What is the Autobahn of North America? Of South America?

What is the Autobahn of North America? Of South America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Af49qU_6TQQ
popularmechanics.com/technology/a21794/cities-unpaving-roads/
wired.com/2016/07/cash-strapped-towns-un-paving-roads-cant-afford-fix/
nytimes.com/2017/03/07/us/omahas-answer-to-costly-potholes-go-back-to-gravel-roads.html
youtube.com/watch?v=55O56wsdQ4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nobody knows what an autobahn is you dumb foreignor

Amerifats live in a cucked police state that has a crumbling infrastructure so there aren't any highways with no top speed limits

it's a 3rd world country after all

>what are highway pulls

youtube.com/watch?v=Af49qU_6TQQ

Utah salt flats, Texas has roads that are 85 mph speed limit, I've been in tight wolf packs at 90 mph on parkways here in Florida where the speed limit is 70

Montana did at one point.

In Kansas on the interstates in places speed is patrolled from the air. I set the cruise at 150 multiple times across it and never once got messed with.
Utah slat flats are good. Even the interstate across the flats the cops are cool, got pulled doing 130 and climbing and all he cared about was some sparks from a tire that was beyond bald, no ticket.
Illinois interstate coming down from Chicago is straight most of the way and it's easy to find someone else who wants to cruise at 100+, cops don't care.
Done multiple runs from west KY to nashville, the latter part of that trip is very hilly and curvy, cops are hidden sometimes but it's usually a good trip at high mph.
Met a corvette that did 95-100 with me from west KY down to the Alabama welcome station and we were never hassled.
I hear Texas is fun.

this.
>but m-muh freedom
>isn't allowed to drive faster than 50 km/h on the highway

Nevada highway 93 on weekdays.
Utah highway 80.
South Dakota highway 90.

>50km/h
wut

50km/h will get you ticketed for driving too slow on most US highways.

Between Green River and Salina, Utah there is a 106 mile stretch of highway with no services. Road surface is decent and it has some nice long sweepers on it too.
I drove through it with a buddy in 2015 and we averaged over 110mph between the two towns (took just under 1 hour to get there).
Did it in the dead of the night and saw literally no other cars the entire way. Some bootleg Wangan Midnight shit.

This.
>driving down I10 in Houston
>middle of the fucking city so plenty of cops
>set speed limit is 65mph
>literally everyone is going almost 80mph
>I get honked at for staying at a safe 75mph

>wolf packs

How exciting!

That idle is fucking naughty

I blame the double nickel era for fucking up our safety priorities.
>I'm doing fitty-five, speed kills! You don't NEED to go faster; have some patience!
*hogs passing lane*
*creates log jam scenario*
*eats burger*
*sends five text messages*
*neglects vehicle maintenance*

Fkin this, my foremost reason to speed is to pass these kinds of retards and get fat away from them

The reason there is no Autobahn here is due to the very nature of North America, and the drivers here. The average NA driver is much worse than the average EU driver, but that's not because Americans are inferior at driving.

In Europe, driving isnt necessary for daily life. While it's a convenience, public transit and the distances involved are more acceptable to take the bus or train. Therefore, people who go out of their way to get licenses are more educated about roads and the laws, since they have to seek it out. In addition, the exams are more stringent, since public safety is vastly more important than making sure people can get to work.

In America and Canada, driving is a necessity. When your drive to work is two hours a day in some places, you essentially need a car to be able to get groceries, take your kids to school, go to work, etc. This means that more people need licenses, and people can get them without caring about driving, more about getting to a destination in time. In addition, exam standards are lower to accommodate for these people, like describes.

An Autobahn wouldn't function well here because of the average commuter's ability to actually drive. People would get used to it eventually, and either learn to use it or stay off. But the years until acclimatization would mean a surge in road accidents, and no politician wants to take responsibility for that. Also, US highways are bad in the sense that lanes start and end frequently.

My advice would be to take a stretch of road with low usage and few on/off ramps and do a five-year trial with Autobahn laws, and see if it has an impact on commuter satisfaction and safety.

pic unrelated, but a wall of text should have a picture

>German
>legally go 150mph every day
>not even on the Autobahn
>in an 86
>mfw

What's with all the German shitposting lately? There's like two threads about this exact same fucking thing every day. Why don't all you faggots just move there already? I'm sure some burger vigilante justice could help liberate Germany from its cucked government and then you'd have no reason not to live there

lmao american highways are 120kph, much faster than most euro shitboxes can go

Give them the room and most euro cuckboxes will do 100mph like almost every other car on the road. Just takes them forever to get there

>120kph
>much faster than most euro shitboxes can go
lol

>Autobahn of North America

Probably somewhere in rural Texas. I think speed limits can get up to 80 out there, which means everyone probably just goes 90.

