Skyline stuff

Been hunting for an R32 for a while. Finally found what I think is a good one for a good deal.
>1990 GTST, 65k miles, only has exhaust, intake, and intercooler, rest is stock
>runs fine and drives with no knocks/leaks (as per owner)
>wants $10,500 for it
Only downside is it's 11 hours away so I'd pretty much have to commit to buying before I even see it. Obviously I'm gonna still go over everything and do a compression test.
>inb4 get a GTR, that shit's far out of my budget

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TW3ZC8jyrAo
youtu.be/XF2KZ3Yrd6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Goodluck if you go through with the drive. Ive always preferred the R32s. Great body style.

bump

What are you trying to get out of this thread besides (you)s. You havent asked any questions.

you're going through craigslist? or buying from some owner, not through an importer?

I typed it in my head woops
This a good idea to get or should I wait for a better opportunity that's closer ?

R32 facebook page

looking at a gts-4 or gts-t for a DD as an R32 is supposed to suck.
Also looking at S13s.
Which should I go with, anons?

Good luck.
I would never buy a skyline from someone who wasnt an importer. Do you have all the importation documents? Are they filled out correctly? How do you know they didnt fuck any of it up? How do you know it isnt a grey market soon to be crushed car? I wouldnt want to pay for someone elses mistakes.

imo I wouldn't have either as a daily. For me this is going to be my second car.

I mean I have another car, but I'd give it back to my parents so they can have a second car.

NEVER buy any RB20 garbage

They are total trash engines. Don't fall for the RB meme. Only RB25 and 26 are decent.

RB25 > RB26

As long as it's near a major airport you should be able to get a plane ticket day-of for about $200 if you use a shit tier airline like Frontier. Just accept the fact that the trip will be expensive and go check it out if you think it looks promising.

agreed. youre spending $10k on a car. its worth the trip out there just to see. if you like it, great. but dont go out there thinking "well i came all this way, i might as well buy it"

If you go for this one, you'll have a road trip or at least a story to always remember the car by. It may end up meaning more to you this way.
The good thing about an RB20 is it self-limits the power capability, so you don't go overboard and blow it up as easily. There are people who claim it's more reliable than the other variants, which is a factor of it's smaller ports and overall smaller displacement. Think of this as an advantage. A reliable 350hp engine is better than a broken 500hp engine.

>10.5k usd for a r32
Fukn hell these are expensive now. Make sure you can get a copy of the auction papers, otherwise the mileage doesn't mean shit and it's more than likely rolled back.

As someone who daily's an R32 you should defiantly check it out if your're interested in these cars. Not a GTR but humble to say the least.

sigh, rb20 a god engine

unopened RB20s:
youtu.be/TW3ZC8jyrAo (2:12 it beats a 5.7L supercharged v8)

youtu.be/XF2KZ3Yrd6Q

Have you considered an Evo instead?
Former R32 owner here.
RB20s are super laggy off boost.
Steering is numb and slow.
RB20 gearbox is made of glass.
Interior looks shit.
Fun to drive and sounds great but not really worth the money now.
Pic Related, my old R32

>sigh

sorry im from reddit, hi there I am delighted to be welcomed to this community

wheel specs? looks good user

17X9 +20 offset

rb20 sucks

>RB weight
>SR power

Good try man

>GTST

If you're a skyline nerd it's totally worth $10k+tax/transport/travel and the inevitable couple grand you'll have to spend to spruce it up

If not, buying an ancient used japanese 2-door with the steering wheel on the wrong side is one of the dumbest things a human being could possibly do with 10 thousand dollars, considering you already own a car.

Shit or get off the pot, nerd.

I'm buying an R32 GTR soon, but the Japanese owner removed the wing. Does anyone know where I can buy an OEM wing, or even good aftermarket?

There's one on ebay from japan, used. Around $400 shipped plus paint work

what gas mileages do the GTSTs and GTRs run?
I keep seeing figures between like 15 and 24ish

>rb20
>10k

get a shitty one from japan for 2k and drop an rb25 neo + 300zx trans in there

much better engine

Ya'll niggas are getting some good deals. I'm in Japan and the price is like $15k US. Rice tax strong

nonebuddy?