2018 Mercedes Benz X-Class

Specs :
>RWD Standard and 4WD (4Matic by Merc) Optional

>Engines (Petrol and Diesel are offered)
Petrol :
1. X220 - 4cyl - 164 horsepower and 176 lb-ft of torque

Diesel:
1. X 220d - 161 HP and 297 lb-ft of troque
2. X 250d - 188 HP and 332 lb-ft.of torque
3. X 350d - 255 HP and 405 lb-ft of torque. (range topping)

>Transmissions
Automatic and Manual are offered.

>Towing and Payload
According to Mercedes-Benz, the X-Class is capable of hauling up to 1.1 metric tons (2,425 pounds) in the bed, and it can tow up to 3.5 metric tons (7,716 pounds).

(FYI I am not a marketing employee of any company. I just like sharing news everywhere.)

no V8? wtf?

This is the tenth X-Class thread today and we've become exceedingly efficient at it.

Nope. Just a 4cyl and a V6 Diesel.

10th? I only saw 1 and that thread hasn't shown any info or pics.

This is the base model spec.

PRICING INFORMATION and AVAILABILTY

In Europe, Africa, South America and other markets, though, the X-Class is a go. It will be sold as part of the Mercedes-Benz Vans division, and it's expected to go on sale in Europe this November, starting around €37,000 ($42,758). Other markets will see the X-Class starting in 2018 or 2019.

Its fate in the US is still uncertain. Back in February, Mercedes-Benz still wasn't sure if there was room for this truck in the US market. The full-size pickup segment is where all the money's at -- midsize pickups are still popular, but sell in far lower volumes. If it were to come here, Mercedes would need to build a new plant or retool an existing one in order to satisfy perceived US demand.

That's actually pretty nice looking, not over-the-top. I'd drive a diesel version.

This is the interior of the base model spec.

$42,758 for a base model light pickup is fucking insane.

Optional feature on the XClass

Carbon was a mistake.

WHERE'S MY WOOD TRIM RREEEEEE

and in the US market?
If it won't be sold in the country of pick up trucks, then into the trash it goes with the Volkswagen Amarok

If this came to the US and Canadian market, would you buy it?

What are your opinions on the vehicle?

Includes sales/value added tax. Burger friendly price before taxes would be around $31k. And it's a standard diesel which is an expensive option on midsize trucks offered in the US.

I'm getting a VW Up vibe from those tail lights.

Why is there so many damn threads being made about this?

No, until now Mercedes Benz is not considering the X-Class for the NA market.

Benz ain't sure about the market for the truck in NA because the NA market is dominated with fullsize indigenous trucks by Ford, Dodge, Chevy etc so they are not taking the risk for now.

no

too expensive, not enough power, no brand recognition of workhorse reliability,

Theres literally no reason why you would get an X class over a GMC sierra denali

Excuse me, price before taxes would be around 31k€, which is around $36k.

>HALOGENS

Just get the fucking Nissan this is based off of, goddamn.

Except that a Sierra Denali starts at $16k more, or almost one and a half times the price of this thing.

OP has a good reason. None of those threads provide any info on the truck.

If I wanted luxury in a truck, I'd buy a GMC, the top-trim level Chevy Silverado, F150 Platinum etc. I'm sure these mentioned trucks will last longer than this pile of merc unreliable shit.

keep in mind that it includes 19%VAT
a VW Amarok starts at 41k€ $47k (comes with a v6 diesel and AWD others start at RWD and 4cyl)
a Ford ranger at 28k€ $32k
Toyota Hilux at 25k€ $29k
and the Nissan Navara it is apparently based on at 27k€ $31k
so it's at the upper end of the market but not really overpriced

>buy American truck
>engine lasts forever
>the rest of it falls apart over time

an X class would start at mid 40k and a fully optioned one would be mid 50s guaranteed.

A 1500 denali also has a gasoline v8 with 420 horsepower and 460 lb/ft or you can get a diesel V8 with 445 horsepower and 910lb/ft (NINE HUNDRED) on the 2500 denali for the same price as a loaded X class

>buy Yurop truck
>body/chassis lasts forever
>engine falls apart over time

You just can't win.

That very ugly, how much does it weigh.

Atleast it's going to be cheaper in the long run.

>we won't sell a pickup truck in the land of pickup trucks
>it's too risky

truck interiors are meant to be battered to shit. you can go in your truck with a fucking hose and hose that shit down and it'll be fine

Might as well buy an X-Class and a Denali then, to be prepared.

I've already said that the X-Class minus included value added tax is equal to around $36k. You can't possibly option out the X-Class far enough to make it as expensive as the STARTING price of a Denali. In fact a diesel Denali 2500 is SIXTY EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS.

>you cant possibly option out a mercedes over 60k

That's a Jeep, not every truck.

Damn that actually looks good in this way.

It's a rebadged fucking Nissan, what options would there be to make it almost twice as expensive? We're not talking about an AMG E-Class here.

>that useless tiny bed

yurop lmfao

>he doesn't think an X63 AMG is coming

Every midsize crewcab has a bed this size, including the Colorado, the Tacoma and the very Frontier that the X-Class is based off.

And most private truck owners have nothing worth mentioning to haul in it anyway.

X63 6x6 would be badass.

x class
>4 cylinder
>164 hp
>176 lb-ft
>40k

Silverado 1500
>6.2 v8
>420 hp
>460 ft-lb
>40k

Ford F150
>3.5 ecoboost v6
>275 HP
>470 lb-ft
>30k

Dodge Ram 1500
>395 hp
>410 lb-ft
>40k

If it looks like this pic, I buy it for hauling my yoga mat.

mother of god

>premium german
>american
>shitty american
>american/italian abortion

Hmm.

