/acg/ - Armored Core General

Wynne D. Fanchon has nothing on Wendy edition.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8cTRbsw5hqI
youtube.com/watch?v=g5Ch7cJNbMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sorry for no bumping, busy playing Persona 5 and Nier

Good taste in games

T-thanks

bump

Live.

I'm gonna protect this thread like I protected the cradles

seeing the pic and filename, I think that Wynne was the killer.

She may be idealistic, but shes strong as hell

Bump

bump

bump

Bump.

bump

Bump.

I don't think I can take this much longer guys. If they don't reveal AC6 at E3 this year I'm gonna lose my mind.

Why does Veeky Forums have two /acg/'s?

There's Armored Core General and Animal Crossing General.

Because the name /acg/ was just too cool not to share.

I don't know why, but that lighting looks really cool

Guys do I give up on being a heavy pilot or do I stick to my stubborn ways and just accept that I wont get a mission rank higher than B?

Heavy does just fine on some missions. The one with Amons everywhere comes to mind.
It's all about playing to the kinds of attacks you see on a given mission.

Alright so the PSP version of the 3rd gen AC games are way too much input lag for me to enjoy, but the PS2 version has a shite framerate once past the main menu. What do?

didnt someone get triggered because V era have to 2 villains on this?

I've never found the input lag to be a problem, but it's a common complaint other people seem to give that I don't understand. AC controls closer to a driving sim, not a first person shooter.

As for the framerate, try playing it in a small window. PCSX2 auto-scales resolution and textures based on window size, PPSSPP lets you play full screen without scaling.

There are going to be framerate issues regardless though, especially with AC2/AC2:AA. They shipped with some missions that never got over 15fps. I don't think it's hardware related but just really poorly optimized code.

Technically WGIX/V is both an ACV and ACFA bos.

I'd re-do it for:
>Nine Ball
>Leos Klein
>IBIS / I-CFFF-SERRE
>Zinaida
>White Glint
>Hanged Man
>Maggy

Is pre Nexus AC games worth checking out? I imagine it'll be clunky controlling the AC with a d-pad

Bump.

Yes, they're worth checking out.

I decided to bust my ass on revising the guide. Reply this post with your suggested edits.

Bump

Pre-nexus AC games are generally the best AC games for single player experience.

It is clunky but you get used to it. If you're emulating you can just map the D-pad to the joystick.

The descriptions make the games sound really bad, and that's not good for new players that want to get into the series. They read more like review criticisms than pros/cons.

Add the PSP ports to 3rd gen and 3.5 (LR only).

AC2 and AC2:AA should not be listed as hard. The games themselves aren't that difficult, the only 'hard' part about them is the few missions where the framerate drops. I'd like AC2 as Medium and AC2:AA as Difficult.

Then change Nexus to Hard.

Remember, these charts are for FIRST TIME players, not existing fans.

Here's how I would do it:

Left side:
[Game name][Game name]
[difficulty] [difficulty]
[Why start with this generation?]
[pros]
[cons]
[description]

Right side:
[Picture] [Platforms]
[Picture] [Emulates: Poor/Well/etc.]

1st gen:

Why to start: AC1, If you want to play production order, ACMoA if you want a good retro game
Emulates: Easily
Quality/Budget: Low
Pro: Very retro styling,
Con: Very overpowered weapons, very bright / neon graphics, low default framerate
These were the first games, where staples of series (mail, money management, mission/arena ranking, etc.) were added. Master of Arena is the most polished, but AC1 and AC:PP is still a classic.

2nd gen:
Start with: AC2, for a good story.
Emulates: Poorly (unavoidable FPS problems)
Quality/Budget: Medium
Pro: Great bosses, futuristic styling. (AC2 only: Good Story) (AC2:AA: Lots of missions)
Con: Runs poorly, occassional difficulty spikes. (AC2:AA only: No Arena Mode, very little story)
AC2 was the first "mature" game in the series that focused on smoothing out some of the problems with 1st gen. With a space-age futuristic style, the weapons are more fairly balanced but it still suffers from difficulty spikes and framerate issues.

etc.

Bump.

Kickass.

Is AC2 really hard? First one I beat after failing to complete AC1

Bump.

One can only hope friend

I beat it on hard but to be fair I cheesed it with a tank build and rockets

Bump.

How to make combat in AC games feel as absorbing as the Souls games? Pvp in AC is great, but I don't think anyone enjoys taking out MTs and the like that much. Thoughts?

I know! Why not make it so that enemies drop parts? I mean, check this out, not FULL PARTS, but rather... fragments! So you can build actual parts out of the trash you've collected! But check this out... since you're doing this, the parts that you are making are gonna have different stats, making you able to build something with different statistics! You would also be able to make custom parts with your own ammo and effects! What do you guys think?

Bump

Bump

As someone who is actually trying to do that with a mod for Last Raven:

It has ENTIRELY to do with making the player feel involved in each action, and reaction. In souls, it's VERY obvious when an enemy is vulnerable, and VERY obvious when they're about to attack. Behavior is binary, players make a decisions > then execute.

In souls, things that affect what decision you'll make (like turning around or raising your shield or rolling) happen almost immediately. But execution happens with a regular delay that you have to memorize. This means that you are free to make lots of decisions, but you have to commit to whatever you make.

