Audi a6 transmission

I'm 18 and I just got my first car. There is a park, reverse, drive, nuetral, 4, 3, 2, and a switchover to some sort of manual with a plus and minus option on my shifter. Aside from the obvious modes, what do the number gears do? When would I use them? And how would I use that + and - manual mode and why? Sorry I'm such a vehicular virgin, any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

You sound like a fucking retarded holy shit

The number said represents the highest gear the transmission will engage to.

Ex:set it to 2, and it won't shift past 2nd gear.

Either help me or I'm shifting into 2nd and running over your fucking family faggot

What about the + and -. Is that the level of rpms?

Also the manual mode works the same as a traditional manual minus the clutch. Depending on the car it may shift automatically when you reach a high rev point.

manual gear changes, + is up one gear and - is down one gear

why don't you just get a user manual for your car

It's the gear. + is upshift, - is downshift.

that lets you pick through the gears sequentially.
it's basically just for fun.

>Literally what is a owners manual
>Literally what is Google
>Literally being this braindead
Drive off a cliff

What situations would I want to upshift/downshift in? Also will this annihilate my gas

The owners manual says nothing about transmission. Google searches repeatedly turned up nothing. I'm sorry my post offended you so deeply.

Kek read your grammar over and bask in the hypocrisy.

Were you an aborted baby that survived? Google turned up nothing? I can almost guarantee the owners manual explains and answers ALL of these questions and in great detail. They put it in there just for retards like you that don't have any common sense.

Either you are a troll and we're all falling for it because it's summer or you really are a lost idiot.
In the latter case: just use drive. Learn about the gears in a manual and when to use them. When you do you'll know when and how to use the extra functions (numbers and +/-).
Personally i've used that transmission a lot in a vw passat. Just an outstanding automatic. (For its time). I only use +/- to 'lock' into 5th on the freeway or force a downshift to engine brake. Both should be only used when you fully know how to-, and am experienced in-, driving full auto (D).

If you were going down a long hill you could engage a gear manually to use engine braking, for example. Also, you may be able to use 2 or 3 to start off on a muddy surface, but I'm not sure if your gearbox will let you do that - on mine, there is a W/S switch that allows me to set off in second gear if the road is slippery, but if I manually select 3 it will start off in first or second (depending on the W/S switch) mainly to prevent the torque converter getting ballooned.

>a fucking retarded
You're one to talk.

>i just got an audi a6 as my first car

my first car was a dying 94 S10...

What the fuck are you wearing? Looks like yoga pants that are pulled down. Are you some kinda faggot?

thats a disposable glove dummy

No it's not you dumbass

It's a stock photo dumbass

how does your mind think that's yoga pants pulled down? jesus how stupid are you.

lmao tbf looking at the thumbnail I cant unsee the pulled down yoga pants, opening the image though its obviously a latex glove worn by the passenger in the car, presumably ready for some sort of anal play out in the sticks.

It's not a glove my God,