Ls swap 240sx

Im in the middle of piecing together the parts for an ls swap on my 240sx.
i got a 5.3L truck engine and recently received a t56 transmission out of a '98 corvette but its missing the tail end and the bellhousing
i can get the latter easy enough but have no idea what parts i need for the tail end.
this is my first project car and i am learning as i go anyhelp would be appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

hotrod.com/articles/20-ls1-intake-manifolds-tested/
grs-motorsports.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19728&start=25
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

heres a pic of my car aswell

If you havent already, invest in a good gas mig welder

That thing looks sad as fuck.
>I have no mouth and I must scream

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

my brother is a welder so im good there

the kit it came with had to go (same with the plastidip)
i bought this thing as a summer project and its now looking like it wont be done till spring

is the spline the same on the vette as the f body t56's?

honestly, man.. find a f body with a t56 in it and just swap that. that way you have everything.

>pigfat LS iron trash

dropped

could've have had a 2JZ/10

as much as i want to be a weabo jap purist
its far more economical for me to go this route
i dont have the cash for a 2jz and a v8 suites me fine
i have the aluminium block LM4 btw

also the truck intake is getting replaced with an ls one

Sell the corvette trans and get one from a gto. Did u buy the mounts? I recommend the poly ones. U need the short shifter kit because the shifter of the t56 doesn't sit high enough.

You need to also hit the walls, as in where the t56 trans won't fit in the 240, u have to dent the walls with a rubber mallet. I did a swap on my s14 3 years ago. U need the slikky away bar also and the new oil pan, the slump one

whats the difference between the vette and gto trans? will i have to bang it out more?
Theres not really a surplus of t56s where i live i had to get this transmission from toronto ffs

i was thinking cxracing mounts and driveline sikky is way more expensive

congratulations on buying the wrong transmission. the corvette transmission will not work. the output shaft is longer than the fbody/gto output shaft. sell the vette transmission and find a fbody/gto one.
t.guy who has rebuilt a 100 or so t56's

Unh. You'd be sad too if someone ripped off your coverings UNH and started poking and thrusting around your insides UNH

UNH UNH UNH UNH

Before you do so, the truck interested isn't bad

hotrod.com/articles/20-ls1-intake-manifolds-tested/

the 2JZ is a boat anchor

i dont like the look of it plus it wont fit under the hood
i have read it flows better

the degenerate cancer has a point though

very stupid swapping an LS into anything,
especially a japanese shitbox.
wayy too much weight in the front.
very stupid idea

iron block truck engines go into trucks.
you can BARELY put an aluminum LS inside a car, but the car specifically needs to be designed for that

You ruined yet another s13 with a project you'll never finish. I hope you are proud of yourself. Just list it on Craigslist now and save yourself the years of agony.

he already said it's an aluminum lm4 and a straight six iron block is longer, and thus heavier up front. this is a common swap even motor trend did. go watch their video. their car barely gained any weight up front, since with all of these swaps, you generally cut the firewall and bury the block

thanks for pointing that out i hadnt realized
ive found more than a few articles of people doing c5 to fbody conversions
its still at least $1500 cheaper than getting a t56
the only one for sale where i live is a province over and for $5000

im capping this
i swear ill prove you wrong senpai

As someone who just swapped their 240 these last few weeks the best advice I can give is to shill out for a wiring specialties harness, and tranny harness, it literally saves so much headache and time. This was my first project car too, and of course an sr20 is much simpler than an LS, but it's really not too bad, the shit that sucks is waiting for parts and when something doesn't fit exactly like you hoped it did.

i have a harness for my engine that im going to make work i have friends that are a bit more savy with the electrical work
i got it for 200 bucks so i have to at least try

Good shit 2bh

Then explain flyin' miata's entire existence.

TRUBO kits and LS swaps are like 99% of what they do.

A VR38DETT weighs more than a iron block 5.3. The 5.3 can make more power naturally aspirated than the 3.8tt can. Really makes you think.

>spring

kek

I thought my first project would take a summer. It wasn't any semblance of "done" for 2 years.

A vr38dett makes 2000hp
Show me an na 2000hp 5.3l

>Retarded faggot doesn't realize just how light LS engines are.

I was comparing a na modded 5.3 to a vr38dett because their power outputs are the same. If Japan made a na V8 over 200hp I'd compare that but... Throw a set of twins on the 5.3 and you're still miles ahead. A 2k hp vr38dett is far a stock engine at that point and cost's $100k.

5.3 is a lightweight block as it was meant for more fuel conscious customers.
The 2JZ block is 500 Lbs and longer than the LS

reminder there are no LS engines running 5's

grs-motorsports.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19728&start=25

Because small blocks are impractical and unreliable at those levels. There are no ford V8's running 3's.

OK, lads. Just got an old 240 and starting to detail it, got polish, wax, clay bar, glass cleaner, tire and rim shit and trim/black restorer. Anything else to grab besides interior stuff?

And how the fuck do you clean those weird velvety cloth seats?

Wrong thread but I guess this works too.

post pics dude

>
>I was comparing a na modded 5.3 to a vr38dett because their power outputs are the same. If Japan made a na V8 over 200hp I'd compare that but... Throw a set of twins on the 5.3 and you're still miles ahead. A 2k hp vr38dett is far a stock engine at that point and cost's $100k.
A vr38dett will ALWAYS out power an na 5.3 no matter what
Even a turbo 5.3, vr38dett has faster records at the strip

fucking orientals dont know how to mount harness'.... wheres your shoulder bar guy?

Might be a Schroth harness with a breakaway strap

>Complains about a pigfat iron engine
>Suggests 2JZ
Weebs, everybody.