Limit is 70 in Florida and everyone goes 90 lol

>Therefore, people who go out of their way to get licenses are more educated about roads and the laws, since they have to seek it out
Not true, every country has idiots on the roads. It's not like it's special having a driving license in Europe, everyone i know over age 20 or so has one

Yeah, safety in numbers. Just don't be the fastest guy and you're good.

Considering you're posting on car forum, you're not a representation of the average. And either way, just because requirements are more stringent doesn't mean incompetent people can't get licenses.

In the same way, nearly all my friends and their parents drive manual over here, but the vast majority of people don't. Europe has a different attitude towards road travel than the US.

>120kph, much faster than most euro shitboxes
The slowest shitbox I know:
Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVTi naturaly aspirated i3 68 hp @ 6000 rpm
Top speed: 173km/h according to gps in my best run

Audi TT 1.8 TFSI 180 hp
Top speed tested 252 kmh/h

Our interstate system is 120kph, and most freeways are at least 105 kph. Where are yuropeons hearing this shit from?

And small shitboxes can go at highway speed just fine. Where are North Americans getting the idea from that you need 250 hp in a commuter Camry to go 75 mph?

>120km/h
That is slow
>105km/h
German country-roads are usually 100km/h

Because taking 3 minutes to hit that speed is dangerous when the average vehicle is over 300hp.

>3 minutes to 75mph
Not even my 1.0L naturaly aspirated shitbox needs 3minutes when overloaded as fuck.
Worst case from standing still is 20 seconds, but on highway onramps I start at about 40mph anyway, so I need less than 10 seconds if totaly overloaded.

>What is the Autobahn of North America?
There are no designated speeding roads in the USA. But people are known to speed above 100MPH in Montana's long stretches of low traffic roads.

What stops you from speeding is whether or not you come up suddenly upon another car. They don't think of you as going 120mph, so they pull out onto the road and you hit them since you can't dodge without going out of control on the non-autobahn road surface. You are now forced to brake hard on a non-autobahn surface.

The autobahn is maintained for high speeds while many of these lonely straight highways in america are not. They may seem smooth to you, but if you could get out of your car and look at it from one foot away, you'd see they are weatherworn and not even sealed. It's like a sea of closely-spaced pebbles floating on top of asphalt. Most of the asphalt or concrete between the pebbles has been worn away. If you brake hard, some will come loose so your tire ends up floating on top of a few rolling pebbles. That means (i am guessing) maybe 1/3 of your tread is no longer touching firm pavement because it is sliding on top of loosely rolling pebbles.

This is an issue you need to keep in mind when speeding on amercia's crumbling infrastructure roadways. Social welfare combined with low taxes has eaten much of the funding that built the roads so long ago. Such roads would not be built again without financial hardship to the government. It's why some roads in a large number of states are going back to being UNpaved especially in counties that have problems paying the high pension and benefit costs of retired police, fire, and teachers.

>They don't think of you as going 120mph, so they pull out onto the road and you hit them since you can't dodge
Fucking Americans, learn to drive for fuck's sake.

I drive a 90 hp turbodiesel and I've never had issues merging onto the Autobahn. For one because this sort of cars isn't nearly as slow as you illustrate them, secondly because people will actually make room for you on the Autobahn and don't drive like retarded fucking monkeys.

I drive a 68 hp shitbox and have no problem, you only need to accellerate on the designated strips and rev the engine a little higher....

>I drive a 68 hp shitbox and have no problem

Because all the other cars are 68 hp too... What part of 300hp vs 68hp do you not understand?

>Because all the other cars are 68 hp too.
Nope, most cars here have way more than that..

Despite their strong economy and low unemployment germans are pretty poor.

On almost every autobahn video I see it's tiny clownboxes as far as the eye can see. If it's not a tiny shitbox it's a base spec diesel Audi or Mercedes.

And on almost every interstate video I see it's piles upon piles of Altimas and Maximas and Camrys and Civics mixed up with the occasional Ford Edge or Chevy Equinox. Exactly the same dreary econogarbage, only bigger.

>having to use an unpaved dry lake bed to go as fast as you want

BTFO BY EUROKEKS

Well all those except for the Civic are still almost 300hp soo. that's pretty good for a melanin enriched area like that. Go to a nicer part of north America and it's all big pickup trucks and 300hp sedans and crossovers.

>If it's not a tiny shitbox it's a base spec diesel Audi or Mercedes
>Because le yuropoors can only afford base models
Kill yourself and take your stale memes to the grave with you.

>t. posted from my $150 a month 2 mbit haram filtered internet connection in my $2000 a month flat

>>t. posted from my $150 a month 2 mbit haram filtered internet connection in my $2000 a month flat

you really have to look to find a sub 100hp car nowadays in america and aside the mirage I dont know modern car with less than 100hp.