But in AC, you attack WHILE dodging, and it's not always obvious when a player is vulnerable. Instead of making binary decisions about what to do next, you're doing EVERYTHING all at once.

The changes you want to make to AC are basically identical to what they did with ACVD:

>Faster turning speed.
>More distinct weapons
>Faster muzzle velocity (you know when you're going to hit rather than guessing and hoping they don't dodge)
>Longer lock times (makes periods of vulnerability more obvious)
>binary (on/off) dodging (quickboost, instead of boost hopping)
>Lower boost acceleration
>more stun /stagger with weapons (again, more obvious vulnerability)
>faster EN regen with smaller capacity
>faster heat build up and cooldown
>slower overall speed
>fewer hits to death
>more OHKO options

Also, to follow up with this, ACV and ACVD did a great job of involving player decision / agency in MT fighting by making some MTs immune to certain types of weapons, requiring players to learn which weapons worked (both stats-wise and strategically) for certain types of MTs.

The turrets would have high resistance to certain damage types, the flying MTs would dodge quickly, necessitating quick lock on, the big shield MTs needed to be kicked or hit with something heavy to knock their shield away, etc.

I think MTs dropping parts would be a bit silly, but being able to salvage scrap from them that can be sold or upgraded into weapons would be good. Some kind of tuning system that functions like souls infusions, where you can adjust the stats of the head/core/arms/legs or weapons by combining elements of dropped equipment from other ACs or MTs would be good. ACV's story did that a little bit with having most of the weapons you get as rewards for killing ACs that use them, including UWs.

ok /acg/ what is your wet dream with the serie? getting a anime or movie? being more popular? open world? PC port? crossover with something? introducing love interest sub plot?

Open-world
PC port
Movie

>ok /acg/ what is your wet dream with the serie?
Hate to be so boring, but I'm gonna be. Primarily just a remake/remaster of AC3 + Silent Line with new graphics and online, but a few elements from newer games as well.
>Certain fan-favorite parts are put in, for aesthetics if not functionality, like AALIYAH parts. Maybe with PA as their core function, replacing EO or OB.
>Garage customization and online super-bosses like VD, including Motherwill; fA design, VD difficulty.
>Clan support similar to V, but don't make it a requirement.

Pc port
Anime
Mission based Open world. With good level design

>anime

disgusting

This

An open-world AC3 remake using modern graphics and multiplayer would be plenty. Give it tighter controls and a beefy tutorial for new players.

If they're going to make an anime-style game, don't call it armored core.

I'd want a game that is back in space like 2nd era. Giant bosses that are more than just bullet sponges. Keep the weapon arms from the 5th gen and throw in a killer soundtrack.

Have a movie that's more action than story with great characters.

Wasn't the biggest fan of ACV, but that image gets me rock hard every time. I was a little disappointed that I never got to head an assault on a defensive line of absolutely titanic cannons

the same feeling, V had some really good promo art.

youtube.com/watch?v=8cTRbsw5hqI

youtube.com/watch?v=g5Ch7cJNbMk

SASUKE SASUKE SASUKE SASUKE SASUKE

Holy shit you found it. I'd seen that picture all the time on loading screens and always loved it, but I could never find it online. Thanks dude

What track could use a remix? either FreQuency Album or DLC stuff.

didnt we have a thread trying to find that pic on a decent size? or was with another user?

Was Mr. Adam ever remixed? All the ones that I liked have already been redone

>PCSX2 auto-scales resolution and textures based on window size
It lets you set internal rendering separately from display window size.

BLOODY UNICORN

Literally just build off of 5th gen's base, with more/better shit in it. More parts, better map design (and also going back to the old ACV-style 'turf-war CQ design), better technically designed (higher FpS, resolution, etc.), more story with more missions and more plot, and most importantly, more advertising for more players.

Can I transfer a Nexus save direct to LR? Do either Nexus or NB have exclusive parts or is it just having good parts in general before you get into LR? If the former is true, are they added to LR PSP? Do any of the PSP ports interact with each other or allow transferring? How is Formula Front?

>Fromsoft
> better technically designed (higher FpS, resolution, etc.)
Never fucking ever. Better hope for a PC version. Would be nice for the longevity of a new AC's multiplayer and modding would be great.

Yes.
Ninebreaker has parts that aren't in Nexus, but everything in Ninebreaker makes it to Last Raven. Part of the transfer is having good parts. The other part is not having to suffer as much to get 136%. There are a few weapons that are really painful to unlock in LR that they just give you in NB.
LR PSP has all the parts of LR and then some extra.
To my understanding, yes.
Eh, not that great.

Thanks. Anything in particular I should purchase/unlock in Nexus and NB that's a pain in the ass to get in LR?

It's been a while, but I seem to remember the Wraith and HP pistols being especially nasty.

Great, I'll look for those. Looks like I can scoop up the ps2 trilogy for like ~$40 bucks at a local shop. Curious if playing the PSP ports with a PSP GO+Dualshock 3 would alleviate the control scheme gripes I've been reading about. My hardware accuracy autism won't let me emulate anything past 5th gen consoles and the GBA at the moment, so PPSSPP is a no go.