/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TP06kxW_M3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ded gaems
ded guilds
ded genre
ded threds

How long before the mods come? And are we ever going to play together? And by together, I mean you guys minus me because I don't play with anybody.

So by the last thread it's confirmed to be Ashes of Cremantion right?

God damn

Ashes of Cremation

>falling for the kickstarter jew

More like Ashes of Why Bother Getting Excited for or Writing Off a Game That Isn't Even Out of Alpha.
Or just AoWBGEfoWOaGTIEOoA for short.

>people actually falling for the kickstarter memes
Are people so xenophobic about gook/chink games that they're willing to join pyramid schemes and throw away thousands of dollars for something that won't even be developed?

user, you know the answer to that.

Name a single good MMO that isn't dead. People are desperate. Desperate people are easy to manipulate.

broski you can go to Burger King and usually pay $1.50 for 10 nuggets, assuming you live in the states.

ded game general

Maybe he got 100 nuggets.

NovaRO!

>implying there are any good gook/chink/nip/slim games to play
People would probably Kikestart a yellow man's game if they didn't just borrow money from gorillian dollar megaconglomerates instead.

Dude could have. I got 40 once and the cook told me "you made the right choice".

I'm pretty sure chinks/gooks don't pay their employees and just make them work 16 hours days, only to tell them that their salary is tied to how much shit gets sold in the cash shop.

As if it was only MMOs reaping in the cash off kickstarter and other scam sites. People are stupid and willing to ignore all prior evidence because "this time will be different" and "this media object will meet all my lofty expectations if I pray and pay hard enough"

So far I have backed Hyper Light Drifter and Little Witch Academia 2.
No regrets.

Yeah well I've backed Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, and Cube World, so fuck you.

are you ranking up cooking user

Death to Theme Parks!

Theme parks with sandbox endgame elements are the only good MMOs. Regular themeparks grow stale and sandboxes have no content.

should be sandbox with themepark elements

>Theme parks with sandbox endgame elements
What games do this? How does that work?

That makes even less sense.

I prefer themeboxes with sand elements.

I prefer boxes fill with sand themed elementals.

I hate sand

>not backing skub

>mfw I backed RCRU

mah nigga

I did before I quit.

mabi made me feel lonely

thanks doc

Daily reminder Darkfall: Rise of Agon will take the market by storm, and be the defining mmo of this generation.

is bless ever coming out in the west

Have to make friends user, or any MMO feels lonely.

jews everywhere...

jesus how come she looked so cute in the 90s and now she's so ugly

wtf is wrong with you? she still looks quite nice today.

Do go on.

I hate myself and want to die!

Life sure is frustrating, isn't it? Don't worry, it's only temporary.

>not backing Konosuba 3

I would honestly prefer runaway magic to muscular endurance because at least it doesn't kill the shit out of my dps and I could pretend they're boots without the final enchant.

>I hate myself and want to die!
youtube.com/watch?v=TP06kxW_M3I

I have no idea what any of that is desu

Let's Play A Game!

IT ENDS TODAY!

The Mokou never ends.
I actually want to play games with Veeky Forums.

weebs need to be stopped

kill yourselves animeshitters

You can't stop us, kid.

Have a good day.

filtered

Ashes of Lies.
They didn't even make it to launch without going back on their promise.

Why does Albion allow only male characters?

Girls don't play vidya james

Doesn't matter either way cause they're ugly as shit

What about boys that like playing cute girls

Honestly, user, I'm just so disappointed with everything out right now, I'm pinning all my hopes on the unreleased, because at least they have yet to crush my dreams

Stop it. Get some help.

>get help for your heterosexuality
what has the world come to

Anyone ever heard of Karos Returns?

Steam just recommended it to me, it's got a bunch of negative reviews from a few years back but looks like it's just relaunched in february.
Gonna give it a whirl I guess.
Who's in?

I'm in the same situation. I was banking on AoC until they announced a Kickstarter and revealed their true nature. Rise of Agon doesn't appear to offer much over the current stock of decade old games, but maybe I've overlooked something.
So, do go on.

There is literally nothing wrong with playing female characters. It doesn't make you gay or a tranny, it's a cosmetic choice that allows to further cultivate your character's aesthetic.

Never heard of it

But in previous thread we came to conclusion that Albion will be filled with filthy casuals, so there will be some grills involved for sure.

Soon we will only have hope for games that release their name and nothing else. We will have our dreams crushed by the first release of actual gameplay information. The ability to hope and dream is truly the worst human trait. It only leads to disappointment.

>it's got a bunch of negative reviews from a few years back but looks like it's just relaunched in february.

I was invited in a mabi guild and according to discord every second member is a grill. I mean pics are easy to steal but they just can't shut the fuck up about assorted real life garbage so it's believable. It's horrible.

Since I'm bored as fug and have a month of my life to piss away into oblivion, might as well ask this here:

Mainly looking for MMOs that either let me go full merchant with a thriving/not ded marketplace/economy to gain shekels and enjoy being evil, have lods of shit to build/craft, or just allow me to be the weapon/armor smithy and/or miner to finally live out muh dwarf dreams. Any MMOs that especially have a focus on any of these three things (especially crafting, smithan and minean)?

Mabinogi

What's the least dead game right now?

something like pic related?

wow is always the least dead of all deads.

I thought it finally started to die off

XIV? Not sure how fucked the economy is and you might need to do more than a month but you can craft crap that sells p. quick. The only problem is you can't be a dwarf, on the other hand the midget race is full sand jew. Well one other problem being you'd want to level a combat class too. It's not a sand box or anything.

Ragnarok online has all those things except for dwarves and mining.

Nova RO more or less has a thriving player market economy and if you play the market right you can profit big.

discord.gg/dUqF3bT
lets play mmo

ESO if you believe Zenimax's lies, but even if they're telling the truth it's split between platforms.
FFXIV and WoW are very alive, for better or for worse.

It's a slow bleed.

>discord

There's nothing more gay than a man who likes the female form.

Apparently I'm a massive faggot.

why go to discord if there's /mmog/? is this not enough for your circle jerk needs?

His ego needs a good stroke and if he tripfags here we'll just filter him.

Mabinogi

do people still play this?

Lots of people, it can still draw in a small crowd for events and I've never had a problem finding people when it comes to getting help in game.

Mabinogi 2.0 when

I play!

Virtual weddings make me cringe.

Not him but if you're trying to get a group together using Discord is way better for doing a headcount and actual discussion as opposed to filtering it through a sea of false flag and shitposting

if that's the case why post here, at all?

That's a storyline wedding though, not a player one.
I mean player weddings are also a thing.

>trying to get a group together

Then I don't know what you're doing here aka the ded general