Did you film that with a potato?

>Social welfare combined with low taxes has eaten much of the funding that built the roads so long ago. Such roads would not be built again without financial hardship to the government. It's why some roads in a large number of states are going back to being UNpaved especially in counties that have problems paying the high pension and benefit costs of retired police, fire, and teachers.

Not so much. The problem is you used to get Fed money for maintenance, but now you only get Fed money for construction. The result is rural areas built more road than they could take care of.

The other problem is the gas tax should've gone up with inflation. Cars get better mileage but still pay gas tax (goes to road maintenance) by the gallon. Of course other than pure age adn weather the real wear and tear is from big ass trucks, but if you don't already know what an ESAL is you probably won't believe that part.

>My advice would be to take a stretch of road with low usage and few on/off ramps and do a five-year trial with Autobahn laws, and see if it has an impact on commuter satisfaction and safety.

and make it a little harder and expensive to get a licenses, its a privilege, not a right. right nows what 200$, and in regards to harder you should be able to recall at least 70% for the raod laws from the book

>and make it a little harder and expensive to get a licenses
Not until you fix your garbage urban planning and can actually offer people options for transit. You can't just build cities around driving for 50 years and then restrict driving.

>You can't just build cities around driving for 50 years and then restrict driving.
>I have the freedom to drive like a retard.
You'll never be a first world nation.

How exactly do you expect this to play out then? You restrict licenses more, people have a far harder time attaining them, many won't and will then have to take absolutely GARBAGE bus services or walk 10 miles to get to work or even buy food? First you need to fix your fucking cities, then you can restrict driving.

And by fixing your fucking cities I don't just mean the inner core, I also mean and primarily mean all those god damn square miles of horse shit suburbs that you all hide in.

I every single German I know above the age of 18 has his license. Are we ALL driving geniuses or are you just too lazy to take elaborate driving classes that actually teach you how to drive and most importantly behave in traffic?

I wasnt trying to make to restrict people from getting licences. jt making sure they knew the rules of the road before getting it

too many fucking on the road thing they 'know' how things work because they've had a licenses for years.

id also like to add to the mandatory driving school

>Amerifats live in a police state that has a crumbling infrastructure

Some cities are even unpaving (going back to gravel) some of their roads inside city limits due to lack of funds. That's not even Detroit.

popularmechanics.com/technology/a21794/cities-unpaving-roads/

wired.com/2016/07/cash-strapped-towns-un-paving-roads-cant-afford-fix/

Warren Buffett's Omaha Nebraska:
nytimes.com/2017/03/07/us/omahas-answer-to-costly-potholes-go-back-to-gravel-roads.html

I went too gaymerica and keeped seeing signs saying 50 lol your a lier

>Our interstate system is 120kph
My USA state still uses MPH and not kilometers on its signs.

any highway out west really. utah has a lot of 80mph highway which is nice, south dakota has some too. theres a stretch of i15 in utah that goes over 100 miles without any gas or nothin, mostly truckers in the right lane too.

>unpaving roads
Ahahahah this makes the local ancient cobblestone roads look like a luxury. Then again that's exactly the treatment that thinly spread out suburbs deserve. Over here dirt roads are the standard for spread out bungalow neighborhoods. Paving miles of them is simply not worth it for the couple dozen (partially seasonal) households.

>any highway out west really. utah has a lot of 80mph highway which is nice
>80mph
>Autobahn
You guys really think anything above 60 is fast, right?

It almost sounds like rotary holy shit. I wish I had his car.

the backroads from my commute to work.

>make it a little harder and expensive to get a licenses, its a privilege, not a right
You will come up against previous racial discrimination lawsuit precedents that stop your idea cold. You'll have to carefully find ways to set up another legal challenge that will overturn one, some, or all of the items mentioned in those anti-discrimination cases.

Sure, it doesn't make sense if you don't use emotions to justify discrimination lawsuits that oppose the use of statistics or other sciences. But that is how the various discrimination laws interact with each other in the USA.

So you have to give up your idea of making driving tests harder. You also can't have a usa autobahn restricted against newbie drivers because the idea of labeling people with stickers was thrown out. And with the move to computer license plate scanning robots in police cars, DUI drivers no longer need to have a red dot on their license plate which also embarrass anyone else borrowing that car.

Most people are barely doing 80 on the autobahn because you all drive slow shitboxes.

>id also like to add to the mandatory driving school
That costs money and is discriminatory towards poor blacks and poor mexicans who can't afford to pay for driving school.

>better education is racist
The absolute state of that god damn country.

>Most people are barely doing 80 on the autobahn because you all drive slow shitboxes.