>too expensive, not enough power, no brand recognition of workhorse reliability,

>too expensive
kek... look at the price F150 Limited and Sierra Denali

>not enough power
subjective, it is sufficient for most.

>no brand recognition of workhorse reliability
Who cares... They want a truck with a benz badge.

>no brand recognition of workhorse reliability
>Who cares... They want a truck with a benz badge.
also Mercedes has a great recognition of workhorse reliability in europe where this will be sold
just look at the Sprinter, Unimog, G class etc...

Meanwhile in America
>eewwwww Mercedes also manufacture WORK vehicles? I'll never buy another Mercedes again! clearly their image is ruined and they have no clue about luxury!

There you go. X-Class will be smashtastic for Benz, then Benz will create its own platform in the future.

These bitches would say like "ohh cool at least, they offer a better utility."

They probably don't give a crap. At least, they know they own a poser, superior mobile making others envy.

Where the fuck is the X63s twin turbo v8? These are all literal cuckmobiles

Silly humans; this car will be a piece of shit.
Morbo loves Mercedes-Benz and has owned 8 in the last 25 years but this is a fucking Nissan.
It won't even have a MB engine for fuck's sake.
It won't tow my race car trailer as well as mt F150
It won't go off road like my old G wagon
Why?

>come from behind
>key on ignition
>start car and out into reverse
>reverse with full force
>moms call down
Coz this is how you get your 200k gwagon stolen

Simple. I like it.

>cars for mouthbreathers

The V6 diesel is a Merc engine. Only the 4-cups are from Nissan

thats pitiful for a truck desu.

muh vee aight

>short bed crew cab
STOP THIS. STOP IT RIGHT NOW. What a fake truck.

>That smug kid leaning on the GLASS like that

Holy fuck someone beat him. Immediately.

Paid shills.

This. Americans are fully retarded. Nothing will ever supplant their poorly made domestic shitbox trucks like the F150, Silverado, and RAM.

>dat pic

It looks good, but the cancer is spreading like wildfire. I bet Ford, GM, and Ram must be trembling right now.

Soon.

I wanna see this with the quad turbo diesel from the M550d

Not completely true. They both have a dual cab long box option. I think the Nissan frontier has that to. At least in the NA market.

Think again, don't forget about the ridgeline

Honda fit and finish
Honda reliability
Best in class fuel efficiency
A 3.5liter V6
280hp (210kW), 262lb·ft (355N·m)
Widest bed in it's class (it has a trunk too)
1588lb payload
Tow up to 5,000 American lbs.
And it all made down south in Alabama.
And what dose Honda mean, i'll tell you krauts.

H
>honorary
O
>omerican
N
>national
D
>dealer
A
>association

Real American shit made for Americans. Get that rebadged Nissan navara out a here.

Why though?

Anyone else thing the Back end looks like shit in every color except black?

Also why isn't the rear axle further back? It looks retardo where it is

Axle position makes perfect sense on a single cab, and I guess they didn't want to build a different wheelbase frame for the crew cab. Nobody's going to haul mentionworthy weight with a crew cab, and these pickups are big enough and hard enough to manouver in Europe to begin with.

There prob may be an amg version like everything else

Possibly. Speaking of the matter, there's a German tuner that swaps the Touareg's V8 TDI into the Amarok, but the price of the damn thing is astronomical.

> 1. X220 - 4cyl - 164 horsepower and 176 lb-ft of torque
> 1. X 220d - 161 HP and 297 lb-ft of torque

wat
those are terrible specs for a truck

If you're never going to haul anything it doesn't matter whether you're driving a 160 hp Mercedes or 420 hp F150 King Ranch. Mercedes merely adjust the power to the actual requirements of luxury trucks, which are NONE.

I had a 4cyl tacoma which was about 159hp, never hauled much, and just wanted to kms with the sluggish daily driving. Literally slower than a loaded uhaul truck. I can't imagine the X class being lighter by an significant means for 164hp to be acceptable in daily driving.

Buy merecedes, drive til engine dies, swap in American engine.

It's foolproof.

I drive a 1350 kg, 90 hp turbodiesel Toyota and it's not too bad. I can keep up with traffic and do 140 kph all day on the Autobahn. Flat out it does 180 kph. A 160 hp diesel truck can weigh 2400 kg for the same p/w ratio.

Yep, that's apparently what Mercedes told in the press.

>leather
my ass is already sweating

really makes you think

>ameribetes sperging out over a car they can't buy
oh it's this episode again

>Premium German

Buddy, it is a D23 Nissan with a Merc badge

That's your standard Japanese pickup axle/bed placement on the 4 door models

It is stupid but you can still carry a ton in it. Japanese work vehicles are all cabovers anyway

>Hanz Yurocuck deluding himself that even burgers are dumb enough to want to buy this lemon

Those specs are fine for a truck

But shit for a private vehicle.

That benzer just looks fucking shit and generic round shaped fucker

It would be cool if it had the s class grill and BIGGER LIGHTS

Last great car was the c63 amg pre 2016

>maxes at 400lb/ft
Hell no, what happens when i need to tow a 8ton machine, rent a real truck?

I love mercedes but this is stupid as fuck.

You're not allowed to tow 8 tonnes with a midsize truck anywhere in the world. It's a Nissan Navara/Frontier, so I expect the Euro tow rating to be 3,5 tonnes or 7700 lbs, no idea what the Frontier is rated for in the US.

300lb-ft is plenty for a normal person

It's a Nissan Frontier. Not enough room up front for a V8.

>176 lb•ft
What the fuck, you may as well tow with a hatchback, what the hell is the point of this abortion of a truck?

I rather get the same truck for half the price/10

literally the only trim worth considering.