240sx as a daily/first car?

Hello Veeky Forums, would anyone recommend a 240sx as a daily? I wanted one for a while now and met this guy in Tampa who rebuilds 240s. Am I making a mistake?

>Am I making a mistake
yes, get a civic

no, it has a fuckinng hardbody drivetrain, it is bulletproof if mantained correctly

No don't.

Why do you want a 240sx as your first car?

Do you have the money to cover the cost of rebuilding it?
you might as well get something reliable if you do

OP here, I was always liked the way s13s looked and I've read that the ka24de was a solid engine and easy to maintain.

Yes, and no I'm about to start my senior year of high school and there are a couple places that told me to call them back in the next couple of months. I really don't want to have to rely on my family for transportation anymore or rely on them to help me build it.

Is this a meme?
I don't lurk often but twice now I've seen this exact thread within a short space of time. Is it the same guy?

Not an SR20DE?

I've been wondering if this was true for all those fucking "rx8 as a first car" threads

>should I get an old piece of shit nissan as a first car while I'm an unemployed high schooler
No you fucking retard, get something reliable first. Wait until you have a solid job and plenty of shekels before you get a shitbox

They were good cars back in the day. Back when Nissan was still Nissan anyway. If you're buying something that's been heavily modded though? Not the brightest idea in the world for your DD. If you're buying one that's still original (ha) and has been maintained well, it'll probably be good for short trips, just don't go cross country with it.

Not OP, but
>what is not wanting to pay insurance on 2 cars

Mine was my daily in high school & I can safely say that if you don't have consistent income for periodic repairs it'll fall into a state of disrepair that'll take years for you to finally fix.
That said, buy one premolested to avoid the guilt of ruining a stock one, keep up with at least serious maintenance and it'll be reliable, and don't abandon the chassis & buy another one like every other schassis owner seems to do when they let too much break & don't feel like fixing.

OP here, My friends that have/owned an schassis convinced me to do an sr swap. I've read that different things like people saying the ka is under powered and perfect for daily driving and people saying the sr is pretty decent for daily driving. Personally I would perfer the sr, but lack of funds and all.

drop an rb25 neo in there

OP, not a meme I'm just stupid.

I've been lurking and seeing those a lot lately too.

> (You)
>OP, not a meme I'm just stupid.
Same guy though right?

If you're going to slam it, then I recommend against anything of remote value. Go ruin a camry or something.

>should I get a Japanese family sports saloon as a daily driver

It's not an E-Type you sperg

idk shit about this OP but if you can afford it go for it

>dat Rem peek

Patrician.