>so assblasted he went into stroke mode

Good luck doing 80 through a refugee camp.

this

your post made me angry. not you, but the truth behind it. its ok to let you take a two ton vehicle on the road with minimal knowledge, yet when I require you to learn some more, you cry racism..lmfao.

PRIVILEGE DENIED

>So you have to give up your idea of making driving tests harder.
NO
>You also can't have a usa autobahn restricted against newbie drivers because the idea of labeling people
I triple your fines and take your license for a year

the little money that they have comes from the government anyways, so they get do as I say or ill stop sending those checks

>When a cop starts riding your ass because you're only going 65 in a 55 mph construction zone on a curvy urban expressway and he switches lanes and guns it past you at the first opportunity he gets

>assblasted
>yuropoors are so poor they pay taxes for their infrastructure to be maintained
Well, that's how the first world works, literally everyone is wealthy enough to contribute to keeping the country in tip top shape in every regard. We have so much, we don't even notice taking in a million refugees and feed them. Meanwhile in America people can't have nice things because niggers couldn't afford it.

>muh tweestees xDxD
>muh b roads my dude !
>muh no cops no laws LMAO
this is what americlaps actually believe. in the land of the """"""free"""""" where you go to jail for life if you speed but not if you drive like an absolute fucktard (which is how most autotragic ameritards drive).
america is also very flat with gridlock and lots of shitty straight line roads with speed limits enforced by cops with cars way more powerful than your civic with a few simple mods.

this is why americans get so butthurt in all threads for MUH POWER MUH TORKK, even though 100hp is enough to drive on their stupid freeways and highways and what have you.
no one here actually drives or has ever driven fast in their car. FACT
no one here actually has a good car. FACT
anyone here who actually has a good car doesn't drive it fast outside of a track (if they even go to one in the first place) because they will go to jail. FACT

>inb4 some autismo posting pictures of """""muh tweeesteeeess"""" that are like 2 roads in the whole continent
>inb4 some buttblasted autotragic cuck starts ranting about his freedoms and horsepowers and shits on europoors
>inb4 mrMcFaggot
>inb4 bread on hood/busrider/etc

Any Pennsylvania highway. Have been tailgated doing 70 in a 45, no cops for miles.

>america is also very flat with gridlock and lots of shitty straight line roads

america is a big place and there are huge swathes of developed land where people actually live in reasonable density where the roads are curvy, banked, and the city is not laid out in a perfect grid (even though that is by far the most efficient way to build city streets but whatever)

not everyone lives in california and texas you fuckwit

>GT86
>150MPH

>Anyone calling US a police state

Tell me when you can post your unpopular opinion online and not get arrested, Europe/Australia

Inb4 b-but muh torque dip

>taking 20 fucking miles to hit that...

It's still literally twice as fast as Americans can drive legally.

>no one here actually drives or has ever driven fast in their car. FACT

what kind of statement is that? Fast relative to what? Raced my friend from work once and hit 140 mph on the highway, 70 speed limit.

America's Autobahn is the Florida Turnpike between St. Cloud and Yeehaw Junction

80 through Wyoming

The road I live on, no cops to speak of

I usually do 100mph sometimes for years, never been caught

wyoming is the only serious answer

your engine's got a cold fever

You dont go to jail if you speed in the US, even moreso if you just pull over if they catch you instead of evading police like a retard. And nobody, not even normies and old people, follow speed limit laws set across the country.

You yuropoors have to understand that the US is enormous landmass with long unsupervised roads. Its easy to hit top speed here so long as you drive on an interstate road far enough from a major urban center.
We aren't forced to only speed on one road on our country by permission of our government like good little german boys.

Well it's technically better
A road is just straight and all you can do is speed, on salt flats and (more commonly) sand dunes you can go any direction you want and also slide. Plus no one here obeys the speed limit anyways so it's not like it even matters.

sometimes I wish I lived out in the middle of fucking nowhere
I'd rent a bulldozer and carve out a rally stage on my property
hell, I could even have my own miniature airstrip for an ultralight or some shit

>I'd rent a bulldozer and carve out a rally stage on my property
This is unironically one of my dream goals. Buy some forest property with enough elevation changes to keep me entertained and just run shitboxes through the road I make with some buddies.

I'd try to keep it to non-wooded areas honestly, wrapping myself around a tree without any medics on hand to rush me to a hospital would kind of ruin the fun

>19kmh faster than a 25 year old Ford Probe GT

I'm from TN. I went to Chicago open air last summer. Took 65. Didn't see a single cop the whole 20 hours of drive (10 there and back). Only corn

pussy.

We are slowly, naturally, getting to gravel roads in Michigan.

Special shout out to the Jersey Turnpike

kek

>america is also very flat with gridlock
>hurr durr
Yeah, the Rocky, and Appalachian Mountains don't exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=55O56wsdQ4o