too. Any way to fix this?

That's not the bug. Press alt

God dammit. How should i know this, why this is not tutorial? And what button to select all not builder forces at once?
Also other bug, mission 8 or 9, Eldar ones, i have to destroy Orks base, but when i do nothing happens, and script just doesn't run.

Any Aussie/Kiwi battle brathas gonna be playing tonight?

I think it's in the options?

there are no binds in options lol, good luck

hey user, I might be up for some 2v2, how late do you intend to stay up tonight?

YOUVE GOT YA SHOOTA BOOYYS

I'M A KILLA KAN, NOT A KILLA CAN'T