Is it a meme? Or should I go to a dealership? I'm planning to spend <20k

Is it a meme? Or should I go to a dealership? I'm planning to spend

It's a meme, but you can still negotiate on their "no haggle" shit so don't be fooled into overpaying. They'll make their money off the cucked men buying their wives crossovers, not off you.

Maybe I'll just go to a dealership then.

Cash or financing? What kind of car are you looking for?

Truck to haul much baikus around. And also to get to work. I've had bad luck with craigslist lemons in the past, even when getting them looked over, so I'd like to be able to get warranty

honestly OP just look around everywhere (from car search websites to even craigslist or Gumtree if you're Australian which is how i got my celica from)

also while you are there MAKE SURE THERE ARENT ANY DEBTS OWED TOWARDS THE CAR, which you can do by asking the department of transport (or the equvilent of your country)

second, bring a mechanic with you to inspect the car and make sure its roadworthy so you wont buy a lemon. if you cant find a mechanic, get one.

third, if you are getting a car from a dealership, check any fine prints within the warranty

Bro, I have literally bought a car on Craiglist and had it checked out by a solid mechanic only to throw a fucking rod the next week. I won't do that shit again.

Then you're a retard. If you buy from the right seller you don't even need an inspection.

Post your local Craigslist. Cash or financing?

must have been a shitty mechanic

its always safe to get it inspected

>a car can't throw a rod randomly
I just want peace of mind that it would be covered under warranty and not "oops you're out 3 grand tee-hee"

Well maintained cars do not throw rods randomly. Sure you can buy the carmax warranty but then you're out the 1-2k for the warranty anyway. Warranties (on generally reliable cars) are for poorfags.

Carmax is good for buying unreliable cars. They offer extensive warranties for good prices on cars that should not be driven out of warranty.

If you want to buy a Rover, Merc, or BMW, this is the right place.

Idk family, I throw my rod pretty regularly

As long as you dont finance through them. With "excellent" credit their lowest rate was still 4-7% and good was around 13-18%. I keked and drove one of their cars anyway

This is acceptable, and even try to take the offer to finance at a higher rate for less principle. If you do this, you can refinance as soon as you walk off the lot. Literally what my company does.

Interesting, so their "no haggle" isn't really set in stone?

Yes it is. That user is full of shit. Carmax does not negotiate.

I'm thinking I'll just go through a dealership and then refinance with my bank at 1.5%

Why not just finance with your bank at the beginning?

Use the dealership interest rate to lower the principle and the refinance the lower principle

You have 20k in cash?

Find a 2016 Rav4 or something from a dealer. Probably could get it for sub 20k at this point.

Pretty good for a used car but can be over priced depending on the vehicle. They seem to have some sort of metric that they follow to set their prices to be competitive with most dealerships, even if that sets them above what a standard dealership would ask. Another thing to look for is that they try to cater to the market in a given area so if you're looking for a specific thing you may need to look at another stores inventory.