Looking to buy a new car this weekend, and have a few options:

Looking to buy a new car this weekend, and have a few options:

>1983 Mazda RX-7

>1997 BMW 3181 E36

>2003 BMW 3-Series

Looking for more opinions on these vehicles.

Also, if you have any suggestions for a decent manual transmission RWD car, mention it.

Pic is the RX7

This is the first BMW

Rx7 my man it has the best braaps

And this is the 3 series

Could you give me a rundown? I'm not really familiar with it, but I've heard good things.

The FC RX-7 has pretty shitty performance compared to the FD or even the RX-8.

I wouldn't recommend it

But that's an FB?

>1983

Shit, you're right. Those are even worse.

None of the above. The only fb rx7s that are any good are the 85 gsl-se. The first bmw is shit with the small engine and the second is shit because it's been owned by a faggot that dipped the wheels or put aftermarket ones on it.

One doesn't buy an FB for the performance, one buys it for the feeling, the simplicity, and the fun. For that, they're great weekend/project cars.

You act like it's some huge revelation that the FC (which came out in 1988), has worse performance than the RX-8, which came out in 2002... I kind of don't think you should comment on/about cars. All of these models have their merits and their pros/cons; no one is buying an FC expecting a monster out of the box.

I think they're the best looking RX-7 though.

Alright, what about this?

'98 BMW 328is

Looks better than the other 2 BMW's you posted.

what are the inspections and emissions like in your area. I have a friend that is a dorito nut and ported the ever living hell out of his fb and its pretty quick.

Very strict.

save your money to move to an area that loves freedom.

Post your local Craigslist

Nigga you can't drive a rotary-powered car in a state with tight emissions regulations, they burn way too rich

Basically, don't treat it like a regular car. If you want it to last, mix your fuel beforehand with oil to make sure the engine runs clean. Never keep it at low rpms for a trip, always get to high rippems before turning the engine off to make sure carbon residue is cleared. Make sure to get your engine inspected every 50k ish miles to see if your Apex seals are in good shape.

It's a car you have to treat right, but if you do it will last a long time. Its not the best first car though, because of all the headaches. My advice is to research RX-7 ownership a bit more, and see if it fits your lifestyle. If not, get the E36 and meme it up

SA22C, not FB.

Still lots more personality than any beemer.

I would suggest the e36 as well. Parts don't really cost any more than adeverage for the era, it's fairly simple to work on, and will handle ok right out of the box. Having said that, the suspension will most likely be pretty tired, and will need attention to restore handling balance to decent levels. Also worth noting is the cooling system. If the owner cannot prove that it has recently been overhauled, it will need attention sooner rather than later. If you shop around you can replace nearly the entire system for around $500.

You can't be afraid to get your hands dirty if you are going to own one of these, though the same could be said for the rx7. Once you are up to date on the maintenance on the e36, driving them is a dream, until then they are pretty meh.

New info:

RX7 owner says, and I quote, "runs fine, but something with the carburetor is causing it to turn off at stops"

Is this a redflag? How easy would something like this be to fix?

Just go for the 2003 3 series man, trust me it will be far less of a headache and you'll have plenty of fun with it