What's your favorite 80s Japanese a e s t h e t i c car? Mine's the Starion/Conquest

What's your favorite 80s Japanese a e s t h e t i c car? Mine's the Starion/Conquest.

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/subaru-xt-turbo-awd-coupe/6222472265.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same.

Celica Supra
>dat straight 6

R31 Skyline hardtop sedan

Is there really no B-pillar?

ソアラ

This really needs to come back. The accord coupe has been axed for 2018 and the type R isn't really competing against the BRZ or the 86.

スカイラインハッチバック

ソアラとレパード

Same as fuck famalam

Soarer Aerocabin. Because if you go to the height of the Japanese car industry, you gotta go luxurious and you gotta go rare features.

I never knew how much I wanted that until I knew it existed.

Yes there really isn't. My friend owned one when I was in high school.

id give my left nut for one of those. I think they came in auto only, but im sure an r154 manual tranny swap would be possible.

>tfw R31 GTS-R
>tfw Subaru XT
>tfw popup Ludes
>tfw S110 Silvia hatch
>tfw Pulsar EXA

Nigga, you just can’t make me choose

My family used to have a cressida wagon when i was younger with the holo dash. It was something else. Always wanted to get one and put a 2j in it.

>S110 Silvia hatch
Literally the only S chassis I would want to own.

>Subaru XT
Why can't I find one of these anywhere? Were they not sold in North America? Wikipedia says they were, but I've never seen one for sale.

nigga that's a 90's car

I want a 4wd xt so fucking bad

don't know much else other than that it was supposed to compete with the corvette

The real question is, MR2 or Mk2 Supra

I don't know, to me it's a comfy cruiser. Would rather add the equally rare air suspension.

I really like the first gen Legend

A60 Celica.

well heres all 3 in one pic

Id say SA/FB RX-7 but I consider that a 70s car

ayy I had a 83 GT same color

know what

fuck Skylines

this shit right here is where its at

Either this or a 3000GT.

They were sold here they are just super hard to find. I almost bought one a couple of years ago for $1400, FWD, N/A, manual. I have seen some others on Craigslist occasionally.

They're one of those cars that are rare but also don't hold too much value to the people who have them who aren't trying to flip them to le vaporwave teens. I saw one in my area for $1000 that the guy was dailying as a beater.

Just need to be patient and look, also be prepared for a complete lack of any kind of aftermarket or other cars to cannabalize.

The Impulse was peak 80s Japanese aesthetic.

Very few of these were sold here back in the day
I've always wanted to see one but i think they're all gone

Beep beep

Indeed, at least in the US and Canada they were sold but are SUPER rare. If I ever found a decent one I'd buy in a heartbeat to restore: it's a far-future classic. Super under-appreciated car.

May make more sense to import JDM and graft on a LHD steering assembly and dash.

I'm from Paraguay, the official Isuzu importer sold only a handful and now all of them disappeared

Well the Z cars in general are more like the Japanese answer to Corvettes and Mustangs. Been around for ages, sold well, sold as sports cars, but they aren't particularly fast.

ALTO WORKS

I really like the AE86 since before it was a meme.

*overtakes everyone in this thread*

Behold the rotary Kei van godmachine.

Is it true that Paraguay is a free for all for vehicle imports?

I'm in Peru with a bike from Canada, and while I don't think I'll have trouble selling to a tourist in Bolivia, I've heard it's an option to sell anything from anywhere in Paraguay?

Yes
There are a lot of JDM cars coming in from Chile, with LHD swaps
Vitzes, multiple Corolla variations and many weird things are sold for less than 3000$

The Corolla successor, while wrong wheel drive, should've been Shinji's car instead of yet another AE86. It would be symbolic of their age differences, and how the AE86/RWD is dated compared to the newer AE92/FWD.

I love the MZ20 Soarer, there is just something about the design that I absolutely love.

GOAT inc

Bimmerfags should stay in their containment thread

Older Mitsubishis are handsome as fuck.

they're not meant to be fast, they're meant to be cheap, reliable, low-maintenance and fun to drive

>Favorite 80s jap aesthetics

All of it.

I feel like an aw11 would've been a way waaaaaaayyy better and more interesting matchup due to similar weight, identical engine, and contrasting drivetrain layouts

so 80s and so perfect without needing any body kits

It's weird having grown up when these cars were still on the road. Most of the cars posted in this thread are fuck ugly with some exceptions. Honda hit a low after the 70s designs for the most part, and in general, all these cars look like cheap shit in person.

>all these cars look like cheap shit in person.

Compared to what?

The cheap shit made in the 70s and the cheap shit today. They feel like they're made of paper and the interiors are ass. It's not even endearingly bad like a british roadster.

I have no problem with the auto, I was just speculating that a swap could be done. im just happy the had the 7m-gtte engines.

gonna have to agree with you there

muh nigga

80s cheap shit is relatively good looking compared to 90s and 00s cheap shit.

This, however the aftermarket isn't completely barren. The neat thing about Subaru is they didn't really change parts much in between the EA82 and the 1G Legacy/Impreza so it turns out a lot of suspension goodies and drivetrain components can be retrofitted fairly easily, at which point you have all the performance aftermarket of an Impreza with the A E S T H E T I C of an XT.
Should you go this route, be patient and wait for a 4WD/AWD XT to pop up, makes retrofitting a lot easier.

>Toyota optioned enkeis
MY
FUCKING
NIGGA

Z20

Shame these were never sold in the US, love those strong lines

Yeah except for the fact that there were already two MR2s driven by Kai, and they both *snappu*d, just like the NSX. So the race would basically go "huh he's as fast as I am, this is close, OH LOOK THERE ARE SOME LEAVES YAY I WON".

fuck you

zzw30 was such a useless race lol and tfw takumi won BECAUSE OF LEAVES. I feel like the sw20 race was legitimately one of the ones he should've lost

Cosmo

This guy knows

hhnnnngg
Younger brother is also good
>BRO

Some guy on Veeky Forums theorized that all the stories are told by Itsuki, and he comes up with asspulls as to why Takumi won.

>there was this dude with an mr2 that was kicking dagumi's ass!
>but dagumi won because he also did jampu and the other guy snap oversteered on leaves

I'd say stage 3 was the last of the canon battles and everything after was Itsuki's fan fiction.

kinda want a mark 3 zoopra. are they good and reliable or shitty? what should i look out for?

They are extremely heavy and extremely weak, and the turbos (maybe all of them, but the article only mentioned the turbos) are prone to suffer from premature head gasket failure as the engine block wasn't torqued down tight enough.

90's jap cars have an unredeemable economy shitbox look to them. Everyone knows Germans owned 90's in terms of design aesthetic. America owns it now.

oh my god i had no idea those cunts weigh that much. the fucking autos can be 2 tons apparently.
what is a different cheap wedgemobile then?

the A70 is the reason "poopra" is a word. Even the A80 is extremely heavy, and I need to ask why? There's no way the 2JZ is that heavy. There's no way an RWD drivetrain is that heavy. A fucking Crown Vic weighs less than it.

As for cheap wedges, Z31. They can be had for a few grand for non-turbos, and despite being very rare, the Shiros go for around 5-6 K. Like the poopra, they are heavy and underpowered, but unlike the poopra, they aren't *that* heavy and they aren't *that* underpowered. For instance, a Shiro is 200HP at 3000 pounds, an A70 is 230HP at 4000 pounds.

But it looks like a Z32

Isn't the Mazda Cosmo a better RX-7? Tri-rotor engine with a body that weighs roughly the same? And for a chance, this rotary could actually produce torque, 280 foot pounds at only 1800 RPM?

I like this theory. I will use this theory.

I finally found one of these in my area in pearl white and want it so bad. I just have to call my insurance company and see how much they will rape me for it.

>The 2JZ isn't that heavy

Nigga it's a fucking cast iron block. It weights somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 pounds.

That generation of the Cosmo didn't have an option for a 3 rotor engine, the jc Cosmo is the one that had the 20b. While the jc Cosmo had the 3 rotor it only came with an automatic transmission and the fuel economy was late 60's muscle car bad.

why would you want the asian ripoff of knight rider?

Probably the ra65 celica notchback. I need one so bad.

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/subaru-xt-turbo-awd-coupe/6222472265.html

>not posting the stereo

Here is my 1982 Mazda 626. Only 126,000 original miles on it and its got some rust spots but its still a good running little puddle jumper. Sorry for the driving lights, I work nights and in rural areas so extra light is needed.

I love the look of the car.

Everything in this image is pure sex

I love Japanese cars from the 80s, but I'm completely fucking sick of the word "aesthetic."

Inb4 plebs think this is an R31

This thing IS the japanese foxbody

Sorry you disagree mate.
S10's are just too obscure and underpowered, S12's look too weird, S13 coupes are alright, but S13 hatchbacks are too weird.
S14 and S15 are way too boyracer for me.